923 replies to this topic

#1 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:20 AM

Well, I noticed a while ago that there are many musicians on the forum. I figured that this would be a good club!
This club will be to discuss: your instruments,equipment, upcoming shows/gigs, composing(if any do), songs that you are learning, and your band if you have one, but this does not mean that you can not go off topic, you may if you wish. Have Fun!

how to join the club-fill this out in this format:
instrument(s):
type of band:
favorite song to play:
genre(s) of music you play:

if all you do you sing just put vocals as your instrument

I can update your info any time you want just post in hear with what modifications you want or pm me and I will change it

Club positions:
positions will be determined by me based on your activity in the club (they are basically for fun, except my position<br>President- Turkey357 Vice president- ____________ Elite musician #1- _____________
Elite Musician #2-______________
Elite Musician #3-______________

Members:

#1-Turkey357
instrument(s) you play: Ibanez Gio bass guitar, Ibanez sr500 bass guitar, fender strat.
type of band: school concert band
favorite song to play: believe by the bravery
genre(s) of music you play:most excluding jazz

#2-Klub<br>instrument(s): epi less paul se 2 and can get around on the piano type of band: one man<br>favorite song to play: fortunate son<br>genre(s) of music you play:Older rock, stuff from the 60s-80s back when music was good.<br><br>#3-Sasquatch<br>Instrument: Trombone<br>Type of band: Concert band, Jazz band, Quartets and Trios, Garage Ska band.<br>Favorite Song: any kind of jazz, without a doubt. Pennsylvania 6-5000 and Little Brown Jug are always fun.<br>Genre: Classical, Jazz, Funk, Rock<br><br>Instrument: Vocals<br>Type of Band: Choir, Ska band, background in a rock band.<br>Favorite Song: Whatever I'm listening to, I'll sing it. <br>Genre: Operatic melody, Random sound effects, harmony lyrics, Screams <br><br>#4-LakelandBaller<br>instrument(s): Laguna Electric Guitar <br>type of band: Me, Myself, And I<br>favorite song to play:&nbsp;&nbsp;Scream Aim Fire<br>genre(s) of music you play: Rock<br><br>#5-PBpancake<br>instrument(s):&nbsp;&nbsp;Trombone<br>type of band:&nbsp;&nbsp;School symphonic band<br>favorite song to play:&nbsp;&nbsp;Whatever our band director tells us, he picks out some great pieces. I like them all.<br>genre(s) of music you play:&nbsp;&nbsp;Pop, rock, etc during marching season, Christmas pieces during winter. I don't know what we play during the spring, this is my first year in highschool band <br><br>#6-NPpballer<br>instrument(s):&nbsp;&nbsp;Trumpet, Bach Stradivarus<br>type of band: Symphonic Band, Jazz Band, Chamber Ensembles, Pep Band, and Solo Ensembles<br>favorite song to play: I love playing pep band music, but I also really enjoy emotional peices too<br>genre(s) of music you play:&nbsp;&nbsp;Classical, Old rock charts for like pre game, Etudes and all that jazz.........<br><br>#7-Canadarulez<br>instrument(s): Guitar (used to play cello)<br>type of band: All City Intermediate Jazz Band<br>favorite song to play: Jacob's Ladder - Rush (but that easily changes)<br>genre(s) of music you play: Anything, honestly<br><br>#8-LarryJerry1<br>instrument(s): Tuba, trumpet (F. Schmidt)<br>type of band: Concert (School), potentially jazz band if we get one together at school<br>favorite song to play: Pirates of the Caribbean as of right now, Jupiter (by Gustav Holst) if I could actually play it.<br>genre(s) of music you play: Classical, potentially jazz<br><br>#9-Techspeedball<br>Instrument: Alto Saxophone<br>Type of band: School band ( concert/Marching)<br>Favorite song to play: You give love a bad name (or what ever song the instructor picks)<br>genre(s) of music you play: Jazz, Rock, Concert, Christmasy or anything we play (Go Ridgewood Marching Band!!!!<br><br>#10-Spyder PB Player<br>instrument(s): Piano(quite after 4 years), Percussion, Cello<br>type of band: School, concert<br>favorite song to play: Coldplay, One republic, Canon<br>genre(s) of music you play: Alternative,Classic<br><br>#11-Drummie224<br>instrument(s): The Drums<br>type of band: Not in a band currently, tho in the Chamber Orchestra at school, Playing the Cello<br>favorite song to play: Prequel to the sequel (Instrumental)<br>genre(s) of music you play: Rock, Progressive Rock, Progressive metal, Hard rock<br><br>#12- Vaellis<br>instrument(s): Trumpet, currently playing a crappy 5 year old trumpet I got from BJ's (The store, not blowing a dude for a free instrument)<br>type of band: School concert band<br>favorite song to play: Some christmas carols are actually really fun, there isn't much I don't enjoy playing<br>genre(s) of music you play: Whatever's handed to me in class <br><br>#13-Folkloricjungle<br>instrument(s): Euphonium, Guitar<br>type of band: Concert Band, Marching Band<br>favorite song to play: Molly on the Shore as a band!<br>genre(s) of music you play: Classical, for guitar, Boys Like Girls, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and whatnot!<br><br>#14-Zop1o<br>Instrument(s): Euphonium, Baritone, Tuba, Trombone, Bassoon, Bass Guitar, +more&lt;<br>Type of band: College wind ensemble, symphonic band, marching band, pep band, latin jazz, brass ensemble, DCI<br>Favorite song to play: Most band arrangements of Debussy<br>Genre(s) of music you play: Whatever I am given<br><br>#15- etekgirl<br><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2">instrument(s):marching percussion (snare, tenors, bass, cymbals)<br>type of band: marching band, wgi<br>favorite song to play: dont really have a favorite...usually depends on what I'm working on<br>genre(s) of music you play: dci/wgi shit </font></font><br> <br><font color="#1c2837"><font size="2">#16-SeClown</font></font><br><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2"><b>Instrument: </b><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2">Ukulele</font></font><br><b>Type of band:</b><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2"> Solo</font></font><br><b>Favorite song to play: </b><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2">I'm Yours by Jason Mraz</font></font><br><b>genre(s) of music you play: </b><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2">reggae</font></font></font></font><br> <br><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2"><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2">#17-Josh13</font></font></font></font><br><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2"><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2">instrument(s): Drums, a little bit of guitar and bass, very very small amount of piano<br>type of band: Was in a Christian rock band, but I moved away<br>favorite song to play: To many to list<br>genre(s) of music you play: Rock, tons of dubstep, very little country, small amount of screamo, I will listen to anything once. </font></font></font></font><br> <br><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2"><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2">#18-Gibeepbroxzor</font></font></font></font><br><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2"><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2"><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2"><div align="center"><b>instrument(s): </b>Drumset ('71 Ludwig Blue Oyster Pearls, mix of Zildjian, Paiste, and Stagg cymbals, about to get Mapex Raptor pedals), Sideline/ Concert Percussion, Bass Guitar (Dean metalman V, Johnson Reptone 30w bass amp</div></font></font><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2"><div align="center"><b>type of band: </b>Quit concert band this year, couldn't stand the director anymore. He was into the whole picking favorites thing, clarinets were put on drumline instead of drummers, I said fuck it lol</div></font></font><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2"><div align="center"><b>favorite song to play: </b>I love drumming to Reise Reise by Rammstein, Fake Messiah by Lamb of God, and Me&amp;You by Nero. Bass, I can play some Lamb of God, System of a Down, and Motley Crue, but Im new to it.</div></font></font><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2"><div align="center"><b>genre(s) of music you play: </b>Metal (thrash, death, folk, grunge, black, anything except *hardcore*), jazz, blues, drum and bass, and I like playing along to classical, if I feel like using the brushes.</div><br></font></font></font></font></font></font><br><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2"><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2"><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2">#18-LJPva</font></font></font></font></font></font><br><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2"><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2"><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2">Instruments(s): Yamaha Pacifica 6 string, Peavey millenium bass, Seagull S6 acoustic.<br>Favorite song(s) to play: Anything Zeppelin or Maiden. Too hard to choose.<br>Genres: Metal (Viking, Black, Thrash, Death, Synth, Ambient, Folk, Progressive), Classic rock, indie rock, blues, classical.<br></font></font></font></font></font></font><br><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2"><font color="#1C2837"> </font></font></font><br><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2"><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2"><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2">#19-xNathaNx</font></font></font></font></font></font><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2">instrument: dean ML blackbolt <br>type of band: metal<br>favorite song to play omerta by lamb of god<br>genres METAL </font></font><br><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2"><font color="#1C2837"> </font></font></font><br> <br><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2">#20-Sticktodrum</font></font><br><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2">nstrument(s): Drums<br>Type of band: Musical orchestras mainly, and the "bands" that live in my head<br>Favorite song to play: "I'm Alive" from the Next To Normal musical<br>Genre(s) of music you play: Can play? Anything. Play well? Pop, Broadway (contemporary and a little of the Broadway 2), Metal, Funk, Drum N Bass, Gospel<br></font></font><br><font color="#1c2837"><font size="2"><br></font></font><br><font color="#1c2837"><font size="2">#21-Trigg3r happy</font></font><br><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2"><b>instrument(s):</b> Bass, Guitar, Mandolin, Keys, Trumpet<br>Currently own:<br>Left handed fender strat with P90s<br>Lefty Schecter with EMGs (81/85)<br>Upside down Fender Jazz bass<br>Alavarez acoustic<br>Breedlove acoustic<br>Epiphone (old army/ navy ) Acoustic<br>ibanez mandolin<br>Bach strad M37 trumpet<br>Jeff cooks (guitarist from alabama) old gran piano<br><br><b>type of band:</b><br>I listen to everything.<br>currently on muse/ radiohead discogrpahies<br>I played professionally in the punk/ pop punk/ and alternative scene<br><br><b>favorite song to play:</b><br>Say it aint so by weezer (first song i learned great riffs)<br><br>Acoustic:<br>When Stars go Blue (Ryan Adams version)<br><b><br>genre(s) of music you play:<br></b>Originally the band I was in started out as a alt rock project playing weezer/ nirvana covers. I being the lead singer/ guitarist (lead as well) having one hand helped tremendously in the PR department.<br>After a few years we slowly progressed to a more punk sound. Then a more pop punk sound as well to appeal to more people, say what you want but people didn't come to punk shows. After a visit to Scottish Rites Childrens Hospital in Dallas we appeared on CBS, and Fox. Then it kind of exploded.<br><br>Places we played:<br>Warped tour<br>House of Blues<br>Knitting Factory<br>The Door<br>Trees<br>Paladian Ballroom<br>Scottish Rites<br>White Rock Marathon<br>Hand Camp for SRCH in Austin<br><br>Those were what I consider the highlights any way.<br><br>Bands we played with:<br>All Time Low<br>Jimmy Eat World<br>Queens of the Stone Age<br>We the Kings<br>Hey Monday<br>Forever the Sickest kids<br>Goatpunisher (weezer secret show)<br>Reel Big Fish<br>Less Than Jake<br>Floggin Molly<br>Rancid<br>Antiflag<br>Chiodos<br>Devil wears prada<br>Yellowcard<br>Taking Back Sunday<br>Kids of Survival<br>Criminal Shift<br>Alabama (helps that the fiances grandpa is jeff cook)<br>etc many others<br><br>#22-Madsnipes</font></font><div><font color="#1C2837"><font size="2"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">instrument(s): 2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio, Washburn X-Series,&nbsp;<br>acoustic) some old ass martin that plays really great<br><br>type of band: whatever i can get into.<br><br>favorite song to play: Anything by Led Zeppelin<br><br>genre(s) of music you play: Classic Rock, Metal&nbsp;</span></font></font></div>

Edited by turkey357, 15 February 2012 - 08:35 PM.

Posted Image
are you a Musician? Join the club! click this to get there!--->Musicians Club Here!

#2 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:28 AM

<div><div><font class="Apple-style-span" size="2" face="Arial">hey for those who are going to&nbsp;submit&nbsp;there "application" to join please do not put your "application" in the center please keep it to the right of your post. if you&nbsp;don't&nbsp;know what im talking about look under "Spyder PB Player's" application you will see that i can not get it to go like the others. so in order to keep the&nbsp;original&nbsp;post clean please put your&nbsp;application&nbsp;to the right of your post</font></div><font class="Apple-style-span" size="2" face="Arial"><div><br></div>i have to pm one of the mods because of the formatting in the original post is all jacked up and does not want to fix lol<b>&nbsp;</b></font></div>

Edited by turkey357, 03 January 2012 - 12:47 AM.

Posted Image
are you a Musician? Join the club! click this to get there!--->Musicians Club Here!

#3 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 06:00 PM

hmmm slow start

bump
Posted Image

#4 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 06:40 PM

I shall join
instrument(s): epi less paul se 2 and I can get around on the piano
type of band: one man
favorite song to play: fortunate son
genre(s) of music you play: Older rock, stuff from the 60s-80s back when music was good.

I also just started putting together guitar kits and selling them at my school

#5 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 06:49 PM

I shall join
instrument(s): epi less paul se 2 and I can get around on the piano
type of band: one man
favorite song to play: fortunate son
genre(s) of music you play: Older rock, stuff from the 60s-80s back when music was good.

I also just started putting together guitar kits and selling them at my school

YEAH! first member thats not me. i hope what i put in my sig is starting to work! do you have any pics of your guitar?
heres a pic of my sr500
Posted Image">

Edited by turkey357, 24 December 2011 - 06:52 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 06:50 PM

I shall find one

#7 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 06:57 PM

I shall find one

ok and once we get about 10 members i will have some one make a signature
Posted Image

#8 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:02 PM

sweet.
I found the pictures

Posted Image

and my lucky pick

Posted Image

#9 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:05 PM

cool i will edit the guitar pick and make it smaller so that it fits nicely in the original post

also i like the pick
Posted Image

#10 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:18 PM

cool i will edit the guitar pick and make it smaller so that it fits nicely in the original post

also i like the pick

nevermind too much hassle
Posted Image

#11 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:20 PM

I have had that pick since I was 6 way before I started playing. surprised it is still around.

#12 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:22 PM

I have had that pick since I was 6 way before I started playing. surprised it is still around.

wow and it hasnt worn out?
Posted Image

#13 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Uhhh.. I bought another gun..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:27 PM

I'll join.

Instrument: Trombone
Type of band: Concert band, Jazz band, Quartets and Trios, Garage Ska band.
Favorite Song: any kind of jazz, without a doubt. Pennsylvania 6-5000 and Little Brown Jug are always fun.
Genre: Classical, Jazz, Funk, Rock

Instrument: Vocals
Type of Band: Choir, Ska band, background in a rock band.
Favorite Song: Whatever I'm listening to, I'll sing it.
Genre: Operatic melody, Random sound effects, harmony lyrics, Screams

I will laugh as they overwhelm our enemies in a flurry of spotted banana hammocks.

Sasquatch's BST Feedback Thread
Check out my Ebay sales!

#14 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:30 PM

I'll join.

Instrument: Trombone
Type of band: Concert band, Jazz band, Quartets and Trios, Garage Ska band.
Favorite Song: any kind of jazz, without a doubt. Pennsylvania 6-5000 and Little Brown Jug are always fun.
Genre: Classical, Jazz, Funk, Rock

Instrument: Vocals
Type of Band: Choir, Ska band, background in a rock band.
Favorite Song: Whatever I'm listening to, I'll sing it.
Genre: Operatic melody, Random sound effects, harmony lyrics, Screams

GREAT!
Posted Image

#15 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:35 PM

Original post updated
Posted Image

#16 LakelandBaller

LakelandBaller

Central FL Baller

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:47 PM

instrument(s): Laguna Electric Guitar
type of band:
Me, Myself, And I
favorite song to play:
Scream Aim Fire
genre(s) of music you play: Rock

#17 PBpancake

PBpancake

Forever Alone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:48 PM

Why not...

instrument(s): Trombone
type of band: School symphonic band
favorite song to play: Whatever our band director tells us, he picks out some great pieces. I like them all.
genre(s) of music you play: Pop, rock, etc during marching season, Christmas pieces during winter. I don't know what we play during the spring, this is my first year in highschool band

Edited by PBpancake, 24 December 2011 - 07:49 PM.

#18 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:50 PM

instrument(s): Laguna Electric Guitar
type of band:
Me, Myself, And I
favorite song to play:
Scream Aim Fire
genre(s) of music you play: Rock

your in
Posted Image

#19 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:51 PM

Haha, seems like I'll be the oddball of the group. Damn strings. Posted Image

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't see Pancake's post. Trombone FTW!

EDIT 2: And btw Pancake, most high school bands play random stuff during marching season, holiday stuff until Christmas break, and UIL Contest pieces during spring.

Edited by Sasquatch, 24 December 2011 - 07:53 PM.

I will laugh as they overwhelm our enemies in a flurry of spotted banana hammocks.

Check out my Ebay sales!

#20 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:51 PM

Why not...

instrument(s): Trombone
type of band: School symphonic band
favorite song to play: Whatever our band director tells us, he picks out some great pieces. I like them all.
genre(s) of music you play: Pop, rock, etc during marching season, Christmas pieces during winter. I don't know what we play during the spring, this is my first year in highschool band

youur added
Posted Image

#21 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:53 PM

Haha, seems like I'll be the oddball of the group. Damn strings. Posted Image

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't see Pancake's post. Trombone FTW!

EDIT 2: And btw Pancake, most high school bands play random stuff during marching season, holiday stuff until Christmas break, and UIL Contest pieces during spring.

haha

edit- WOOT PG2!

Edited by turkey357, 24 December 2011 - 07:57 PM.

Posted Image

#22 NPpballer

NPpballer

I'm Rick James, BITCH!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 11:50 PM

instrument(s): Trumpet, Bach Stradivarus

type of band:
Symphonic Band, Jazz Band, Chamber Ensembles, Pep Band, and Solo Ensembles

favorite song to play:
I love playing pep band music, but I also really enjoy emotional peices too

genre(s) of music you play: Classical, Old rock charts for like pre game, Etudes and all that jazz.........:dodgy:

Songs we just finished playing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBdKlNsuPd4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLJfL8vDIDY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWJt431LyKU

Just learned how to embed.... pretty psyched....

Edited by NPpballer, 24 December 2011 - 11:56 PM.

#23 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:38 AM

youve been added.

what do you think of this song?

Posted Image

#24 PBpancake

PBpancake

Forever Alone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:51 AM

youve been added.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK8xB1opuQ8

Meh, would've been better without the vocals I think.

And yeah, I love playing the trombone. Sadly, I decided to quit band next year because my braces ruined my embochure. I'll get back in it once I get my braces off.

#25 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 03:04 AM

youve been added.

And yeah, I love playing the trombone. Sadly, I decided to quit band next year because my braces ruined my embochure. I'll get back in it once I get my braces off.

Don't quit because of braces. Several people, including me, had to get braces while in band, we all stuck through it, and every single one of us were top chair with them on. When they were taken off, we all had a couple of weeks to relearn our lip placement, and we sounded even better than before.

My advice would be to stay in, and if your braces are bothering you, talk to your director about it, and request being placed on the 3rd or 4th tbone charts, which will give you slower, deeper charts than 1st and 2nd would, which should put less pressure on your lips and teeth when playing.

Also, when you have your braces tightened down, let your director know. You will be in pain a couple of days after, and might have to stop playing before your practices are over.

Or, ask your director if you can transfer to the pit or drum line. You might have to learn completely new instruments, but at least you get to stick around for all the crazy band stories.

Check out my Ebay sales!

#26 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 03:05 AM

youve been added.

my school's choir does it really well better than this version. much much much better but this is the best i could find
Posted Image

#27 NPpballer

NPpballer

I'm Rick James, BITCH!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 01:31 PM

youve been added.

Don't quit because of braces. Several people, including me, had to get braces while in band, we all stuck through it, and every single one of us were top chair with them on. When they were taken off, we all had a couple of weeks to relearn our lip placement, and we sounded even better than before.

My advice would be to stay in, and if your braces are bothering you, talk to your director about it, and request being placed on the 3rd or 4th tbone charts, which will give you slower, deeper charts than 1st and 2nd would, which should put less pressure on your lips and teeth when playing.

Also, when you have your braces tightened down, let your director know. You will be in pain a couple of days after, and might have to stop playing before your practices are over.

Or, ask your director if you can transfer to the pit or drum line. You might have to learn completely new instruments, but at least you get to stick around for all the crazy band stories.

This, don't quit because of braces. I could still learn stuff if I showed up to band class and didn't play. Even if you have to sit our for a day or two you can listen to your band's intonation and really observe the different instrument's parts in your ensemble.

#28 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:38 PM

Anyone ever sent off a band instrument for restoration? I'm looking for a place that will be able to clean up my Bach 42B, and my late 30's Cleveland Superior.

Dent removal, laquer removal, destressing the joints, slide alignment, etc.

Check out my Ebay sales!

#29 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:01 AM

Anyone ever sent off a band instrument for restoration? I'm looking for a place that will be able to clean up my Bach 42B, and my late 30's Cleveland Superior.

Dent removal, laquer removal, destressing the joints, slide alignment, etc.

well as far as stringed instrumnets go, one would be better off with getting a lutheir you know or that is local and sometimes the big name stores like sam ash or guitar center are not the best places to get things fixed. but some times they are good too. try asking your band instructor he might know
Posted Image

#30 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:27 AM

Lol, I'm 23. I havent had a band director in 5 years. Posted Image

I was trying to find this one place my band director used to send our instruments to, but it looks like the place has closed down since I have graduated. Hence my asking. But it's not a huge problem. I know how to fix my horns for the most part. I just wanted professionals to do it..

Check out my Ebay sales!

#31 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:34 AM

lol i guess i thought that both you gys were inighschool.

and good luck then

edit*** by both i mean the two trumpet players

Edited by turkey357, 26 December 2011 - 02:15 PM.

Posted Image

#32 NPpballer

NPpballer

I'm Rick James, BITCH!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:15 PM

Go to a local music store. At the one in town, he ha s a guy for everything. One guy does cleaning and dent removal, and a guy for refurbishing instruments and whatnot. Most likely if they don't do it on site, they'll direct you to someone who can.

#33 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:37 PM

Got my guitar kit in, going to be a fun project. will post pics here of the progress.

#34 canadarulez

canadarulez

uberfantastical member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:46 PM

instrument(s): Guitar (used to play cello)

type of band: All City Intermediate Jazz Band

favorite song to play: Jacob's Ladder - Rush (but that easily changes)

genre(s) of music you play: Anything, honestly

Recently I've been getting into classical

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBQfHJA2Lng

Edited by canadarulez, 26 December 2011 - 05:47 PM.

#35 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:03 PM

Go to a local music store. At the one in town, he ha s a guy for everything. One guy does cleaning and dent removal, and a guy for refurbishing instruments and whatnot. Most likely if they don't do it on site, they'll direct you to someone who can.

I thought about that, but I cant find a "general" music store. The only one near me that has anything to do with concert instruments only sells sheet music. Everything else is a guitar store.

Check out my Ebay sales!

#36 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:07 PM

yeah more growth! and i just bought 2 new bass string sets and some guitar picks
Posted Image

#37 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:12 PM

So, I decided to buy some new accessories for my trombone.

Digital Tuner
Silent Brass mute system
Guitar Amp
Distortion pedal
3.5mm to 1/4" cable

And people in my barracks that my trombone was annoying before. Wait until I hook it up to the amp and distort it to make it sound like a guitar. Posted Image

Check out my Ebay sales!

#38 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:14 PM

So, I decided to buy some new accessories for my trombone.

Digital Tuner
Silent Brass mute system
Guitar Amp
Distortion pedal
3.5mm to 1/4" cable

And people in my barracks that my trombone was annoying before. Wait until I hook it up to the amp and distort it to make it sound like a guitar. Posted Image

lol this made me laugh!
Posted Image

#39 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:39 PM

Haha. Once I get all my stuff in I'll record some of my playing.

Maybe we should start a contest for us.. Have someone start a song with a few measures of improv. Next person copies them, then adds on a few more measures. Next person copies both people and adds theirs. So on and so on. Make a huge set of music we all memorize to play. Could be fun. Posted Image

Check out my Ebay sales!

#40 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:00 PM

some thing like that could be really fun

but it might need some work/ tweeking

and maybe more than just 7 members
Posted Image

#41 larryjerry1

larryjerry1

Ich bin ein Grazi.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:11 AM

instrument(s): Tuba, trumpet (F. Schmidt)

type of band: Concert (School), potentially jazz band if we get one together at school

favorite song to play: Pirates of the Caribbean as of right now, Jupiter (by Gustav Holst) if I could actually play it.

genre(s) of music you play: Classical, potentially jazz

Posted Image

Edited by larryjerry1, 28 December 2011 - 03:12 AM.

Because that's what we had when I was a kid
Dirt.
And the internet, but dirt was cheaper.

#42 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:36 AM

welcome Posted Image

just put some DR nickle strings on my sr500

i cant think of a name for her. can i have some help? theres a picture of her in the first page of the thread and she is in her case
Posted Image

#43 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:08 PM

so whats up?
Posted Image

#44 canadarulez

canadarulez

uberfantastical member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:57 PM

just learned this one :D

#45 TechSpeedball

TechSpeedball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:03 PM

I want to join

Instrument: Alto Saxophone
Type of band: School band ( concert/Marching)
Favorite song to play: You give love a bad name (or what ever song the instructor picks)
genre(s) of music you play: Jazz, Rock, Concert, Christmasy or anything we play (Go Ridgewood Marching Band!!!!)
My Set Up: Invert Helix with Empire E-vent foam and Smoke lens (olive) ,
07 Proto pants and ACU camo long sleeve shirt, NxE pod pack, Empire ZE elbow pads,
Vlocity Jr w/ warfeed,Spyder Mr1, 20oz CO2 tank and 12oz CO2 tank. Musician Club

#46 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:11 PM

welcome!
Posted Image

#47 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:13 PM

cant wait to get my new bass started in the concert band
Posted Image

#48 TechSpeedball

TechSpeedball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:43 PM

Yay go musicians club lol :D
07 Proto pants and ACU camo long sleeve shirt, NxE pod pack, Empire ZE elbow pads,
Vlocity Jr w/ warfeed,Spyder Mr1, 20oz CO2 tank and 12oz CO2 tank. Musician Club

#49 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:00 PM

yeah i thought it would be a good idea

hey you guys know that the conversation in here can be about anything. not just about music right?
Posted Image

#50 TechSpeedball

TechSpeedball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:48 AM

Go paintball!!! lol whos your guys favorite team??
I like Tampa Bay Damage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users