• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 PBplayerJake

PBplayerJake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:51 AM

i am really focused on these two guns and cannot choose between them... i really want the smoothest shooting gun as i will upgrade the proto to have an ironman trigger so that wont be a factor. also i want a reliable gun. eventually i would upgrade the axe bolt but i dont think it will shoot as smooth as the reflex. i much prefer the looks of the reflex over the axe but if the axe is a much better marker i can deal with it. also both guns will be baught used so that will possibly affect your choice. i lnow that the axe will get more air efficency but that is not a realy big factor to me as i can fill up very often and have a 68/45. this will be an upgrade from my ego 06 and i just want to make sure i am happy and my main goal is to have a way smoother shot than my ego 06. please give reasons and dont just say the axe because it is cool. thanks i appreciate the help and input
planet eclipse oops asa and mini rail system for sale http://www.techpb.co...l=&fromsearch=1

#2 aresfiend

aresfiend

Noob Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:02 AM

Axe by a landslide.

The proto is a spool so you get a smoother shot but the axe takes less maintenance and is good out of the box whereas the protos can be a little jumpy and are known to have parts fail every now and then more often than an axe.

#3 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:44 PM

they are both good guns, but since i have recently started liking the axe more and more, i recommend the axe. it doesn't have a very smooth shot ( it's shot does not live up to the hype) but it is not a bad gun by any means. go axe

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#4 ak74freak

ak74freak

Grade 11 Baller (Fallbrook HS)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:31 PM

the axe is a great gun, however it has some non user friendly parts which make it a pain imo. If i had not gotten a great deal on my reflex i would have got an axe in a heartbeat. ive shot both guns. neither one is marginally better than the other but it all winds down to personal preference. I like my guns to feel amazing in the hands and the reflex does it with the ultralite grips and contact pads its like a dream. the axe feels good but a little blocky for my my taste.
so you decide:
Axe: nice crisp shot with good efficiency, feels ok in the hands
Reflex: smoother shot with ok efficiency, feel great in the hands.
Both: world class manufacturers (good customer service), solid performing markers.

hope it helps and i hope i wasn't too biased.

#5 nhawn9

nhawn9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:47 AM

i had the same problem too, and well actually still do, i'm looking for a gun in the $500 range and im thinking between dye reflex, empire axe, planet eclipse etek 3 lt and the dangerous power fx (the 4 main $500 range guns). Like people have said before it does come down to personal preference. The fx is air forward spring back which cause slight vibrations which is why i place it 4th on my list. Don't let that scare you away but personally i don't like it. The The axe has great reviews but I personally don't like its look. If you cant get past the look then its not worth it, some people like it but i just cant get over the looks. So its 3rd on my list. Second on my list is the reflex. It gentile on paint and really sexy. Ya it has its problems but every gun does. I rank the etek 3 top. Just personal preference really. And thats what i think you should go on too. Just because someone on the internet prefers on gun doesn't mean its right for you. I say go to you local shop, try them out then make the choice for your self. But learn the positive and negatives of each gun first, educate you self, try them out, then buy. Hope this helps.

#6 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:20 AM

i perfer the reflex because its a spoolie and i dont mind lubing my gun over and over again or walking to the fill station
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#7 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:22 AM

Axe by far. Much smoother.

#8 lourens00000

lourens00000

The STIG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:32 AM

AXE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AXE,ETEK3,TM15,RAIL+Rotor+Z2+Crossfire68/4500+Events

Posted Image

#9 PBplayerJake

PBplayerJake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:09 PM

thanks for all the help guysi am thinking i am gunna pick up a reflex because i want a spool
planet eclipse oops asa and mini rail system for sale http://www.techpb.co...l=&fromsearch=1

#10 Card

Card

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:28 PM

Spend the extra money on a Drone DX if you want a spool! you wont regret it.
Woot Bagel!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users