Z3R0

Spontaneous Hate Machine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:45 AM

http://www.zdspb.com...nim_hammer.html
http://www.zdspb.com...anim_spool.html

Cockers are in the first link, Mags are in the second.

sledgehammerbanner2.jpg
05 Cyborg, 06 Cyborg, PM8, Hybrid NXT, E-Mag

Classic/Pump/SC Mag, Brassterling, CCM 86'd SuperStocker, 2008 Grey Ghost, VM-68 EXC

#3 Kanas

Kanas

684! Exit 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:50 AM

thanks but like can you walk the triggers?
Posted Image
R.I.P BORG!

#4 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,114 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:00 AM

on most you cannot.
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#5 Kanas

Kanas

684! Exit 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:01 AM

what are the adventages?
Posted Image
R.I.P BORG!

#6 Z3R0

Z3R0

Spontaneous Hate Machine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:05 AM

They're a lot of fun. That's really about it, they don't have many real advantages over modern markers as far as performance. It's like driving an 80s muscle car versus a brand new Ferrari. Maybe the Ferrari technically does the job better, but some people are always going to prefer their classic Camaro, you know?

sledgehammerbanner2.jpg

Classic/Pump/SC Mag, Brassterling, CCM 86'd SuperStocker, 2008 Grey Ghost, VM-68 EXC

#7 Kanas

Kanas

684! Exit 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:08 AM

I under stand they are classics! so what would be a good entry cocker or mag that is attractive =)
Posted Image
R.I.P BORG!

#8 Z3R0

Z3R0

Spontaneous Hate Machine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:28 AM

Take a look at the used marker sections on here, Automags.org, mcarterbrown.com, and customcockers.com. You can find pretty basic but still fully functional Cockers and Mags for $100 most of the time, sometimes up to $150. There are certainly more expensive ones to be had, up to $1000 or more, but there are still more basic ones for $100-150 at almost any time on the market if you take a look.

sledgehammerbanner2.jpg

#9 Kanas

Kanas

684! Exit 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:31 AM

Thanks! any recomendations?
Posted Image
R.I.P BORG!

#10 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,865 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:14 PM

Generally all mech cockers are the same. You pay for the rarity of bodies and extras for the most part. 2k2 cockers are going for around $130 and are fun. Cockers are finicky though and you will have to time them and sweetspot them.

Classic mags go anywhere from $50-$150 and are light and fun. You do not have to time them or tune them and they are very simple and reliable.

#11 PBpancake

PBpancake

Forever Alone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:24 PM

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend an Autococker to somebody who doesn't really know anything about them. They can be so finicky and they can be really hard to fix sometimes. The only Autococker I would recommend to somebody that doesn't have any experience with them is the Trilogy line, since they don't have a frontblock and aren't as complicated as traditional Autocockers.

#12 Kanas

Kanas

684! Exit 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:52 AM

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend an Autococker to somebody who doesn't really know anything about them. They can be so finicky and they can be really hard to fix sometimes. The only Autococker I would recommend to somebody that doesn't have any experience with them is the Trilogy line, since they don't have a frontblock and aren't as complicated as traditional Autocockers.

thanks, what about a mag?
Posted Image
R.I.P BORG!

#13 PBpancake

PBpancake

Forever Alone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:23 PM

Automags are pretty easy to deal with, I think. Just get a nice, simple Clasic Mag or MniMag.

But beware, the stock trigger is as hard to pull as a rock. Try to find one with a double trigger or a different trigger and trigger frame than the stock one.

Edited by PBpancake, 26 November 2011 - 02:24 PM.

#14 Kanas

Kanas

684! Exit 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

Automags are pretty easy to deal with, I think. Just get a nice, simple Clasic Mag or MniMag.

But beware, the stock trigger is as hard to pull as a rock. Try to find one with a double trigger or a different trigger and trigger frame than the stock one.

Thanks for the Help! have an nice holiday season.
Posted Image
R.I.P BORG!

#15 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:25 PM

I would definitely recommend a nice mag.
They are very easy to maintain and play with and are extremely reliable (as much, if not more-so than a Tippmann).
And they range from the humble $100 workhorse, the 68 Classic.
Posted Image

To the super up'd and customized $500 sex-machines, like mine.
Posted Image

No matter which mag you choose, I guarantee it'll treat you right ;)

Edited by Antonious, 27 November 2011 - 12:26 PM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#16 kanonjon

kanonjon

Oldschool is the proper school

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:16 PM

what are the adventages?

The enjoyment of classic paintballing.

Posted Image
DC2 Nexus - Pro series - Karnivor - Black Magic - Evo - Quest Sniper
Jack Wood on the DC2 : "I would love to have a DC2, in mint condition. I think it's one of the best looking guns I've ever done."
My YouTube channel

#17 Ashton S

Ashton S

Lurk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:16 PM

/\ Exactly

I don't know WHY they work, but they outperform anything on the market hands down...and they're MADE IN AMERICA.

#18 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:52 AM

the only reason i would be careful with a mag is that if you don't have a lvl 10 you will chop higher end paint, you pretty much have to keep to field grade paint to shoot it out of a mag that does not have a lvl 10. autocockers however it is damn near impossible to chop if they are setup properly and you don't short-stroke it.

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

#19 AbRa KaDaBrA

AbRa KaDaBrA

came for the jugs stayed for the wubs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:35 PM

it almost hurts to see this question get asked =[ i must be getting old of somthing lol if i had to choose between a mag and a cocker though i LOVE cockers. ive owned quite a few (not as many as a lot of members here though) i like them because you can do SO MUCH with them, they can be mech or electro, pump or semi its all in the way you set it up. you can even build your own cockers from the ground up on some sites like paintballgateway.com

#20 WhatsHisFace

WhatsHisFace

You're Not Alone, Except in Real Life.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:51 AM

Posted Image

I love you.

#21 trigg3r happy

trigg3r happy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:53 PM

Mags are less fun to me. No moving parts. When they leak you might as well pay 80$ and send them to agd.
That being said they are still a fun gun. I would suggest buying a new ULE mag straight from AGD. It will retain 95% of its value, you get all the upgrades (level ten, trigger job, your choice of frame) and you know it works.

Cockers will leak more often but are easy fixes. honestly a cocker is one of the easiest guns to repair and maintain. There are 100,000 youtube tutorials, and they are about as easy to assemble as a spyder.

It depends on your price range:

New: your only option here is CCM or the AKA merlin body kits both are expensive.

Used:
600+:
DC2

4-600$ range:
Mech: Belsales Evo x or Eclipse Autococker
Electro: Karni MQd, SR MQd
Pump: New ccm 6

3-400:
Mech: shocktech SFL, Kapp, CCM works
Electro: A nice 2k+ body with an E2
Pump: CCM with an AT kit

1-200:
WGP cockers

mainly the bodies are the same milled from wgp blanks (aside from aka, ccm, and jackal machine)
I would avoid ANS, Palmers, FBM, Spankyfishbone, Race frames, and MQ valves if you are not confident with taking it apart. These items are finicky.

I would avoid an E1 if I could.

Basically my favorite cockers are these:
Belsales/ Eclipse: they took a standard cocker and polished modded stock parts to make them better
Shocktech: took the hot rod approach but still very similiar to belsales just a different approach.
Kapp: took both approaches and made fantastic custom cockers
AKA: pricy but AKA doesn't have upgrades, they have accessories
CCM: Makes great stuff especially pump stuff

The main thing it will come down to is your milling preference as all of them will have a different flair.
But basically unless its electro they will all shoot effeciently, smoothly (weight helps with this), fairly fast, and quiet.
The main selling point of ccm is they warranty parts for life.
The main selling point of belsales is they are still in buisiness and have rebuild parts for rams and regs.
Kapp is no longer around, but they made stuff to last
Shocktech no longer makes rams, lprs, or 3 ways and the 3 way oring is not easy to find
Aka is just really pricey.

Any of those brands I would strongly reccomend

#22 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

Say Chesse!! your about to get Painted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:46 AM

Posted Image

I love you.

i secound that

#23 PAINTHEY

PAINTHEY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:54 PM

I think the big draw to the cocker and mags are the tinkerer. Want a gun you can spend hour's modifying and $100's customizing? Then welcome to the family!<br> <br>Here's my 1996, heavily modified 68 mag. Semi auto walking the trigger. <br>
Spoiler

<br><br>

Edited by PAINTHEY, 02 February 2012 - 12:55 PM.

another Mike...

#24 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

Since when were Palmer's items finicky? They are some of the best in paintball, especially for Autocockers. Palmers might be on the expensive side, but they perform hella better than any stock WGP parts, or ANS parts.

#25 trigg3r happy

trigg3r happy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

For someone who does not know anything about cockers a three way that has three times as many parts may not be the best idea. Even though it is one of the better designs.

#26 Kermit

Kermit

TechPB, sad to see the end of an era. R.I.P.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:49 AM

Timing a 'cocker isn't a hard task, just takes time to learn properly. If you can time a 'cocker, you can fix anything.

#27 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

<can time my cocker, cant stop the leak in my droid xD

#28 ghostdancer

ghostdancer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Mags are less fun to me. No moving parts. When they leak you might as well pay 80$ and send them to agd.

Fixing a leaking AutoMag is not harder than fixing a leaking AutoCocker or a leaking "modern age" gun like Ego, DM oder Luxe.
You just have to get on the problem in a methodic way - replacing orings in a random order doesn't help to fix a leaking gun, no matter what brand or type it is.
Tom Kaye (the man who invented the AutoMag) made a video which explains to pinpoint the problem. It's floating around on YouTube. Once you watched it, it's quite easy to fix a leaking AutoMag.

The only hard thing in my opinion is to set up a level 10 bolt kit the right way. It may take some time, as you have to go by try and error. Sometimes you hit the perfect setup by the first try, sometimes you tinker around a lot until you have it working right.

Neverthelesss - if you decide to get an AutoMag or an AutoCocker, be aware that these guns need some more time and love to be set up and tuned perfectly. It's not as easy as with modern guns, where you play with the settings of the board. It's all mechanical, so you need at least a bit of talent and craftmanship if you want to get the best results.

On the other hand you have endless options to customize the guns for your needs and preferences - and that's the fun part of it in my opinion.

It took me about one and a half year to get the all the parts I needed to build my personal AutoMag (here in Germany we face some problems, as paintball guns are considered firearms, so you can't just import the main parts of them). Now, that I have completed it and set it up right - I won't give it away at any cost. I owned some highend guns (MacDev Clone, Planet Eclipse Geo 2 and 2.1, Dye NT10 and NT11) and never had a problem to let them go. My AutoMag? The only way to get it is to take it from my dead, cold hands... ;)

Edited by ghostdancer, 12 April 2012 - 02:33 PM.

Fear is just an emotion...

#29 Nategotskillz

Nategotskillz

Playing Since 05'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

I was in your spot about 4 years ago. Autocockers and mags are definitely the classics of paintball. Just like stated earlier, they're more than likely not up to par as the new markers performance wise, but they are definitely fun guns. Autocockers have so many moving parts and different parts that intertwine to work together as one unit. Mags are quite reliable and are great guns. You cannot go wrong with either. Theyre are very different and I would suggest trying both of them at one point. It's a great journey and learning experience. It makes you have a soft spot for those classic markers when you finally see them fine tuned and working.

#30 Phoenixblade

Phoenixblade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

I am getting back into the sport after a rather lengthy hiatus (married and had a couple kids, wouldn't trade it!). When I stopped playing the Electronic markers were just starting to hit the main stream and were pretty much led by the Angles. Smart Parts had just released their second generation Shocker and first generation Impulse, Spyder and PMI released their electronic versions. Autocockers and Mags (especially the RT) were still the Kings. I still have my Autococker and would not trade it for anything it is a joy to shoot especially with the swing trigger, which was just becoming the crazy when I built mine. I would be bold enough to say that it will hold it's own with most of the markers that are on the market today in regards to overall performance except for rate of fire.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users