1047 replies to this topic

#851 JJohnson

JJohnson

Vintage marker Hoarder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:27 PM

You guys talking about Vintage? How did that go? I thought about going, but ended up having something else going on. Personally I think their field is a little smallish right now to host a big game (although I think they have put up quite a few more buildings in what used to be open field last time I was there).

Anyone coming to Omaha Beach at Combat this year? I know several of you guys came last year. It's August 11th and 12th, and I'm almost positive that I'll get to play this year instead of work! :lol:

Edited by JJohnson, 25 July 2012 - 06:27 PM.

Combat Paintball

The satisfaction that you get with an electro is that you won. The satisfaction you get with a pump is how you won.

#852 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

I'll try, it's $45 for entry right? I hope you'd have evil for me... :P
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#853 wicker77

wicker77

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

For their first big game Vintage did a pretty good job in my opinion. There are things that need to be tweaked obviously... The field ended up being almost a little big at times for the amount of people that were there. It played like a diamond, with the spawns at either end, so when everybody was spread out at the widest part of the field, the teams got pretty thinly spread. It seemed to me like there wasn't that much drive in the players either, just wasn't much excitement. Same from the reffs, although it's kind of understandable, since they had a whole day to ref not that many people, but they still weren't up in the action all that much when there was some. I was also very disappointed with the sportsmanship from the Russian general, (Skibba or whatever from Akkadians) he was off the field and changed by like 4 o'clock, when he still had guys out there fighting, and basically gave up on the game like half way through...

And I wish I could do DDay at Combat, I friggin love that game every year I go, but I'm going to my cousin's wedding that weekend so I can't Posted Image
HCM
Want to make it to the base first in a scenario game? Try Crossfit.

#854 JJohnson

JJohnson

Vintage marker Hoarder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

$30 pre-reg, walk on is $40 for just Sunday and $45 for Saturday night and Sunday. And yep, we'll have Evil.

For their first big game Vintage did a pretty good job in my opinion. There are things that need to be tweaked obviously... The field ended up being almost a little big at times for the amount of people that were there. It played like a diamond, with the spawns at either end, so when everybody was spread out at the widest part of the field, the teams got pretty thinly spread. It seemed to me like there wasn't that much drive in the players either, just wasn't much excitement. Same from the reffs, although it's kind of understandable, since they had a whole day to ref not that many people, but they still weren't up in the action all that much when there was some. I was also very disappointed with the sportsmanship from the Russian general, (Skibba or whatever from Akkadians) he was off the field and changed by like 4 o'clock, when he still had guys out there fighting, and basically gave up on the game like half way through...

And I wish I could do DDay at Combat, I friggin love that game every year I go, but I'm going to my cousin's wedding that weekend so I can't Posted Image

Just looking at their original promo poster I thought they were probably expecting a little too much for their first big game (like the claim "hundreds of players" :rolleyes: )
I like their field (especially the dirt mounds), but it just seems really open for a big game; I like to be somewhat sneaky, and that is kinda hard when the field is fairly small and pretty open. Were the teams pretty balanced or were there some issues? The last big game I went to (Robin Hood at MN Pro) I thought the teams were a little unbalanced. Most of the actual teams seemed to be on one side and it was evident by our spawn being overun several times throughout the day. At one point they had a terminator (with a shield) right in our spawn (which was in a pretty much open field).

Too bad about Omaha Beach, I'm pumped to be able to play it again. Hopefully bring the whole crew that we got together for the Robin Hood game out at Omaha as well.

Combat Paintball

The satisfaction that you get with an electro is that you won. The satisfaction you get with a pump is how you won.

#855 PaintballWill

PaintballWill

Team Coco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:30 PM

Omaha beach was probably the funnest game i went to all year. Ill defiantly make it for this one

#856 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:04 PM

$30 pre-reg, walk on is $40 for just Sunday and $45 for Saturday night and Sunday. And yep, we'll have Evil.

Guess I'm going to have to try and make it out there, gotta find a ride and take the day off :P

I'll probably just buy a case of evil, and shoot most of it. But paint is going to be the same price I'm assuming? So it'd be like $50(or $55) for premium?

Edited by G4paintballer, 26 July 2012 - 03:11 PM.

Feedback 10/0/0

#857 wicker77

wicker77

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

Just looking at their original promo poster I thought they were probably expecting a little too much for their first big game (like the claim "hundreds of players" :rolleyes: )
I like their field (especially the dirt mounds), but it just seems really open for a big game; I like to be somewhat sneaky, and that is kinda hard when the field is fairly small and pretty open. Were the teams pretty balanced or were there some issues? The last big game I went to (Robin Hood at MN Pro) I thought the teams were a little unbalanced. Most of the actual teams seemed to be on one side and it was evident by our spawn being overun several times throughout the day. At one point they had a terminator (with a shield) right in our spawn (which was in a pretty much open field).

Too bad about Omaha Beach, I'm pumped to be able to play it again. Hopefully bring the whole crew that we got together for the Robin Hood game out at Omaha as well.

Yeah, way too open for most of it to sneak. Although at the start of both rounds I managed to crawl through tall grass and get to great spots an gun battle a couple people at once, but that was about all of the sneaking I managed...
The teams were pretty unbalanced, almost the whole game. At the very beginning of the game the Russians had us to our spawn, and then the rest of the day mostly we had them at theirs. Part of that was whenever they got a special unit (either tank, of Seal Team 6 (also transported by truck)) we managed to kill it with a rocket before it did any good...

HCM

#858 Molybdenum

Molybdenum

Aspiring Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:02 PM

I might finally be able to make it out to splattag this Sunday. Posted Image

#859 PaintballWill

PaintballWill

Team Coco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:30 PM

pumped pretty much all day at splattag. a legit day indeed 

#860 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:48 PM

I should be getting the day for omaha beach off, and I may get another car soon :D
Feedback 10/0/0

#861 PaintballWill

PaintballWill

Team Coco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

Ill be getting either a tiburon or a focus zx3 with loan money coming up here

#862 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:01 PM

I'm looking at older GMC's and Fords. Typical gas guzzlers.

They are the only vehicles that fit my price range, too.
Feedback 10/0/0

#863 PaintballWill

PaintballWill

Team Coco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:03 PM

I have a luxury of free schooling. So the loan i would take out foe that i can use on a car... It pays to be poor. Anyway the vice is already going to be gone. Gettin an axe:) hopefully i finally h
ave a keeper

#864 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

I got my car yesterday :)

1990 GMC Sierra SLE.

Posted Image

Edited by G4paintballer, 02 August 2012 - 12:08 PM.

Feedback 10/0/0

#865 PaintballWill

PaintballWill

Team Coco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

nice tires Posted Image

#866 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

I'm hoping to put 31's on it next year :)
Feedback 10/0/0

#867 wicker77

wicker77

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

Aaaaaaaaaand I'll be playing Omaha Beach now at Combat. Need to take out my Alias and get rid of all that shitty Evil I'm trying to shoot through...
HCM

#868 PaintballWill

PaintballWill

Team Coco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:15 AM

Yea i have a case of cheap paint i can use. Registered already online so ill be there early Sunday. Unless i don't have gas...

#869 wicker77

wicker77

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

Yea i have a case of cheap paint i can use. Registered already online so ill be there early Sunday. Unless i don't have gas...

I would offer you a ride, but I'll be leaving from the cities....

HCM

#870 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:21 PM

I'll be heading out to combat on Sunday also. I'll be driving through on Sunday morning most likely since I have a wedding to go to in Alexandria on Saturday afternoon. Depending on the situation I could maybe pick you up and drop you back off on Sunday night. I have to head back to SD on Sunday night after the game. I'll have a grey fold up tent set up if anyone wants to chill next to me and my friends. We will undoubtedly go German on the first insertion. If I can get my Axe tuned back to where it was before LL you can give it a try Will. It was shooting butter smooth at 140 psi. I'll maybe have a chance to tune it on Saturday.

#871 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

I'll be there with a group of friends, we wont be hard to miss. Probably the most rowdy group of people there. And I'll have the most noticeable CCM, and if my trilogy doesn't leak, one of you guys could use it if you liked, just find a hopper that fits in the feedneck.
Feedback 10/0/0

#872 PaintballWill

PaintballWill

Team Coco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:31 PM

well thanks for the offers guys but i wont be missing it, if it comes down to it i will ask the women for some of here nannying money. never fails Posted Image and my axe should be arriving tomorrow so sunday is going to be epic. registered for germans but i think the teams are assembled that morning so it almost doesnt matter who you register for. i know the pelican brigade is sticking together and trying to be german and thats what happened last year. all i know is if i win another case of paint this year there will be no stopping me!

#873 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

If I win a case of paint I don't know what I'll do with myself. haha I'll just have to shoot more with the CCM :P
Feedback 10/0/0

#874 PaintballWill

PaintballWill

Team Coco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

Last year was paint crazy. 4 people I was with each won a case and Darren gave us another case. It was nuts

#875 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

What would you guys be wearing so I know who to meet? :P

I'll have a green wife beater on, red/black dye pants, an NXE harness with a jersey on it, and lastly, my lime green/black proflex with a fancy shmancy Contour HD.

Edited by G4paintballer, 10 August 2012 - 05:48 PM.

Feedback 10/0/0

#876 PaintballWill

PaintballWill

Team Coco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

Good ol techpb jersey and flurry vest ;)

#877 wicker77

wicker77

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

I'll be late :( will make the second half though and will have a butt ton of paint to go through. I'll be in our good 'ol tux shirt, probably the only one there too...
HCM

#878 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:13 PM

Can always join our group, but we do trash talk so if you do don't get offended :P
Feedback 10/0/0

#879 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

What would you guys be wearing so I know who to meet? :P

I'll have a green wife beater on, red/black dye pants, an NXE harness with a jersey on it, and lastly, my lime green/black proflex with a fancy shmancy Contour HD.

I'll have a TechPB jersey with Cheevo on it. Hard to miss. ;)

#880 PaintballWill

PaintballWill

Team Coco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

new set up. if i didnt buy this jersey i would totally rep the tux shirt with you guys

anyway

Posted Image

#881 *Triggahappy13*

*Triggahappy13*

THE BO$$

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:19 AM

If I wake up on time and in my own bed I will do what I can to be there
Posted Image

if you put as many ups on an ion as I foolishly did I will smack you, then bonus ball you, then steal a ref uniform and call you out for playing on and call a 1 for 1 and take out a teammate. yes, that serious

#882 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

Omaha was pretty damn fun, got footage from playing. Lets just say...it has quite a bit of language. haha
Feedback 10/0/0

#883 PaintballWill

PaintballWill

Team Coco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

yep super legit. and the axe is definitely a keeper.. i just have to look around for the photos that they were taking

#884 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:14 AM

Same, I doubt I was in any though.
Feedback 10/0/0

#885 wicker77

wicker77

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:08 AM

Definitely a good time at Combat. Minus the tank just being stupid and the guy in the turret just being a bitch Posted Image
HCM

#886 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

The tank, in my opinion, ruined the day. There was only one person as far as I knew that had a rocket launcher and it went down halfway through the day. Attacking we had one point where we broke through on the left hand side and the tank immediately rolled up and became and invincible bunker so the push was stopped. Looks like I'll have to throw in a purchase for a metadyne at some point or another as more and more tanks start appearing at scenarios. Either way it was a great day all around; minus the 6 hour drive back home afterwards ;).

#887 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

Definitely a good time at Combat. Minus the tank just being stupid and the guy in the turret just being a bitch Posted Image

We were doing good on that left side when we were americans, we cleared out that side, ran up there and got lit up by a tank :P

And the tank ruined our plans of taking back urban :(
Feedback 10/0/0

#888 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

And I definitely need a faster shooting gun :P

But anyone who was playing by me knew I was still holding it down. haha
Feedback 10/0/0

#889 PaintballWill

PaintballWill

Team Coco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

And I definitely need a faster shooting gun :P

But anyone who was playing by me knew I was still holding it down. haha

pssshhhh. please never get rid of that S6.... its so beautiful!

#890 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

Anyone stay long enough to find out the final score? I had to leave because of my long trip back.

#891 PaintballWill

PaintballWill

Team Coco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

Well wicker me and senator turned the 2 flags. But i have no idea how they work out points

#892 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:32 AM

Yeah. I don't know how it goes. But first time around the germans won and when they swapped sides the americans pushed hard once we got on the hill and won it in 20 minutes, after trying to get the hill for hours :P

But I didn't plan on selling the S6, if it was black I wouldn't care to sell it, but that lime green is nummy. lol but I am looking at a Legend, Axe, or possibly an Etek 3, maybe even an Azodin Zenith. Or I'll just mech my Ion or get an X7 phenom. I just need something faster because there was times I just couldn't keep up, and so many barrel breaks just made it even worse.
Feedback 10/0/0

#893 wicker77

wicker77

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:55 AM

I think since we took down the last German base we won... The biggest thing that ticked me off about the tank is that the guy in the turret would always flip out if he got shot, or even shot at, and insist that a ref call that player out...
HCM

#894 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:23 AM

And when we were behind that tent he yelled for all of us to be out, we were in bounds. lol

One of the refs bugged me, she wouldn't paint check anyone.
Feedback 10/0/0

#895 Drednaught X

Drednaught X

Forum Ghost

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

Kinda sad I had to miss it.

On other news, hope to see a few of you at pump day this sunday at splattag!
Splat Tag is also selling SL68 II's for $30 if any one is interested.

Also don't forget, Jungle Rumble on the 26th!

#896 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

Hmmm...I don't work sunday....
Feedback 10/0/0

#897 wicker77

wicker77

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:06 PM

May or may not pick up one of those SL's on Sunday, may try to talk my way into some old brass too, really want a PGP...
HCM

#898 obsidianjeff

obsidianjeff

hello

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

May or may not pick up one of those SL's on Sunday, may try to talk my way into some old brass too, really want a PGP...

I love my sl68II def recommend one of these though, looks like ans isn't getting more in stock so they probably stopped making them though http://www.ansgear.c...sterasablue.htm

#899 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:04 PM

Won't make it up for the Rumble this month but hopefully I'll be there next month for the Big Game. I'll have my new metadyne with as well for some helicopter and bunker kills.

#900 Molybdenum

Molybdenum

Aspiring Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

I haven't played in so long most people who know me have forgotten I play paintball. I hate being so busy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users