44 replies to this topic

#1 proto godz

proto godz

The paintball beast from the east

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:10 PM

ohk so i was waiting for my game to start when a ref put 2 experienced players on 1 team with new players, then on the other team it was about 3 dads and the smaller kids. So the game had started and off the break you heard one experienced kid with a geo ramp at about 20 bps. So i decided to watch. Then the kid with the geo completely bunkered the little kids shooting full ramp. I just wanted to destroy this kid. Please everyone do not do this to new players especially that young. Please players be nice to the little ones
pm6 cp reg,cp clamping feedneck, cp on/off, new bolt
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=177108

#2 drunkenpriest

drunkenpriest

I relax 8 days a week.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:17 PM

hmmm, 20bps ramp. i dont think the ref would allow that unless he was retarded :mellow:
Posted Image

#3 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

hmmm, 20bps ramp. he was retarded :mellow:

#4 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,627 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

Sounds like Geo man needs a kick in the balls.

I mean really, a Geo?
Posted Image
No but really, he sounds like a total prick if everything you say is true, 20BPS ramp is stupid enough but bunkering 10 year olds is ridiculous.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#5 proto godz

proto godz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:23 AM

hmmm, 20bps ramp. i dont think the ref would allow that unless he was retarded :mellow:

i think the ref wasnt even paying attention

#6 XxLOPERSxX

XxLOPERSxX

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

ohk so i was waiting for my game to start when a ref put 2 experienced players on 1 team with new players, then on the other team it was about 3 dads and the smaller kids. So the game had started and off the break you heard one experienced kid with a geo ramp at about 20 bps. So i decided to watch. Then the kid with the geo completely bunkered the little kids shooting full ramp. I just wanted to destroy this kid. Please everyone do not do this to new players especially that young. Please players be nice to the little ones

When people say paintball is "dying" I think this is one of the things theyre refereing to. First of all if youre ramping at 20BPS,I cant even come up with a word for-just-ughh and bunkering 10 year olds really?? This is the exact reason why so many people are against electros (when the problem is mainly the assholes who misuse them.) Im really curious as to how the father responded *crosses fingers hoping he smashed the geo on the ground*
My Setup- Spyder MR5 with an Invert Halo TOO and a Ninja 49/4500

#7 Hudson

Hudson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:23 PM

Out of curiosity, did the dad and the kids have rentals or what?
-Hudson

#8 ßeast™

ßeast™

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:29 PM

Damm id hit the kid like legit. That F'd Up

#9 proto godz

proto godz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:35 PM

Out of curiosity, did the dad and the kids have rentals or what?

yes they did have rentals and there dad was telling them to walk it off ( i dont think he knows paintball that well) but all the usuals around were yelling at the kid to turn his gun down but he didnt listen

#10 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:39 PM

This is paintball, its gonna happen. Im not saying he was right to do that, but it will happen.

Spoiler

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#11 XxLOPERSxX

XxLOPERSxX

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:07 PM

This is paintball, its gonna happen. Im not saying he was right to do that, but it will happen.

Spoiler

I understand what you mean, but that's like going to a local park and playing tackle football with kids a lot younger than you without any sense of consideration to the fact that theyre younger and smaller than you, and then actually trying as hard as you can while playing. I mean yes bunkering is part of the sport (I feelthat 20BPS cant really be considered part of it, because of restrictions) but I feel like you should know better than to do something like that, especially if this guy cared about the sport. (Because if you care about the sport of paintball , you want it to grow, to grow more people show up to fields, for this to happen you do the best you can to ensure that newcomers have a good time.)

Edited by XxLOPERSxX, 02 January 2012 - 09:08 PM.

My Setup- Spyder MR5 with an Invert Halo TOO and a Ninja 49/4500

#12 proto godz

proto godz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:12 PM

Spoiler

the only thing is , if it was me i really wouldn't care but these are brand new people who have no idea what ramp is or what planet eclipse is.

#13 ThunderLights

ThunderLights

Turbocharged Member

• Members
  • 9,202 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:20 PM

Im pretty sure you heard 15bps and thought it was 20. 15 sounds faster than what it is lol.

#14 SNAKESNIPER

SNAKESNIPER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:26 AM

If they were playing in a game and got shot, what's the problem?
Until you call yourself 'out' or the horn blows to end the game, you're going to get shot at. It sucks that it happened in that way, but that's paintball.

As far as ramping goes? If you're shooting semi, then go ahead. A bit of a dick move for sure, but that's what refs are for. Obviously the ref wasn't doing his job.

#15 imadog

imadog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

Spoiler

It may be part of the game in tournament play (and by may I mean it is). However, in Rec play there is no excuse fot this, not only are these kid's day ruined but this expirence will also never want them to play paintball again. That is why whenever I play with rentals I pull out my pump...

Tippman: Highend Brass Eagle.

#16 naterab

naterab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:48 PM

It may be part of the game in tournament play (and by may I mean it is). However, in Rec play there is no excuse fot this, not only are these kid's day ruined but this expirence will also never want them to play paintball again. That is why whenever I play with rentals I pull out my pump...

QFT

No room for this in recreation play
Zephyr Paintball

For any and all paintball needs

#17 DarkSide

DarkSide

I want that Purple stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:50 PM

I got my 11 year brother into paintball, and the first time he play, the first thing I told him is not to stand back and stay there all day cause some douche will walk up and shoot him from 10 feet. He didn't listen, and guess what happened.
What the 20bps guy did was wrong, very wrong, (are you sure it was 20bps? that sounds ridiculous) but if the kids were in the back of the field (not I'm not sure if they were), then it was honestly a matter of time.
I mean surrender rules should always be followed, and a lot of people do follow them. But a shit load of times that you surrender people, they freak out and shoot you. When this happens I tell them, I'll get off but you have to too, but that is me.
"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

#18 Rob-Juskiewicz-PB

Rob-Juskiewicz-PB

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

I got my 11 year brother into paintball, and the first time he play, the first thing I told him is not to stand back and stay there all day cause some douche will walk up and shoot him from 10 feet. He didn't listen, and guess what happened.
What the 20bps guy did was wrong, very wrong, (are you sure it was 20bps? that sounds ridiculous) but if the kids were in the back of the field (not I'm not sure if they were), then it was honestly a matter of time.
I mean surrender rules should always be followed, and a lot of people do follow them. But a shit load of times that you surrender people, they freak out and shoot you. When this happens I tell them, I'll get off but you have to too, but that is me.

oh my, dont even get me started on the surrender rule Posted Image
it never works!! newbies, experienced players doesn't matter, whenever you yell surrender (the guy is like 10 feet away) he just ends up shooting at you (hurts like hell) and then the ref yells "hey you, your hit, get off the field"
thats how it always happens, the surrender rule is like a last resort for me because of this
Setup - MacDev Cyborg RX, White Virtue Spire, Pure Energy 68/4500

#19 sameagol26

sameagol26

I am BTDeltafan101

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

The surrender rule is hard to follow because most of the time you say surrender the kid turns around and shoots you so in all honesty, unless it's a kid, I shoot the person once anyways... But yeah it was likely 15 bps like Thunder said.
Posted Image
My Youtube Channel --> BTDeltafan101

#20 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:22 PM

I had a day with about 3/4 new players, so I'd go for a surrender every time, even if it meant I'd get shot out. It's polite, especially for the new players. I had this one guy, who thought his woodsball "team" was hot shit and could win a speedball tournament (him and all of his friends rented; one might have owned an up'd BT). He sucked up to EVERY player at the staging area.

I surrendered him during a game, he shot me from 3 feet away, said "You're welcome," and kept playing. After the game, he said, "I never surrender. You're welcome." I was like WTF!? :huh:
Posted Image

#21 Tusken Raider

Tusken Raider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

There was a way to teach these douchebags a lesson back when I was younger. You shoot the shit out of them, you and your guys flat out bitchslap them with as much paint as you can. Same for wipers, and people with hot guns. You give them a taste of their own medicine and they will stop.
27 years of experience. Upcoming purchase TM 15.
Gotcha gun,Splatmaster, Line SI Bushmaster pump,PMI 3, PMI 1 Pump, Level 7 Automag, Original Spyder, Spider Shutter, PGP, Sterling pump

Been there, seen it, done it, saw it.

#22 fejjer1

fejjer1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

ya bunkering some little kids is a dick move but at the same time it has happened to prob everyone in here at one time or another i hate to play devils advocate but this is unfortunatly not an isolated incident in paintball and happens way too often . but i will admit it does make you better as a player anyone that would do that to a couple kids probrably isnt very good anyway just food for thought> alot of the problem is people are not speaking out against it , i am quilty of not acting against it too but in order to get people to like the sport we have to enforce these rules because apparently the refs arent.

#23 death594

death594

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:30 PM

a good thing to do if you see this happen and you dont care if you dont get to play with your group. is you and a couple of your buddies go and play against them with just a hopper while in your nice jersey and pants. shoot off quite a bit of your hopper and just make dumb moves and more or less let the kids win to make them feel better. then have that sence of accomplishment for getting that guy with all the expencive gear out.

#24 Austin_

Austin_

Agg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

Wow , that dude sounds like a complete d**k. theres no need to put 20 shots into two inexperiecend players. Take it easy on them. <_<
An expert at something was once a begineer.
XBL: Slapped In 3D

Feedback+2/0

#25 Robinson45

Robinson45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:43 PM

When I'm playing walkon/ newbie/ rental players. I either use a pump or semi mech cocker or if if I'm feeling really generous I'll let them try out my gun and I'll use their rental 98 just so they can get a feel for high end stuff. It might encourage them to get a better set up. I was actually debating on just buying a Griffin to play rental people. It only seems fair.

Edited by Robinson45, 11 February 2012 - 03:59 PM.

#26 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:15 PM

When I'm playing walkon/ newbie/ rental players. I either use a pump or semi mech cocker or if if I'm feeling really generous I'll let them try out my gun and i'll use their rental 98 just so they cant get a feel for high end stuff. It might encourage them to get a better set up. I was actually debating on just buying a Griffin to play rental people. It only seems fair.

no just buy a kaos its cheaper and isnt a pain to clean out

that sucks theres always those few guys at the field that do that, it happened to me but the ref kicked them out of the field. yeah i was a little older i didnt cry but it still hurt pretty bad. the only reason i came back was because the ref told me it wont happen again
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#27 Robinson45

Robinson45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:00 PM

Thank you for quoting me I just saw all my typos lol. On second thought I'll just stick with the prostock to combat with walk-ons.

#28 grahamstone

grahamstone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

pretty much a disgrace to the sport

#29 spartans300

spartans300

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

these people who bunker little kids are a disgrace to the sport. last time i went there was a group of kids just like this who just lit me up and the other players, they stayed in speedball though so they werent terriozing the new players as much, and i just wanted to put my alias on 30 bps and just bonus ball the crap out of them, the ref was right there too everytime they lit us up but just kidna looked the other way. these stupid little agglets are also the ones who are killing the sport of paintball

#30 santersclawz

santersclawz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

All this talk reminds me of a time when I was about 10 and went on my first or second time to a paintball field, had a cheap mech gun at the time, an while in a game of scenario I somehow ended up being the last person in from my team (mostly from hiding)these two assholes with electrics, bunker me 1 from the front and the other one from the back, the kid in the back put a minimum of 10 shots, mostly on my head and some on my back, while the one from the front got me like 5 times in the chest.. I was about to cry, but with my friends around I had to man up, but it really changed my perspective about paintball for a while... Went like 2 years without playing, but my love for shooting people as a sport kicked in and now I play again ..... Alot
IM 17..IF YOUR UNDER 18 AND PAY FOR YOUR OWN STUFF PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE

#31 iflysuperhi

iflysuperhi

HOLY F-ING PORTING BATMAN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

I don't bunker rentals since the last time I tired it. I aimed for his mask and shot him in the throat .-.

"when some one asks hey you sure you wanna use that pump, i got an ion in the car you can borrow so it's more fair for you, and you respond saying no it's okay i have a dm8 in my trunk but i feel like dominating this game so i'll use this instead."

#32 Plazmaz

Plazmaz

That's What She Said!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

I hate when this happens, saw something like it the other day. It's these people that are ruining the sport.

Cru Paintball, Michigan
Yeah im 12. Come at me bro...

Posted Image

#33 braindead

braindead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

Reminds me of this one vid mike did...

There it is. Good lesson

#34 EmpirePB

EmpirePB

Here. Wipe my balls off your face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

what a prick.. to be honest he should've let them experience hitting someone to get them into the sport

Member of Hooligans D4 Team

#35 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

Maybe it is me, but putting 10 year old kids on a field with experienced older players, wether the dads are there or not, as inconsiderate. You know they don't have the physique or pain tolerance as an adult yet. So why would anyone net them against 15+ old players =/

#36 Shortbuscrew

Shortbuscrew

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,120 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

I wonder how much of this story is blowing out of porportion and actually how much of it is true and false. 20 bps? doubtful, 12.5? most likely. Ramp? maybe, semi? maybe.

I'll believe it when i see it on video, the kid probably got hit 3 times or so.. I see this shit all the time, ill put 20 shots into my hopper and play a game with a pack of renters on both sides in the woods, ill sneak up and pop 2-3 into somebody to make sure atleast one breaks, because the paint here is shit. What do i hear off the field "oh the guy in white just fucking went all full auto on me and shot me like 30 times..." yeah. I had 20 shots to last me the match. No pods, no pack, and a silly 30 round hopper sticking up from my creed. Kind of hard to tell a ref, owner, and others that i'm on full auto(gun doesnt even have full auto). and is limited to 8-10bps semi.
My My Feedback 7/0/0

#37 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:58 AM

i cant believe this dumb thread is still alive. Its not a big deal. Its paintball. Worst case scenario the kid goes home with some bad welts to show off to friends. This happens in paintball all the time. It may not have been right but its not a big deal.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#38 Keeghan98

Keeghan98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:56 PM

At my field they do absolutley nothing about ramping. I constantly see people shooting 20 bps ramp, uncapped ramp, 25 bps full auto and auto response it is so annoying especially how i play fair and just cannot do a thing when people shoot like 10 pods with 20 bps ramp just at me. Then the one time i put my luxe on 25 bps ramp i get yelled at then micked off the field even when i am getting shot at by 20 bps ramp. It is just flat out annoying

#39 7 x

7 x

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

I highly doubt it was 20 bps ramp. I could see 15 and even then when you're in the moment, people bunker kids. It happens...

#40 EnforcePaintball

EnforcePaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

some people have no morals, just because it's not against the rules doesn't mean you should bunker 10 year olds. It's easy to see why paintball is dying when people like this scare all the new players away.

#41 Incze

Incze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Every player needs to be bunkered. But not on their first time. What the hell man. Your using a geo on noobs. Just 1 ball it

#42 ContractKiller11

ContractKiller11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

Well considering he stacked the teams like that, they were all probably butt buddies.
Guns- DM8, Karnivore, BT-4, EGO 6, NightCast, Ion Fully Uped, Geo 2.1

#43 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

Started reading then realized how old this thread was.

602420_508306232582957_760957084_n.jpg

#44 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

this.

Lulzjustacat.png

#45 dannyboy768

dannyboy768

TOMA ABBIATI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

What field was this at?

edit:

SHITT I thought post date was dec 31 2012, not 2011 whoops

Edited by dannyboy768, 04 January 2013 - 08:28 PM.

DIRT CHEAP CF Tanks in Hydro!

http://shop.swapmytank.com/

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users