walk on pro

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:52 PM

Dont bash on others opions ok Posted ImagePosted Image

Horizontal Stock Class CCI Phantom

2011 Proto Rail, Draxxus 68/45 with Ninja Pro Reg, Halo Too with Exalt Speedfeed, CP .685 14 inch 2 Piece Barrel.

#2 XxLOPERSxX

XxLOPERSxX

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:55 PM

Dont bash on others opions ok Posted ImagePosted Image

I say the GoG G1. Great woodsball marker for a great price, and its nice to see a company come back to life offering good prices :)
My Setup- Spyder MR5 with an Invert Halo TOO and a Ninja 49/4500

#3 meatloaf

meatloaf

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:57 PM

My dust olive and dust black G6R.

#4 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

Tiberius Arms T9.1.

#5 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:04 PM

Ego 11, Victory or G6R.

#6 Kanas

Kanas

684! Exit 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:05 PM

For looks, rap4 t68 =) and with dmags soon it will be awesome!
Posted Image
R.I.P BORG!

#7 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:10 PM

You can look at it all you want on way your back to the staging area after getting hit by a wall of paint from my Victory =)

#8 meatloaf

meatloaf

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:40 PM

Just for a visual

Attached Files

• Attached File  G6R.jpg   56.27KB   108 downloads

Edited by meatloaf, 19 December 2011 - 08:42 PM.

#9 proto ftw

proto ftw

Wipe Your Arse NOT Your Hits!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:46 PM

T9.1

wait t4

Edited by proto ftw, 19 December 2011 - 08:47 PM.

Posted Image

#10 p8ntballin007

p8ntballin007

WRECKER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:26 AM

By saying best woodsball gun you need to clearly define what you mean. Do you mean best non speed ball gun or best gun for playing in the woods? Ones exclusive the other is inclusive.

Exclusively woods ball, as in non speed ball- I would say yes GoG G1 I'm biased as I still use an SP-1. I do also like the looks of that limited edition TM-15 with the Apex 2 on it.

Inclusive woods ball, any gun used in the woods- Could be any high end. VIctory, G6-R, NT, Geo, Ego... It could be anything and at that point its all personal preference.

#11 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:15 AM

The LE TM-15, with it's cut down body and Apex 2, is a great marker. I think, for Mil-Sim, the TM-15 is great in general.
Posted Image

#12 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,646 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:27 AM

Ego 11, Victory or G6R.

:rolleyes:

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#13 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,953 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:43 AM

Just for a visual

shit i completely forgot about that. I remember when you got it.

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#14 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:34 AM

my phantom

#15 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:27 PM

Crosman Wrist Rocket! (My preferred woodsballin' backup!)

but in all seriousness, I gotta hand it to the TM-15, especially the LE, it's a pretty complete package, and its kinda like a barbie for paintball players with all the rails and spots for accesories :D

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#16 THETUNK

THETUNK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:27 PM

pretty much anything that needs to be pumped before each shot
My Feedback +3
if you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost.
R.I.P BORG

#17 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:55 PM

still the Smart Parts SP-1 Blackheart aka GoG G1 Blackheart

I've shot everything from an MTAC to a 9.1, nothing holds the line like the G1 Blackheart

#18 UV Halo

UV Halo

Bringing the Big Guns to LLVI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:43 AM

I've shot everything from an MTAC to a 9.1, nothing holds the line like the G1 Blackheart

I respectfully beg to differ. You can ask Bryce how a few shots of mine pushed back 'the line' at LL3. :P Honestly though, I wouldn't want to even try to hold back a crowd. 8-shots of FS, and maybe a hopper at 8BPS, doesn't = 'staying power'.

However, I think the 9.1 is a serious contender for Woodsball Gun of The year, simply due to how the First Strike is influencing the game.

#19 J_DUB

J_DUB

Balls to the Walls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:54 PM

Tippmann x7 phenom w/ assault kit good on air and a great woodsball marker
Posted Image

#20 NPpballer

NPpballer

I'm Rick James, BITCH!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:58 PM

Just for a visual

God damn't.... everytime I think I'm going to get some bright colored gun I always see a beauty like this......... Damn you...

My vote goes to any high end spool. DM11 would take the cake.

#21 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:09 AM

I respectfully beg to differ. You can ask Bryce how a few shots of mine pushed back 'the line' at LL3. :P Honestly though, I wouldn't want to even try to hold back a crowd. 8-shots of FS, and maybe a hopper at 8BPS, doesn't = 'staying power'.

However, I think the 9.1 is a serious contender for Woodsball Gun of The year, simply due to how the First Strike is influencing the game.

The biggest problem with the 9.1 is capacity. I was one of the FIRST PEOPLE to test the First Strike round at LL2, I also used the T4 at LL3. While you do have the ability to reach people at 400+ feet, the shot has to be right in order to make it happen. You only get 8 shots per magazine, and that's if you don't get a jam (which does happen quite frequently with FS rounds)

The 9.1 is certainly a capable "utility tool", but with added range comes added hassle. These guns do jam, they do misfeed, and they do sometimes break first strike rounds in the barrel.

I think we could both agree that if someone with a 9.1 and 6 magazines, was facing someone with a G1 and 6 pods, the person shooting the G1 will win most of the time.

Also, First Strikes aren't available at every woodsball game and scenario game. Tiberius Arms didn't even have a booth at LL4, if you brought a FS capable marker and didn't happen to follow Eric back to his car to get ammo, it stayed in your gearbag.

The 9.1 is a useful tool, but I wouldn't give it the crown. And from my own personal experience, if I'm facing dozens upon dozens of players, I'd take the 50cal Nano over an 8 shot FS marker anyday.

50 Cal is now my new weapon of choice for big games, Nano + Kingman Rapid Loader = brutal suppression

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC-sDszq2hM

^^^ How many people did you see turn that corner in the 3 minutes I was holding that corner down? You can't do that with a FS gun

#22 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:26 AM

First after Mike!

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#23 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:05 AM

Mike,

That .50 cal made me drool!! That was awesome!

My only concern is how easy is it to get .50 cal ammo at places like CPX or other big scenario areas?

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#24 Calculon

Calculon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:44 AM

I'm with Mike on that one. I have never used a Tiberius product but I've owned quite a few woodsball guns, like the X-7, X-7 Phenom, TM-7 and M-Tac even and the king is still the SP-1/G-1. The M-Tac was an awesome gun but it was very heavy, expensive, and quite frankly a bit finicky.

Of course the best guns out there are speedball guns, therefore I also agree that the 'best woodsball' gun overall is a good speedball gun. I play 0 speedball and I only play in the woods, and my main gun is a purple Ego 11. So in that regard, yeah there are guns out there that are superior in many ways to the G-1. But to be fair, if we can agree to go by what is usually meant by 'woodsball gun' which by definition is restricted to what Tippmann, BT, Tiberius, etc. make, then yeah the G-1 is still numero uno in my book.

I've had mine for 4 years now (bought one of the very first ones that came out). The only issues I've had with it were caused by aftermarket parts. And then again, they were very easy to fix. I only had to change a few o-rings over the years and courtesy of O-Ring Monkey that's a real breeze. The gun can shoot the most brittle of paints, even the kind Eteks and Minis could borderline handle. OTOH the Phenom is very picky on paint, and the TMs are not too far behind in that regard. Also, the G-1 is always consistent and accurate. Maintenance is super easy. And it has a true full-auto function (without those annoying 'safety shots'), something both the Phenom and TMs lack. The G-1 trigger is far, far superior to the Phenom and TMs triggers, no contest. Lastly, while it may be fun to play with a huge 'assault rifle', these guns are unwieldy and that may impede a player's skills. The G-1 (along with the TM-7 to be fair) is the most 'nimble' of the bunch.

The only downside really of the G-1 is the lack of easy customizability, like the Phenom has. And it looks rather plain up on a wall in a proshop next to 'sexy' guns like the TM-7 or TM-15. But to me that's about it.

#25 oldnewb

oldnewb

always playing Devil's advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:06 PM

Y'know, I like my fully upped IonXE for woodsball... alot. It's quiet, it's accurate (as much as any marker is, anyway), and relatively light. What it ISN'T is air efficient (although better than stock... I've got a QEV and TechTL7.2 bolt in there, as well as a Freak kit), and it still has a centre feedneck (fine for laying a rope of paint, but first / single shot accuracy? I'll take a offset feed system any day). The SP1 is pretty much the same marker internally, and the G1 is also similar, although I'm happy it has an offset feedneck option. I'm also not a fan of spoolies in cold weather.

I've also got a TM7, which I like, but I run it with a back bottle setup now... hard to aim down the top with the sliding stock on. Again, not a big deal when laying suppressive fire, but single shots? I like aiming down the top of my marker. Love the selector switch for fire modes though... being able to crank it to full auto, with a flip of your thumb, without even taking your marker off target, has saved my butt more than a few times. Don't like how I have to open up the clamshell to get at the bolt though.

Fusion FX is air efficient, light, reliable, but loud. It's currently my winter go-to marker, but I wouldn't say it's my favourite for woodsball.

Used to have an SP8. That thing was so huge and unwieldy, I really couldn't get behind it very well. Quietest marker I ever owned though. So many times I was able to simply pick off opponents who were busy engaging my Tippman equipped teammates. So few people shot back at me, it felt unfair. Oh, and it also took forever to take apart and maintain.

I'm wanting to try out the T9.1 and the Phenom. Who knows... they seem like pretty nice markers. Reliable, regulated, and robust.

Just picked up a TiPX. Can't wait to start pistol play... so far very impressed, but I'm thinking it will probably work best with thicker shelled paint. May ultimately end up as a backup when I play pump.

So far no one has mentioned pumps. I actually like using my old offset feedneck Sniper (see avatar). That being said, i need to stick close by my semi and electro teammates... hard to hold the line by yourself with a pump.

Mike, if you didn't live in Florida, I'd say you'd change your mind about the SP1 / G1. In the winter, you have to crank your dwell up considerably in order to get that marker to work reliably, which kills your efficiency. I don't know what size tank you use, but I've seen the way you shoot... you'd be running out of air constantly.

I like what you said about .50cal. One thing I would add is that I sometimes wonder why someone hasn't made a .50cal pistol yet. More ammo per mag, more shots per 12g, less "kick", smaller dimensions would mean potentially smaller and more realistic pistols (not every person wants a Desert Eagle), and the reduced range shouldn't matter so much, as pistols are best up close and personal anyway.

You also mention that you'd back a G1 player over a T9.1 player in a one on one. That shouldn't happen in woodsball. One of the nice things about woodsball is that it works better when you have a number of people with different styles of play that complement each other. A good woodsball team would include a good suppressive player like yourself, TEAMED up with a longer range, more methodical threat like UV Halo. You guys are arguing about different ends of the spectrum as if one was superior to the other, when in fact they are best when working together.

Ultimately, I'd say that the "Ultimate" Woodsball marker has yet to be invented. I'd like something super quiet, very air efficient, light, maneuverable, quick and easy to maintain, multiple feed options (center and offset, possibly mag fed and FS rounds options), ability to mount red dot, and perhaps offered in black, OD green, and tan (ability to mod it so that it's authentic "milsim" would be a bonus.). So far, you can get a marker that hits a few of those criteria, but not all of them. I'm also fairly sure it's not possible to do ALL things well, so each player just has to find the marker that best suits their own personal style of play.

Edited by oldnewb, 30 December 2011 - 12:17 PM.

Techpb Mike doesn't use Trojan Magnum extra large condoms 'cause he doesn't believe in underboring.

Techpb Mike doesn't hide behind cover. Instead, he shoots down incoming paintballs.

#26 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:07 PM

Id like to nominate the newly updated Tippmann A5. Its is a great woods gun it is SIMPLE can be beat to snot and just works. Add in the flatline and a RT trigger and you have a gun that can shoot FAR has a very respectable rate of fire (depending on tuning) and is not gona have ANY issues with mud dirt or rain.
I am the odd man out as i been playing paint ball since the 90s. But i have never been a fan of electro's in fact i have never even owned one. I have shot a few BUT i have always had a preference to the Mech markers for my own use (specifically i have owned 5 different all Mech AGD Automags along with a slew of pumps and a few Tippmanns). And before i get flamed too bad i am FULLY aware of the superiority in nearly every way of a modern electric and that rain dirt and mud are just fine with many of the newer guns.

But to me I find mech guns to be more entertaining if ya will. Shooting my buddies Electros was alot of fun and higher rates of fire were much easier to attain then even my best tuned mags of the day but he was always upgrading to the latest and greatest were as i tended to just keep my guns going and just play. I am VERY comfy using my old guns and have grown accustom to them over the years.

Oh and further more i use mech guns for speedball as well. For years i would start a day of speedball shooting my ULE mag i had at the time then mid day to conserve paint switch to my LONG time Tippmann Pro/Carbine. And sadly many times id do better using my Carbine as i just felt more accustomed to it as its been with me almost from the start. That being said i hate shooting the a5 on the speedball field its just too damn big and bulky. Now a days i follow a similar trend i start by shooting the Classic Mag then switch to the Trracer to conserve paint. Only difference is i usually do better with the mag LOL.

Edited by TinyBear, 01 January 2012 - 09:10 PM.

AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#27 paintballkid2

paintballkid2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:16 PM

TechPB-Mike

50 Cal is now my new weapon of choice for big games, Nano + Kingman Rapid Loader = brutal suppression

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC-sDszq2hM

^^^ How many people did you see turn that corner in the 3 minutes I was holding that corner down? You can't do that with a FS gun

That is some crazy stuff mike!

Edited by paintballkid2, 02 January 2012 - 12:31 PM.

You can look at it all you want on way your back to the staging area after getting hit by a wall of paint from my Victory =)

#28 proto ftw

proto ftw

Wipe Your Arse NOT Your Hits!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:22 AM

ahhh you want to hold back the line shall i suggest http://www.guncity.c...xidp229344.html

mike you should get someone to build you 1 of these for living legends
Posted Image

#29 Jaccen

Jaccen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:42 PM

I'm still thinking it's an upgraded Tac One:

http://www.airgundes...om/tacone.shtml

But I'm an old fart ;)

#30 Cooprocks12

Cooprocks12

Bitch I AM fabulous!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

A-5 with flatline and E-grip IMO.
TRIX ARE FOR DIX

#31 walk on pro

walk on pro

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:39 PM

bump

2011 Proto Rail, Draxxus 68/45 with Ninja Pro Reg, Halo Too with Exalt Speedfeed, CP .685 14 inch 2 Piece Barrel.

#32 IPWNU

IPWNU

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:07 AM

GoG G1 most definitely. Great, smooth shooting marker :D
Posted Image

R.I.P. Danijel 'BORG' Jagodic

#33 Austin_

Austin_

Agg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

Invert Mini or Ego 11.
An expert at something was once a begineer.
XBL: Slapped In 3D

Feedback+2/0

#34 SWAT3050

SWAT3050

TechPB MilSim Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

FN303

"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon." -Napoleon-
Kickin Ass And Takin Names The American Way
"Whatever you are, be a good one." -Abraham Lincoln
Posted Image

#35 RealtorTommy

RealtorTommy

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,361 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

FN303 If it was offered to the general public I would agree....

I love my Drone DX... ;Does everything I need in the woods and dirt....no problems

Edited by RealtorTommy, 01 February 2012 - 06:05 PM.

#36 macloacas

macloacas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:04 PM

I gave my self a M-tac for Christmas, and is the heaviest gun i have ever played, but it's so much fun to play with, that It' beats my Phenom and Axe.
Maybe it's just the novelty but i love the feel of it when i play woods.

#37 walk on pro

walk on pro

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

all i have is a 98 so i cant say shit

#38 US_Army_Guy

US_Army_Guy

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

TM7 with rip clip

#39 Kermit

Kermit

TechPB, sad to see the end of an era. R.I.P.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:07 AM

Right Feed phantom for me. I LOVE right feed guns for woodsball. It's usually slower paced so I can take my time to line up a shot which I can do better with a right feed gun.

It also has auto trigger and the pump stroke is buttery smooth if you set them up correctly.

#40 meatloaf

meatloaf

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:43 PM

Just for a visual

shit i completely forgot about that. I remember when you got it.

I will never get rid of this marker!

#41 Amirel-pt

Amirel-pt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:55 AM

My vote is the angel AR:K. It's a speedball gun in a woodsball package. RIP ANGEL!!! Can't beat a marker that can do 25 bps without blinking and get over a case of paint with a 68/45

#42 oldnewb

oldnewb

always playing Devil's advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

My vote is the angel AR:K. It's a speedball gun in a woodsball package. RIP ANGEL!!! Can't beat a marker that can do 25 bps without blinking and get over a case of paint with a 68/45

Not to bash, but what makes this marker a "woodsball" gun in particular? The fact that it has (uselessly placed) rails? The ability to attach a buttstock?

Not saying it's a bad marker (quite the opposite, in fact), but they didn't do anything to make it better for woodsball. A few rails and a buttstock isn't going to make it milsim. None of the accessories improve performance OR looks. Had they at least incorporated an external selector switch for changing fire modes on the fly (much like a real tactical firearm), given it some sort of camo treatment, included an Apex barrel, or made it FS compatible, then I would consider it a "woodsball specific" marker, since any of those modifications would improve it's performance (or at least it's versatility) in recreational paintball.
Techpb Mike doesn't use Trojan Magnum extra large condoms 'cause he doesn't believe in underboring.

Techpb Mike doesn't hide behind cover. Instead, he shoots down incoming paintballs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users