3 replies to this topic

#1 Soldier of Fortune

Soldier of Fortune

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:30 PM

Ok I've so I've noticed that stolen gear is often never recovered. While I wish this wasn't the case I realize it's the reality we have to deal with and getting word out to the community to be on the look out is difficult to say the least. So I recommend a centralized listing of stolen gear. Each listing would need to include Make, Model, Description, Serial Number, Contact info to owner, and perferablely pictures. The database would have a program to search the database automatically to find possible matches. If you find the gun is stolen, simply report the seller to the site (Ebay, Craig's List and so on...) and if he did not steal it he can refer you to who sold it to him and so on until the theif is caught. Although many people would be willing to help look for the gun, not having the info on hand to ID the gear often prevents them from realizing that the gear was found. I would also recomend that if buying a marker you ask for the serial number (in picture format) to cross check against the list. Hopefully this will make it more difficult to sell stolen markers and discourage the practice all togeather.

I still suck and barely know positions.

thats what my wife said when I first met her...

#2 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,954 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:49 PM

Although this is a great idea on paper, it may be hard to implement. None the less, I will bring it up to the rest of the staff and see if someone higher up can comment.

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#3 Soldier of Fortune

Soldier of Fortune

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:50 PM

Thanks. I know most people don't bother to write down serial numbers but if your gonna spend upwards of $500 on a gun something that only takes a moment to help protect your gear is a no brainer. And sorry for the rant I just hate the scum thats dragging the sport down the shitter.:(

I still suck and barely know positions.

thats what my wife said when I first met her...

#4 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,954 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:32 PM

No I understand and I do the same thing.

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users