No replies to this topic

#1 aka Mich

aka Mich

Ohana PB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:21 PM

So I'm not a regular poster here but I hope you don't read this and dismiss it as some random noob. I've already posted this on the X7OG where I'm a moderator and MCB so hopefully you guys realize I have some credibility not to mention it's for a good cause. To make a long story short I have a good friend that means a lot to me that has had kidney issues the majority of her life. She has already had one kidney transplant that failed less than a year later and is currently waiting for a second transplant all before her 25th B-Day which was Friday. I doubt there will be a line of paintballers eagerly willing to give up a kidney for a pretty girl (oh did I mention she's a pretty girl) nor am I soliciting this for her to funnel money into the charity she has set up for this unless you believe in what she's doing and you truly want to support it. So far since I posted this last Thursday on the X7OG and MCB, 4 people have contacted her about donating a kidney and at least 2 of them have been paintballers that saw my post.

All I'm really asking is that after you read about this and read her story, pass it on to someone. Tell a friend, a co-worker, your mechanic, even that homeless guy on the corner of the street who gives you funny looks. I'm sure she isn't the only one that need the help so awareness will go a long way. Maybe if we're lucky one of you somewhere knows a person that has the cajones to step up and be her donor, who knows. Maybe one of you out there is Bill Gate's neighbor and showing this to him gets him all sentimental and he makes it his life goal to cure what she and others like her are suffering from. Hell, how many people do you have following you on Facebook or Twitter, put it up on there to get the word out. Even if you're not a match for her there are plenty of others that need a kidney.

Anyway, thanks for reading and feel free to comment, discuss, pass this on, whatever you feel like doing after reading this thread.

A Kidney for Jes

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users