31 replies to this topic

#1 chi-townSniper

chi-townSniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:24 AM

All better.

Edited by chi-townSniper, 11 March 2012 - 01:55 AM.

#2 Bluey

Bluey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:23 AM

Oh Come On ! ! your better than that to even ask ha ha ha , wear a hat or get better backers, after all they are the one`s there to protect you, Or your playing too long at keeping down and not doing your Job. either way I find this post funny, It`s like saying I like playing paintball but I`m afraid of getting Shot Posted Image .. Bluey

#3 epikfailpaintball

epikfailpaintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:07 AM

There are paintball hats you can buy that have padding in them for something like that. Reballs hurt more than paintballs so dont worry about paintballs.

#4 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:08 AM

So I'm a d4 player( nothing serious though) and I was playin at a reball place practicing. I was in snake. I'm a pretty good snake player i'd say, but that's from me so who knows. So I was moving up in snake one game and it was three on three and I didn't know, but the rest of my team got out and I was in s3 . I guy ran highway and shot me 3 times in the head and I honestly thought I had a concussion....I might've. I layed there for about 5 seconds until the ref Asked if I was ok. I said ya and walked off.

That was in the beginning of summer, and to this day I haven't played snake. I'm afraid. I love it but I can't build up the courage to go back, what should I do.

First of all, Bluey's comments were rude and uncalled for.

I would find field with a solid 10-15 ft rule and play snake there. That way you can play snake without the fear of getting bunkered and get your confidence back. Once you get your confidence back without the fear of getting bunkered you can move on to playing the snake in team practices and eventually tournaments. You should also talk to your team about a way of communicating that players are hit. That way when your in the snake you can become aware that your teammates are out and be better able to prepare if you get stuck in the snake as the last player.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#5 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:11 AM

Oh Come On ! ! your better than that to even ask ha ha ha , wear a hat or get better backers, after all they are the one`s there to protect you, Or your playing too long at keeping down and not doing your Job. either way I find this post funny, It`s like saying I like playing paintball but I`m afraid of getting Shot Posted Image .. Bluey

You need to learn some manners. This isn't just a fear of getting shot as he still plays, its more like getting back onto an airplane after surviving a crash or getting back on a bike after a horrible bike crash. Honestly, you need to grow up. I doubt you would play the snake if you took 3 point blank bounces off of the back of your head either.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#6 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,708 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:17 AM

Maybe wear a Hundredth Monkey Turtle Cap, or a normal hat or beanie is the cheaper solution...

Those dome shots can be painful, I don't wear anything on the top of my head though, just a headband for my forehead.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#7 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:12 PM

Well if you play snake again you're likely to be bunkered again. So if you dont like getting bunkered I would say just dont play snake.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#8 misterkyle

misterkyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:54 PM

bunker some guys to get you confidence back.
get a beenie or bounce cap

#9 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,806 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:08 PM

I can understand where you're coming with this. Snake can turn into a bloodbath sometimes. You can't always see a lot and you're in a very vulnerable position. God help you if you're the last one left. The only thing you can really do is just block it out from your mind and try to focus on the task at hand. Not the greatest advice but I don't think you're going to find an easy answer here.

40k-1.png

#10 PeanutWing

PeanutWing

Sleepy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:45 PM

Wear a beanie, and go out and play some other bunkers, and when you see the opportunity, jump right into snake

#11 pxndx

pxndx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:46 PM

Pretty sure it wouldn't have been a concussion from paintballs unless you were shot right in the temple. Some head shots hurt like hell and your nerves would've just sent shooting pains all around your skull.
If you're worried about your head, worry more on the blunt force trauma like diving head first into the ground etc Posted Image

#12 chi-townSniper

chi-townSniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:50 PM

Pretty sure it wouldn't have been a concussion from paintballs unless you were shot right in the temple. Some head shots hurt like hell and your nerves would've just sent shooting pains all around your skull.
If you're worried about your head, worry more on the blunt force trauma like diving head first into the ground etc Posted Image

Ive had a concussion from football before and it was worse then that. Imagine 3 reballs, probly not chronoed lower cuz people are dicks, hitting you in the head from about 2 feet at most.....I think it mightve, but then again, im no doctor.

#13 pxndx

pxndx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:03 AM

I've had a serious concussion too from mountain biking and ended up in hospital overnight. But I'm pretty sure paintballs/reballs wouldn't have enough weight behind them to create a force to bruise your brain as your brain would need to smack up against your skull to bruise, which then could lead to a concussion.

But also I guess it depends on your age and how developed your skull is.

Edited by pxndx, 03 December 2011 - 12:06 AM.

#14 chi-townSniper

chi-townSniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:47 AM

I've had a serious concussion too from mountain biking and ended up in hospital overnight. But I'm pretty sure paintballs/reballs wouldn't have enough weight behind them to create a force to bruise your brain as your brain would need to smack up against your skull to bruise, which then could lead to a concussion.

But also I guess it depends on your age and how developed your skull is.

Well it hurt really bad, a lot more then usual

#15 iCantSnapShoot

iCantSnapShoot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:01 AM

beanie and sandana
Feedback: 6/0/0 Look at my Youtube! Systematic Chaos Obey Murdertron Adventure Park Paintball

#16 dietdrextreme

dietdrextreme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:38 AM

A concussion isn't caused by impact like that, its from when your brain smacks the inside of your skull too hard. You probably just got your bell rung.

As for being afraid theres really not much you can do other than just doing it and facing your fears

#17 pxndx

pxndx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:10 PM

Well it hurt really bad, a lot more then usual

Yeap I've been shot right in the back of the head at pretty close range and the pain was really intense. Made me rage more than anything.

#18 joe32

joe32

So much stuff for sale someone save me

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:03 AM

Your a complete dick. Completly uncalled for. cmon man.

OP: Try to block it out or think of times you had in snake where you felt like a BA to get your self back in their

RIP Danijel Jagodic,AKA BORG.

CHEAP Loaders Cheap Empire Axe Azodin KP FEEDBACK +idk, maybe 7

If you saw both PC Nation Fighting Threads put this in your sig

#19 Bacon strips

Bacon strips

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:45 AM

You'll be fine. stuff like that will happen thru your paintball career. As long as your not seriously injured you'll be fine.
I have 5 guns, and 3 of them are broken.

#20 kfarns

kfarns

The Creed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:54 AM

So not to get trashed myself, but Bluey is right. He didn't say it in the nicest way possible, but that doesn't make him wrong.

In paintball, you get shot.
In speedball, you get shot more.
In snake, you get shot more still, and often from much closer distance.

Its just something that you have to resign yourself to accepting if you want to play speedball, and double if you play snake.

The only things you can do to mitigate the pain have already been said, but I will say them again anyways:
-Head Protection
-Better communication / focus from you support players (both mid and back)
-Acceptance of what is unavoidable

Basically, your fear is totally understandable and logical. Anybody who plays seriously has been there. The question then is if you are going to let the fear control you, or if you are going to use that fear and the rush it gives you to make you focus better, move faster and become a better player because of it.

-Kfarns

#21 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:02 PM

You need to learn some manners. This isn't just a fear of getting shot as he still plays, its more like getting back onto an airplane after surviving a crash or getting back on a bike after a horrible bike crash. Honestly, you need to grow up. I doubt you would play the snake if you took 3 point blank bounces off of the back of your head either.

i got 4 point blank bounces on my dome before. damn empire custom blend and damn noob back player

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#22 Panda_With_Guns

Panda_With_Guns

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

JT has goggles that cover your whole head. You could wear those for reball play.

Posted Image

#23 Jay Shack

Jay Shack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:22 PM

holy shit, is this common practice in the US, playing games with reballs? sounds bloody dangerous to me...

Geo 2.1 ~ AUS Represent
South East Cartel

I get more bounce than a heart-shaped mattress in a Vegas motel, au naturelle

#24 lourens00000

lourens00000

The STIG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:52 AM

Get a full head

reballs
wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AXE,ETEK3,TM15,RAIL+Rotor+Z2+Crossfire68/4500+Events

Posted Image

#25 XxLOPERSxX

XxLOPERSxX

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:39 PM

So I'm a d4 player( nothing serious though) and I was playin at a reball place practicing. I was in snake. I'm a pretty good snake player i'd say, but that's from me so who knows. So I was moving up in snake one game and it was three on three and I didn't know, but the rest of my team got out and I was in s3 . I guy ran highway and shot me 3 times in the head and I honestly thought I had a concussion....I might've. I layed there for about 5 seconds until the ref Asked if I was ok. I said ya and walked off.

That was in the beginning of summer, and to this day I haven't played snake. I'm afraid. I love it but I can't build up the courage to go back, what should I do.

http://www.ebay.com/...-All-Categories

These hats solved my fear of getting shot in the head. (I got bunkered bare head and it wasn't fun) Bounces don't even hurt with these freakin things.
My Setup- Spyder MR5 with an Invert Halo TOO and a Ninja 49/4500

#26 trackattackzb

trackattackzb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:51 AM

onestly the creed is right but bluey is a prick i have had a concusion before and it herts like hell if getting shot in the head bugs u that much than

A-get a beeni
B- get a mask witha head protecter
C-use a helmet for pb u can get at ans
D- use other ideas listed in other posts or ur ideas

the point is pb hearts speed ball really hearts and snake is worse
so if u like pb use a idea posted ur not a wus or sumting it really hearts but u gotta get over it
the same thing has happend to me and it rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hearts

#27 Premium

Premium

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:08 PM

Play back then, All i have to say.

#28 drunkenpriest

drunkenpriest

I relax 8 days a week.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:25 AM

like nike says, just do it! ;)
Posted Image

#29 imadog

imadog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:21 PM

That is the thing with playing snake, you WILL get bunkered...ALOT. Snake play can change the game, but unless they have good back players, are some of the first to go.

I think if you just get a beanie or play with a newer group that will not bunker you i think you will be fine.

Tippman: Highend Brass Eagle.

#30 DrewaV

DrewaV

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:47 AM

wear a helmet :P no but seriously just go out and play if you don't want to play snake don't play it.

#31 MURPHofPBP

MURPHofPBP

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:35 AM

if u can grow out ur hair, and u can either let it hang out or stuff it all in a beanie
Posted Imagei sware i walked off the field, shoot my head and paintballs just fell out
POOPIE DOOPIE DOOPIE DOO

#32 Red Infinity

Red Infinity

sugar berzerk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,406 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:20 AM

beanie's work great ive gotten 5 bounceds in one day wearing one.

beanie's work great ive gotten 5 bounceds in one day wearing one.
RAWR?

#33 BRUTE

BRUTE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

Dont worry. At least you havent done what iv done! Okay so i started airball about a year ago. After playing in to woods for 4 years. And i wanted to play snake cus it looked fun! Btw im 17 about 6 foot and 230lbs (football player) so for lack of a better word ima tank ass hahaha. But so i had never dove into snake before. Iv done knee slides and hip slides but i wanted to superman dive into snake to take less time. Sooooooo i ran up full speed off the break and dove..... Now from here it gets bad. Lmao i hit the ground chest first and dislocated my shoulder lmfao. Iv played football for years, goten broken fingers, arms, and a torn MCL, and still set foot on the field every friday night, but i will NEVER try and play snake again! Hahaha. So if you love paintball like i love football, despite injury, then get back in there and play your ass off. Shit happens. Thats just sports. Good luck!
#63 on the roster #1 in your heart!!

#34 Ajomega

Ajomega

No thats not me in the photo... yes its winsauce

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

What are you? Some guy off nation? What's with the snide remarks dude? That's not cool...

Anyways back on topic, it's not a big deal to be a bit scared, hell I'm still a little scared to play too, but it's the love the game that brings me
Back. Most of the time I feel scared its cause of the adrenaline rush, but it's all about the adrenaline rush in the first place. Try and just work yourself up to playing more aggressively and them slowly get back into snake as u get more and more comfortable. Try and use the adrenaline rush to work yourself into doing it, a lot of the time it's just about commiting to the move, even if you know you'll most likely get shot. Good luck out there!!

Edited by Ajomega, 29 February 2012 - 07:00 PM.

urgh. I cant figure out how to put my bfbc2 stats on here :(

#35 chi-townSniper

chi-townSniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

Dont worry. At least you havent done what iv done! Okay so i started airball about a year ago. After playing in to woods for 4 years. And i wanted to play snake cus it looked fun! Btw im 17 about 6 foot and 230lbs (football player) so for lack of a better word ima tank ass hahaha. But so i had never dove into snake before. Iv done knee slides and hip slides but i wanted to superman dive into snake to take less time. Sooooooo i ran up full speed off the break and dove..... Now from here it gets bad. Lmao i hit the ground chest first and dislocated my shoulder lmfao. Iv played football for years, goten broken fingers, arms, and a torn MCL, and still set foot on the field every friday night, but i will NEVER try and play snake again! Hahaha. So if you love paintball like i love football, despite injury, then get back in there and play your ass off. Shit happens. Thats just sports. Good luck!

Sorry didnt read. Unnecessary Necro

What are you? Some guy off nation? What's with the snide remarks dude? That's not cool...

Anyways back on topic, it's not a big deal to be a bit scared, hell I'm still a little scared to play too, but it's the love the game that brings me
Back. Most of the time I feel scared its cause of the adrenaline rush, but it's all about the adrenaline rush in the first place. Try and just work yourself up to playing more aggressively and them slowly get back into snake as u get more and more comfortable. Try and use the adrenaline rush to work yourself into doing it, a lot of the time it's just about commiting to the move, even if you know you'll most likely get shot. Good luck out there!!

Thanks for the help

#36 PeanutWing

PeanutWing

Sleepy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

<br>i got 4 point blank bounces on my dome before.&nbsp;&nbsp;damn empire custom blend and damn noob back player<br>

<br><br>Pretty sure if he was hitting you, he isn't the noob here.

#37 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,964 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:02 PM

I shoot myself in the shin before every day of playing. Gets the gitters out. Lets you go balls out every time u go without fear.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#38 pbkid74

pbkid74

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

Yeah theres no way your brain could have smacked back on your skull or vice versa from that. You did just get your bell rung. If you had a concussion you would surely know. How I know I have experienced 3 pretty decent concussions from hockey and a couple heavy bell ringers and Im only 16 lol
Set up:
Invert Mini Dust Black, Ninja 45/45 tank, Empire Magna smoke, Dye i4's black
PAINTBALLS DO HURT.....For a second so stop being such a bitch about...

#39 ProtoRail2011

ProtoRail2011

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

Just play the sport you love! Dont worry about things like that!
Posted Image
Setup 2011 Proto Rail,Dye Rotor, Ninja 68/4500 Tank
I get plenty of free paint as a rec player. It's usually travelling at my face at around 300 FPS, but It's free...
Put this in your signature if your under 18 and buy all
of your paintball equipment

#40 MMMerc

MMMerc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

Do you have hair? I know it sounds stupid but hair helps out alot and can stop paintball from hurting, heck i've even had balls bounce off my hair.

I 'm not really scared of getting hurt by them truthfully, i understand that some people are, but after doing MMA For a long time paintballs don't seem like so much.

Edited by MMMerc, 09 March 2012 - 10:52 AM.

#41 chi-townSniper

chi-townSniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

thanks for the advice everyone but this was a while ago, so im okay now. Mods please close.....

Do you have hair? I know it sounds stupid but hair helps out alot and can stop paintball from hurting, heck i've even had balls bounce off my hair.

I 'm not really scared of getting hurt by them truthfully, i understand that some people are, but after doing MMA For a long time paintballs don't seem like so much.

I have some of the best flow youll ever see, and yes, it does help.

#42 Plazmaz

Plazmaz

That's What She Said!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

Umm. Couple of things.
1: Have someway your teamates can let you know, even though your not suppose to talk when your out.
2: Headgear.
3: Avoid getting highwayed and try countering it

Cru Paintball, Michigan
Yeah im 12. Come at me bro...

Posted Image

#43 Kirko017

Kirko017

Say no to drugs!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:13 AM

This stuff just happens. Probably doesnt help that it was reball either. You're still alive though, right? Wear a beanie or hat. It will add some protection. Just part of playing paintball though. Build your awareness so you know your the last guy left. Have your teammates yell hit so you can keep track of them easier.

Kent State University Paintball Club
The University of Akron Paintball Club

Eminence

Paintball gear for sale!

#44 pbkid74

pbkid74

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:50 AM

Be like a pro and wear a beanie and like 4 headbands
Set up:
Invert Mini Dust Black, Ninja 45/45 tank, Empire Magna smoke, Dye i4's black
PAINTBALLS DO HURT.....For a second so stop being such a bitch about...

#45 chi-townSniper

chi-townSniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:10 PM

Mods please close

#46 IPWNU

IPWNU

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

You sly dog, you! Posted Image
Posted Image

R.I.P. Danijel 'BORG' Jagodic

#47 carbo

carbo

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

just play around you will eventually get over it wear a beanie

#48 chi-townSniper

chi-townSniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

Mods please close

#49 dangl

dangl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

I suffer from concussions all the time, and feel the effects of them everyday. But I still love to play, so I do what I can to protect myself.
Yeah, I'm still afraid of getting hit in the head because I have no way of knowing how bad the symptoms will be. I've been at both ends of the spectrum. It's a risk I'm willing to take until I physically can't do it anymore.
It's your body, no one else knows a damn thing about it so it's up to you to protect it as much as you see fit. People who say, "I just got my bell rung", still get symptoms of concussions.

Get a hundredth monkey hat. Bounces all day. There is another product out there, D3O technology, it's used in snowboarding and moto-X. Supposedly works wonders.

How long will this shit be ignored? Yeah, concussions have been all over the news lately, I'm actually sick of it myself, but I just want to say that it does happen in this sport. Some people will laugh it off, make jokes about it. That's fine, maybe it doesn't happen to them. But if a player does start to feel the effects of it, other people need to know what to do to help him.

#50 chi-townSniper

chi-townSniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

............. MODS PLEASE CLOSE

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users