• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 yankeejoe2002

yankeejoe2002

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:16 PM

Hey guys, just joined. Did a search on this but found nothing.

Are there any other places around Rochester (within 45 min) to ball, besides NVP? No offense to anyone who works/plays there, but it's atrociously expensive. I'd love to find a woodsball place or at least somewhere half-decent that doesnt cost as much as NVP.

Compete (Victor) went out of business, Post Office is gone (right?), Armory is gone (right?), Jello Factory - is that still around?, I heard there's a place in hilton, and Performance Paintball by the airport seems legit (based on their website), has anyone ever been there? Its BYOP which is nice.

Thanks,
Joe

#2 Jelly Sammich

Jelly Sammich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:16 PM

The only other place open other than NVP is Performance by the airport, they do more of a woods ball/ scenario game style of play. The BYOP is $30 dollar entry and they have the other deal which is a case + entry for $60 but they have an outdoor field so you'll have to crawl around in the snow if you are looking to play during winter. Only other places to play are in Buffalo. During the winter months I play at NVP because we have our own field during summer but its too cold/snowing to play on it.

#3 Jelly Sammich

Jelly Sammich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:18 PM

As for cost, most places around here have always been this much. The armory, post office, jello factory, compete, pro, pats, etc have always been around $60 to $80 for a case and entry.

#4 yankeejoe2002

yankeejoe2002

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:13 PM

Thanks for the reply man. I don't mind the snow so I may try Performance. You're right about cost. I really miss compete though, they always ended up throwing in free paint for me and were nice guys. I wish I had access to some land to make a summer field, as you have.

Cheers

#5 jimbob23929

jimbob23929

Orange Tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:34 PM

I enjoy NVP personally. But it is quite expensive. The jello factory is gone (owner passed away due to heart attack). Now it is under new ownership and is in the armory's basement (sorry, can't find the link). I have only ever been to NVP, so I can't give an opinion on anywhere else.
Check out my youtube channel!!!
Current Marker Setup:
Proto Reflex Rail, Invert Halo TOO Loader with Exalt Speedfeed, Ninja Grey Ghost 68/4500 tank with Dye C7 Blue Rhino cover
Current Gear Setup: Orange Tiger i4 with Orange Tiger Headband and ContourROAM Camera, C12 Orange Tiger Jersey and Pants, PE 2012 Overload Padded Jersey
1/0/0
Posted Image

#6 Jelly Sammich

Jelly Sammich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:54 PM

Personally, I shoot around half a case every time I go. So when I buy a case for $60 I'm really cutting it in half because I can play 2 days off 1 case for the most part. That makes it $30 for paint and $10 for entry (per day) so $40 bucks a day sounds a lot more reasonable, but that's how I view it.

#7 yankeejoe2002

yankeejoe2002

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:46 PM

Personally, I shoot around half a case every time I go. So when I buy a case for $60 I'm really cutting it in half because I can play 2 days off 1 case for the most part. That makes it $30 for paint and $10 for entry (per day) so $40 bucks a day sounds a lot more reasonable, but that's how I view it.

Yeah that's a good way to look at it. Havent been to NVP in a few years, maybe it's better now. Back then it seemed that literally every person besides my friends was just a d-bag but maybe the demographic has changed. I go to school in PA so I've become more partial to Woodsball after some trips to Skirmish USA, it'd be great to get a decent woodsball place in the area.

#8 Jelly Sammich

Jelly Sammich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:23 PM

NVP has a group of regulars that seem like D-bags, some of them are cool but some are complete D-bags that wipe and just talk trash (but what place doesn't have a few of those kids). When I go I see a ton of rentals and beginners which is good, I welcome everyone into this sport and I feel like the more the better. When I go with my brother I play beginners with just one hopper and capped semi. If you like airball just give it shot and if you let me know ahead of time I'll come along so you aren't alone if you'd like.

As for woodsball, we don't have much of that sadly, closest thing you got is performance.

#9 yankeejoe2002

yankeejoe2002

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:22 PM

Yeah more renters and beginners the better for the sport, as long as they keep coming back.

#10 paintman161

paintman161

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:46 AM

If you want we have a small group (about 10 guys) that plays up in brockport, mainly woodsball style of play! We play on private land and bring our own paint and your own air! We try to give a weeks notice when we will be playing via e-mail!

Also there is Boss paintball in Geneva which is about 45 mins from rochester! He has woodsball and speedball! BYOP or buy his for great prices!

#11 Drunken Monkey

Drunken Monkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

Man only nvp and performance paintball it would be nice if a couple more places would open up

#12 jimbob23929

jimbob23929

Orange Tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

Man only nvp and performance paintball it would be nice if a couple more places would open up

yea, i would like a good woodsball place
Check out my youtube channel!!!
Current Marker Setup:
Proto Reflex Rail, Invert Halo TOO Loader with Exalt Speedfeed, Ninja Grey Ghost 68/4500 tank with Dye C7 Blue Rhino cover
Current Gear Setup: Orange Tiger i4 with Orange Tiger Headband and ContourROAM Camera, C12 Orange Tiger Jersey and Pants, PE 2012 Overload Padded Jersey
1/0/0
Posted Image

#13 Drunken Monkey

Drunken Monkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

Yeah that would be great I would love a good woodsball place

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users