16 replies to this topic

#1 smoke14

smoke14

One Flew Over

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:37 PM

It seems that my body has become so accustomed to Jack3d that I need to take 3 to even 4 scoops to even get a kick from it. Does anyone reccommend a different pre-workout supplement, maybe something with a little more kick? Thanks.

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,984 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:50 PM

I'd say avoid workout "supplements" all together. Besides, on Jack3d's own website, it says to "Use With Caution Under Strict Dosing Protocols." I'm pretty sure more than one scoop is moving past that. What you're experiencing is similar to drug addicts who have to keep using more and more each time because their receptors are growing accustomed to the dosage.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 01 January 2012 - 01:50 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#3 smoke14

smoke14

One Flew Over

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:56 PM

Oh boy that doesn't sound good :o well thanks for telling me that I should probalbly dump what's left..

#4 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,917 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:59 PM

Don't worry about supplements, just workout and keep a strict healthy diet and that will be plenty fine. We've survived and been healthy for thousands of years without supplements by getting everything we need from our food and environment. So why change it now, when we obviously don't need supplements?

#5 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:49 PM

<br>It seems that my body has become so accustomed to Jack3d that I need to take 3 to even 4 scoops to even get a kick from it. Does anyone reccommend a different pre-workout supplement, maybe something with a little more kick? Thanks.<br>

<br><br>1. Your supposed to cycle jack3d. 1 month on two weeks off<br><br>2. Your body has become accustomed to caffeine (because you failed to read the label and follow directions)

<div><br></div><div><br></div><div><span style="color: rgb(44, 43, 42); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; text-align: left; ">Stir 3 Ultra-Concentrated scoops with 4-8 ounces of cold water and consume 30-45 minutes before beginning activity. Due to extreme potency, it's highly recommended to assess tolerance by using a 1.5 scoop serving before consuming full dose, especially if you are sensitive to stimulants. Some individuals may find 1, 1.5 or 2 scoops per serving is the ideal dose for workout domination. DO NOT EXCEED 3 SCOOPS IN ANY 24 HOUR PERIOD</span>
</div>

Edited by drexler, 01 January 2012 - 04:51 PM.

#6 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:31 AM

holy shit, yea dood you're building up a tolerance to the caffeine

not good

Slowly wean yourself off of it, I wouldn't go cold turkey because you'll probably suffer withdrawal symptoms, such as irritability, headaches, etc

I would go natural for a few weeks to cycle off it. Let your body get accustomed to not having the caffeine hit, then if you desire cycle back on it. Just because caffeine is an "over the counter" drug, doesn't mean that it can't screw you up pretty bad if abused. At this point, if you're taking 3+ scoops of it, that's borderline abuse.

Get off it, see how your body adjusts going natural, and go from there.

#7 smoke14

smoke14

One Flew Over

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

Thanks for all the advice guys. I'm going to stay off the supplements for a good few weeks and see how that goes; After all, I'm looking to improve my health, not endanger it. Thanks again!

#8 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

Don't take any supps then. Protien powder and creatine are the only things I'll ever recommend to people.

#9 Nolan Clemons

Nolan Clemons

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:47 PM

personaly, i have no issue with using preworkout sups. If you use them like it says, you're going to be fine. As far as jack3d is concerned, i have used it in the past, and will use it in the future, it's a great preworkout and is cheap. Right now, i'm using 1MR (one more rep) and it's a kick in the ass before hitting the gym. Jack3d is great, but it's not the only thing you need to take if you're trying to lean up, drop bad lbs / gain good lbs. You should take some monohydrate creatine (up to 20grams a day) and if i remember correctly, jack3d has around 5 grams in it. You should also be drinking close to a 1-1.5+ gallons of water daily depending on your current body weight to keep your system flushed and clean. The most important thing about fitness is nutrition, just ask anyone who takes it seriously. You work much harder outside the gym than you do inside it. (that dosnt' mean to be a nancy in the gym!) Clean up your diet, eat lots of protein (chicken gets boring, eat some tuna and other meats, dont burn yourself out!) and stick with it! Hit all your muscle groups, most people don't do legs, but Squats are natures steroids, they're a MUST.

Sups to avoide are things like fat burners, and "stacks," you dont need anything along those lines. They will put some mass on you, but generally it isn't maintained after you run out of the product, and is a lot of "bad" mass and do more harm to your system then good.
Get dunked, nooblord.

#10 Austin_

Austin_

Agg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:45 PM

I use 2 scoops of NO E.X.P.L.O.D.E before I work out and once I'm done working out , I drink whey protein . (2 scoops).
An expert at something was once a begineer.
XBL: Slapped In 3D

Feedback+2/0

#11 Nolan Clemons

Nolan Clemons

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:13 PM

<BR>I use 2 scoops of NO E.X.P.L.O.D.E before I work out and once I'm done working out , I drink whey protein . (2 scoops).<BR>

<BR><BR><BR>may want to cut back to one scoop of protein per shake, you will tend to piss out a lot of it if you go over 1-1.5 scoops at a time.
Get dunked, nooblord.

#12 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:54 PM

DS CRAZE IS AMAZING IVE HEARD ITS WAYYY BETTER THAN JACK3D
OFWGKTA

#13 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,984 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

DS CRAZE IS AMAZING IVE HEARD ITS WAYYY BETTER THAN JACK3D

You don't have to yell, we can all hear you fine.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#14 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:17 PM

Pre workout sups are crap in my opinion. When it actually matters (in a fight for instance) are you going to tell the guy, hold on. Let me take my supps then wait 30 minutes. Ok, now we can fight.

#15 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:00 AM

I find jack3d tends to "over-caffiene" me, even with one scoop. I feel twitchy and nervous.

I definitely like DS Craze, except it makes my mouth EXTREMELY dry when I'm working out. Less of a caffeine hit, more of a "focus". I don't use more than 2 or 3 scoops per week, just when I'm short on sleep or really light from cutting out carbs that day.

It also doesn't "crash" me later on the day like jack3d does.

#16 BillNyePBGuy

BillNyePBGuy

If you dont get it, you're Sofa Kingdom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:14 AM

Definitely dont cold turkey. Wean yourself off. I dont take anything other than a healthy diet. If theres even the chance for a substance dependance issue i dont want it. Thats why i generally shy away from unnecessary medicines as well. If you dont have the energy to work out, you need to be eating better. Also, caffeine's main effect isnt in giving you energy, just in inhibiting the sensors that tell your body you're tired. Thats why there is sometimes a crash, there is backup of the chemical that does tell you youre tired.

Overall, i would recommend laying off supplements altogether. The only one i would consider is a natural protein supplement after the workout if youre really trying to build muscle mass for a weight-driven sport. Otherwise, youre just adding more mass for your body to move. True athleticism comes from having a high strength/mass ratio. If you build muscle mass as you build muscle strength, you dont gain anything. Years ago, i used to take protein and do full-out strength training. I weighed 170 pounds (a gain of 20 punds in the 5 months i started working out) and could lat pulldown 230. However, i could only do 6-7 pull ups. I stopped doing strength training and moved on to purely bodyweight exercises. Now i weigh 175 am much more cut, and can hit 25+ pull ups. If you need mass and pure strength, then protein and high weight low rep is for you. If not, i highly recommend bodyweight exercises.
My Sale Thread: Tank, Ion, Automag, Ion Virtue, T2W, Remote Coil

Check out Pimped Out Paintball for used markers, hoppers, other equipment and maintenance services! Our tech has been in paintball forever and knows his stuff! If you have any questions about the site please feel free to call the listed number!

#17 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:47 PM

I find jack3d tends to "over-caffiene" me, even with one scoop. I feel twitchy and nervous.

I definitely like DS Craze, except it makes my mouth EXTREMELY dry when I'm working out. Less of a caffeine hit, more of a "focus". I don't use more than 2 or 3 scoops per week, just when I'm short on sleep or really light from cutting out carbs that day.

It also doesn't "crash" me later on the day like jack3d does.

You know Jack3d can cause ED in some people Posted Image

The 1-3 dimethylamylamine does it.

Edited by drexler, 02 February 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#18 SavageSnipes

SavageSnipes

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

do not take jack3d. it contains 1,3 dimethylamylamine

shrinks your dick. seriously. take no-xplode instead

Pre workout sups are crap in my opinion. When it actually matters (in a fight for instance) are you going to tell the guy, hold on. Let me take my supps then wait 30 minutes. Ok, now we can fight.

wait what? what the hell are you talking about? when did fighting come into play? this is about throwing up iron, not fisticuffs

Edited by SavageSnipes, 04 February 2012 - 08:43 PM.

#19 MIA1PBALLER

MIA1PBALLER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:12 AM

the best preworkout i have used is C4. i have used similar products such as jack3D and hemorage.

wait what? what the hell are you talking about? when did fighting come into play? this is about throwing up iron, not fisticuffs

#20 raven_op

raven_op

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

honeslt, if caffiene wasnt so ingrained into everyday society, it would be considered an illegal substance and it would be controlled. hell caffiene can be as hard to quit as smoking lol
edit: also, if you actually stop taking caffiene, you might feel shitty for a week or two, but you'll find yourself feeling way better then when you didnt drink it. ask anyone who has been drinking coffee and stopped and i bet they will tell you that. caffiene is a drug your body will crave and will make you feel un-normal when you do not have it.

try it, quit it for a month and see how you feel. caffiene isnt something you need and therefore it's a crutch. if you started to think of caffiene as a weakness you will start to develop an ill feeling for it and i would place a sum of money that you will feel better than you ever had taking that shit on a regular basis.

Edited by raven_op, 11 February 2012 - 10:45 PM.

#21 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

The point that I was making was that in a situation where physical effort comes into play. You won't have time to use them. Better to train without them in my opinion.

#22 SavageSnipes

SavageSnipes

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:10 AM

The point that I was making was that in a situation where physical effort comes into play. You won't have time to use them. Better to train without them in my opinion.

if you come across a threatening situation in real life your body makes its own pre workout. it's called adrenaline. doing squats and military press in the gym isn't enough to cause a release of a natural stimulant like that.

if you're working out why wouldn't you take advantage of a pws? increased blood flow equals a better pump and more nutrients delivered to the muscles. along with increased focus and energy. i see no downside to them.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users