50 replies to this topic

#1 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:34 PM

Yeah, that isn't going to fly here, I've had a few users now who feel they can dictate how the BST rules will apply to them. When it comes to Player's Club members we have their name, address, paypal info, email, IP and other pieces of information. Knowing this they are far more unlikely to conduct a scam than a regular member and on top of this if they do we have the info we need to pursue them. It states in the BST rules that if you are trading with a Player's Club member in a trade you will be shipping first, stating that you WON'T ship to them first or WON'T deal with them is not acceptable. If a PC member chooses to wave the right to have an item shipped to them first that is alright and completely understandable. If the person they're dealing with is a regular member with 30+ feedback and the PC member has very little or none, in that type of situation it is perfectly acceptable for the two involved in the deal to reach a differing arrangement.

What it comes down to is this, our BST is the safest in paintball, our rules work and they will continue to work as long as they're followed and properly enforced. Users may not decide which rules they will and will not follow, if a user is unwilling to deal with PC members then they will be asked to take their business elsewhere, if they refuse to follow our rules they aren't wanted here.

If you see an ad making statements such as these please report the ad and a staffer will take care of it. When a user isn't willing to follow safety protocols we put in place then that makes them highly suspect and I'm not a fan of taking risks. I'd rather lose a few shady members than deal with a scam.

#2 Josh13

Josh13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:41 PM

Ok what if I choose to deny an offer even if it's in my favor because the member is part of the players club. Do I have the right to do that. This is hypothetically speaking.

#3 LikeACheeseStick

LikeACheeseStick

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:43 PM

Ok what if I choose to deny an offer even if it's in my favor because the member is part of the players club. Do I have the right to do that. This is hypothetically speaking.

Sure. It's your loss though.

"They found me in an alley way, trying to re-enter the Earths' atmosphere in an old refrigerator box."

#4 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Your choice, but you'd be an idiot to do it lol.

"Oh, an Ego 11 plus $125 for my G6R? nawww I'll pass."

Fail.

#5 PeanutWing

PeanutWing

Sleepy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

I think he means you can always say no, but not discriminate.

#6 J. Nez

J. Nez

Now with 2x the Vitamin C

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:28 AM

Thank you, Orange.

I've been seeing more and more of this lately, but knew it wasn't my place to address it. Considering I just coughed up the money for my PC membership, I found it a little bit unnerving that people could seemingly waive that at will. Just seemed a bit... rude, you know?

#7 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,953 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:38 AM

Thank you, Orange.

I've been seeing more and more of this lately, but knew it wasn't my place to address it. Considering I just coughed up the money for my PC membership, I found it a little bit unnerving that people could seemingly waive that at will. Just seemed a bit... rude, you know?

If you ever have a problem or concern such as that please let one of us know. We are here to make sure everyone is happy

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#8 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:40 AM

I love this place...

#9 Paintballer_13

Paintballer_13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:12 AM

What if we tell everyone they must ship first ? And a PC member comes in and it states that "I will not ship first" and try post a trade but then are mad because they say they should get the gun first?

I don't see why we must ship first to players club members? Yes I know it's a rule and such but if I tell every other user they must ship first because I dont like shipping my guns out first because I've had bad experiences wha makes the likeliness of that happening changing but because he is a PC member? Simply because he was able to pay the $15 or so extra dollars to use this site he gets a rule just to himself? I don't mind the extra forums and such like their own hotline to call in just this rule.

I'm just wondering about this because I don't really ever ship first so how would I go about this If a players club member wanted to trade with me? I can't say no PC because then that would be doscriminatong.

#10 Josh13

Josh13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:18 AM

Your choice, but you'd be an idiot to do it lol.

"Oh, an Ego 11 plus $125 for my G6R? nawww I'll pass."

Fail.

Yeah I get what your saying, but some people don't feel safe shipping first especially with a high end.

Edited by Josh13, 10 January 2012 - 08:20 AM.

#11 PbMilker

PbMilker

I am the Milk Man this forum needs

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:24 AM

What if we tell everyone they must ship first ? And a PC member comes in and it states that "I will not ship first" and try post a trade but then are mad because they say they should get the gun first?

I don't see why we must ship first to players club members? Yes I know it's a rule and such but if I tell every other user they must ship first because I dont like shipping my guns out first because I've had bad experiences wha makes the likeliness of that happening changing but because he is a PC member? Simply because he was able to pay the $15 or so extra dollars to use this site he gets a rule just to himself? I don't mind the extra forums and such like their own hotline to call in just this rule.

I'm just wondering about this because I don't really ever ship first so how would I go about this If a players club member wanted to trade with me? I can't say no PC because then that would be doscriminatong.

Sure you can say no. You just can't do the deal then. Your loss, not the guy in PC. However, if he wanted to he could waive his right to receive first, but that's completely his discretion.

#12 Paintballer_13

Paintballer_13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:51 AM

Ok then thank you for clearing this up

#13 J. Nez

J. Nez

Now with 2x the Vitamin C

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:24 PM

You can always say no, if you don't want the deal. We aren't saying that if a PC member offers anything whatsoever, you MUST say yes. But if we toss you a deal that you like, it would seem a bit silly to choose not to accept it just because they are PC and you don't feel like shipping first. But one thing you said (I bolded it) got me. The Player's Club is not just about paying money for other topics, and a neat little blue title. it's about security. Every time you see a member like me with a Player's Club title, that means that our real names, our addresses, basically ALL of our personal information is on file. If somebody is stupid enough to try to scam you from within the Player's Club, Orange and the other Mods here at TechPB can, and will (they seem to have an incredible track record, actually), make their life a living hell, in order to get your gear back. With a PC member, that's easy for them to do, because they simply need to type in a username, and they have that info ready. That's what makes the likeliness of being scammed by a PC member less.

In my case, as well as quite a few others, not only am I PC, but I have +14 feedback. Sorry, but I am NOT shipping first to any non-PC members. I daresay that my forum track record is proof enough of my reliability. I'm sure there are plenty of others that feel the same way. Asking us to ship first just won't fly. I might consider it if it's another PC member I know really well here on the forums, and certainly wouldn't mind if they were a mod / admin, but that's about it. If you don't feel like shipping first to me, or any other PC member, and you lose the deal because of that, that's your loss. Considering I do not see any feedback at all for you, I'm not sure how much luck you'll have telling everybody to ship first. If you had like +30 feedback, I'm sure it would work just fine, but that doesn't appear to be the case here. TechPB is one of the safest BS/T's I've ever used, but it got like that because of the rules set in place by the mods. I just think that if you are going to be selling on TechPB, you should accept the fact that PC members get a little bit of benefit. I don't think it should be something you worry about too much though, because, like I said earlier, the PC is all about security. That's seriously one of the biggest reasons it's here. Every PC member has personal info on file, and scamming would be absolutely stupid for any PC member to do. It just wouldn't end well. Hence, it doesn't really happen.

Now, please understand, I am not trying to be rude or abrasive. I'm really not trying to attack you or your question, so I hope it didn't come out like that (internet tone of voice doesn't exist, unfortunately). As a matter of fact, I'm actually just trying to reassure you that PC members are not something you should be so wary of. We have a great track record in the PC, much more so than anywhere else. Of course, you are completely free to make your own choices, but I suggest you give it a little thought before turning down a good offer from one of us.

#14 Paintballer_13

Paintballer_13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:27 PM

Yes I understand your point very clear I and accept it I just wanted to make sure of we turned a PC user down we weren't going to be warned or something on our profile because I found that unreasonable

#15 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:18 PM

It's pretty much been addressed but I'll explain a bit more about PC membership.

It's more than just paying $30, as has been said we have their shipping address, name, paypal info, and through the site email, IP and often given all of the info we have on them we can easily find them on Facebook and/or their phone number.

Also most PC members have been long time members and are known to the community and don't want to be booted out over a bad trade or a scam. Plus of course the ones with half a brain knowing we have all of their info won't be willing to conduct a scam and then get hammered to the wall. Here are some things I'm perfectly willing to do and have done in the past.

-Post on their Facebook wall, or have a member post on their wall all of the evidence against them which will be seen by friends, family, employers, teammates, etc.
-Message their family members
-Call their local fields and shops and have them banned
-Contact their sponsors and have them removed from their team
-Contact other teams in the area to pressure them to return the items
-Have a staffer or well known and trusted TechPB'er pick up the item at their door and inform their parents of what they've done
-Allow their info to be leaked to the TechPB community so they are bombarded with phone calls and text messages
-Have the person whose been scammed press theft charges, if you are in possession of stolen goods which have crossed state lines it's a felony
-Have them banned from MCB, PbN, and Spec Ops the same day
-Call their employer and inform them of the situation, if it's a field it's a guarantee they'll immediately be fired and banned from the field

Given all of the info we have on PC members if a regular member is unwilling to ship first to them (unless the member has immaculate feedback and the PC member has very little feedback) that person is highly suspect of being a scammer. It's like when a user is unwilling to ship first to staff or use third party, if that's the case it's pretty much a guarantee that the person is looking to conduct a scam.

For those who automatically insist "I NEVER SHIP FIRST NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE". I'm sorry but those people are idiots, what person in their right mind is going to approach this deal with 30 feedback and ship first to someone with none? That SCREAMS scam. If any user isn't willing to ship to me first, and I've done this where I offer something in their favour that's in their wanted trades and they refuse to ship first at that point I'm willing to ban them as a precaution. If you won't take a trade in your favour that you're looking for because you have to ship to me first, there is a very high risk that person is conducting a scam and they're gone, I'm not taking a risk on them it's not worth it.

#16 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:21 PM

old people have Life Alert... i have Orange when I BST. I feel safer already. :tup: :D

Posted Image
Professional Web & Graphic Designer | Web Development

Converting your ideas into a graphic reality and giving it a web presence - Contact me | Facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks

#17 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:28 PM

So if a seller is non-PC they have the options to not deal with the person or leave if they dont want to ship first?
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#18 98Pro

98Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:24 PM

Does this only count for trades?I mean for us teenagers between practice and needing money for new gear (why we are usually selling stuff) we prolly don't have the money upfront to ship something fast enough to get our money when we need it. I mean you have to send it ground or priority for like $12 then wait for them to recieve it and send the money where as if you had it before all of that you'd have your money right then and there.

#19 Duke Scrotum

Duke Scrotum

Fuck Anticipation guy...Right in the Butt!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:37 PM

I can agree with this rule.

Hey orange, could you, or would you, be willing to clarify the rules on shipping. What I mean is when someone writes in the sale thread

"once I ship the package I take no responsibility for it" or "buyer pays for insurance".

As far as I know paypal needs delivery conformation of some sort so that the seller has some proof that they indeed shipped it. Is it still the sellers responsibility until the buyer receives the package? If it is lost or damaged in the shipping process does that fall on the buyer? If the responsibility doesn't fall on the buyer shouldnt the seller be responsible for the insurance to guarantee their package is safe until it is delivered? I always ship with tracking and insurance as it costs 11$ for a flat rate box, .75 cents for delivery conformation, appx 1$ per 100$ insured, and less than 2$ for signature proof of receipt. Also anything insured for over 200$ automatically has to be signed for. It cost me 18$ to ship my Marq Closer to Florida and I didn't have to worry about a thing.

I am just asking for some clarification. Thanks.

baby3.png
Gearbag Sale

Because, I have a problem.
And the only way it will be better is if I have more guns.

#20 Duke Scrotum

Duke Scrotum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

Does this only count for trades?I mean for us teenagers between practice and needing money for new gear (why we are usually selling stuff) we prolly don't have the money upfront to ship something fast enough to get our money when we need it. I mean you have to send it ground or priority for like $12 then wait for them to recieve it and send the money where as if you had it before all of that you'd have your money right then and there.

I'm pretty sure this is only for trades. I would never ship to anyone before they paid for it.

baby3.png
Gearbag Sale

#21 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,064 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:11 PM

Yes, this is only for trades. If you're buying something, it's pay then ship, no matter who you are. It's ok to do that, because by using PayPal's "goods" option, you get some buyer protection in the way of the ability to dispute the payment up to 45 days after you sent the money.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 10 January 2012 - 09:12 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#22 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:55 PM

The one question that has always bugged me, if a trade with a pc member includes the pc member adding cash, do they still send the cash second, or is the cash aspect treated as a regular sale and sent first before either of the guns are sent?

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#23 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:58 AM

I can agree with this rule.

Hey orange, could you, or would you, be willing to clarify the rules on shipping. What I mean is when someone writes in the sale thread

"once I ship the package I take no responsibility for it" or "buyer pays for insurance".

As far as I know paypal needs delivery conformation of some sort so that the seller has some proof that they indeed shipped it. Is it still the sellers responsibility until the buyer receives the package? If it is lost or damaged in the shipping process does that fall on the buyer? If the responsibility doesn't fall on the buyer shouldnt the seller be responsible for the insurance to guarantee their package is safe until it is delivered? I always ship with tracking and insurance as it costs 11$ for a flat rate box, .75 cents for delivery conformation, appx 1$ per 100$ insured, and less than 2$ for signature proof of receipt. Also anything insured for over 200$ automatically has to be signed for. It cost me 18$ to ship my Marq Closer to Florida and I didn't have to worry about a thing.

I am just asking for some clarification. Thanks.

That is something that I won't write an end all rule on because it goes on a case by case basis. Just because someone says "I don't care if the bomb I put in the box goes off en route and the gun is destroyed it's not my fault" doesn't mean it actually isn't his fault. People can say whatever they like, just because they've said it doesn't make it so.

I will tell you right now off the ONLY time I would completely clear a user of any responsibility once an item leaves their hands.

-The user would have to do a shooting and boxing video in one. They would have to air up the gun, hold the camera near it to prove there are no leaks. Shoot a pod through the gun without issue. De-gas it and carry the gun over to the box, package it in a new box intended for shipping with the gun's case or gun wrapped in bubble wrap and taped so it can't come out and the voids in the box filled with packaging material so it can't move around then seal it. They would also need to ship WITH TRACKING AND INSURANCE sufficient to cover the cost of replacing the item if it were lost or somehow damaged in transit.

Unless that is done someone claiming once it leaves their hands it's not their problem is 100% bullshit and I won't accept it. If you have a shooting video that is 2 weeks old that doesn't mean the gun was working the day you shipped it, even if the shooting video is a day old, not good enough. In order to have no shadow of a doubt you have to do it the way I described above to protect yourself. If someone just throws a gun in a box with a bit of news paper and it gets there beaten to hell, yes, it is the seller's fault 100% and no bullshit claim of "it was okay when it left" is going to cut it.

On a similar note the only way to prove 100% that it isn't the buyer's fault that a gun isn't working properly is for them to do an unboxing and shooting video immediately. They should have a pod of paint and a tank with air ready at the table when they unbox it, screw in the tank and see if there are any leaks, then take it to the backyard with a chrono and see if it'll shoot 300fps without issue. When you think about it if you're holding an item worth $1000 is it that much of an effort to do a 4 minute video that could save you hundreds?

In cases where this doesn't happen (Most) we'll go off of the evidence we have and we really do dig deep, however in some cases we can't prove things either way and in that case if neither party can be satisfied we recommend either A. both people split the costs or B. the items/money to returned to the original owners. Things don't always work out, we can't settle everything, sometimes people will need to eat an expense, people may have to settle it on their own but in those cases that's when your reputation and feedback are at stake. I sold my Pink Lady Ego 09 a few months ago, the guy came to pick it up, it had an eye fault due to some shitty paint which broke at an event. I cleaned the eyes and then showed him the eyes worked, put my finger into the breech, in and out and showed him they were fine and he agreed. Two weeks later he messaged me saying they weren't working and was willing to split the cost of new ones. The only place locally to have them only had Virtue Laser eyes for $45. I told him not to worry about the cost that I'll get him a pair of eyes, I tracked some down in Calgary thanks to HeroForADay with a guy he deals with him and had him shipped a new pair of eyes for $25.

I ate that $25 knowing I wasn't in the wrong, that it most likely was his fault, but because there was even a shadow of a doubt that it was my fault and because I wanted to preserve my reputation and spotless feedback I ate the cost. If you want to maintain yourself in high standing as a seller/trader sometimes you have to do that and if people aren't willing to lose a little to gain a lot in the long run it'll show.

The one question that has always bugged me, if a trade with a pc member includes the pc member adding cash, do they still send the cash second, or is the cash aspect treated as a regular sale and sent first before either of the guns are sent?

Realistically this is something I'm willing to let the two parties involved in the trade discuss but I would PREFER the PC member pay after they've received an item. It's not a HUGE deal because PayPal as long as you've paid under the goods tab is extremely good about recovering funds if need be. So if the deal better suits the PC paying first, or the feedback for the member is much higher than the PC so be it. Basically in a case such as this we like to still give people some freedom and choices in how they deal to make things easier on everyone. We prefer to sufficiently guide and protect users, not force our hand in their dealings.

#24 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:42 AM

Thanks Orange

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#25 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:13 PM

So not trying to stir the beehive or anything..

but just to clarify. Can I tell someone in PC with less feedback then me I don't feel like shipping first our not ?

It's not gonna be like:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PC Guy: I'll give you **** for your ****.
Me: Ok sure I can do that. How do you want to do this ?
PC: You ship first cause I'm PC
Me: *Looks at member join date that is dated a week ago/no feedback/5 posts* "I don't feel all that comfortable shipping first I have *** feedback all positive."
PC: I PAYED 15 DOLLARS & GAVE ALL MY INFO YOU GOTTA SHIP FIRST !!!!
Me: No thank you I just don't feel like dealing with this.

Orange: BAN-HAMMER!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it ?
Or a bunch of "shady..rabbit is shady !!"

Edited by BlackRabbit, 11 January 2012 - 12:23 PM.

#26 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:30 PM

You aren't forced to deal with specific people, you can ask them if they'd be willing to wave being shipped to first, if they say no you don't have to deal with them. What I'm saying is I'm not going to allow users to refuse all PC members, that's all.

#27 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:42 PM

You aren't forced to deal with specific people, you can ask them if they'd be willing to wave being shipped to first, if they say no you don't have to deal with them. What I'm saying is I'm not going to allow users to refuse all PC members, that's all.

Ah ok.
Great to hear.
Wasn't totally sure how everything was gonna work.
Thanks Orange :tup:

#28 Duke Scrotum

Duke Scrotum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:28 PM

Thanks orange, for the clarification. And I too have no problem eating the small expenses. I just want to know that I don't need to worry about getting scammed or eating the price of a highend gun.

baby3.png
Gearbag Sale

#29 CavenaughW

CavenaughW

Ballin'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:43 PM

I love this place...

#30 epikfailpaintball

epikfailpaintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

AMEN ORANGE!!!

#31 deland13

deland13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:33 AM

Ok here is a good question I was gonna get a tank but he wants me to do check or money order? Its like a trade? I don't feel safe.

#32 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

Ok here is a good question I was gonna get a tank but he wants me to do check or money order? Its like a trade? I don't feel safe.

I recommend always sticking with PayPal, they'll recover the funds if you have trouble. A money order you're pretty much sunk, a check you'll get it back after they cash it proving you paid them and have evidence for the police. But if the police officer decides not to give a shit you're shit out of luck, I wouldn't do the deal unless it's PayPal.

#33 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

Cool.
now to sell more shit

One thing.
How do you freeze someones paypal?

#34 deland13

deland13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

I think you make a claim, its somewhere on the account page.

#35 Hurstman

Hurstman

"The Amurikan"

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

It's pretty much been addressed but I'll explain a bit more about PC membership.

It's more than just paying $30, as has been said we have their shipping address, name, paypal info, and through the site email, IP and often given all of the info we have on them we can easily find them on Facebook and/or their phone number.

Also most PC members have been long time members and are known to the community and don't want to be booted out over a bad trade or a scam. Plus of course the ones with half a brain knowing we have all of their info won't be willing to conduct a scam and then get hammered to the wall. Here are some things I'm perfectly willing to do and have done in the past.

-Post on their Facebook wall, or have a member post on their wall all of the evidence against them which will be seen by friends, family, employers, teammates, etc.
-Message their family members
-Call their local fields and shops and have them banned
-Contact their sponsors and have them removed from their team
-Contact other teams in the area to pressure them to return the items
-Have a staffer or well known and trusted TechPB'er pick up the item at their door and inform their parents of what they've done
-Allow their info to be leaked to the TechPB community so they are bombarded with phone calls and text messages
-Have the person whose been scammed press theft charges, if you are in possession of stolen goods which have crossed state lines it's a felony
-Have them banned from MCB, PbN, and Spec Ops the same day
-Call their employer and inform them of the situation, if it's a field it's a guarantee they'll immediately be fired and banned from the field

Given all of the info we have on PC members if a regular member is unwilling to ship first to them (unless the member has immaculate feedback and the PC member has very little feedback) that person is highly suspect of being a scammer. It's like when a user is unwilling to ship first to staff or use third party, if that's the case it's pretty much a guarantee that the person is looking to conduct a scam.

For those who automatically insist "I NEVER SHIP FIRST NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE". I'm sorry but those people are idiots, what person in their right mind is going to approach this deal with 30 feedback and ship first to someone with none? That SCREAMS scam. If any user isn't willing to ship to me first, and I've done this where I offer something in their favour that's in their wanted trades and they refuse to ship first at that point I'm willing to ban them as a precaution. If you won't take a trade in your favour that you're looking for because you have to ship to me first, there is a very high risk that person is conducting a scam and they're gone, I'm not taking a risk on them it's not worth it.

List of people not to fuck with. Ever.
-------------------------------------------------
- Clint Eastwood
- Orange
- a man with nothing left to lose
- Josh Saumure
- Orange again
MUFFINS

#36 deland13

deland13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:54 PM

And me...

#37 Justin T

Justin T

Citrus Connection Member :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:41 PM

- Clint Eastwood
- Orange
- Josh Saumure
- Orange again

Agreed

#38 Kikkia

Kikkia

Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:14 PM

I dont see why shipping first to players club is such a problem. There is almost a zero chance of getting scammed
Etek3 /Dye Rotor/GI 68/45

#39 AceComets

AceComets

Low-Ball Extraordinaire

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,582 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:41 AM

- Clint Eastwood
- Orange
- Josh Saumure
- Orange again

you have to add John Wayne to that list.

I will fucking cut you AceComets, I will cut you like....paper with......scissors?

Ace's Feedback Ace's Mod App

#40 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

John Wayne is lame....

#41 AceComets

AceComets

Low-Ball Extraordinaire

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,582 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:56 AM

John Wayne is lame....

whoa now. how dare you!

Posted Image

I will fucking cut you AceComets, I will cut you like....paper with......scissors?

Ace's Feedback Ace's Mod App

#42 kStalk

kStalk

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:50 PM

my 2 cents, well since im in canada its probably 1. 98 or something but what ever
referring to the latter statement " not dealing with PC"
why does it matter if a user puts a statement stating he does not want to deal with PC members, it just saves both of them time.
The two parities woudlnt have to negotaite all the terms then discover at the end that the deal cant close due to the issue of shipping. Yes feedback is there for a reason and yes people have reputation on the forums, but people are still hesitant when dealing online, they always will be. How safe would you be sending $500 or something worth $500 to someone you have never met before, never seen or never actually talked to, And no asking for their facebook and stalking them does not count as meeting them, talking to them or seeing them. There are to many unknown factors and to many things that can go wrong. By not shipping first this eliminates many of these factors.

Also if anyone feels like helping me write a script that prosecutes Nixon for his part in the Watergate scandal, would be calling the two attorney generals that were related to the saturday night massacre, pm me it would be greatly appreciated.

#43 TheArabPaintballer

TheArabPaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:57 PM

what if your a players club member and a players club member does a trade who ships first becuase i want to become a pc but want this clarified first

#44 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

what if your a players club member and a players club member does a trade who ships first becuase i want to become a pc but want this clarified first

If you mean what happens when you are BOTH players club the person with less feedback generally should ship first, but it's up to the users to handle the situation as adults & decide how the trade will go should either party not want to honor feedback.

If you mean if you as a Players Club member trade with someone who isn't PC then they must ship to you first.
Though they do have the right to not trade with you if they don't feel like it.

This post by Orange seems to be directed at select sellers who have started a trend of saying they will not deal with PC members at all unless they waive their privlages.

Edited by BlackRabbit, 30 January 2012 - 07:09 PM.

#45 TheArabPaintballer

TheArabPaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:17 PM

If you mean what happens when you are BOTH players club the person with less feedback generally should ship first, but it's up to the users to handle the situation as adults & decide how the trade will go should either party not want to honor feedback.

If you mean if you as a Players Club member trade with someone who isn't PC then they must ship to you first.
Though they do have the right to not trade with you if they don't feel like it.

This post by Orange seems to be directed at select sellers who have started a trend of saying they will not deal with PC members at all unless they waive their privlages.

ah ok thank you for clearing it up

#46 Tenbatsu

Tenbatsu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

- Clint Eastwood
- Orange
- Josh Saumure
- Orange again

What about Jackie Chan, and the other guy I cant remember his name, Mike Tyson and Chuck Norris?

#47 going_home

going_home

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

my 2 cents, well since im in canada its probably 1. 98 or something but what ever
referring to the latter statement " not dealing with PC"
why does it matter if a user puts a statement stating he does not want to deal with PC members, it just saves both of them time.
The two parities woudlnt have to negotaite all the terms then discover at the end that the deal cant close due to the issue of shipping. Yes feedback is there for a reason and yes people have reputation on the forums, but people are still hesitant when dealing online, they always will be. How safe would you be sending $500 or something worth $500 to someone you have never met before, never seen or never actually talked to, And no asking for their facebook and stalking them does not count as meeting them, talking to them or seeing them. There are to many unknown factors and to many things that can go wrong. By not shipping first this eliminates many of these factors.

Also if anyone feels like helping me write a script that prosecutes Nixon for his part in the Watergate scandal, would be calling the two attorney generals that were related to the saturday night massacre, pm me it would be greatly appreciated.

Good point.
You can state local trades only, to meet in person.
Or no trades at all.
Either way you wont need to ship to a total stranger.

#48 TallThing

TallThing

Left Blank Unintentionally...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

What about dealing with mods?
If life gives you melons... you may be dyslexic.

#49 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

Can you charge more for Canada? Basicly, gun ________ $400 USA, $430 Canada
I think this is unfair, being Canadian, but what's the official ruling?

Edited by Blade of grass, 04 August 2012 - 12:39 PM.

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#50 Silyputy

Silyputy

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

im with you grass i hate it when i have to ask "do i have to add more to ship to Canada." and i get yes then i leave. lol

If they talk shit, make them eat it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users