• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MP45FS

MP45FS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:58 AM

I'm getting back into paintball after about a 3 year hiatus. I never did get around to playing a scenario game and thought I'd give it a try. I've heard that Xtreme has a game coming up next weekend and Strategy Plus has one early February. Weather permitting I think I might try to get to both games. Has anyone here ever played a scenario at either of these places? Any info on what I should expect from the fields (I've never played at either location) or scenario gameplay in general?

#2 Pyrate Jim

Pyrate Jim

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:51 PM

Strat has traditionally beeen the best scenario field in CT.
They've been running more scenario games for more years than anyone else in the State.
Russian Front is the annual "snow game" and this is the fifth year running. (assuming we see any snow)

Extreme is much smaller in terms of area, and it's flat. They have done a few scenario games since they've opened so they have some experience in running one.

Both places are nice to play, The major difference is that Extreme is a small field behind a strip mall where they opened a store a few years ago. Strategy Plus has no store but they were one of the first fields in the entire World and the place is spread out across half a mountain.

So I go to each expecting something different. Extreme is small & short-term (meaning I get shot out real quick and recycle every time) but at Strat I'll be out there for an hour or more trying to sneak around the next hill before I find the other team & have to recycle.

Strat has no speedball, but does have camping for most of the big scenarios. And really that's the ulterior motive to a good scenario game, it''s not the gme itself ~ it's the party with the people you shot & were shot by.
CT Co-ordinator ~ Paintball Marshals
http://www.pbmarshals.com/
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
Certified Master Airsmith
http://www.paintball-pti.com/

#3 MP45FS

MP45FS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:36 AM

Thanks for all the great info!

#4 CTpballer

CTpballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:12 AM

I have played in scenario games at both locations. Xtreme is my local field, but Pyrate Jim is right it is small. Though they are a bit bigger now than a couple of years ago. They have about 10 acres of woods and a spool village with a pretty big staging area.

Strategy plus is like the opposite of Xtreme. It is a big field, like 120 acres all over a mountain. So the terrain is very hilly, so be prepared for that.   

If you are having adventuring problems, I feel bad for you son. I dodged 99 arrows, but my knee took one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users