Photo

"search before posting" rule in VS forum?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:55 PM

Hey mods, im a regular in the vs. forum. i try to offer advice the best i can and i enjoy helping people get some factual info about guns.

the only issue is, i see the same thread popping up 4 millions times a week. take the topic of "drone dx vs alien invasion" i think in the past 2 weeks this has been brought up atleast 5-6 times in some form or another.
wouldn't it be more helpful to everyone to just have "official" topics regarding that specific vs? i'd suggest that we just place a rule that you must search before posting or else your post will be marked as spam.

that would def. help keep the clutter down and help the regulars out by keeping a specific discussion contained into 1 topic rather that 6-7 redundant ones.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#2 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,635 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:10 PM

I say no, people want specific viewpoints on things and its their choice to ask questions, there can only be so many guns to pit against each-other, the thread would burn out in a week if this rule were introduced. If it were to happen we might aswell just sticky a thread saying all the best guns for their price.

Also, PBN has this rule, and its absolute crap since they have just one thread for asking VS on guns, total cluster fuck.

Edited by Cookybiscuit, 30 November 2011 - 03:10 PM.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#3 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,861 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:07 PM

While it would certainly keep clutter down, the point of TechPB is to encourage people to ask questions. Sometimes, I'll just link the person to a previous thread and say "check out this thread. It's probably got the answers you're looking for."

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#4 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,945 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:29 PM

the problem with making that a rule is 1. people arent going to follow it and 2. its gonna cause more flaming.
I used to be apart of a dumming forum and that was a rule there. Everytime someone new would join they would skip the rules and go straight to post and it was usually a question. Within seconds the thread would be filled with people putting down this new member for not searching first. I don't know about anyone else but that doesn't sound like a very warm welcome to me (hence the reason why I no longer visit that site).

And don't tell me it wont happen because you guys love flaming and trolling the shit out of eachother

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#5 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,012 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:35 PM

Yeah Mike has already shut this idea down before. Dont like helping people then dont post but his response always is this forum is for helping.

yea I kept seeing banner ads for asianbeaver.com until I cleared my cache

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#6 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:00 PM

i thnk it would be a good idea to have pinned high end, mid end, and low end threads... i am not talking about pinning an ego vs dm thread... but jsut a general high end, mid end or low end... give users a place to compile all the information in one thread, make a search easier... i see the value in having multiple threads about a topic... but, having a slew of information in one thread vs spead out in multipel threads over 10 pages ight be an easier way to get all the view points in one spot....
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#7 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:02 PM

Meh. I like it when people make threads.

Mike also said to ban people for posting nastily that they should search or read the stickies. He hates stickies, I enjoy banning people. Woot!
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#8 zuchaka

zuchaka

Sophomore Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:35 PM

people SHOULD always search before posting anything on any board but they are too lazy the problem is about making a rule is you spend more time fighting about it and enforcing it because .....again people are lazy...so it just becomes more work than its worth. Great idea in theory

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users