Justin T

Citrus Connection Member :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:33 PM

If you have any suggestions please feel free to post up here

Hi Techpb,

This is being posted up as a Consumer/Customer Warning. I purchased a used MacDev Clone from a paintball store in Stratford, Ontario called Tactical Operations. When i go there i checked out the clone and it looked good, was kinda dirty(had some paint on it) but was like ok easy to clean off, asked them if there was any problems with the gun and if there is any problems with the board. They said no nothing wrong. I bot the clone and left it in the case, then next day i pulled the clone out to change the mode back to semi auto and the screen died. I took it in to my local pro shop to get it looked at my a certified tech, the looked at the screen and found there is a crack on the back of the screen, and there is a battery harness when there should not be one, the battery harness is extremely poorly soldered on with bair wire exposed. I sent a email to Tactical operations telling them that i had the gun for less then 24 hours and that i had only taken it out to change the mode and the screen died, also that they did nottell me about the battery harness. Before i got the clone they were replying to emails within 1-2 hours , now all of a sudden it started taking almost 24 hours to get a reply. They started off by saying they will not replace anything for free but will give me a discount but dont know how much it will cost or how long it will take. This went on for a week.
I contacted ORaNGe and he offered to help me deal with the score, he called the store and they told him they would cover any costs for replacing the parts. I then emailed them confirming this, they said yes that they have ordered the parts but it will be atleast 2 weeks. 2 weeks went by and nothing i email them and was barely getting any replies. They said they had ordered it but do not know were it is curently and they are trying to contact macdev to find out were it is. i sent a email to macdev and they confirmed there was a shipment on its way to Tactical Operations but it was only a OLED screen. I then emailed Tactical operations asking about this, they said they only ordered a OLED screen. I asked what about the board. They then said they had not information that the board was damaged and they need to see the gun. I sent them a email with pictures of the board to show them how bad the board is. I never got a reply to this.
I told ORaNGe and he called them and they said they would take care of it and closed with saying "Please don't go telling everyone that he's getting ripped off, we'll take care of him". 5 minutes later i get a email from Tactical Operations asking that i please call them they need to go through some stuff before they continue. I called the next say, they changed there store atleast 2 times when i was talking with them, they said that the screen is covered but will not replace the board for free as it costs 100$ and they didnt even earn 100$ on the sale on the clone. but they would put 50$ toward getting the board fixed or replaced. also saying that usually there policy with any used items "Ones its out the door its out the door". They told ORaNGe that they would cover all costs to replace the parts both times he talked to them but the moment i call them they change there story again. Yesterday i email them saying enough is enough i want my money back, they can put the screen in the gun and do what ever they want with it, ive had to deal with a 600$ paper weight for over 1 month. Never got a reply since.

This has been going on for over 1 month, i have been dealing with there General Manger the entire time and nothing has been resolved. This store has done nothing but rip me off and lie to me and ORaNGe from day 1. If you are concidering dealing with this store i strongly suggest you go some where else. If you have any suggestions or comments feel free to post. I will post pictures of the board later today.

Edited by Justin T, 03 December 2011 - 02:39 PM.

#2 DrewaV

DrewaV

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:44 PM

Damn that blows..... Sue the bastards! If you can...:P

#3 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:57 PM

Thats shitty, hope it works out for you.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#4 Justin T

Justin T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:57 PM

Damn that blows..... Sue the bastards! If you can...:P

ya it does blow pretty much have a 600$ paper weight. and sue them mhm migt be ablet ofind some way, could it be argued as fraud since i did clearly ask if there was any problems with the board? :P

#5 Justin T

Justin T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:02 PM

jst got a reply from tactical operations, they agreed to refund me my money back. took over 1 month to finaly get them to resolve the problem.

#6 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:05 PM

jst got a reply from tactical operations, they agreed to refund me my money back. took over 1 month to finaly get them to resolve the problem.

Refund and you get to keep the gun? That sounds like a better deal considering your inconvenience. :tup:

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#7 Justin T

Justin T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:07 PM

Refund and you get to keep the gun? That sounds like a better deal considering your inconvenience. :tup:

lol no i get my money back they get the gun. tbh even if they offered to let me keep the gun i dont want anything to do with it any more, dont need all this stress. going to leave this toopic up until at the very least i get the mony back. wonder if i still should leave this up as a consumer warning. ill leave that up to the mods they would know best.

#8 Mark.c

Mark.c

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:23 PM

If they agreed to refund your money, and you actually get it back. I would take it down, at least be the better person. They could have totally scammed you and got away with it, but at least they tried to help you a bit.

#9 Funk21

Funk21

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

I would recommend dealing with buypbl for MacDev products. I got my marker from them new this spring and it has been awesome, best shooter I've ever owned. Call up underground productz to find a reputable dealer carrying MacDev if your looking for something closer to home. They are from the London area I believe!.
Red/Grey Clone VX & Warped Sportz Dark Ego11 Black/Purple
Guerrilla 4500/70 CI
Black Rotor

#10 DrewaV

DrewaV

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 06:58 PM

Good, now don't go back there ever again :P

#11 Justin T

Justin T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:12 PM

Your telling me. Think im going to get a luxe 1.0 or 1.5 or g6r
Good, now don't go back there ever again :P

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users