• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 TrueRizing

TrueRizing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:38 PM

So i am getting ready to sell my 2011 azodin blitz due to it being a piece of junk and me becoming a woodsball player. What is a good woodsball gun that you recommend i get? Around 150 - 200 range and good upgrades for them.

Edited by TrueRizing, 20 December 2011 - 12:33 PM.

#2 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:52 PM

Used Gog G1 if you want a tactical look, otherwise an extcy.

You really should be more descriptive. What kind of upgrades, what does a woodsball gun mean to you?

The two above dont really need upgrades. They should come with everything you need and more, and you will have an edge over most people with tippies on the field.

Edited by Danny D, 19 December 2011 - 09:54 PM.

#3 Red Infinity

Red Infinity

sugar berzerk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:56 PM

Gog is the best way to go for woods
RAWR?

#4 AlexThePaintballer

AlexThePaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:06 PM

A gog or a ego is the best way to go on my option

#5 AmateurBaller

AmateurBaller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:21 PM

An Ego isn't really a woodsball gun. Sure it will more than do the job for woodsball play but it depends what kind of gun you want. Do you want Milsim? Or any type of gun?

#6 Dust

Dust

Newbie On the Block

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:26 PM

In my own opinion, I think you shouldn't even sell the blitz. Probably won't get that much for it and it would be a good back up gun if anything went wrong with your main.

#7 TrueRizing

TrueRizing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:34 PM

I have been looking at the Tippman A5 due to all the upgrades you can get for tippmans. I really like the x7 aswell its just out of my price range.

#8 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,636 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:38 PM

I have been looking at the Tippman A5 due to all the upgrades you can get for tippmans. I really like the x7 aswell its just out of my price range.

Both of those are awful, the Phenom is worse than the G1 in just about ever way, and the A5 is total dogshit compared to any paintball gun you can buy, the RAP4 T68 is the only gun I can think of thats worse than it.

The G1 is the best milsim gun unless you have $1000 for the Bob Long MTAC.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#9 SWAGpaintball

SWAGpaintball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:32 PM

GoG G1 is a great gun for the price and it is FREAKIN BEAST!
TexasSWAG(Stolen Withouy A Gun)paintball
Youtube Channel
http://www.youtube.c...asSWAGpaintball
Home Field
http://www.paintballfunontherun.com/

#10 oldnewb

oldnewb

always playing Devil's advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

While the G1 is a really nice marker, it's not a "milsim" marker (tactical rails do not make it "milsim) as it does not actually "simulate" any real world gun.

Tippman A5's are actually quite nice, but in a different way than how speedball markers are judged. They are solid markers, handle a huge amount of abuse and even some neglect, have more upgrades (cosmetic and some performance) available than any 10 other markers combined, and have been around awhile, so they're a proven design.

What A5's are not, is just about everything that a speedballer looks for in a marker (which is why they get so much hate here on Techpb). They're not light, they're not "smooth" shooting, they're not "fast" (ie can fire 30+bps reliably), not easy on paint (cannot handle thin shelled tourny paint... only thicker shelled woodsball paint), they're not quiet (possibly the loudest damn marker in existence), and they're not small in profile (you'll get hit in the cyclone on occasion).

If none of those things matter to you, they're awesome markers to own. You can dress them up any way you like, they really make you feel badass (try carrying around one done up like a Barett .50cal sniper rifle, and you'll feel like a bad MOFO), and they'll keep firing with a minimum of maintenance. A5's are more for shiggles than anything else... when having fun is more important that "performance".

The G1, on the other hand, is basically a speedball marker with a bunch of useless rails mounted all over it. Will "outperform" an A5 any day of the week, by speedballer standards, but they're not really in the same catagory as milsim markers like the Tippys.
Techpb Mike doesn't use Trojan Magnum extra large condoms 'cause he doesn't believe in underboring.

Techpb Mike doesn't hide behind cover. Instead, he shoots down incoming paintballs.

#11 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:30 PM

I would check out the BT TM7 or TM15 if you're looking for a mil-sim "tacticool" marker.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Another good one to look at if you don't mind using a mech would be the Tiberius T9 Ranger. What's cool about this one is it can be a pistol or a rifle, and can be hopper fed or mag fed. And if it's a T9.1, you can also use First Strike rounds.
Posted Image

A gog or a ego is the best way to go on my option

That's a huge gap of a lot of really good markers you forgot.

Edited by Antonious, 20 December 2011 - 05:34 PM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#12 Void

Void

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:57 PM

I have a blitz and I think it is crap too. I would say anything tm7 tm 15 or the x7 phenom.

#13 Rollieelmo

Rollieelmo

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:18 PM

A used SP1 would be better than the G1 in my opinion.
Rockin' Cocks Revolution
MCB Feedback - Techpb feedback - PBN Feedback

#14 oldnewb

oldnewb

always playing Devil's advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:23 PM

I have a blitz and I think it is crap too. I would say anything tm7 tm 15 or the x7 phenom.

How is the Blitz "crap"? Just curious.

I've owned a few Spyders and Spyder clones, and while they aren't Egos, they're actually not bad markers. That being said, I'd like to see WHY you and the OP think the Azodin is "crap".
Techpb Mike doesn't use Trojan Magnum extra large condoms 'cause he doesn't believe in underboring.

Techpb Mike doesn't hide behind cover. Instead, he shoots down incoming paintballs.

#15 SWAGpaintball

SWAGpaintball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:49 PM

Aren't they the same guns but made by a diffrent company?
Youtube Channel
Home Field

#16 Rollieelmo

Rollieelmo

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:11 PM

Yes, and SP1s are cheaper. The same gun at a lower price.
Rockin' Cocks Revolution

#17 SWAGpaintball

SWAGpaintball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:05 PM

I can't find an sp1 or a sp1 black heart anywhere on the internet, can you link me to a site?

Youtube Channel
Home Field

#18 lourens00000

lourens00000

The STIG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:08 AM

I have an phenom
it is puss shit
i hate it
AXE,ETEK3,TM15,RAIL+Rotor+Z2+Crossfire68/4500+Events

Posted Image

#19 SNAKESNIPER

SNAKESNIPER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:59 AM

While the G1 is a really nice marker, it's not a "milsim" marker (tactical rails do not make it "milsim) as it does not actually "simulate" any real world gun.

Tippman A5's are actually quite nice, but in a different way than how speedball markers are judged. They are solid markers, handle a huge amount of abuse and even some neglect, have more upgrades (cosmetic and some performance) available than any 10 other markers combined, and have been around awhile, so they're a proven design.

What A5's are not, is just about everything that a speedballer looks for in a marker (which is why they get so much hate here on Techpb). They're not light, they're not "smooth" shooting, they're not "fast" (ie can fire 30+bps reliably), not easy on paint (cannot handle thin shelled tourny paint... only thicker shelled woodsball paint), they're not quiet (possibly the loudest damn marker in existence), and they're not small in profile (you'll get hit in the cyclone on occasion).

If none of those things matter to you, they're awesome markers to own. You can dress them up any way you like, they really make you feel badass (try carrying around one done up like a Barett .50cal sniper rifle, and you'll feel like a bad MOFO), and they'll keep firing with a minimum of maintenance. A5's are more for shiggles than anything else... when having fun is more important that "performance".

The G1, on the other hand, is basically a speedball marker with a bunch of useless rails mounted all over it. Will "outperform" an A5 any day of the week, by speedballer standards, but they're not really in the same catagory as milsim markers like the Tippys.

Wow, I can almost smell the speedball haterade oozing out of this post.

I've shot a buddy's A5, and your synopsis of it is pretty much correct. Heavy as hell, very slow ROF, shoots like crap, can't handle all types of paint, loud as hell. The only redeeming feature is that "you can make it look like a real rifle"!!! Then a month or two later after the novelty of how "real" it looks wears off, what are you left with? A really crappy, loud as hell gun that gets out-shot by pretty much everything else on the field (except for the aforementioned Rap4 pieces of garbage).

IMO, get a speedball marker and use it for woodsball. Having a gun that has "the look" is satisfying until you're getting shot out early every game. The GOG G1 would be a good middle-of-the-road between these two extremes. Do hardcore MilSim players really not care about having a high ROF and a quiet gun? Seems like those two attributes would be a great asset in woodsball: Power & Stealth.

Edited by SNAKESNIPER, 23 December 2011 - 09:01 AM.

#20 Rollieelmo

Rollieelmo

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:32 AM

I can't find an sp1 or a sp1 black heart anywhere on the internet, can you link me to a site?

Did you only want new? Last I checked, there were some on punisherspaintball.com
Rockin' Cocks Revolution

#21 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:33 AM

Seriously guys?

If he wants a milsim gun he obviously doesn't care if it shoots like a damn DM.

Honestly, I'd use a 98 over a G1. Even though the SP1 is one of my favorite markers.

He probably plays for fun, and doesn't play to win. Playing to win really kills the fun for me.

AND IT"S THE PLAYER NOT THE MARKER.
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#22 SNAKESNIPER

SNAKESNIPER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:45 AM

Honestly, I'd use a 98 over a G1.

Srsly? Then why not sell your gun and just rent everytime you go play?

AND IT"S THE PLAYER NOT THE MARKER.

I agree completely, but even the best player in the world will get serverely handicapped using the worst tools for the job.

#23 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:59 AM

Because I use low pressure air and usually play pump :D
Feedback 10/0/0

#24 SNAKESNIPER

SNAKESNIPER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:15 AM

I'm not knocking pump at all, I've played pump guys at my local recball field and been shot out by them, and I shoot an Axe.

Pump requires a lot more strategy (ie: picking your shots carefully) & I respect it. I'm even thinking of getting a pump gun for the fun of it.

#25 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:24 AM

And you said a bad marker would handicap the player severely? That's wrong, look at pump players, their markers aren't bad, but they handicap themselves and I see them doing more than people with electric markers.

It's all about the player, not about the marker.
Feedback 10/0/0

#26 SNAKESNIPER

SNAKESNIPER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:28 AM

I've shot a Tippy 98, like we all did when we first started out renting. The accuracy on that gun is horrible, paint flies around everywhere. That's a pretty big handicap, even for the most seasoned player.

At least a good pump gun is accurate.

Edited by SNAKESNIPER, 23 December 2011 - 10:28 AM.

#27 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:30 AM

Lolwut?

It's all about paint, cleanliness of the barrel and marker, and the barrel plays a little bit of a factor.

My Spyder shot balls just as straight as my Phantom which had a "better" barrel.
Feedback 10/0/0

#28 SNAKESNIPER

SNAKESNIPER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:48 AM

I'm speaking from my own experience, Tippman 98's are shit. If you've had better experiences with them, good for you.

Like I said: if you love the 98 so much, sell your gun and just rent. You'll have a lot more money for paint!

Edited by SNAKESNIPER, 23 December 2011 - 10:48 AM.

#29 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,636 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:01 AM

I've shot a Tippy 98, like we all did when we first started out renting. The accuracy on that gun is horrible, paint flies around everywhere. That's a pretty big handicap, even for the most seasoned player.

Sig.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#30 JJohnson

JJohnson

Vintage marker Hoarder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:09 AM

As long as you take care of it and make sure the barrel stays clean, a 98 will work just fine. The last few times I've played I've used my mag fed project Salvon (98 internals) and that's been plenty accurate.

Combat Paintball

The satisfaction that you get with an electro is that you won. The satisfaction you get with a pump is how you won.

#31 SWAGpaintball

SWAGpaintball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:23 PM

Did you only want new? Last I checked, there were some on punisherspaintball.com

Thanks there are on the site
Youtube Channel
Home Field

#32 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

They also have a couple new on Amazon from Compulsive: http://www.amazon.co...24676349&sr=8-1

That's why they sucked for you.
Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.
Cheap paint and lack of proper maintenance are what would lead to the inaccuracy of the gun, not the design itself.

Edited by Antonious, 23 December 2011 - 04:40 PM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#33 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:31 PM

Well said Antonious
Feedback 10/0/0

#34 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:47 PM

Back when I had my A5, it shot just as straight as my Shocker and Vibe Blackheart. Yes, Tippy's are inefficient and bulky, but if you get free air and have arms bigger than a pencil, that's not a problem.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#35 sicmyde

sicmyde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:19 AM

As Mike Once Said "You Sacrifice Alot Buying A Tippmann" Or "I Hope Your Buying One For The Flatline Barrel"

If Someone I Was Trying To Learn From Told Me That Id Write It Off And Thats Why My 1st Owned Marker Is A V2 Infinity Legend And I Dont Really Plan To Play Anything Other Than Woodsball.

Getting Started

Once Again

#36 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:01 AM

As Mike Once Said "You Sacrifice Alot Buying A Tippmann" Or "I Hope Your Buying One For The Flatline Barrel"

If Someone I Was Trying To Learn From Told Me That Id Write It Off And Thats Why My 1st Owned Marker Is A V2 Infinity Legend And I Dont Really Plan To Play Anything Other Than Woodsball.

If you notice, OP's looking for mil-sim. Infinity Legends and any other speedball-esque marker are not that.

Edited by Antonious, 24 December 2011 - 01:05 AM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#37 CdTriX

CdTriX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:36 AM

I would not recommend a gun that has any exposed moving parts (egos or anything with a bolt pin) simply because dirt and sand could get into the bolt and scratch the hell out of the inside or if dirt gets in there some how.

With a spool valve or inline poppet, you wont have any issues if you drop it in mud, sand, water, etc etc as long as it didnt get into your hopper. and fed into the breech.

Also take note that not all current markers can handle co2 so if you're looking into a speedball marker type of deal, look into the ones that can handle co2 because co2 is sometimes more easily accessible compared to HPA.

I would recommend the G1/SP1. They are very reliable, lighter than a tippy, and shoots buttery smooth. A lot of people like to shoot tippy or any type of blowback marker because it kicks and makes loud noises. The advantage with using a spool like the G1/SP1 is that it's quiet and shoots very smoothly. This allows you to take a few shots before you're noticed vs a tippy where it would give your position away. Sure the spool valve type markers don't kick and isn't as realistic as real guns but that's a purely personal preference. If you want loud and kicky rambo style marker, tippys are the way to go, if you want to be effective on the battle field with a lot of features that cost hundreds more on a tippmann, look into an SP1.

But if you like tippmanns so much, then by all means go a head, We're here to give you information and options, it's inevitably your decision on what you want to do.

#38 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

Computer fudged up and accidentally forced a necro.
Sorry guys!

Edited by Antonious, 08 April 2012 - 12:10 AM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#39 NPpballer

NPpballer

I'm Rick James, BITCH!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:45 AM

So you want a gun you can throw a bunch of cosmetic upgrades on? How about browsing B/S/T for something you think looks cool. Everybody's got modded out Tippy's, just make them an offer and be on your way.

#40 V8Special

V8Special

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

I'm speaking from my own experience, Tippman 98's are shit. If you've had better experiences with them, good for you.

Like I said: if you love the 98 so much, sell your gun and just rent. You'll have a lot more money for paint!

You probably used a 98 that wasn't well kept, I'm getting an axe but not because my 98 doesn't shoot perfect, I just want faster lighter gun, but if you truly beleive that a 98 can't shoot well your only decivion yourself. I play against people who are shooting way better guns but my 98 shoots on target all day, it's stock but I have people asking me all day if I put a e trigger on it because of how fast I can shoot it. Put probably four cases through it not one break, and I mean zero. I clean it after every day of play.

#41 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

Guys.
This was an accidental necro on my part.
There's no need to further the discussion.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#42 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,069 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

Necroed for this awesome quote by Antonious.

Edited by kingJurzy, 25 February 2013 - 02:00 AM.

#43 DoomCookie

DoomCookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

Have you look at the Spyder MR5 from ansgear? Looking pretty tempting I'm thinking about getting one myself.

#44 pb28188

pb28188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

Why don't you keep your blitz for a little longer save up money and then upgrade when you have enough money to buy a good solid used gun.... Such as a used axe or etha

Edited by pb28188, 26 February 2013 - 03:43 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users