• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 thedude284

thedude284

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:51 PM

Kidney shots from paintballs are bad? its a paintball ive been shot a million times didnt know they could do any damage? can they and if so its prob not much im not worried just curious

#2 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:53 PM

Wanna know what's bad? Kidney shots from bears, those things don't fuck around....

#3 Metaballer95

Metaballer95

Just Your Typical DM Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:56 PM

Wanna know what's bad? Kidney shots from bears, those things don't fuck around....

I'm dying sympathetically
DM12
Rotor 3rd Gen
Ninja Grey ghost 68/45
Dye I3's

#4 Frisky Tugboat

Frisky Tugboat

Purple is my favorite animal in the alphabet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:00 PM

If they were that bad they would probably make kidney protectors or something. I would be more worried about protecting my manhood than my kidneys honestly
Empire Axe, Invert Halo Too, Ninja 50/4500

#5 Metaballer95

Metaballer95

Just Your Typical DM Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:00 PM

But no, there not. I have no idea where you got that from
I've been Paintballing for 4-5 years and I have never experienced any problems with my organs playing paintball..except for down there, my future children don't seem to be lookin good
DM12
Rotor 3rd Gen
Ninja Grey ghost 68/45
Dye I3's

#6 LikeACheeseStick

LikeACheeseStick

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:04 PM

"They found me in an alley way, trying to re-enter the Earths' atmosphere in an old refrigerator box."

#7 thedude284

thedude284

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:13 PM

i know ive never had a problem but ive been hearing vids i find around like tech and social paintball about geear to protect from being down dirty and some players on te field have said it but they prob just cry alot

#8 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:17 PM

Yeah, I'd be more worried about the family jewels than the kidneys.
My main ref always says: "If my children end up having Down's syndrome, we all know why."

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#9 AJ1337

AJ1337

MEOW :3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:20 PM

probably from dyes new pigsticker feature in their jerseys..

Posted Image

aparently someone thinks getting hit in your armpit is more important then shoulder and chest padding Posted Image

#10 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:30 PM

Armpit shots hurt like a bitch.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#11 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

well i have a kidney disease called sis, basically i have bumps on my kidneys and by the time i'm around late 30's early 40's mine will stop working properly and i have to go on dyalasis to get my blood clean so i would buy a kidney protector to try and ad a few month/years on-to the life of my kidneys...

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#12 Kurtis180

Kurtis180

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:18 AM

They seem to be more painful than regular hits
setup: dangerous power g4, invert too, 48 3000 ninja tank, white and black events

#13 RealtorTommy

RealtorTommy

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,361 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:06 AM

I don't know if any studies have been done(can't find any). I do know cycling has the most kidney damage per sport with football/rugby right behind it and suspect motorcycling, soccer, snow boarding along with hockey to be in there somewhere also. Now a crash on bicycle handlebars doesn't seem like it would have an outcome like this and I wonder if a hard blow from a close paintball shot or repeated blows would cause a bruised kidney or worse?

Honestly don't have a clue......

Edited by RealtorTommy, 01 December 2011 - 06:25 AM.

#14 Goldkiller

Goldkiller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:44 AM

I've taken shots to the kidneys once before, hurt like a #$%^@ for a good 5 minutes and I fell over on my knees and didn't wanna get up but after about 10 mins I was fine.

(My pod pack slid up on my waist when I ran down the left tape and shot my brother in the right snake, but as I passed him he spun and unloaded on my back thinking he wasn't hit and landed the magic shot as my pack slid up)
Other then that I haven't had any problems with kidney shots, your pod pack protects you enough.

As far as I know (I'm a student athletic trainer at my high school and have taken all medical classes available) kidney shots do not cause any extensive damage, they just hurt a lot and will cause bruising on your skin, most likely not your kidneys, I have treated an injured football player who took a bash to the kidneys and all he needed was some ice and a little time, and he was perfectly fine. So feel safe in the fact that you can pelt away at your kidneys (although I wouldn't advise trying it, lol)

-Own or be Owned-

Goldkiller's Feedback

bitches tryin' to hit my goggle cam

#15 kiriyama9000

kiriyama9000

SEUM DWA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:55 AM

I've had two kidney shots that put me down for a while.
Both of those were after I'd been on the field for quite some time, so I think the pain is relative to how exhausted you are.
proned behind a wall looking into another room. He flanked me and nailed me with at least two hits right into my kidneys.
That ended the day and I felt like crap for a while afterwards.

The other bad one was during one of the scenarios at OA Bowie. I got caught between the crossfire of both teams and was nailed in the kidneys along with just about everything else. I crawled my way out of the fray and pretty much laid there for a while until I could get back up, lol. My right side was sore for a few days after that.

Makes me sound like a wimp, huh?
Posted Image

#16 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:12 PM

Kidney shot is the most painfull shot I've gotten(haven't been shot in the nuts yet). It's the only paintball shot that left a scar...

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#17 In_the_snake

In_the_snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:04 PM

getting hit in the kindey is not a good thing! In some cases if a kidney is damaged enough it can cause other problems in other parts of the body such as urinating blood, not good at all!
IF YOUR UNDER 18 AND PAY FOR YOUR OWN STUFF PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE
My marker doesn't just shoot butter lanes, it shoots butter lanes with people on them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users