• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:07 PM

So a few months ago, my friend, who is a few years younger (11) was playing with me. It was the last game of the day, only me, him and 4 others left.

So it was Me, him, and a pump player vs 3 huge guys. I was covering him, and he goes up about 3 feet behind them and yells surender. They turn around and shoot him for a good 5 seconds with speed ball markers. The only way he got them to stop was to run 10 feet back and behind a bunker. He was crying and he took of his shirt, his back was more welts than skin, and his hand and finger were shot from that range too. That was just fucked up.

Edited by The Bacon Man, 17 July 2012 - 12:07 PM.

#2 pwnthe2g

pwnthe2g

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:11 PM

thats messed up, i woudlve went to the manager and had them banned from the field, at the very least

Proudly sponsored by Zephyr Paintball!

Setup: Ego 7+ cure 3, 68/45 crossfire w/ ninja ultralite reg, Grillz(eventually angel eyes nvm..), Dye Rotor, empire contact (camo) pants, custom jersey, empire 7 pod and nxe 9 pod harnesses

#3 dobby99

dobby99

Sophomore Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:12 PM

That's messed up. Imma gonna be cliche but this is why paintball is not getting new players. Beginner experiences are so important

Lol we think a like

#4 pwnthe2g

pwnthe2g

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:15 PM

That's messed up. Imma gonna be cliche but this is why paintball is not getting new players. Beginner experiences are so important

Lol we think a like

We do, because i was just thinking my brother refuses to play because he came once with my spyder pilot, which is still better than most rentals, and one kid with an ego(8) though shot him about 45 times between the bunker and the net, the kid was close enough to know my brother was out and the space between the net and bunker was tiny, like 10 feet, and he wasnt laning he was following my brother. he was chronod after at 350 FPS and uncapped ramping. and we all know what egos 7-8 do on uncapped ramping...

Edited by pwnthe2g, 18 November 2011 - 07:16 PM.

Setup: Ego 7+ cure 3, 68/45 crossfire w/ ninja ultralite reg, Grillz(eventually angel eyes nvm..), Dye Rotor, empire contact (camo) pants, custom jersey, empire 7 pod and nxe 9 pod harnesses

#5 mateo

mateo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:30 PM

Thats just messed up man. as a beginner myself, I would never come back after that. I know enough about the sport to know that it thrives on the introduction of new players so for all of you reading this BE NICE TO THE NEW KIDS EVEN IF THEY HAVE A RENTAL, A GRAVITY HOPPER AND A TSHIRT!!! THEY ARE THE FUTURE AND WILL BE THE PRO PLAYERS OF TOMORROW!! but there wont be a tomorrow if people do stupid stuff like lighting the hell out of new players

#6 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:30 PM

Not trying to be a dick or anything, but it happens. and...

Posted Image

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#7 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,636 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:34 PM

Eh, its paintball, you go into it expecting to be hurt, but if your description is accurate then it is pretty messed up. I'm sure we've all been shocked at close range before and lit someone up before thinking about it.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#8 pwnthe2g

pwnthe2g

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:39 PM

completely true, but on some younger players its extremely intimidating and especially as a first time. At least once a day i get overshot by someone being an ass if i go to the worse of my two local fields, but im used to it now. By no means am i happy for the extra 20 balls(not usually 20 u get the point) but i understand not everyone is there to destroy you. 11 and 12 year olds arent so wise, and little kids tend to have a deer in headlights approach as opposed to a get the hell out of the way approach.

#9 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:37 PM

Eh, its paintball, you go into it expecting to be hurt, but if your description is accurate then it is pretty messed up. I'm sure we've all been shocked at close range before and lit someone up before thinking about it.

Yes, its true, and I see what you are saying. Me being a noob, I understand that, but this was 5 seconds of trigger walking X3... They said they were sorry and they were really new, but they all had some nice guns, tactical wear, gloves, etc. I think they didnt mean to do it, but it just happened.

#10 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:40 PM

completely true, but on some younger players its extremely intimidating and especially as a first time. At least once a day i get overshot by someone being an ass if i go to the worse of my two local fields, but im used to it now. By no means am i happy for the extra 20 balls(not usually 20 u get the point) but i understand not everyone is there to destroy you. 11 and 12 year olds arent so wise, and little kids tend to have a deer in headlights approach as opposed to a get the hell out of the way approach.

I see what you are saying. Fortunately he still plays, he was scared of playing again but hey, it doesn't get worse than that and at his age he has some serious balls to be playing again 2 weeks later. Also the ref asked if he was ok, and then packed up to leave work. The refs are really nice but he didn't seem to care.

#11 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:43 PM

Thats just messed up man. as a beginner myself, I would never come back after that. I know enough about the sport to know that it thrives on the introduction of new players so for all of you reading this BE NICE TO THE NEW KIDS EVEN IF THEY HAVE A RENTAL, A GRAVITY HOPPER AND A TSHIRT!!! THEY ARE THE FUTURE AND WILL BE THE PRO PLAYERS OF TOMORROW!! but there wont be a tomorrow if people do stupid stuff like lighting the hell out of new players

Very good point. Even though it is allowed, people never ramp at this field (Probably cause its FPO and $90/Case) so you don't have to worry about being bonus balled.

#12 pwnthe2g

pwnthe2g

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:50 PM

Ramping isnt even allowed at my field to encourage new players, but if someone ramps the refs dont really do anything.. ive seen a kid on an ego 7 doing like high 20s if not 30s bps and the refs casually glanced at him and shrugged it off

#13 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:53 PM

Ramping isnt even allowed at my field to encourage new players, but if someone ramps the refs dont really do anything.. ive seen a kid on an ego 7 doing like high 20s if not 30s bps and the refs casually glanced at him and shrugged it off

That's messed up... I was playing one time (Second day EVER of paintball) and my whole team (15) was bunker-ed in a small area. Paint balls were bouncing everywhere, hitting everyone. The ref told them to stop, they didn't listen. They stopped when some guy watching screamed as loud as he could lol.

#14 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:55 PM

Lets be honest...paintball doesn't always attract the nicest/smartest group of people...I mean think about it...think how much our newer players are COD enthusiasts ...anyone been online recently w/ a mic. ?...yeah...
Sorry to say it ,but this kind of thing is going to happen time & time again.

Edited by BlackRabbit, 18 November 2011 - 09:03 PM.

#15 AbRa KaDaBrA

AbRa KaDaBrA

came for the jugs stayed for the wubs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:18 PM

honestly, were the guys new to that field? cuz where i play. there is no surrender. just tag..your out. if you 3 inches from me and you didnt shoot. your fault. im gonna blast you. but not 40000 times....there is fault on both sides.

#16 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

Lets be honest...paintball doesn't always attract the nicest/smartest group of people...I mean think about it...think how much our newer players are COD enthusiasts ...anyone been online recently w/ a mic. ?...yeah...

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#17 Life_Is_eXCTy

Life_Is_eXCTy

IM SO HAPPY!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:21 PM

I'll never forget it... The first time I went paintballing I had the rental 98 custom.

I was bunkering this dude, and then came up on him, but I was a good 20-30 feet away. I lit him up, and since I was new, didn't really notice I got him(the shitty anti-fog goggles).

After like 3 seconds of shooting the ref comes around the corner and before he can say game over I shot him like 3 times from 20 feet away XD

Feedback 0/1/0

#18 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:25 PM

Its at a paintball field, and hes playing paintball. Shit happens.

/thread
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#19 Funk21

Funk21

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:11 PM

Honestly a reputable field will separate renters and more experienced players for reasons like this. Secondly the ref should have a good handle on where people are especially if there is only 4 of you left. Second, yelling surrender or mercy only works on one person if you are playing with those rules(at least that is the way it is at the field I ref at). The other two players have free reign to turn around and open up on your friend.

I'm not saying these guys weren't in the wrong continuing to fire at your friend as any decent player would have stopped firing after they saw the first few balls break on your buddy. Afterwards i would have had some choice words with the three of them, the ref and the owner or manager. Nobody should walk away crying from a fun game-I know it happens but this has everything to do with poor execution of communication between the field/ref and the expectations of the players who use the field. I always make a point of talking to opposing players to point out that the other team has younger inexperienced players and to be considerate. I have never had anybody give me lip about it, and when I see somebody following my heads up I thank them and give me a quick high five or punch it out to commend them on a good job. If you empower players with the rules and a fair sense of play they will rise up more often than not.

Funk21
Red/Grey Clone VX & Warped Sportz Dark Ego11 Black/Purple
Guerrilla 4500/70 CI
Black Rotor

#20 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:48 PM

this is why we have begginers

#21 atlpaintball24

atlpaintball24

Do you even lift?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:53 PM

It happens in paintball… but he's just a little kid in a rec game, which is pointless (and a waste of paint).

#22 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:01 PM

10.5 BPS capped semi at my field... BYOP too.
Posted Image

#23 ic3man211

ic3man211

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:08 PM

agreed its hard no to hit some one ONCE in the back of the head from 50 ft away. paintballs are so inaccurate that u cant stop everything. the best is to say sorry and high five...and maybe let him get you next round.
Posted Image

#24 dannyboy768

dannyboy768

TOMA ABBIATI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:28 PM

Yes, this exactly! When ever I play COD, theres always that one moron with a mic that sounds like Chewbacca getting raped by Micheal Jackson.
DIRT CHEAP CF Tanks in Hydro!

http://shop.swapmytank.com/

#25 filphil

filphil

Sophomore Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:30 PM

This is why I don't bother with the surrender rule. I just shoot them.

#26 tripp

tripp

Proudly Sponsored by ANSGear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:59 PM

honestly, were the guys new to that field? cuz where i play. there is no surrender. just tag..your out. if you 3 inches from me and you didnt shoot. your fault. im gonna blast you. but not 40000 times....there is fault on both sides.

no matter what feild you go to, no matter how many times youve been there

it is a requirement for the feild to have posted rules, and to ensure you know them
so, im assuming that fi the kid yelled surrender at them to " bunker" them, then that was the feild rules
now if its the other way around, well the kid shouldve read the rules honestly

if your feild doesnt have a posted list of safety rules, report them to their insurance company, its mandatory
Sponsored By: ANSGear, Valken Paintball Southern Maryland Paintball
Posted Image
Bob Long 2k4 alias + freak + halo too

#27 zuchaka

zuchaka

Sophomore Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:40 PM

the fact they shot him so much bothers me but it almost bothers me more the did not honor the surrender rule ..........

#28 Conscript10001

Conscript10001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:21 PM

this is why we don't have begginers

Fixed.
Still trying to find cover...

#29 staggerlax27

staggerlax27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

when there is like one rental left i try to get everyone on my team to take of their hoppers and onlly grab a handful of paintballs. the end results always differ but thts why it makes it fun.
OffTheBreakPaintball LOOK US UP ON YOUTUBE

#30 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:38 PM

did you shit in the guy who did it's bed sheets?
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#31 Superman

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:02 PM

Don't wanna be a dick but the kid should of just shot them. I mean yes it was wrong for them to light the kid up but honestly shoot there asses. I have never asked someone to surrender in over 7 years of playing the sport. If their new you shoot them in the pack, others you just shoot them. I don't intend to play the sport violently or hurt anyone seriously but come on its paintball. If you want something pain free go play laser tag.

#32 SNAKESNIPER

SNAKESNIPER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:55 AM

Fuck a surrender rule, just shoot for the shins from close range.

#33 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:59 AM

I dont follow the surrender rule anymore because of stuff like this.

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#34 The Crazy Cow

The Crazy Cow

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

Tisk, tisk, tisk someone has to give them a spank on the ass.
Moo.

#35 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:22 PM

I'm glad my field has some of the best refs on earth. My buddy marco has almost knocked some dude out because he'd thought it'd be fun to go bum rush 25bps on a rental group of like 13 year olds. He didn't ban the guy but kicked him out for the day and the next day the same guy came back so we all decided to go uncapped on him. His whole team ran off the break and just turned around leaving him by himself.
LoNgBalLeR......................................................................................................SPLAT!!!

#36 phillies0119

phillies0119

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

There is a difference between not surrendering and lighting the person up. My field wants you to do the surrender rule, but even the refs say you don't need to. Why? It NEVER works. Maybe it'll work on your first time playing with a tippy rental, but it doesn't work on anyone who isn't either new or a coward. I don't know why fields have the surrender rule unless it is for insurance reasons.

#37 benj921

benj921

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:04 PM

yea that is fickin annoying, happend to me a couple times but it is paintball and chances are when you go out you will get hurt but even still that pretty stupid

#38 megatwinkee

megatwinkee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

Well i think that was messed up but at my field if someone surrenders you, you have the option to put your gun up and take it or turn and shoot them. i myself have lit a few people up tryin to surrender me simply because they didnt have a gun at the ready or were surrendering someone near me. there is still an etiquette to it and i agree that was messed up

#39 paintballer4ever

paintballer4ever

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

Well i think that was messed up but at my field if someone surrenders you, you have the option to put your gun up and take it or turn and shoot them. i myself have lit a few people up tryin to surrender me simply because they didnt have a gun at the ready or were surrendering someone near me. there is still an etiquette to it and i agree that was messed up

Stop, just stop just let it die.

#40 BMFer

BMFer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

So it was Me, him, and a pump player vs 3 huge black guys (No racism).

Not busting balls, just some advice for life... if there is "no racism" there is no reason to point out they were black. If it has no bearing on the story, just leave it out.

Sorry you & your friend had a bad experience at the field.
There are a-holes in every game/sport/career/etc, and a-holes of every color.

#41 twin brothers

twin brothers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

I dont do surrender rule either, i would of shoot them and thats it , game over, i feel bad for him but iguess he learned a lesson.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

#42 herokight

herokight

STUNTMAN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:03 AM

Honestly a reputable field will separate renters and more experienced players for reasons like this. Secondly the ref should have a good handle on where people are especially if there is only 4 of you left. Second, yelling surrender or mercy only works on one person if you are playing with those rules(at least that is the way it is at the field I ref at). The other two players have free reign to turn around and open up on your friend.

This is true. When a game starts at my local field they put all the people with e guns to the side, split them, and then split the people with mechanical guns between those two teams.

#43 hammer280

hammer280

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:59 AM

Right after I got my first elctro-pneumatic gun, I was taking my board out of it and it got caught on the grip frame screws and ripped the mode button off.

How does this relate? I was stuck in 3-shot and my friend's birthday party was the next day. I was playing and got 15-20ft from a kid at another birthday party and shot him maybe 9 times, hit or miss... After the game was over I told him I was sorry, and his Dad that I was sorry, although they were still pissed, they didn't realize that I felt really bad and what happened happened.

I love how that last phrase(?) sounded like I killed someone while driving drunk, lol, awkward...

EDIT: I also did this to my best friend, but being my best friend he always shit talks about how much better he is at everything blah blah blah, so I fucked him up lol.

Edited by hammer280, 13 July 2012 - 02:01 AM.

#44 Squirt

Squirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:20 AM

necro

#45 opticballer

opticballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

it not racist calling someone black not liking them because there black it racist

#46 schulzy

schulzy

It hurts so good.

• Members
  • 14,843 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:39 PM

So it was Me, him, and a pump player vs 3 huge black guys (No racism).

The colour of their skin wasn't a necessary piece of the story, letting us know they were black doesn't benefit the plot any more than if you left their race out of it.

Also, calliing 'no racism' doesn't make it not racist.

sigwf.png

#47 misterkyle

misterkyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:10 PM

People get bonus balled everyday its nothing new and paintball has had assholes since its beginning. I don't even know how this can be considered news

#48 EnforcePaintball

EnforcePaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

It's a wonder why the ref didn't give the three guys shit for doing that.

#49 apyo

apyo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:36 AM

It's a wonder why the ref didn't give the three guys shit for doing that.

That's the whole thing. Kid refs aren't usually good at reffing, and Kid players aren't good at giving feedback. If someone went and talked to the manager or owner and explained that the refs were allowing the field to run in an unsafe and unsatisfactory way, things might change over time.

But most of the places I've played they would just look at you dumb and want you to go away.

Finding a field that cares about the game and the players is rare. But you also have to be 100% willing to vote with your dollar and stop going when they let things run this way.

And then you have to find someone with a good voice for these things to explain it to the person whose bottom line is going to take the hit when you don't come back and you don't bring your friends. If they see it and they believe it, they'll change it.

If all else fails, buy splatsuits and soldier on.

http://www.techpb.co...?showtopic=9626

I liked the idea of getting in touch with their insurance company. That will definitely make people nervous and compliant.

#50 AndrewH

AndrewH

3L1Te M3Mb3|2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

Same thing happened at my field except it was the opposite. This guy with a speedball gun had run out of paint and got behind some renters, came up to the yelling surrender or die, they screamed and blindfired at him until he was covered in paint. The guy really didnt care because he understood it was there first time and they instinctivly did what they did. I thought it was hilarious.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users