10 replies to this topic

#1 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

Say Chesse!! your about to get Painted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:18 PM

does anyone else think that tippmann should give the gun another try?

id buy one

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,995 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:21 PM

Na, not too many fields would probably allow them, and they're trying to provide a solution for a problem that never was.

Inb4cooky (he actually just got a C3, so we'll see his perspective pretty soon)

Edited by andrewthewookie, 19 December 2011 - 05:22 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#3 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

Say Chesse!! your about to get Painted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:22 PM

well i mean i figured it would be great for guys like me and my friends because the nearest place to fill hpa or co2 is a hour away.....and walmart is just 15-20 minutes

#4 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:37 PM

No, as anything other than a novelty item its terrible. The only way its usefull is for when you dont live near a fill station and want to play outlaw ball.

Maybe if they can work on cooling enough to make it a semi, then yea, that would be pretty good. A propane powered centre feed 98... I'd be all over that.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#5 oldnewb

oldnewb

always playing Devil's advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:51 PM

As an outlaw marker, I think the C3 had real promise. You can get propane anywhere, and one tank was good for tens of thousands of shots.

That being said, you'd have to fix some of the issues people had with them. Pump stroke was too long. Marker was a bit heavy. Internals got a bit warm (which was harmless since it didn't get "hot", but it still freaked people out). And you need to drop the price a little bit, since the only people wanting to buy them were very casual paintballers who just wanted a few to keep around their summer cabin for the occasional outlaw game inbetween beers.

Even as a semi-serious paintballer, if they came out with a next-gen C3, I'd also buy one.
Techpb Mike doesn't use Trojan Magnum extra large condoms 'cause he doesn't believe in underboring.

Techpb Mike doesn't hide behind cover. Instead, he shoots down incoming paintballs.

#6 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:59 PM

Internals got a bit warm (which was harmless since it didn't get "hot", but it still freaked people out)

Dont know if you've fired one for an extensive amount of time, but if you shoot maybe 150 times as quick as you can it gets worryingly hot, enough for it to be painfull to touch the metal, I'd say slightly less heat than if you tried to take a tray out of the oven not wearing mitts. Now obviously your not going to blast an entire pod away on a pump with no stops in a real game, but it just shows it has the potential to get really hot.

Not trying to be rude or anything just adding to the info.

#7 oldnewb

oldnewb

always playing Devil's advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:08 PM

Internals got a bit warm (which was harmless since it didn't get "hot", but it still freaked people out)

Dont know if you've fired one for an extensive amount of time, but if you shoot maybe 150 times as quick as you can it gets worryingly hot, enough for it to be painfull to touch the metal, I'd say slightly less heat than if you tried to take a tray out of the oven not wearing mitts. Now obviously your not going to blast an entire pod away on a pump with no stops in a real game, but it just shows it has the potential to get really hot.

Not trying to be rude or anything just adding to the info.

No offense taken. Hmmm... I'll take your word for it, since I never owned one. I was just going off of various magazine reviews I read when the C3 was released. Perhaps they did some sort of "tuning" to theirs? It might explain the discrepancy between your marker and theirs.

That being said, I'll still stand by my opinion that IF they managed to address the above issues, I still think they'd have a modest winner (obviously not going to outsell the 98, but maybe enough to make it worthwhile).
Techpb Mike doesn't use Trojan Magnum extra large condoms 'cause he doesn't believe in underboring.

Techpb Mike doesn't hide behind cover. Instead, he shoots down incoming paintballs.

#8 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:37 PM

IMO, Phantoms are better for outlaw ball than the C3. That's what I always used in the deserts of New Mexico,
If Tippmann were to re-release it, I'm sure a lot of people would pick them up for the novelty sake (possibly me as well), but I can't imagine them being used all that often.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#9 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:42 PM

No offense taken. Hmmm... I'll take your word for it, since I never owned one. I was just going off of various magazine reviews I read when the C3 was released. Perhaps they did some sort of "tuning" to theirs? It might explain the discrepancy between your marker and theirs.

Gotta say, I was shocked too. Obviously its still new to me since I've only had it about a week, still learning about it but I'm not so sure if all C3's fire flames down the barrel and are meant to have smoke rise out the feedneck...

:P

#10 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

I`ve had my C3 since they were 1st introduced. I`ve used it so much and spanked the pumpslide so much that the electronics finally quit, and I`m buying a new circuit. I`ve never had mine let me down or get warmer than touching my own forehead. Its never shot flames or smoke or steaming hot paintballs that hit you like lava. I have heard guys used MAP GAS (yellow) cylinders instead of Propane (which is all the C3 is designed for!) Any field I`ve been to had no problem with them. The are not a FIRARM, and function under such strict parameters that you cant hotrod it or make it a flamethrowing pump action hand grenade ready to explode and take out everyone in an 18m radius. I`ve read thisa stuff on forums for ten years and now I`m in rant mode. I have been in the military for 16 years, Armoured Corp, Many weapons training under my belt including demolitions, Im a gun and explosives freak at heart and have great experience with combustable gases. You wanna say La Tee Da, nows your chance. But I`ve tested my C3 extremely, purposely giving it leaks and firing it rigerously and even placed the muzzle against my tongue (without paintballs) and fired it to prove to another that it is not gonna burn a hole through and catch my shirt on fire. I`ve waited for a PB gun like this to show up forever so I could get away from expensive HPA/CO2 tank fills and Hydrostatic tank testing bills. Tippmann makes that Semi? I`m in! And accuracy? I`ve sniped out so many Laze n Blaze 20bps Pnewmatic owners it aint even funny anymore. And now I await any retorts.
"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful"

#11 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

stop bringing up dead threads already, and here is a retort for you, use spell checker.

Edited by Demon, 24 January 2013 - 06:24 PM.

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users