#1 m4ndark

m4ndark

Heart is what wins tournaments - Fraige

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:48 AM

Hello guys, so here the situation is:
iam joining on a team and i really want to make a play where we double stack the back center right off the break.
i just want know if double stacking works great, and how we will do this, for exemple:

Who will stack with the back center? Corner guy? Front guy?
After lanning, when it is time to bump? bump to where? insert bunkers or right to the corner ( if its the corner guy ) or right to d1/s1 ( if its front guy ) ?
Running and gunning? Or it is too risky? Iam thinking if it worth to, since if we didnt get a G off the break, they will already have somebody on S1/D1 and my team dont, so they already have best field advantage, what do you think?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by m4ndark, 04 January 2012 - 07:51 AM.

Gewn Owners * Rotor Syndicate * HK Army Collective
Brazil- passionate baller

#2 PeanutWing

PeanutWing

Sleepy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:22 AM

Double stacking is okay, but don't plan on doing it in PSP or NPPL layouts, as they are leaning more towards having a can as the home bunker.

If you do double stack, make sure if you are sending in a snake player that he has someone defending him. You cannot leave snake players alone. So either a bunker near the highway, or back right. Your choice.

#3 epikfailpaintball

epikfailpaintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:40 AM

Actually PSP layouts most of the time DONT have a can as their back center anymore. Doubling up is just to get the guy some extra time to shoot his/her lane to try and get a G.

If you were to do this make sure your guys can stay calm and not expose too much of themselves when shooting. That back center gets small REALLY quick if you cant hold the other teams progression.

As to where to run? that is up to you. Besides off break it is hard to stick to a plan on the field. Sometimes you have to stop short of you initial bunker to not get shot. Sometimes the other team will leave a side wide open and you can go straight to snake 4 haha

OH! and one more thing. When you are running, try to keep your eyes upfield rather than at the bunker you are running to.

hope this helped!

#4 m4ndark

m4ndark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:43 AM

Edited by m4ndark, 10 January 2012 - 12:16 PM.

#5 m4ndark

m4ndark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:48 AM

Actually PSP layouts most of the time DONT have a can as their back center anymore. Doubling up is just to get the guy some extra time to shoot his/her lane to try and get a G.

If you were to do this make sure your guys can stay calm and not expose too much of themselves when shooting. That back center gets small REALLY quick if you cant hold the other teams progression.

As to where to run? that is up to you. Besides off break it is hard to stick to a plan on the field. Sometimes you have to stop short of you initial bunker to not get shot. Sometimes the other team will leave a side wide open and you can go straight to snake 4 haha

OH! and one more thing. When you are running, try to keep your eyes upfield rather than at the bunker you are running to.

hope this helped!

Yes this really helped,
i see, moving to the bunker will be diferent each game since you said its true, if no one is shooting D1, the guy can go straight to D1, not stopping on insert bunkers.

thanks!
also, thanks PeanutWing

Edited by m4ndark, 04 January 2012 - 11:51 AM.

#6 epikfailpaintball

epikfailpaintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:22 PM

hope this helped!

Yes this really helped,
i see, moving to the bunker will be diferent each game since you said its true, if no one is shooting D1, the guy can go straight to D1, not stopping on insert bunkers.

thanks!
also, thanks PeanutWing

No problem at all! Posted Image

#7 m4ndark

m4ndark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:17 PM

up,
ANY MORE HELP?

#8 Rollieelmo

Rollieelmo

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:21 PM

One time me and another guy on my pump team joined a walk-on game to even the teams. We both played back center and it worked out pretty well.
Rockin' Cocks Revolution
MCB Feedback - Techpb feedback - PBN Feedback

#9 DrewaV

DrewaV

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:40 AM

Lol double stack :D:P i don't know much of airball so free up to the top for help!

#10 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

it all depends on what you wanna do. i saw Dynasty TRIPLE STACK home just to get the first G..... and once they did, two broke out to their bunkers. so if you accomplish what you want (usually getting an elimination on one side), then you're good.

try it in practice, you'll find out real quick if it works or not. :)

Edited by Hebiki, 12 January 2012 - 03:16 PM.

Posted Image
Professional Web & Graphic Designer | Web Development

Converting your ideas into a graphic reality and giving it a web presence - Contact me | Facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks

#11 kfarns

kfarns

The Creed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:19 PM

We'll double up on occasion, me as a mid player with 1 of our back guys. The trick is for the 2 guys that are going to do it to practice how they will do it. What we do is that because our back player is 6 foot 4 and I am only 5 foot 11, I will play as low as possible and as tight at possible, leaning hard into home, to allow him to play in a crouch slightly above me and a little farther back. Its the only way that two people really can fit.

Communication is key, because one time our back player wasn't at an event and we tried to do the same thing with me playing as back, with our other mid guy playing as me, but we were both used to trying to play low and tight, and were fighting over who got to be the low close guy. Total disaster.

As for if it is a good idea to double stack or not, it really depends on the field layout more so than anything else, as well as what your game plan is going in.

#12 Kirko017

Kirko017

Say no to drugs!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:53 AM

Hello guys, so here the situation is:
iam joining on a team and i really want to make a play where we double stack the back center right off the break.
i just want know if double stacking works great, and how we will do this, for exemple:

After lanning, when it is time to bump? bump to where? insert bunkers or right to the corner ( if its the corner guy ) or right to d1/s1 ( if its front guy ) ?
Running and gunning? Or it is too risky? Iam thinking if it worth to, since if we didnt get a G off the break, they will already have somebody on S1/D1 and my team dont, so they already have best field advantage, what do you think?

Thanks in advance!

Double stacking works well. It depends on what the purpose of the play is on who goes where.

Here is a quick example of one way to run a double stack:
Green marks are where the players go off break. Blue lines lead to a secondary spot that player can go to.
As you can see the 2nd player in the back center doesn't have a designated secondary spot. He should decide which side to go to and which bunker as the game goes on. If you lose a guy off the dorito side, he needs to move there later after the first guy fills out there. If you drop someone off the snake side. He should fill out to that cake or the snake corner. Cake is a safer bump. Then he can always go to the corner or god from there depending on how the game breaks down. And vice versa for the dorito side.

Posted Image

To answer some of the other questions you asked:

Usually the back guys double stack. Keep your front guys out of there so they can try and move up the field.

After lanning, when it is time to bump? bump to where?
First guy should bump out to his secondary bunker right after the other team's player runs through his lane. In this instance the mini race or maya temple. The second guy in the back center needs to bump out after the first guy goes to make sure he makes it in. If the first guy gets shot bumping the second guy needs to try and do what his job was. If his buddy bumps out and makes it, the second guy should play like he would as if he was the only one in the back center.

bump to where? insert bunkers or right to the corner ( if its the corner guy ) or right to d1/s1 ( if its front guy ) ?
The bunker you bump to depends on what you want to achieve. The farther away you go, the more time the other team has to pick you up and shoot a lane in front of that bunker you are heading to. Small, less risky bumps tend to be better. You will generally see players try to make a huge run, get shot, and be out when he could of just made a little bump and be in the game still.
So you typically don't want your front snake player or front dorito player stacking up and doing big runs to get to the snake or doritos while people are in their bunkers already rolling their guns. And he probably won't make it into the s1 or d1 before the game ends doing small bumps out to them from the back center.

Running and gunning? Or it is too risky?
Running and gunning out of the back center is fine. Especially if you're doing little bumps. If you are running to the corner from the back center, you might want to just run before you get picked up and shot. But you can also get away with running and gunning if you know what you're doing. Decision you would just have to make in game.

Iam thinking if it worth to, since if we didnt get a G off the break, they will already have somebody on S1/D1 and my team dont, so they already have best field advantage, what do you think?
Honestly their team having someone in s1 or d1. It isn't that much of a field advantage for them, you should be able to handle them fine if they are in those spots. Not until s2 or d2 do they start to get field advantage and really get any cross field shots on people.
But one of the main purposes of the double stack is to have a lanner shooting each side of the field to eliminate their players trying to get out wide to the d1, s1, or the corners off the break so your team can get out wide and up the doritos/snake before them.So if you're shooting effective lanes they shouldn't be making it into d1 or s1 and potentially getting the field advantage on you.

Edited by Kirko017, 18 January 2012 - 11:08 AM.

Kent State University Paintball Club
The University of Akron Paintball Club

Eminence

Paintball gear for sale!

#13 m4ndark

m4ndark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:52 AM

Thanks guys,
especially you Kirko017 for the awesome explanation.

Posted Image for techpb family!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users