72 replies to this topic

#51 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:19 AM

The Victory is pretty loud actually, Marq's have never been amazingly quiet, theres a whole bunch of quieter poppets. As for efficiency, I've only got one tank, my field only fills to 3000 and I like to play outlaw ball, efficiency is a pretty big deal to me.

I wouldn't argue with a gun tech on problems with guns incognito :P

also cyborg rx's are a peice of shit and should not be uttered in the same sentance as an ego 11

*Waits for Norwegian strike*

Edited by Cookybiscuit, 02 January 2012 - 12:21 AM.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#52 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,824 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:21 AM

Also, I never understood the "it takes time to fill" argument, just seems lazy to me. I can fill a tank properly (not slammed) in 10 seconds, if you were okay with slam filling - 2 seconds.

Ofcourse it's not a quiet from a user perspective for sure, the top tube isn't sealed as it is in a victory, any spool, or a cyborg. for the people in front of you, there is little to no discernible difference unless you want to hyper tune a DM or Luxe, then yes, I digress, those are quite quiet in any setting. But, I had mine shooting just as quiet as my Geo2, and still hitting the 15 cap for CXBL.

#53 drunkenpriest

drunkenpriest

I relax 8 days a week.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:24 AM

The Victory is pretty loud actually, Marq's have never been amazingly quiet, theres a whole bunch of quieter poppets. As for efficiency, I've only got one tank, my field only fills to 3000 and I like to play outlaw ball, efficiency is a pretty big deal to me.

also cyborg rx's are a peice of shit and should not be uttered in the same sentance as an ego 11

call latsabb!!! (not sure if i spelt his name right)
Posted Image

#54 xincognitopbx

xincognitopbx

Ripper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:31 AM

On the account of your PS which i must mention you edited in. i did not see that as i hit reply before you edited it.

1st: not having a macroline is an advantage in ergos but a disadvantage in reliability.

2nd:you dont have to be a master tech to know how to use dow 55 although it would help ;)

3rd: i have not had mine do this yet.

4th: you dont find TONS of victories down in pits like you are trying to make it out to be. There slightly less reliable but again, they are poppets.

Goddamn one liners are good. and anyways im not trying to argue reliability and therefore things that could possibly go wrong. im arguing shot quality ...however you want to rank reliabilty is to each his own. however victories are still reliable guns...egos are just super reliable. Yet egos don't shoot as well as vics ^^

But the Ego 11 is shiny. :(

Dosent the Ego 11 only come in dust colours?

Feedback 2/0/0

#55 vzmaniac

vzmaniac

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:36 AM

On the account of your PS which i must mention you edited in. i did not see that as i hit reply before you edited it.

1st: not having a macroline is an advantage in ergos but a disadvantage in reliability.

2nd:you dont have to be a master tech to know how to use dow 55 although it would help ;)

4th: you dont find TONS of victories down in pits like you are trying to make it out to be. There slightly less reliable but again, they are poppets.

i do apologise i was not trying to proclaim that bunches of victories go down.... simply that bob long guns owned by people that have had egos without issues in the past... do come upon issues with the bob long...
DR .P. FAN FOR LIFE YO

#56 xincognitopbx

xincognitopbx

Ripper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:40 AM

i do apologise i was not trying to proclaim that bunches of victories go down.... simply that bob long guns owned by people that have had egos without issues in the past... do come upon issues with the bob long...

I agree PE markers are bulletproof and thats why i think they are worth shooting. (i said that earlier in this thread) They aren't BAD by any stretch of the imagination.

I only wanted to point out that a victory will shoot nicer and be more efficient yet be slightly less reliable because of the backcap, macroless etc. BUT then again victories aren't unreliable by any stretch of the imagination compared to other guns.

However you want to rank reliability, smoothness, quietness, and efficiency is to each his own. /thread cuz i think we all pointed that out enough

But then again i can hear the Norwegian strike coming lol. Latsabb protects the name of the cyborg rx, he protects it hard GOOD LUCK

Feedback 2/0/0

#57 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:43 AM

Only problems I've had with mine are mostly down to my stupidity, combined with the previous owners stupidity. The LPR, when I lubed it looked like it had never seen grease in its life, which was presumably the cause of the creep since its been fine ever since. It also wouldn't shoot higher than 270 FPS when I got it, because the dummy previous owner set the dwell to 5 rather than 6. Then came my time to shine, being a idiot and not tightening down the gripframe, causing it to leak everywhere, when I got home I wondered why the body was wobbling side to side, then I realised what the leak was...

Bob Long guns reliablity are scaled on your intelligence, if you're an idiot your gun isn't going to work, if you know anything, it will. Almost all the problems are user error, a well kept Victory is just as reliable as a well kept Ego, its just the margin for error is larger on the Victory due to the harder maintenance and the need to be precise with pressures and dwell settings, or they dont work.

#58 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,824 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:44 AM

I definitely wouldn't say RX's are shit man, they're easily one of the most underrated guns nobody has ever given the time of day to shoot. they fixed the 'reliabilty' issue with an updated rammer, and that was that. Thy're damn good value for a gun now on the used market for $400, especially when the packaging of the product matches any PE gun.

That and the Legend anyway....

#59 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:37 AM

Yeah, I have to question if someone has ever used or had a Cyborg RX if they want to call it shit, considering that it is likely the best overall package out there. Most guns are good in some areas, and crap in others, but the RX is pretty well rounded. Not the quietest, but quiet enough. Not the smoothest, but smooth enough. Not the most efficient, but more than most need. Not the best grips, but still soft enough, and wrap arounds. Etc, etc. It is the jack of all trades gun. I cant say it is the best in anything, but since it is pretty damn good in everything, I really like it. I love a smooth and quiet gun, but passed a certain point, it isnt a really big deal. You improve upon something that is already good enough.

I need at least 1500 shots off a 68/4500 from my guns. If it can do more, cool. But is it needed? No, not really. So anything over 1500 is gravy. The Cyborg will get a case. More than enough. I like a gun to be reasonably quiet. Is the Cyborg as quiet as most spools? No. But it isnt too far off from some. It is quieter than the Bob Longs, which i also consider to be quiet enough. I can easily hear team mates over the gun, and it doesnt have a sharp sound to it, so it doesnt make me second guess what someone is saying. Is it as smooth as a Victory, or most spools? No. But at the same time, I was upset with the Clone because it was SO smooth, that you couldnt tell when it was working properly or not. I had some problems with my Clone, and seriously, it shot so smooth that you couldnt tell when the FPS wasnt high enough. It permanently felt like a gun shoot below 200 FPS. I like a bit of feedback from the gun, but I respect the smoothness of guns such as the Clone, DM and Luxe. The Cyborg is smooth, but still gives me enough feedback to know that everything is alright.

The Cyborg comes with an OLED board with all the stuff you want on it, plus USB connectivity, a great case, laser eyes (in case anyone gives a shit) a macro out the front ASA, and is fully tooless for all major maintenance items other than the HPR. The enclosed bolt system is a gimmick as far as I am concerned, solving a problem which doesnt really exist, but whatever. Still nice because the pin isnt flying around up top. If they had a better trigger and barrel on it stock, I would have very little to complain about, and trust me, I do a LOT of complaining and nit picking when it comes to guns.

I had two Ego 11s. I wasnt really impressed with the performance of either. One was brand new, straight out of the box (with the noid turned down, and modes changed, obviously) and the other was well shot in, at least 20,000 shots through it. Both felt great, looked great, and had all the luxury you expect from a gun that costs that much, but shot wise, I just didnt see why I would have the Ego over something such as a Vice. The Vice is as smooth, and about as quiet, and costs a ton less, plus it is more efficient. I know why you buy an Ego 11 over a Vice, I just didnt see what the big deal on the performance was. Sure, the Ego 11 is leaps and bounds better than the previous Egos, and I like that Planet is finally heading down that road, but I dont think they are quite there. If they can improve on the Ego 13, and make it shoot better than the Ego 11, without hurting them in the areas they are already good at (see reliability) then I would likely shoot an Ego 13 over a Bob Long. The Bob Long is still likely going to be cheaper, but the performance gap is closing. However, there is still a gap.

Anyway, I am at work, and this is longer than I had planned, so I need to get moving. My miso is now cold, and that means I am about to slap a bitch.

Edited by Latsabb, 02 January 2012 - 01:43 AM.

Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#60 vzmaniac

vzmaniac

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:10 AM

Yeah, I have to question if someone has ever used or had a Cyborg RX if they want to call it shit,
had 3 freinds and 2 other people own rx's and since seeing there constant battles with them i wouldnt own one even if someone gave one to me

The Cyborg comes with an OLED board with all the stuff you want on it, plus USB connectivity, a great case, laser eyes (in case anyone gives a shit) a macro out the front ASA, and is fully tooless for all major maintenance items other than the HPR. The enclosed bolt system is a gimmick as far as I am concerned, solving a problem which doesnt really exist, but whatever. Still nice because the pin isnt flying around up top. If they had a better trigger and barrel on it stock, I would have very little to complain about, and trust me, I do a LOT of complaining and nit picking when it comes to guns.
the board is an el cheapo tadao and shows it... usb plugs falling off, battery terminals falling of from to little solder, being able to pull the actual plug sockets out of the board, the screen failing for no reason.... and the what i regard as silly ability to remove the board.
asa design i personally dont like... to much emphasis put on the 2 orings being constantly lubed and fully sealing for it not to leak.... also when turning it on they have a tendancy to expell a large puff of air before sealing....which is annoying

i agree with the bolt i think its a gimmick and one they didnt pull off very well the holding "pin" that holds the sleeve in place was prone to going flat... or creating a nick in the side of the locator hole which tended to make the bolt pop up and stop the gun working

I had two Ego 11s. I wasnt really impressed with the performance of either. One was brand new, straight out of the box (with the noid turned down, and modes changed, obviously) and the other was well shot in, at least 20,000 shots through it. Both felt great, looked great, and had all the luxury you expect from a gun that costs that much, but shot wise, I just didnt see why I would have the Ego over something such as a Vice. The Vice is as smooth, and about as quiet, and costs a ton less, plus it is more efficient. I know why you buy an Ego 11 over a Vice, I just didnt see what the big deal on the performance was. Sure, the Ego 11 is leaps and bounds better than the previous Egos, and I like that Planet is finally heading down that road, but I dont think they are quite there. If they can improve on the Ego 13, and make it shoot better than the Ego 11, without hurting them in the areas they are already good at (see reliability) then I would likely shoot an Ego 13 over a Bob Long. The Bob Long is still likely going to be cheaper, but the performance gap is closing. However, there is still a gap.

a well thought out person opinion i have no issues with what you have said above.... contrary to what it may seem i really do like bob long guns.... but the lack of support in my local area coupled with the crappy online cs, parts availability and "reduced" reliability over an ego means i will recommend an ego to newbies and non-technically minded peeps well before i recommend a bl gun

me personally id love to able to afford a vice, victory, g6r, older marq etc (all of them) as i love bl guns and am techie minded :D

my biggest gripe and reason for "the cyborg is shit" is because 2 of my freinds bought rx's and they both would not shoot properly... one still doesnt work 100% and when sent back to macdev to be fixed they discovered the guns had manufacturing defective lprs..... which they were still required to pay for. one bought an sl94 and the other bought an 11 and havent put the guns down and havent had even 1/20th the issues they had with the rx's

my amusement comes from the fact macdev dont sell the gun anymore.... for a gun that was supposed to be an ego killer and macdevs flagship poppet i find it hard to beleive they would stop selling such a "great" gun unless it was unsuccessful, unpopular or had to many issues.....

DR .P. FAN FOR LIFE YO

#61 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:35 AM

had 3 freinds and 2 other people own rx's and since seeing there constant battles with them i wouldnt own one even if someone gave one to me

I have yet to have an issue with mine, and other than a problem you describe later, which I will comment on, I havent heard other people complain too much.

the board is an el cheapo tadao and shows it... usb plugs falling off, battery terminals falling of from to little solder, being able to pull the actual plug sockets out of the board, the screen failing for no reason.... and the what i regard as silly ability to remove the board.
asa design i personally dont like... to much emphasis put on the 2 orings being constantly lubed and fully sealing for it not to leak.... also when turning it on they have a tendancy to expell a large puff of air before sealing....which is annoying

The USB plug is a bit easy to rip off, I agree, but anyone that it paying even the slightest amount of attention shouldnt have an issue here. And being that you cant do shit other than update the firmware with it, it isnt a huge loss, lol. Never heard of a problem with the battery terminals coming off, although that seems to be a fairly common problem with all guns. The amount of replaced wires and harnesses and such are high in paintball, since most people yank rather than pull lightly. Same goes for the connectors. That is just electronics in general. I see those ripped off of every gun out there. Especially with noid and eye connectors.

Your ASA complaint is justified. I mentioned it in my "Why the Cyborg RX might be for you." thread if I remember correctly. It doesnt waste much air, but it does expel a pretty good burst. The Creed does the same thing. It is still macro out the front though, and the amount of wasted air is almost negligible. Catches you off guard the first time or two though.

i agree with the bolt i think its a gimmick and one they didnt pull off very well the holding "pin" that holds the sleeve in place was prone to going flat... or creating a nick in the side of the locator hole which tended to make the bolt pop up and stop the gun working

This is the issue which I have heard of, which is actually almost 100% user error. Although MacDev ended up changing the design a bit so this wouldnt happen, this is due to not lining up the hammer guide correctly, which leads to the bolt pin dragging along the side. This causes FPS problems, requires pressures to be higher than they should be to get to 300 FPS, and can lead to snapped bolts. This was user error though, and I think it is even explained in the manual itself.

a well thought out person opinion i have no issues with what you have said above.... contrary to what it may seem i really do like bob long guns.... but the lack of support in my local area coupled with the crappy online cs, parts availability and "reduced" reliability over an ego means i will recommend an ego to newbies and non-technically minded peeps well before i recommend a bl gun
me personally id love to able to afford a vice, victory, g6r, older marq etc (all of them) as i love bl guns and am techie minded :D

my biggest gripe and reason for "the cyborg is shit" is because 2 of my freinds bought rx's and they both would not shoot properly... one still doesnt work 100% and when sent back to macdev to be fixed they discovered the guns had manufacturing defective lprs..... which they were still required to pay for. one bought an sl94 and the other bought an 11 and havent put the guns down and havent had even 1/20th the issues they had with the rx's

my amusement comes from the fact macdev dont sell the gun anymore.... for a gun that was supposed to be an ego killer and macdevs flagship poppet i find it hard to beleive they would stop selling such a "great" gun unless it was unsuccessful, unpopular or had to many issues.....

Responses in black.

Again, never heard of a problem with the MacDev LPRs, but who knows. Sounds odd that both would have that problem though. But that MacDev doesnt produce them anymore doesnt really mean anything. Proto doesnt produce the PM line anymore. Infinity doesnt produce the Legend anymore. Both of those guns are were solid guns, and loved by many. Proto had their own reasons for killing off the PM (taking away focus from the DM line) and Infinity wasnt getting the price they wanted. MacDev has decided to focus on their spools, as they are more popular and well known. The Cyborg didnt sell well, you are right. But at the same time. MacDev has terrible PR, and small errors in the beginning hurt the Cyborg name. Even worse, people that had experience with the older Cyborgs, and didnt like them, completely shut out the RX, even though it was quite a bit different. I still see people posting that you adjust the FPS on a Cyborg RX through the LPR.

That said, MacDev is likely working on a new Cyborg. When that comes out is anyones guess. But they likely were not turning the profit they needed. If I remember correctly, their production machines are limited, so obviously you are going to use the time you have on them to produce your best selling markers. The Droid was a solid gun. Lots of people loved it. They dont produce it anymore. Because it was crap, and couldnt compete? No, because they need the machine time to make Clones and Drones.

Edited by Latsabb, 02 January 2012 - 08:27 AM.

Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#62 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:37 AM

Oh! And I forgot to mention that although weird that you can pull off the OLED screen, that is an AWESOME feature. One of my favorite features of the board, actually. Dead pixels? 35 bucks, and you have a new screen. No need to dish out for the whole board. I wish every company had this. I cannot tell you how many boards I have seen that functioned just fine, but had a messed up screen.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#63 m4ndark

m4ndark

Heart is what wins tournaments - Fraige

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:15 AM

Dude, you are getting one of the best guns out there,
dont need to be crazy looking for reasons to buy it. just buy and play, you wont regret!
like said above, isnt the best on kick, eficiency or loudnes, but if you wont shoot 9+ pods and loudness doesnt matter so its a good gun for you.
and yes, i think worth buying the gun, since you have all 2012 to shoot it!

Edited by m4ndark, 02 January 2012 - 09:24 AM.

Gewn Owners * Rotor Syndicate * HK Army Collective
Brazil- passionate baller

#64 paintballmasta

paintballmasta

Junior Member cuz i got 3 stars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:05 AM

I got an ego 11 they are excellent markers, haven't had a problem yet, but have had things i think are problems but arent LOL .
Current Setup: Ego 11, Empire Prophecy, Ninja 68/4500

BACKUP LOADERS RULE!

#65 PB2011

PB2011

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

So my field is semi only, mainly woodsball, and start a new game after about 2 minutes. They only have one compressor most times so fill lines are pretty long and you may miss a game or two if you need to fill, so I would like to get at least 10 pods off a 68/4500 fill. The guns I was mainly looking at were 2012 G6R, Victory V2, Victory Ripper (Worth extra money?) or Ego 11. For the Victory I kind of like my guns to have LCDs or OLED so is it possible to put that in a Victory? I know Cooky said the Victory V2 has G6R gripframe, so when the 2012 G6R comes out, would it possible to throw a stock g6r board in a Victory? And lastly, how bad is the dissassembly and regular maintenence (spelling?) on a Victory? Thanks in advance.
It's a trap! -Admiral Ackbar, a long long time ago.

#66 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

Did I say that? They dont :P

If I did I'll probably of either meant to gripframe was the same shape to hold, or the grips were the same, the gripframe fits on the two guns differently. All three will get 10 pods, usually the Egos get 10, Vics 12 and G6R's 13.

The V2 and Ripper are only seperated by milling, barrel and the Ripper having a gun bag. They shoot the same, sound the same, get the same efficiency etc. They are identical everywhere else. Maintenance is in your pm's.

#67 PB2011

PB2011

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

Did I say that? They dont :P

If I did I'll probably of either meant to gripframe was the same shape to hold, or the grips were the same, the gripframe fits on the two guns differently. All three will get 10 pods, usually the Egos get 10, Vics 12 and G6R's 13.

The V2 and Ripper are only seperated by milling, barrel and the Ripper having a gun bag. They shoot the same, sound the same, get the same efficiency etc. They are identical everywhere else. Maintenance is in your pm's.

Would you say that the ripper is worth the extra green though? And also, yeah, I think I may have mistook that you meant they were the same grip frames lol.

P.S. This post comes with a completmentary troll post: Does teh victory shoot more accurate with teh 20 inch barr3l???
It's a trap! -Admiral Ackbar, a long long time ago.

#68 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:55 PM

P.S. This post comes with a completmentary troll post: Does teh victory shoot more accurate with teh 20 inch barr3l???

It most certainly does. B)

Would you say that the ripper is worth the extra green though?

100% yes, to me anyway, theres only one gun that looks better, the DC2. Plus I'm not really a fan of the V2's milling. Its your choice though, is amazing looks worth another $250 to you?

#69 xincognitopbx

xincognitopbx

Ripper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

It most certainly does. B)

Would you say that the ripper is worth the extra green though?

100% yes, to me anyway, theres only one gun that looks better, the DC2. Plus I'm not really a fan of the V2's milling. Its your choice though, is amazing looks worth another $250 to you?

Well if he wants a board with a screen in it (pointless) he might as well get a v2 and get the thing yak'd (yakuza) so itsin the same price range as the ripper.

If you realize a more compact barrel, sexiest looking gun on the market, and the LE bag is better than a yak board, then go for the ripper. The ripper is also LE 1 of 500 so that may influence your choice too Posted Image

Edited by xincognitopbx, 02 January 2012 - 07:09 PM.

Feedback 2/0/0

#70 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:09 PM

i didnt read the entire thread, but read enough to know that i want to punch a couple people in the face for makeing false claims about egos...

to preface this... i used to owned a vice and marq6, as well as a nexus ego6 and SL94.... i now currently own a vicious ego11 and an entourage victory....

first off... ego11 tuning... you have to be a complete idiot with tuning an ego11 to think that the only way you can get the gunt o shoot smooth is to put the noid limiters on SLOW... first of all let me explain the noid limiters... the are pretty much adjustable quick exhaust valves... by turning them all the way up you leave the air path un-restricted, which allows the ram to cycle faster... by close off the valve you restrict the air path, which slows down the venting of air used to move the ram, which in turn creates an air cushion that slows down the speed of the ram.... everyone i have seen at my field that complained about a "slow ego11" only adjusted the noid settings... yes, if you simply just tune the noid settings then you will either slow down the cyclic rate of the gun, or you will limit the max velocity you can reach.... here is how you tune an ego11... or at least how i tuned it...

i have my LPR turned down from the stock settings, yet i have my noid limiters turned up... less pressure going to the noid, yes quick venting of air, makes for a very smooth and fast shot... i also lowered my dwell, because i upped my front noid limiter... as well as increased the HPR... now... those that have shot my vego11, or been ont he field iwht me while its shootings... have all comments on how quiet and smooth and fast it is...if you are not a complete retard when it comes to understanding how an ego works, or how to tune them, then you can get any ego to shoot pretty damn smooth, within the limitations of the platform...

as for the victory... i love it... its a great gun, its efficient... its light... and its easy for me to point and shoot... but, here are some of the issues i see with the victory... the shorty reg... its comfortable only in one position when i hold it... and i like to use a gunfighter grip a lot of the time versus a thumb over the barrel grip... the trigger... its not as adjustable or smooth as an ego's trigger... i also am a huge fan of the opto switch... given that you can tune the opto sensor in terms of activation point, release point, %covered to reset and %covered to fire, you can tune an opto switch to be much faster then a micro switch... the stock board... i have been a fan of BL since the release of the vice when they started coming with tadao boards... i jsut dont speak blinky light, so i like a screen for changing player profiles and tuning... speaking of tuning... the ego and victory are on par with each other tuning wise... only its easier to set pressures with the victories tester... but,being a cocker guy, i have no problems tuning an ego like i would a cocker... bu feel and chronograph...

so, that leaves us with sound signiture... ever paid attention to how a victory sounds on the business end of things? it sounds like toned down ar-15.... the last time i played with my victory i had multiple people come ask me what gun i was shooting becuase they heard the thing ont he other side of the field... siad it sounded like real gun fire, jsut quieter... just so you know my LPR is set at 80PSI and the HPR is set at 170-180 depending on field FPS limits... it was an entourage team gun, and i havent messed with the settings yet... i do plan on dropping the LPR to 65-70psi to see if that helps... back on topic... i have been shooting hte vego11 since mid summer, when i returned home form over seas... and every time i took it out i would have people comment on how quiet it was, or how fast it shot for an ego11... and those that i have let shoot my gun, all say its the smoothest stack tube poppet around... so much so that my buddy went out and go a vego11 and is sending it my way to tune...

as for the g6r vs ego11 argument... here is all i have to say about that... out of the box, no tuning, g6r wins hands down... but, a tuned ego11 and a tuned g6r... about the only thing the g6r has ont eh ego11 at that point if the sound signiture... and even them its not much different...

keep in mind that Bob Long guns are marketed toward a player that has all his own equipment and tools and lube and orings and such and is an established player... someone who has been playing for 5 plus years and knows a thing or 2 about maintaining a gun... where as PE markets their stuff to the all inclusive crowd... those that may not have a case, or tools, or a favorite barrel kit... sowhile the guns are similar, keep in mind the demographic that each company is gearing their products towards...

as for ergonomics... which i forgot about up above... i find the victory better for point and shoot... and like it for shorter games... but i think the ego11 is a much more ergonomic gun for extended play... much more comfortable...
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#71 xincognitopbx

xincognitopbx

Ripper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:22 PM

i didnt read the entire thread, but read enough to know that i want to punch a couple people in the face for makeing false claims about egos...

to preface this... i used to owned a vice and marq6, as well as a nexus ego6 and SL94.... i now currently own a vicious ego11 and an entourage victory....

first off... ego11 tuning... you have to be a complete idiot with tuning an ego11 to think that the only way you can get the gunt o shoot smooth is to put the noid limiters on SLOW... first of all let me explain the noid limiters... the are pretty much adjustable quick exhaust valves... by turning them all the way up you leave the air path un-restricted, which allows the ram to cycle faster... by close off the valve you restrict the air path, which slows down the venting of air used to move the ram, which in turn creates an air cushion that slows down the speed of the ram.... everyone i have seen at my field that complained about a "slow ego11" only adjusted the noid settings... yes, if you simply just tune the noid settings then you will either slow down the cyclic rate of the gun, or you will limit the max velocity you can reach.... here is how you tune an ego11... or at least how i tuned it...

i have my LPR turned down from the stock settings, yet i have my noid limiters turned up... less pressure going to the noid, yes quick venting of air, makes for a very smooth and fast shot... i also lowered my dwell, because i upped my front noid limiter... as well as increased the HPR... now... those that have shot my vego11, or been ont he field iwht me while its shootings... have all comments on how quiet and smooth and fast it is...if you are not a complete retard when it comes to understanding how an ego works, or how to tune them, then you can get any ego to shoot pretty damn smooth, within the limitations of the platform...

as for the victory... i love it... its a great gun, its efficient... its light... and its easy for me to point and shoot... but, here are some of the issues i see with the victory... the shorty reg... its comfortable only in one position when i hold it... and i like to use a gunfighter grip a lot of the time versus a thumb over the barrel grip... the trigger... its not as adjustable or smooth as an ego's trigger... i also am a huge fan of the opto switch... given that you can tune the opto sensor in terms of activation point, release point, %covered to reset and %covered to fire, you can tune an opto switch to be much faster then a micro switch... the stock board... i have been a fan of BL since the release of the vice when they started coming with tadao boards... i jsut dont speak blinky light, so i like a screen for changing player profiles and tuning... speaking of tuning... the ego and victory are on par with each other tuning wise... only its easier to set pressures with the victories tester... but,being a cocker guy, i have no problems tuning an ego like i would a cocker... bu feel and chronograph...

so, that leaves us with sound signiture... ever paid attention to how a victory sounds on the business end of things? it sounds like toned down ar-15.... the last time i played with my victory i had multiple people come ask me what gun i was shooting becuase they heard the thing ont he other side of the field... siad it sounded like real gun fire, jsut quieter... just so you know my LPR is set at 80PSI and the HPR is set at 170-180 depending on field FPS limits... it was an entourage team gun, and i havent messed with the settings yet... i do plan on dropping the LPR to 65-70psi to see if that helps... back on topic... i have been shooting hte vego11 since mid summer, when i returned home form over seas... and every time i took it out i would have people comment on how quiet it was, or how fast it shot for an ego11... and those that i have let shoot my gun, all say its the smoothest stack tube poppet around... so much so that my buddy went out and go a vego11 and is sending it my way to tune...

as for the g6r vs ego11 argument... here is all i have to say about that... out of the box, no tuning, g6r wins hands down... but, a tuned ego11 and a tuned g6r... about the only thing the g6r has ont eh ego11 at that point if the sound signiture... and even them its not much different...

keep in mind that Bob Long guns are marketed toward a player that has all his own equipment and tools and lube and orings and such and is an established player... someone who has been playing for 5 plus years and knows a thing or 2 about maintaining a gun... where as PE markets their stuff to the all inclusive crowd... those that may not have a case, or tools, or a favorite barrel kit... sowhile the guns are similar, keep in mind the demographic that each company is gearing their products towards...

as for ergonomics... which i forgot about up above... i find the victory better for point and shoot... and like it for shorter games... but i think the ego11 is a much more ergonomic gun for extended play... much more comfortable...

I have only one thing to point out here. You say that the ego11 demographic is for the crowds and the BL guns are geared to the established player with his own kits etc. TRUE. but then why doesn't the ego11 come with a tuning manual of some sort kind of like what you did there. I'm talking about extensive tuning, not just do x to noid and this will happen. Clearly the crowds are not going to start messing with dwell, lpr and noid settings without knowing what they are doing.

Basically im trying to say a lot of people that buy an ego11 and don't know the ins and outs to tuning will not have a better gun than say the g6r. I've tuned my fair share of guns, i havent tried messing with three variables on the gun before, dwell, lpr and noid settings can go extremely right, or extremely wrong without proper advice.

Feedback 2/0/0

#72 vzmaniac

vzmaniac

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:24 PM

The Droid was a solid gun. Lots of people loved it. They dont produce it anymore. Because it was crap, and couldnt compete? No, because they need the machine time to make Clones and Drones.

the droid was replaced by the clone they stopped making it because they produced an upgraded better gun.

dye didnt bring out an nt 12 but are still selling the nt11
PE didnt bring out a ego 12 but are still selling the ego 11
bob long didnt bring out a 2012 victory but are still selling v2's and rippers

as i said lack of success due to unpopularity or because of issues with the gun is more than likely a reasoning for not "wasting" machines producing the guns...
DR .P. FAN FOR LIFE YO

#73 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:22 PM

why is there no extensive tuning guide for egos? its becuase most of the people i meet that shoot egos dont rune them... they set the HPR to chrono... and they adjust the ROF and mode on the board... thats it... very rarely will i come across a player that actually tunes an ego... granted you can only tune an ego within its platform limits, so it will only be as smooth or as fast as the platform allows... if you want a smooth ego... get an egox.... if you want a fast ego... get an ego8 or an ego9 without the plank kit... if you want a compromise... get an ego7... if you want a gun you can fully tune to shoot the way you want it to, get an ego11... if you want help tuning any model year ego... jsut ask someone that has extensive knowledge in egos...

if anyone here on techpb wants to learn how to tune their ego, i would be happy to help...
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users