• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Russian Legion Fan

Russian Legion Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:18 PM

I'm am thinking about getting a Goblin Deuce and using it as a sidearm. I like the idea of a break action. So I have a few questions about modifications for it.
Please do not start hating on Deuce, I've heard enough bs from people already. Wasn't sure if this should go in here or equipment advice, so feel free to move it if necessary.

1. Can the stock goblin shoot First Strike rounds?

2. If the answer to question 1 is no then what would need to be done to it for it to be able to shoot first strike rounds?

3. Could I put freak bored barrels on it with some modification?

4. What works better with it Co2 or Hpa?

5. Lets say paint is boring at .685, would I still want to underbore or just match the paint to the barrel? If so how much would I want to underbore?

6. What is a good thigh rig holster that this could fit in?

Thanks for answering my questions.

It would be great if punkworks would do a test on range, fps, etc but I doubt it will happen.

Edited by Russian Legion Fan, 05 December 2011 - 10:20 PM.

#2 chi-townSniper

chi-townSniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:03 PM

I'm am thinking about getting a Goblin Deuce and using it as a sidearm. I like the idea of a break action. So I have a few questions about modifications for it.
Please do not start hating on Deuce, I've heard enough bs from people already. Wasn't sure if this should go in here or equipment advice, so feel free to move it if necessary.

1. Can the stock goblin shoot First Strike rounds? Yes, the sheels are a great fit for fs rounds.

2. If the answer to question 1 is no then what would need to be done to it for it to be able to shoot first strike rounds? .Its a yes.

3. Could I put freak bored barrels on it with some modification? it could, but it wouldnt be worth the hassel

4. What works better with it Co2 or Hpa?.Ive heard that with those shells, CO2 works better...why, i dont know

5. Lets say paint is boring at .685, would I still want to underbore or just match the paint to the barrel? If so how much would I want to underbore?.Someone correct me if im wrong, but i believe the bore is on the type of shell you buy. Different colors are different bores.

6. What is a good thigh rig holster that this could fit in? .The one that Goblin sells.

Thanks for answering my questions.

It would be great if punkworks would do a test on range, fps, etc but I doubt it will happen. .As for this, I dot think they would waste their time, considering barely anyone owns these.

#3 Russian Legion Fan

Russian Legion Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:19 AM

Ok, thanks man

#4 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,952 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:53 AM

Yes to clarify, the shells are the bore

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#5 chi-townSniper

chi-townSniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:24 AM

No problem, i had the idea of a bolt action marker with these, but i realized the shells are to much work.

#6 Russian Legion Fan

Russian Legion Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:55 PM

No problem, i had the idea of a bolt action marker with these, but i realized the shells are to much work.

That would have been really cool, you should email Goblin about it.

#7 chi-townSniper

chi-townSniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:41 PM

That would have been really cool, you should email Goblin about it.

It's not worth the trouble to even own it. Maybe in the future though

#8 Kanas

Kanas

684! Exit 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:07 AM

I think a while ago someone posted saying that goblin said they are working on a fulll sized marker
Posted Image
R.I.P BORG!

#9 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

Purple haze all in my brain

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 03:32 PM

4. What works better with it Co2 or Hpa?.Ive heard that with those shells, CO2 works better...why, i dont know

Co2 works better because you can get a higher pressure in the shell, particularly if you get some liquid CO2 in there.
9:25 PM [Morgan-Crp] If I had to piss, and there wasn't a toilet around, I wouldn't be like "Oh hey, a bowl of fruit loops, I'll piss in it" No. I would find a bush or something.
it seems that EVERY gun these days shoots ropes, money, tits, lasers, etc....put this in your sig if yours still shoots the other team...
A Proud Masshole! Coca-Cola :o FEP Quest Owner :o

#10 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,681 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:05 PM

If you want to use first strike rounds you don't necessarily want to underbore anyways. It breaks the first strike rounds easier if you underbore with them from what I've seen, your best bet is to match it or maybe even overbore a little bit.

You should also look into making the barrels longer... maybe mill the tip of the barrels and barrel backs so they slip into each other then use wedgets like on PPS markers. Just an Idea I had.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#11 Greener

Greener

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:48 PM

i use my tiberius to shoot FS rounds all day long and as stated before, your gunna want to have your bore either matching or a hair bigger, reason being, after i've shot about 80-100 rounds, i notice a film in the barrel ( it's the fins rubbing and leaving a little residue) so over time it will get a round stuck and thats a hassel. so a little over bored would rock for sure. and checking your barrel will help with this problem too. hope it helps.

Edited by Greener, 16 December 2011 - 04:48 PM.

It was 100 versus 4, and we killed all four of them!!!

#12 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:55 PM

You should also look into making the barrels longer... maybe mill the tip of the barrels and barrel backs so they slip into each other then use wedgets like on PPS markers. Just an Idea I had.

someone on MCB had both a deuce and a solo modded so the actual ID on the barrel was cocker threaded, and the handle was replaced with a slightly larger pirate handle, made a "pirate rifle with a 10" barrel" and a saw'ed of shotty with 2 6" barrels

honestly if the barrels on the solo or the deuce were even 4" longer they would shoot so much straighter ahah.

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#13 raetay

raetay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

Co2 works better because you can get a higher pressure in the shell, particularly if you get some liquid CO2 in there.
[/quote]

#(it definitley does work better with c02, if anyone here has ever worked at a paintball shop or seen your c02 filled, they always fill it about one quarter way and then empty it real quick to make the tank freeze, becuase c02 fills better when the tank is very cold. similar to goblin shells, people dont have the greatest understanding about how it all works so they say the shells are defective, dont work and are inconsistent. you should always lube the shells well with some plain marker oil and fill them once or twice and empty them real quick to make them nice and cold before you do the final fill)#

[quote name='SOUP' timestamp='1323551138' post='2646546']
If you want to use first strike rounds you don't necessarily want to underbore anyways. It breaks the first strike rounds easier if you underbore with them from what I've seen, your best bet is to match it or maybe even overbore a little bit.

[/quote]

#(you dont acctually need to underbore or size it at all, what you do for first strike rounds is turn the plastic shell around instead of putting the little ring side towards the c02 cannister.
normally you put the ring towards the c02, just flip it around and its now first strike round compatible.)#

[quote name='Eskimo' timestamp='1324166120' post='2657425']
[quote name='SOUP' timestamp='1323551138' post='2646546']

#(there is a fellow that goes under the name @superstanchy and he has a facebook page. he does professional modifications and he has modded deuce's to take any type of barrel thread.)#

[/quote]

someone on MCB had both a deuce and a solo modded so the actual ID on the barrel was cocker threaded, and the handle was replaced with a slightly larger pirate handle, made a "pirate rifle with a 10" barrel" and a saw'ed of shotty with 2 6" barrels

honestly if the barrels on the solo or the deuce were even 4" longer they would shoot so much straighter ahah.
[/quote]

#(i emailed the head guy and asked if there was ever going to be a barrel upgrade or butstock upgrade. they are looking into makeing a goblin brand barrel extension most definitely and stock but there is no time frame that they can commit too. but we can probably expect it in the future)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users