8 replies to this topic

#1 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,904 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:24 PM

Hey guys me my neighbor and one of his friends want to start a beginner lever 3 man team. Were all self equipped high quality stuff. Axe, Etek, and G4 as well as all the other stuff we need to play. We have played Rec Ball together for a few years and want to give a tourney a shot. Out of everyone I probably have the most experience.Respectively were 17 me 16 Neighbor and 15 Friend.

So from the research I've done we need to play in the NEPL D4 3 Man RookieDoes anyone have further Information on how to start a team or tips for playing 3 man? This is kinda new to me and other than big scenario games and walk on days at the speedball field this is well above my head.Any advice is appreciated and any helpful advice and guidance is much appreciated.

Posted Image Thanks Guys and Happy new Year!

Also here is a link to the NEPL website http://www.thenepl.com

Our team name is going to be American Dynasty (Real Original) SMH

Edited by bigx, 02 January 2012 - 06:54 AM.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#2 paintballmasta

paintballmasta

Junior Member cuz i got 3 stars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:32 PM

Hey guys me my neighbor and one of his friends want to start a beginner lever 3 man team. Were all self equipped high quality stuff. Axe, Etek, and G4 as well as all the other stuff we need to play. We have played Rec Ball together for a few years and want to give a tourney a shot. Out of everyone I probably have the most experience.Respectively were 17 me 16 Neighbor and 15 Friend.

So from the research I've done we need to play in the NEPL D4 3 Man RookieDoes anyone have further Information on how to start a team or tips for playing 3 man? This is kinda new to me and other than big scenario games and walk on days at the speedball field this is well above my head.Any advice is appreciated and any helpful advice and guidance is much appreciated.

Posted Image Thanks Guys and Happy new Year!

Also here is a link to the NEPL website http://www.thenepl.com

Our team name is going to be American Dynasty (Real Original) SMH

Watch Mike's video on 3 man strategies. That will give you a good idea on how to play 3 man. D4 is going to be fairly easy, so it won't be extreme and paint flying out you, + its 3 man so its going to be a pretty slow game. Change your name please, think about it if you ever want to practice with dynasty (most likely wont happen) they are gonna be like wtf. So just make it something cool not a copy name

Current Setup: Ego 11, Empire Prophecy, Ninja 68/4500

BACKUP LOADERS RULE!

#3 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,904 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

i tried telling the kid who had the idea that but he was like no i like it...
and thanks

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

#4 paintballmasta

paintballmasta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:03 PM

i tried telling the kid who had the idea that but he was like no i like it...
and thanks

no problem

BACKUP LOADERS RULE!

#5 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,904 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:30 PM

I was thinking La famiglia which means "The Family" in Italian and go for like a 1920s gangster thing.

Or The Honey Badgers which are just badass

Or my favorite Stalin's Sharpshooters Gettin a lill Russian Legion Legion Vibe

Or The Holy Hand Grenades!

Edited by bigx, 02 January 2012 - 06:36 PM.

#6 paintballmasta

paintballmasta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

I was thinking La famiglia which means "The Family" in Italian and go for like a 1920s gangster thing.

Or The Honey Badgers which are just badass

Or my favorite Stalin's Sharpshooters Gettin a lill Russian Legion Legion Vibe

Or The Holy Hand Grenades!

I like Sharpshootin Badgers

BACKUP LOADERS RULE!

#7 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,904 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:21 PM

Lol maybe sounds nice but it dosent roll of the tounge

#8 paintballmasta

paintballmasta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

i also like "vibe of hell"

BACKUP LOADERS RULE!

#9 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,904 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:22 AM

We settled on the "Rainbow Bubble Gum Death Ponies" Lmao jk jk but is was in the running haha were goin with La Famigila

#10 theangryelf

theangryelf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

I used to play NEPL with my buddies a couple of years ago before I went on a paintball hiatus because of money but now I'm back. Anyways, the NEPL is just pure utter chaos. Not to mention every team I came across for the most part were dicks and thought they were dynasty. Competition was tough and each time I played there were at least 16 teams in the 3 mans. You also need to purchase an APPA id and I believe those went up in price since the last time I played tourny.I heard Fox 4 does 3 man tourny's and they also don't require an APPA id to play.

In terms of 3 man strategy, Mike's tips would have gotten you absolutely smoked in the NEPL. The Snake plays such a crucial role on their layouts that if you are able to get a man safely in the snake and shoot out your back can thats laning your snake, its pretty much game over and you can run that whole tape.

Words for thought

#11 invictus

invictus

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

register your team on paintball-players.org, and register for some local tourneys, pay the entrance fee with paypal, or some tourneys allow you to pay entrance at the event, then show up for the tournament. It's as simple as that.

Edited by invictus, 17 April 2012 - 03:51 PM.

#12 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,904 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

I just want to go and have some fun I hate how unbalanced rec play is, just trying to get a little more serious Ive been working like non stop for the past few months and have quite a bit saved up for a good summers worth of paintball :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users