15 replies to this topic

#1 obft

obft

Bringing Sexy Back

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:37 AM

I have wanted an axe for quite a long time, but have recently discovered the macdev for about $100 extra. Is this extra money worth it?

#2 paintballmasta

paintballmasta

Junior Member cuz i got 3 stars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:51 AM

meh depends are going to damage ur marker a little? If you are get the axe. If you know how to take care of paintball markers the drone
Current Setup: Ego 11, Empire Prophecy, Ninja 68/4500

BACKUP LOADERS RULE!

#3 SNAKESNIPER

SNAKESNIPER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:06 AM

In other words, the Axe is durable, the Drone isn't.

#4 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:09 AM

A marker is durable if it's maintained properly.

Like, take a look at my trilogy, it looks like a pile of shit. But it works.
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#5 Russian Legion Fan

Russian Legion Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:54 PM

Personally I'd take the Drone in a heartbeat over the Axe.

#6 Striker

Striker

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:59 PM

the Drone is REALLY kicky for a spool....i love the axe, it's a great marker

#7 obft

obft

Bringing Sexy Back

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:32 PM

I think im leaning towards the drone because from what ive seen, the bolt looks simpler. With the one gun I have had, I've earned the title of "That Guy Who Breaks Stuff When He Tries To Maitenance It." It only broke because i was being stupid, but this time I'll only take it apart if i need to, where as with my blitz, I was dissecting it to see how it works. Are there any significant differences in the boards of the guns?

#8 vzmaniac

vzmaniac

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

maybe an etha???

its cheaper than both... more reliable and has a full colour manual to making maintaining easier... it has more bolt parts than the drone but less orings..... and its backed up by PE customer service so if you do break it they will help you fix it in a flash.... empire also has good CS but macdevs CS is dogshit
DR .P. FAN FOR LIFE YO

#9 darkshocker11

darkshocker11

was the cake really a lie?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:51 PM

maybe an etha???

its cheaper than both... more reliable and has a full colour manual to making maintaining easier... it has more bolt parts than the drone but less orings..... and its backed up by PE customer service so if you do break it they will help you fix it in a flash.... empire also has good CS but macdevs CS is dogshit

How do you know that the etha is more reliable? It's only been out for like a month now.

Why did it take so long to make a Shocker with the spring stock?

#10 hogzilla88

hogzilla88

Something about narwhals...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:38 PM

How do you know that the etha is more reliable? It's only been out for like a month now.

Because it says Planet Eclipse on the side Posted Image

#11 vzmaniac

vzmaniac

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

maybe an etha???

2. i saw an etha being used at a recent tourney by a snake player.... the conditions were best described as "monsoon" weather, alot of mud and water.a fresh out of the box etha with no tuning or any other tlc worked the whole weekend without fail or issue. same with all the other planet eclipse guns that were used.... i cannot say the same of other brands

if a gun can survive a snake player literally throwing it into the mud game after game for 2 days straight without a hiccup i think it could take nearly anything thrown at it

Because it says Planet Eclipse on the side Posted Image

not sure if smart ass comment or not... but yes.... planet eclipse guns are WELL known for their reliability apart from the ego 09 (which was very quickly remedied) they have produced guns that are commonly refferred to as the "ak47's" of paintball guns

so yes planet eclipse on the side = good reliabilty

Edited by vzmaniac, 03 January 2012 - 08:38 PM.

DR .P. FAN FOR LIFE YO

#12 obft

obft

Bringing Sexy Back

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:13 PM

I don't really want an etha. It's a good gun, but ALL of my friends have PE guns and and it lacks individuality.

#13 vzmaniac

vzmaniac

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

I don't really want an etha. It's a good gun, but ALL of my friends have PE guns and and it lacks individuality.

that is of course your choice but that arguement has always amused me and confused me. for the following reasons

1. if all your freinds have a certain type of gun theres generally a reason for it.... there is a small chance they are simply "fanboys" but as a rule popularity of a gun at the local level is due to it being a tried and tested platform that works well.

2. there is a good chance if all your freinds have Pe guns that not only will they know of places to get parts or have spare parts but also know how to contact the company directly and have had previous experience with the company theres a good chance they will also know how to fix any issues or know where the quickest way to get info to fix a broken gun

i personally have no problem if someone wants another brand of gun because they like the features that the gun comes with etc... thats personal preferance and is the right of everyone... but to be honest i think its silly to not get a gun because "everyone else has it" individuality is no good to you when your sitting in the pits doing a painful troubleshooting with a marker and no one has spares or can help you because you have got a gun no one else has got/used/owned.

my 2c :)
DR .P. FAN FOR LIFE YO

#14 obft

obft

Bringing Sexy Back

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:17 AM

that is of course your choice but that arguement has always amused me and confused me. for the following reasons

1. if all your freinds have a certain type of gun theres generally a reason for it.... there is a small chance they are simply "fanboys" but as a rule popularity of a gun at the local level is due to it being a tried and tested platform that works well.

2. there is a good chance if all your freinds have Pe guns that not only will they know of places to get parts or have spare parts but also know how to contact the company directly and have had previous experience with the company theres a good chance they will also know how to fix any issues or know where the quickest way to get info to fix a broken gun

i personally have no problem if someone wants another brand of gun because they like the features that the gun comes with etc... thats personal preferance and is the right of everyone... but to be honest i think its silly to not get a gun because "everyone else has it" individuality is no good to you when your sitting in the pits doing a painful troubleshooting with a marker and no one has spares or can help you because you have got a gun no one else has got/used/owned.

my 2c :)

Individuality is important to me, just my nature. Besides, the etha only comes in black. My current, only, and first gun is black and it's very dull. As a more practical reason for wanting the macdev over the etha, the macdev has an extremely simple bolt to take apart.

#15 SNAKESNIPER

SNAKESNIPER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:31 AM

If you want a simple bolt to take apart, get the Axe.

Oh but wait, someone else might have one!

You're gonna be wasting lots of time/money being an "individual". Get what works, not what's "different".

(BTW most people who are individuals get that way from having a genuinely different point of view, not from trying to be "different" for the sake of being different. I understand wanting others to see you as an individual, but choose your battles wisely.)

Edited by SNAKESNIPER, 04 January 2012 - 07:36 AM.

#16 Mrob1995

Mrob1995

I have 3 dots now!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:21 AM

I haven't had any personal experience with the macdev but people generally like it. The axe is a fantastic marker with the best shot in its price range IMO. I would say that no matter what marker u get u should definitely pul the bolt out, clean off the old lube, then apply new lube. It will leave the marker in a lot better of shape. I love the axe, the thing shoots great and if u ever feel like upgrading, most people accept axe + cash in a trade. The axe has more chance for upgrade later on.
Like grasscity for paintball

Luxe 2.0 / SLS / CCM'd Dye Reflex / Carter Buzzard

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users