Cap'n Biff

Lab Ogre

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:28 AM

Hey All,

Scenario Arms web page seems to be down/gone. Anyone know what's up? :huh:
Paintballs bounce off me like raisins off an Oldsmobile...
My Feedback
Lapco BigShot Assault A5 14"

#2 notoriousdrg

notoriousdrg

Your FIRST nightmare

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:58 AM

First
Damian "Modelo" Garcia
WIDOWMAKERZ 4 Life
My goal in life: First post every user on this site.

#3 oldnewb

oldnewb

always playing Devil's advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:24 AM

No clue. Hope they haven't gone under... I was planning on picking up one or two items from them if I ever got around to picking up a Phenom. From what I could tell, they had some really nice cosmetic attachments. Real head-turning stuff.

And by the way, "First" without adding anything worthy to the conversation is kind of old, doncha think? At the very least, it's a tad lazy... at least TRY and think of something constructive to add, then incorporate "First" into one of your sentences. Then you're at least being a bit clever.

Edited by oldnewb, 23 November 2011 - 10:26 AM.

Techpb Mike doesn't use Trojan Magnum extra large condoms 'cause he doesn't believe in underboring.

Techpb Mike doesn't hide behind cover. Instead, he shoots down incoming paintballs.

#4 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:25 AM

hmmm

http://www.x7mods.net/

maybe they are just late paying the server bill (hopefully)

#5 Cap'n Biff

Cap'n Biff

Lab Ogre

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:32 PM

hmmm

http://www.x7mods.net/

maybe they are just late paying the server bill (hopefully)

Even if it's just that, it still bodes ill. When you start not paying the utilities, it means things are iffy. Damn.

Oh, and notoriousdrg... First (after Mike).

This is how it's done. B)

Edited by Cap'n Biff, 23 November 2011 - 05:33 PM.

My Feedback

#6 Rangel

Rangel

Windy City Warriors- CPX Sports-

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:15 PM

they said they werent taking anymore orders until further notice because they needed to catch up on the volume of orders they already had.

#7 Cap'n Biff

Cap'n Biff

Lab Ogre

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:50 PM

That's true, but their web page was still up.

There's a difference between not answering the door, and the house going dark...
My Feedback

#8 Gadget Soldier

Gadget Soldier

Very Heavy Gunner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:26 PM

This is from the owner of Scenario Arms posted on X7OG.net
- This is going to be a very long post -

Hi everyone.
Extremely long time no see. I wanted to come inand write this message for all of you because enough time has passed that I canbring myself to come in and give you guys the explanation that you deserve.

I want to start off by first off, from the depthsof my being, apologize to each and every one of you, regular forum members, aswell as moderators for the strain and tension that was placed upon these forumsover the last year and a half as a result of me. I fell off the face of theearth about 11 months ago, and it's taken me that long to build up the strengthto be able to come back in here and face you guys.... if that's any indicationof how much the people in these forums mean to me, and how badly I feel forhaving let you all down like I did.

Allow me to rewind things to explain what goteverything to this point, not out of a desire to make excuses or put blameelsewhere, but to let you guys know what happened, and how I'm starting tofinally be able to make it right with people I still owe refunds too.

-------

Last January when I came out with the phenom5.56mm mags and learned how to make my own 'short run' (50-60 part max) moldsof my mods so that I could FINALLY start just pouring them instead of actuallymodding them,.. things took off in a big way. Orders for the mags were pilingin, and I had to hire a second person to help me pour the plastics and take themags out of the molds every hour so that I could get back to modding kits thatI owed people. The guy that I hired didn't tell me that he had bad vision, andhe ruined 2 batches of mags before I saw what was happening. That pretty muchstarted a domino effect that made me use every last cent that I had to try tobuy more plastic to replace the ones that were just ruined.

Unfortunately I didn't have anymore money, and soI had to use the money from new orders to try and pay for the parts for oldorders to get made and hope that eventually I would catch up. Due to the magfiasco, I got sucked 3 months behind schedule on kits due to the loss of themoney.

Then last June, understandably so,... new ordersslowed to a trickle, which didn't allow me to keep buying the parts to make oldorders and catch up. 2 orders in all of June, 1 order in all of July, 1 orderin August. My hole kept getting deeper and deeper. There was no way to keepgetting caught up because there was no $ coming in to cover orders that I nolonger had the money to cover due to all those mags getting ruined. I hiredMF_Grimm around that time, to try to help me get caught up on emails, and helpcorrespond with people with his customer service background,... because Icouldn't keep up with it all.

In retrospect, I should have let everyone knowwhat happened, and then gotten a regular full time job so that I could haveincome coming in to get caught up without taking new orders. But hindsight is20/20. *shrugs* Unfortunately I didn't.

Everything was pretty much falling apart and I wasgetting crazed phone calls at 4am from angry people, and letters mailed to myhouse by P.O.'d folks. It's always sobering to find out that tons of peoplehate you, and they have found where you live thanks to google heh.

Just around this time I came in contact with acompany that I will not name that wanted me to help them develop parts and kitsfor them. They wanted to mass produce some of my kits and give me a percentageof the sales. Pretty much a dream arrangement, and it would solve all of myproblems. I spent every waking moment focused 100% on trying to get parts made,cleaned up, and ready to show them.

In the end, unfortunately it never panned out dueto the fact that it was a completely 1 sided deal. They pretty much wanted totake over ownership of the scenario arms name and website without paying me forthem, wanted to develop and sell their OWN parts with the scenario arms namewithout letting me approve of the parts or not. Did not want to pay me a singledime for any of my parts that I had developed that they wanted to produce,..essentially wanting me to hand them the entire business and all of my productsfor free. They also wanted me to pay virtually all up front costs to have 3d.CAD files made of each and every single part (could cost up to $2000 perpart... and I had ALOT of parts) that they wanted to make, though they knewthat I was broke.

And they were completely and utterly unwilling tonegotiate on absolutely any single item, point, issue, percentage, anything.Pay for the .cad files when they knew that I couldn't... hand over my company,name, website, and all of my kits and parts.... and not get paid a single dimefor it. Hmmm... let me think. So yeah... that didn't go anywhere.

While that was going, I had 20 people waiting onSCAR stocks for months that were being held by customs because they thoughtthat they were real gun parts.

Alot of orders, and I mean alot, came in inNovember and December, which allowed me to start making a TON of ground incatching up.

In mid-December paypal put a hold on my account,but I didn't know about it until late January '11. I just thought that therewere no orders coming in.

Paypal contacted me and told me that I needed toaddress some orders that they listed before they would open my account. Noproblem, I just needed to order the parts. Unfortunately with every last centbeing in paypal... I couldn't order parts. Paypal wouldn't release funds for meto order anything and told me to figure it out.

I borrowed money and ordered the parts,.. whichtook a week to arrive, and a week to mod the 5 kits. Unfortunately 2 weeks hadpassed,... so another refund request came in. Though the 5 kits got mailed out,because there was an open refund request, paypal kept the account locked untilTHAT person got their order. This person was in Canada... so this was going toget ugly.

Borrowed money which took a few days, ordered theparts to make his kit, waited 3 days for them to come in, immediately moddedthem and sent the kit out. Unfortunately... he was in Canada. The package gotto the border in 3 days, then sat in customs for 4 weeks before it got to him.

4 MORE weeks had passed... and though he got hiskit, in 4 weeks of nothing else getting done... more refunds came in. It was anever ending cycle that I couldn't get paypal to understand. I can't work onpeoples orders if the account is locked, and if I can't work on peoples ordersmore refunds will keep coming in. Their solution.... work on their orders*facepalm*

My account was locked for 11 months. It wasunlocked finally a few weeks ago with just over $100 left in the account whichpromptly went to issuing someone a refund for a scar stock from last year. Allof the money that was previously in the account had been refunded to variouspeople via paypal,.. which I'm glad for.

Once I found out the account was locked, andpaypal wasn't going to unlock it for a looooong time, I started looking for ajob.

I figured that if I could get even a minimum wagejob that I could have my wife pay my bills, and use 100% of my salary to issuerefunds to people. Unfortunately... I spent 10 months looking for a job. over700 applications and resumes, and I couldn't even get hired at starbucks orstocking shelves at the home depot.
file:///C:UsersGadgetAppDataLocalTempmsohtmlclip11clip_image001.gif

I have just finally gotten a job at a machineshop. I've been there for 5 weeks now and STILL haven't gotten a paycheck, butat least I'm working. You could imagine how 10 months of not working can get toyou. My boss says that he's waiting for Boeing to pay him, and that as soon ashe does, that all of us are finally going to start getting paid.

My first check of every month is going to be goingto paying off my bills, and the second check will go 100% towards refunding allof you that I still owe parts too. There is no way that I can make them at themoment, my only option is to whittle down the list of people I owe, and pay youyour money 1 by 1. It'll take a while.... but I will get you your money back.There is no need to spam in here that I owe you a refund... I have a list ofevery refund that I owe someone.

I had to post this, because out of this entireyear,... and it was a dark... dark year for me... the absolute worst and mostheart wrenching part about all of this for me, is knowing how much I let everymember of the X7 forums down. How sorry I am that things fell to where theydid, and how sorry that I am for the frustration and disrespect that all of youfelt with not being able to get in touch with me.

I had to take myself off of the radar. I could notdeal with it anymore, I had a total meltdown around March that I'm just nowbarely coming out of. I didn't log on to facebook for 6 months because each dayI logged on there were at least 20 new 'I freaking hate you dhallak' messages(I had to create an entirely new account), change my cell phone number becauseI was getting harassed (and I can't blame you) at home,... and I didn't logonto these forums to talk to any of you guys in 11 months out of shame.

The people that I owe the biggest apology too herethough... are the moderators. Kanuck, Mutt, Gwalt, Big_D, Vash... and everysingle one of you guys that I didn't name (there are too many),... I amcompletely and utterly from the depths of my soul sorry for the pain and dramathat I caused you all this past year.

I just wanted you all to know that I have a jobnow, and that though it'll take a while... that I will make this right with allof you that I still owe.

And btw... as for the unnamed company that triedto rob me blind.... I'm sure they'd be happy to know that I'm about to startdeveloping parts and full kits for the phenom and x7 for a company that aren'ttrying to cheat me.

Whatever % that I get from eventual sales will begoing 100% towards refunds.

Edited by Gadget Soldier, 24 November 2011 - 02:29 PM.

tkd_basic_sig-a.jpg

Proud owner and sponsored by: Pinokio Hoppers
Team Knuckle Draggerz proudly sponsored by:
Paintballphotography.com / Paintball Gateway Online Store / Tippmannparts.com

#9 Cap'n Biff

Cap'n Biff

Lab Ogre

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:58 PM

Wow. :blink:

And that is why I'm not a businessman...

If his story is true (and I'm not saying it isn't, but you all know how the world works), I really feel for the guy. I'll have to pop by the X7OG site and see what's going on over there. I hope he pulls his sh!t together, and even eventually gets his business back on track.

Thanks for the update, Gadget Soldier. Much appreciated.
My Feedback

#10 Gadget Soldier

Gadget Soldier

Very Heavy Gunner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:14 AM

Wow. :blink:

And that is why I'm not a businessman...

If his story is true (and I'm not saying it isn't, but you all know how the world works), I really feel for the guy. I'll have to pop by the X7OG site and see what's going on over there. I hope he pulls his sh!t together, and even eventually gets his business back on track.

Thanks for the update, Gadget Soldier. Much appreciated.

no problem, he is mainly on the X7OG forums and on occasion the A5OG one as well. But rather than have everyone guessing, I would rather put up what he posted in his own words, even tho I don't think he is even a member here.

tkd_basic_sig-a.jpg

#11 Chaoticredneck

Chaoticredneck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

i need a way to contact him

my team was sponsored by Sceanrio Arms and i need to let him know that we will still support him - stuff happens that is given, just got to take it one day at a time
Team CO Sons of the South
Valken Corps-NE Solider
Proudly Sponsored by Southern Maryland Paintball, ANS GEAR, WTG Tactical

#12 Gadget Soldier

Gadget Soldier

Very Heavy Gunner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:28 AM

my team was sponsored by Sceanrio Arms and i need to let him know that we will still support him - stuff happens that is given, just got to take it one day at a time

Have you tried contacting him thru his @scenarioarms.com email? If it bounces back, let me see what I can do for contact info.

tkd_basic_sig-a.jpg

#13 Chaoticredneck

Chaoticredneck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

Have you tried contacting him thru his @scenarioarms.com email? If it bounces back, let me see what I can do for contact info.

yea it bounced back
Team CO Sons of the South
Valken Corps-NE Solider
Proudly Sponsored by Southern Maryland Paintball, ANS GEAR, WTG Tactical

#14 dhallak

dhallak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:57 PM

Hi guys. First off, thanks to my friend who forwarded this thread to me, second, for those of you who don't know me from other forums, I'm the owner of scenario arms. My website and email addy's have been deactivated since this past december, but I should have them reactivated by the end of next week.

To let you guys know what happened with everything:
I made a huge mistake back when I decided that it would be a good idea to take CONTINOUS orders on custom parts and accessories. In hindsight I should have only ever have taken a few orders at a time, maybe 5.... and then close all orders till those were finished,... then rinse and repeat.
By taking continous orders I go buried and had everything crash down last year.

I have a partner now, as well as a plan to get out of the hole and get everyone that still need to issue a refund too, their refunds. It will take a while, but everyone who never recieved their kits will be getting their money back over time. I have a regular job now, so I'm going to be using a portion of my regular paycheck to issue refunds to people. Myself and my new partner are going to be starting things up again, in a new way... and I'm very excited about what will be happening. Just so that you guys know in advance though, my 'cut' of whatever profits we get, will be going 100% towards continuing to issue refunds, until they are all paid off.

Now... onto the new plan.
I will not be making 'custom kits and parts' for people anymore until all backorders are caught up on. HOWEVER.... very soon, we will be releasing NON custom parts, that we will not be selling ourselves through our website... but instead we are going to be having short-run moulds made for certain parts that I'm working on right now, and I will get the finished parts into the hands of real online stores like rockstartactical and others. That way, players can order directly from full on established stores and KNOW that they have our parts in stock.

I'll still make a custom kit, if it's for a special cause such as a fundraiser game, or for a special cause,... but for the foreseable future,we will just be working on new and inventive parts for the x7, the phenom, AND the a5,... and then get those parts into the hands of stores (and sponsored teams most likely :) )

I also want to get back into carrying the HPA refill hose kits. They are made by ninja, so they are quality refill whips... but they will be making them for us with a different style of end cap than they typically come with, as well as we will also be having cordura camo sleeves included with them as well.

I should have the website back up by the end of next week.

Chaotic, can you shoot me a pm in here with what you need help with mi amigo?

-edit-
Very, very, very soon,... you'll be seeing a new style of trigger guard for the x7, phenom, and a5, that has never really been available commercially before. Think of a trigger guar similar to that on an israeli TAVOR. Also.... an uber sweet foregrip and buttstock for the x7 and phenom. The foregrip will literally have more detail on it than pretty much any single foregrip that has ever been mass produced for a tippy. And nobody else has every had a buttstock produced even remotely similar to the one that will be coming out as well.

And yep... I will be continuing working towards those refunds, chipping away at them bit by bit. Last year was one of those dark years that I hope to never repeat again for the rest of my life.

I'm sorry for letting all of you folks down, but it was alot to have on one guys shoulders. *shrugs*

Edited by dhallak, 22 February 2012 - 09:01 PM.

#15 suasponte2011

suasponte2011

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

know youre trying to make it back on top but i have always been a fan of your stuff i really want to order. if you could please contact me chrisbenson5577@yahoo.com

Edited by suasponte2011, 24 April 2013 - 09:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users