10 replies to this topic

#1 the.cheese

the.cheese

Join the cheese army

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:54 PM

I found an asus with the following specs: intel i5 2340m 2.4 ghz processor with a boost to 3.0 ghz, 6gb DDR3, 640 gb hdd, and intel hd graphics 3000 for 550. Should I wait till my birthday(which is in may) and add 250 to my budget or do you think the specs above are good enough. I'm leaning towards buying it now but I can be persuaded if you tell me te reasons why

Edited by the.cheese, 29 December 2011 - 07:55 PM.

it seems that EVERY gun these days shoots ropes, money, tits, lasers, etc....put this in your sig if yours still shoots the other team...

Why does TechPB attempt to solve all problems with shitting on stuff? Hahahaha.

#2 Alted4

Alted4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:35 PM

What are you using it for? If you're only watching youtube videos and doing basic functions, it's over spec'ed, and if you're wanting to game on it, the graphics simply will not cut it (nor will any laptops').

#3 blckninja

blckninja

Computer Tech

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:41 PM

What are you using it for? If you're only watching youtube videos and doing basic functions, it's over spec'ed, and if you're wanting to game on it, the graphics simply will not cut it (nor will any laptops').

This is not true, you can find a laptop with a dedicated video card that can run games just find. Will it be as good as a pc? Of course not, but laptops are decent for computer gaming.

etek.jpg

#4 Alted4

Alted4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:37 PM

Depends on your definition of gaming.

#5 aresfiend

aresfiend

Noob Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:39 PM

This is not true, you can find a laptop with a dedicated video card that can run games just find. Will it be as good as a pc? Of course not, but laptops are decent for computer gaming.

laptops are PCs.....

#6 blckninja

blckninja

Computer Tech

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:52 PM

laptops are PCs.....

Sorry but when i think of a pc i think of a desktop computer which is where the term personal computer came from.

etek.jpg

#7 aresfiend

aresfiend

Noob Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:16 PM

laptops are PCs.....

Sorry but when i think of a pc i think of a desktop computer which is where the term personal computer came from.

Got it.

The integrated, non-dedicated Radeon 3000 graphics are utter shit btw. I would add $250 on your budget and get something that is AT LEAST radeon 4250 mobile dedicated or above.

#8 AceComets

AceComets

Low-Ball Extraordinaire

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,582 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:34 AM

buy it. and play Old Republic.

I will fucking cut you AceComets, I will cut you like....paper with......scissors?

Ace's Feedback Ace's Mod App

#9 blckninja

blckninja

Computer Tech

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:10 PM

buy it. and play Old Republic.

IS it good?

etek.jpg

#10 the.cheese

the.cheese

Join the cheese army

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:34 AM

I was hoping to do some gaming on it but I might get a desktop I'm saving up moneyz. Idk man
it seems that EVERY gun these days shoots ropes, money, tits, lasers, etc....put this in your sig if yours still shoots the other team...

Why does TechPB attempt to solve all problems with shitting on stuff? Hahahaha.

#11 ibunkeru666

ibunkeru666

what do i type here?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:27 PM

I had a 2008 Alienware M15x that ran circles around most computers at the time. played crysis on high with a good 30fps. but that aside, they dont last long.... and when they die its rough. mine died the other week in the middle of a lecture.

however if i were you i'd look into the new Chromebooks if your really just going to use it for web surfing and facebook

http://www.tigerdire...rkey=chromebook

http://www.newegg.co...ame=Chromebooks
Posted Image
Ion Owners Group #1 ETEK OWNERS GROUP #17

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users