12 replies to this topic

#1 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

Been here since the beginning!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:18 PM

I am not much of a airball person. My field only has airball sunday, and rentals are included.

I can only go saturday also. The one time I did play, it was bad. It wasn't like mikes vids of ranom people shooting lanes, but I was still scared shitless. Afraid to get shot from a foot away and me having a chest protector doesn't help.

We have this big game where all fields are connected. This highly exp player come up, when I got 3 bounces on him with my pump, and from 7 to 9 feet, lights my head up. I was thinking, if everybody does this, I'm done. He could have 1 balled me or asked me to surrendur like the rules said. He kind of traumatized me to never try it again and I want to.

Anybody know to get over this fear?

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#2 209pballer

209pballer

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:10 AM

pretty simple toughen up, get lit up your first time, ya hurts like a bitch, happens again you realize it isn't as bad, pretty soon you'll be the one lighting up the experienced guys and they'll be the one's fearing you.

To sum it up gotta get used to it just go out there and keep playing, i've had times where i got shot in the head repeatedly and my whole body went numb but i recovered and 5 minutes later was back out on the field. Once you block out the mental fear of getting shot alot there's really nothing to it

Monsterballs were created as a self-defense projectile, but were accidentally labelled as paintballs when they came out of production, since this mistake 5 recorded deaths have been related to people getting shot by monsterballs :)

[Govinda] im like that unstable fuck that rocks back and forth in his i love myself jacket

#3 naterab

naterab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:26 AM

The first time I played, something along those lines happened as well. I almost never played Speedball again.

You realize that everyone is not like that, though. And eventually when it does happen again, it's not as bad at all.

So I would say give it a try again, because not everyone who plays Speedball lights people up,I promise.
Zephyr Paintball

For any and all paintball needs

#4 PeanutWing

PeanutWing

Sleepy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:38 PM

We try not to do that here... Because as soon as someone does that, they get marked as a prick, and we love to switch it around on them...

#5 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:45 PM

Ok cool, I was just wondering. I don't play a lot and I am able to drive now. Maybe I can ball on Sundays. Is it normal for me to have a year sometimes? I think I have a high pain sensitivity....

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#6 THEJIMSTERNESS

THEJIMSTERNESS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:55 AM

Ok cool, I was just wondering. I don't play a lot and I am able to drive now. Maybe I can ball on Sundays. Is it normal for me to have a year sometimes? I think I have a high pain sensitivity....

Posted Image

#7 staggerlax27

staggerlax27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:19 AM

Well it'll stop hurting but people shoot so much because theirs so many cheaters in speedball! Eventually you'll stand up from getting shot and a stream of paintballs will catch u then you'll see it on camera and itll look awesome

Well it'll stop hurting but people shoot so much because theirs so many cheaters in speedball! Eventually you'll stand up from getting shot and a stream of paintballs will catch u then you'll see it on camera and itll look awesome
OffTheBreakPaintball LOOK US UP ON YOUTUBE

#8 Panda_With_Guns

Panda_With_Guns

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:37 PM

Sometimes you gotta let the pain just wash over you until your body releases the adrenaline and endorphins to make you feel better. It wasn't until I played paintball for a good year before I was able to get over the pain and enjoy the painkillers your body naturally produces(endorphins).

Posted Image

#9 Devin Bailey

Devin Bailey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

It hurt more because you weren't expecting it. Think about this: That is probably the worst thing that can happen right? and now it doesn't even seem like that big of a deal. All you gotta do is go out there and don't be afraid to get shot. Just shoot or bunker them before they get you.

I play pump on a regular basis against usually 5 people with semis at my park. I do just as good as the rest of the guys because I just get in there and get them before they get me.

Once you get the fact that "That's the worst that can happen. This isn't even that big of a deal" then your good to go and you can get out there and hold your own against semi players even when your using a pump.

#10 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:07 PM

That is very true, plus that was 2 years ago. I haven't played in a year due to family issues, but once i get my permit, or even license in July, im ballin every weekend. I think i need to get used to it.

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#11 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:35 AM

I play in a long sleeve t shirt and under armor heat gear I dont feel to much pain hits anymore unless i get bunkered once you get used to it, you will be just fine!

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#12 firl21

firl21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:52 PM

this one guy that has balls used a sling shot at a air ball field.

HE HAD BALLS

#13 ikik32

ikik32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

worry about shooting other people and not about getting shot. that should work
I'M NOT A PART OF THIS SYSTEM!!!

#14 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

No one wants to use the surrender rule its the best way to get bonus balled by children... You call for them to surrender you end up shot in several not to plesant places so I just disreguard that rule...

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#15 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

sadly thats how it is apparently. i played with this kid at brew city one time, he felt the need to shoot you at least 12 times before you go out. thats why i barely ever do speedball, but i will do hyper ball, because the people that play hyperball at my field are probably the same guys that invented it, lol.

#16 Toat

Toat

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:37 AM

You mus conco the fea of pain grasshoppa, or a bad playa you wrill remain

#17 Toat

Toat

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:46 AM

this one guy that has balls used a sling shot at a air ball field.

HE HAD BALLS

LMAO epic sling shot run through at 4:04

#18 invictus

invictus

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

just keep getting shot, you'll get used to it.

#19 xSKIERx

xSKIERx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

Getting lit up really isn't that big of a deal. Once you get used to having it happen you'll be fine.

#20 SublimeDPG4

SublimeDPG4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

All the mod shens...

#21 IPWNU

IPWNU

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

Once you get used to it, it isnt that bad. Once you get lit up next time, you'll barely feel it
Posted Image

R.I.P. Danijel 'BORG' Jagodic

#22 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

oh you mods :lol:

#23 Captiontom

Captiontom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:32 AM

Just expect to get lit up one game a day. It hurts for a little but then the pain goes away and you have fun playing the next game.

#24 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

Well if you didn't have a pump and had a semi auto marker, than what you should have done was a trade off. A trade off is when you are shot and it is against the rules, so you both keep shooting at each other till you can't a) take it anymore. B) he/she can't take it anymore. Might sound incredibly RETARDED but because of it, i run the fuck up in anyball (speedball, xball, woodsball, recball) and eliminate players without the fear of getting hit by a ball of paint. You can do it with a pump, but it would be hella harder. Also dont be afraid to keep shooting, remember that in their minds, if they don't put they're hands up they are not out. Good luck, Maybe I'll see you at Canadian Carnage..... :)
109.gif

#25 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:20 PM

damnit mods :lol:

#26 m4ndark

m4ndark

Heart is what wins tournaments - Fraige

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

once you get used to play airball and get hit tons of times, its become normal,
trust me, i can barelly feel the hit when i get shot like 4-5-6 times, just try to relax and play, one day you will lose your fear of getting shot and will enjoy the game much much more
Gewn Owners * Rotor Syndicate * HK Army Collective
Brazil- passionate baller

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users