44 replies to this topic

#1 XxLOPERSxX

XxLOPERSxX

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:16 PM

I was just wonderin what the best type of mag fed paintball marker would be besides Tiberius markers. Or if a pistol would be overall better than that too. I might be looking to join a scenario team that plays mags and pistols. So just nothing too expensive guys (like over 300).
My Setup- Spyder MR5 with an Invert Halo TOO and a Ninja 49/4500

#2 The_Economist

The_Economist

It's business time.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:02 PM

I have used the Rap4 magazines in a Gen 5 T68 (which was extremely similar to a Milsig) that I used to own, and I have used the Tiberius mags in my T8.1. The Tiberius has been far more reliable than the Rap4 was. The Tiberius feeds every time you pull the trigger. The Rap4 gun did not.

I know you said "besides Tiberius" in your post, but I don't think you can talk about mag fed guns without mentioning Tiberius guns.

#3 XxLOPERSxX

XxLOPERSxX

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

Ok thanks. And the only reason I'm straying away from TIberius markers is the real appeal of them is the FS rounds, and my field is field paint only. Besides, FS rounds seem a bit too expensive for me.

#4 SWAT3050

SWAT3050

TechPB MilSim Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:09 AM

That is not really true. All of the Tiberius guns shoot regular paint just as well trust me ( I have 5) I use reg paint in mine all the time and they shoot straight as an arrow. I have a t68 gen7 and a phenom with the tacamo conversion kit and I would use my tiberius over both of them every time. Mags work 100 times better and they just feel great in the hand and are amazingly accurate.

"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon." -Napoleon-
Kickin Ass And Takin Names The American Way
"Whatever you are, be a good one." -Abraham Lincoln
Posted Image

#5 J_DUB

J_DUB

Balls to the Walls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

Rap4 does a pretty good job with their conversion kits they recently released the 2012 version which had a mechanism in it that when the clip was empty the marker would fire just like a real gun it was pretty nice.
Posted Image

#6 J_DUB

J_DUB

Balls to the Walls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

I forgot to mention Milsig but they are kind of expensive.
Posted Image

#7 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:50 PM

x7 phenom w/ tacamo conversion

#8 konner09

konner09

Another Clinically insane Canadian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:16 AM

Personally I am going to Say Tiberius does, but I owuld not rock a Mag Fed rifle pistols i would but not rifle

Milsigs : Over Priced, expensive Magazines, Stock Power tube is cruddy but replacable with Tippmann stuff

Rap4: poor Quality Control from what i have seeen

Tacoma mag conversion: No opinoin

Edited by konner09, 21 February 2012 - 03:17 AM.

We are waiting behind every bunker, hiding around every corner, waiting for you to make a wrong move.

from MCB

WGP NIGHTKAST for sale

#9 K.YO

K.YO

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:10 AM

best mag fed? I would say the ATS

No, I plan to Gears of War roll into a hut, shoot a motherfucker right in the face, one arm cock that bitch like on the movies and blow a cowering 9 year old right out the goddamn window while yelling hufuckingzah bitches.

#10 Jaccen

Jaccen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

The new Spyders could be a good bang for buck.

#11 BRUTE

BRUTE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:22 AM

They make a mag feed mod for the tippmann A5. Its on ANSgear.
#63 on the roster #1 in your heart!!

#12 Symptomz

Symptomz

Party.

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

I would take a look at the m17 from milsig.

#13 Red Infinity

Red Infinity

sugar berzerk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

The new spyder looks promising but the milsig/tiberus would be a safe bet.
RAWR?

#14 Special Ed

Special Ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:43 AM

I would not recommend the Rap4 junk. Mags are too inconsistent, too weak and won't feed or too strong and double feed. Their new DMags look promising but who know's when they'll be released.

I'd say go with the Tiberius platforms for better reliability.

#15 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

dont listen to these people. if you buy a gen5 or later rap4, you will not have problems. just make sure you buy milsig mags, they are much better than the rap4 mags. as for price, a good milsig or rap4 set up will cost a lot. youll want 10 mags at least for a good set up, and 6 is around $130. milsig has the best mag fed markers, and their new stuff thats going to be released this year will be amazing.

tiberius is a good company but the mags are super easy to accidentally set off and you lose all the paint inside of them. trust me, it is not fun to see a mag get emptied on the ground. its not the fact youre losing paint (as in money) but youre losing a filled mag which is time on the field. you dont wanna be filling mags on the field that often. they are also a pain to service and you dont get all the allen wrenches you need to fully service the gun. they are the best shooting mag fed guns, i just wish they redesigned the mags so its not so easy to lose the paint in them.

the tippmann pistols are great. not as rugged or precise (for the person that didnt take high school physics, accurate) as the tiberius pistol but the new 7 round mags are much cheaper and in my opinion, easier to handle.

your best bet would buy a project salvo, an a5, or phenom and get a mag fed kit for it. if you get a project salvo, it already comes with shroud and a stock (has 98 internals). the phenom would cost you $430 minimum and wouldnt come with a stock or shroud (unless you paid more) but would be the best shooting mag fed gun on the market. i would just buy a project salvo and go to rockstartactical.com and get the tacamo mag fed conversion kit for it

#16 Cap'n Biff

Cap'n Biff

Lab Ogre

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

I'd hold off on the Tacamo mag-fed kits for a little while, at least until the current stock out there has a chance to dissipate. I'm on number 2 for my Phenom, and it's still touchy. The receivers they made overseas are of inconsistent and generally poor quality. The new metalwork should be better, but it might be a while before they're on shelves. Also, even with the new metalwork, there are tolerance issues. For example, the switch on the e-trigger doesn't switch into auto mode reliably. I've had to grind down part of the receiver, and it's still not 100%.

Now, RAP4's been good for customer service, I've got to give them credit, and being a techie-tinkerer, I don't mind the "hand-crafting" too much. But for the average user, you might just want to hold off on the mag kit for a bit.

I know a few guys with Gen 5 and Gen6 RAP4 T64-based markers. It's like with the Tacamo kits; some are just tickety-boo out of the box, some are headache factories working 3 shifts.

I know quite a few guys with Milsigs, and most of them have had to gut the markers and put in A5 internals. Again, I think the Asian manufacturing problems RAP4 had are there too. Nice stuff for sure, and I'm always happy to see a Canadian company making stuff I can buy without having to deal with Customs, but still issues.

Tiberius seems to have the best mag solution, though not without it's own challenges. Heavy, expensive, requires more maintenance because of the o-rings, mostly only 8-round (except for the T4 mags, but still).

The new TiPX mags are nice, certainly better than the original ones, but had to sacrifice capacity for reliability (no more jams, but only 7 shots).
Paintballs bounce off me like raisins off an Oldsmobile...
My Feedback
Lapco BigShot Assault A5 14"

#17 redthirst

redthirst

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:03 AM

Tippman Gun + Tacamo Conversion Kit + Box Mag

That would be, I think, your best bet for a non-FSR full size mil-sim set up... it is going to run you a little-to-a lot over $300, though (depending on gun), unless you can get it used.

If you simply want to run pistol, though, the TiPX is pretty great and significantly cheaper (until you factor in soft goods for carting around mags).

Edited by redthirst, 11 April 2012 - 10:04 AM.

Now that I got a good long Stiffi on my 'cocker I just need to find some dudes to shoot my balls on...

Lulzwut ain't no country I ever heard of! They type English in Lulzwut?
lulzwut?
ENGLISH, MOTHER FUCKER! CAN YOU TYPE IT?

#18 Petrified

Petrified

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

All I use is mag fed. I have a milsig, a5 mag fed, phenom mag fed, t8.1 and ram pistols they all have their ups and downs. The Tacamo kits r an nice cheap way to change over ur existing gun or to have cosmetic options for cheap . Milsigs r a good way to go if u don't have a gun to change with a Tacamo kit the basic Milsigs starts at Under $300.
The Tiberious will take some getting used to only because u only get 8 shots befor u have to reload but they r stupid accurate and lots u can do with it...
all r great ways to go manag fed is so much fun especially when u have hopper fed guns shooting at u and u have to change mags lol

Hope that helps

#19 Petrified

Petrified

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

Box mags have serious feed issues

And the new milsig m17 is also coming out with true mechanical full auto

The rap 4 t68 I have heard have a lot of problems from what I've been told everyone I know that has owned one has sold it

I disagree everyone I know with a milsig buys rap4 mags they r more expensive but seem to work better

#20 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

The gen 4 box mag actually works pretty well if you paid any attention to the reviews on it. The only problems are that it is loud and the last ten balls dont feed. Rap4 isnt as bad as everyone says it is dude, especially gen7. They really got the ball rolling with gen 7. And milsig mags are much better. If youve ever used both, you would know. If you read reviews, you would know also.

#21 Petrified

Petrified

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:21 AM

Don't get me wrong man I swear by my ram pistols Iv owned them all lol ... Rap4 is really stepping up their QC

I buy a lot of shit from the

I have used both

#22 Splintershot007

Splintershot007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

Box mags have serious feed issues

And the new milsig m17 is also coming out with true mechanical full auto

The rap 4 t68 I have heard have a lot of problems from what I've been told everyone I know that has owned one has sold it

I disagree everyone I know with a milsig buys rap4 mags they r more expensive but seem to work better

true mechanical full auto coming out, eh?
http://www.getrealpa...l.com/at-4.html
I'd call milsig a bit late. While expensive, ATS is fantastic. But your ar-15 style marker will look like it has .308 instead of .223, so your call

#23 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

and the m17 will be well over $1000, probably closer to the $1500 range

#24 XxLOPERSxX

XxLOPERSxX

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

and the m17 will be well over $1000, probably closer to the $1500 range

i heard around $600.

#25 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

Where from? This is their flagship marker, they have k series elites going for 1000

#26 XxLOPERSxX

XxLOPERSxX

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

http://forums.tiberi...read.php?t=5345
Not sure if thats correct, but here you go.

#27 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

http://www.ansgear.c...rifleranger.htm

why not something like that, get the 9.1 now and body mod later if you have to, not sure why you would go for a mag fed tipmann instead unless you going flatline.
http://www.techpb.co...1 - my feedback

http://ptab.it/CUC4 - for good feels

#28 XxLOPERSxX

XxLOPERSxX

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:04 AM

why not something like that, get the 9.1 now and body mod later if you have to, not sure why you would go for a mag fed tipmann instead unless you going flatline.

A mag-fed tippmann? Oh and guys please note the only reason I'm looking into a mag fed marker is for First Strikes now lol.
Edit: And I wouldn't hesitate to get the Ranger if it wasn't for the low mag capacity, and each mag being $30, along with feeding problems.

Edited by XxLOPERSxX, 28 April 2012 - 07:48 AM.

#29 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

Are people here just retarded? Lol. The reason because people buy tippmanns is because they are bullet proof, so now they want a bullet proof mag fed gun, and its a lot cheaper than a rap4 and milsig. The phenom is actually probably the best mag ged marker out ther.

And dude, there is no feeding problem in 9.1s with first strikes. Idk where you heard that from

And that guy from the tib forums doesnt say where he got the pricing from. You can barely get an mkII with a stock and a shroud for 500, and the mkII is obsolete compared to the m17

Edited by robot0ninja, 28 April 2012 - 12:16 PM.

#30 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

Are people here just retarded? Lol. The reason because people buy tippmanns is because they are bullet proof, so now they want a bullet proof mag fed gun, and its a lot cheaper than a rap4 and milsig. The phenom is actually probably the best mag ged marker out ther.

And dude, there is no feeding problem in 9.1s with first strikes. Idk where you heard that from

And that guy from the tib forums doesnt say where he got the pricing from. You can barely get an mkII with a stock and a shroud for 500, and the mkII is obsolete compared to the m17

so i should assume i'm the only one who has physically broken a 98c frame before?
http://www.techpb.co...1 - my feedback

http://ptab.it/CUC4 - for good feels

#31 XxLOPERSxX

XxLOPERSxX

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

so i should assume i'm the only one who has physically broken a 98c frame before?

Safe to say. And I've seen a bunch of places such as youtube comments and such, but I'm just going to wait until it comes out and see which option is cheaper.

#32 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

id say its rare, but youre probably not the only one. im just telling you tippmanns are known for their reliability

#33 Splintershot007

Splintershot007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:14 PM

A mag-fed tippmann? Oh and guys please note the only reason I'm looking into a mag fed marker is for First Strikes now lol.
Edit: And I wouldn't hesitate to get the Ranger if it wasn't for the low mag capacity, and each mag being $30, along with feeding problems.

Besides the tiberius arms, i dont thing any of these will feed first strike properly. So unless you want to go the fn 303 route like mike did, your basically stuck with tiberius arms.

#34 Jpearce8

Jpearce8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

Great question. You're on the right track because the future of paintball is mag-fed and you might as well get into now.

I've looked at numerous YouTube reviews and what not and there are a lot of myths out there.
**the numbers are rankings just points being made

1) Tiberius - are great systems. The cons are limited mag capacities and can be pricy.
2) milsig- great Canadian made (ya!!) but pricy and have similar issues with paintball sizing issues as rap4 (ie. ball jams in 20 round mags ball breaks depending on paint used). Simply they are sensitive to type of paint.
3) Rap4 - had a bad history of poor quality. The facts now is I haven't dealt with a better company than rap4 customer service. I say there orings are bad new ones sent immediately. That's just the beginning. They are on the forefront of mag-fed technology with numerous products in the works for add ins to previous products. There newest products like the 468 with DMAG capability looks very promising and I'd suggest waiting until April to find out the reviews. From assessing the design with DMAGs affordability and simple design they've engineered from there own and other company's mistakes to make an awesome mag-fed system. They have drum mags all first strike compatible being designed so the future versatility appears endless. Not to mention the success of their T68 gen models longevity the 468 will become their new flagship for years to come.
4) Dye- the DAM looks incredible and devastating versatility with the reliability and great engineering provided by the Dye name. However it's very expensive and who knows what their future products will be? You'd have to hope they continue to innovate with mag-feed or else you'll be left with a very expensive cool DMAG-like system that can be achieved with others at half the price.
5)spyder- probably the simplest design (doesnt mean bad) to get the purpose of having mag-fed. For versatility and future possibilities I'd stay away and get another product that offers some long term development/add-ons and versatility.
6) rap4 conversion kits- I own the phenom mag conversion and it is really cool. However it has issues. You need great paint or you will get breaks and cleaning a mag-fed marker is annoying at the least after one break. The breaks eventually made me switch back to hopper feed for the reliability of the Tippmann cyclone.

My overall suggestion is somewhat prophetic but based on facts anyone can find on YouTube made by rap4 or others. I'd wait for the rap4 468 and wait for that one to shine. I'm set on getting one once post-production consumer reviews come out. However, this is by far rap4's best pre-production product I've seen. Don't let old stories about rap4 taint the great improvements and products they have today.

See you on the field!

** numbers are NOT rankings

#35 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

Check out.MILSIG MK3 s, CQB Pro. Base model with a MATS is 300 bucks.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#36 WilliamShattner

WilliamShattner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

Scarab arms also has a well reviewed marker out. Worth a look. Personally I would just modify an sp1 to shoot dam magazines. :)

#37 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

Hahaha good luck with that.

#38 WilliamShattner

WilliamShattner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

Work in progress, but a working work in progress. There is a small bit on the voided warranty forum.

Edited by WilliamShattner, 18 March 2013 - 03:48 PM.

#39 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

Hahaha good luck with that.

#40 elraido

elraido

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

Talk about a necro.

But anywho. AT-10, AT-85 or AT-4. If they are good enough for military and police to train with, they should be good enough for you. Besides, they are the most fun gun I have ever played around with.

#41 NP Operator

NP Operator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

You need to save more money and get something more than 300.

#42 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

Just as a heads up the "unicorn" (MilSigs M17) is still in the prototype stage. Nelson has dodged any questions about a release date. It is unlikely that it will be released this year as the demand for the current line is still pretty high.

Kev
Indiana Member #"Old Fart"
SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana
http://saswoodsball.com/
http://www.sasmilsim.com/

#43 Special Ed

Special Ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

I finally got a chance to shoot my new DAM. While the price is more then the cRap4 Phenom I had I will say this; IT WORKED RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX!.

I loaded up 6 "10" round mags with 6 standard paintballs per side. I got it chron'd in the first 12 shots and went through the next 2 mags with out issue. The last 3 I went through using the 3 shot burst with no issues. I used the Virtue clock chrono and the velocity was very consistent. I can't wait to try it with FS rounds.

Just saying, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!.

#44 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

Talk about a necro.

#45 Blind Eye

Blind Eye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

This thread is so misleading with "Best mag fed?" then in the same breath says there's a budget!
That's two contradictory statements, c'mon you've got over 500 post on here you know better than that.

I can't speak to which is better seeing as I only just today ordered my first magfed marker. What I can offer is the knowlege of reading countless articles, reviews, asking questions to people with extensive knowlege, watching video footage, and comparing tech specs. For me what I was going for was reliability, ergonomics, features, magazine design, cost, and of course looks.

In the end it came down to Milsig and Scarab Arms. They both have their pros and cons but it really come down to price point and velocity deviation. Some people hate the idea of the TGR2 being a blowback and think it's archaic, I personally don't care. What I do care about is consistency, and the Milsig para pro and MK3 both have an internal regulator which kept me on the fence for awhile. Even though I think the MK3 looks like a 98 custom with an AR shrouded barrel (not good). The para pro on the other hand look darn good though, and at that price it better!
After digging around through enough forums and posts I found several articles one being an email from SA claiming deviations of no more than 10 fps max and an average of 5 fps. Then I found a video on a TGR2 shooting through a chrono which backed this up (though it was only one test case). Some people have a problem with SA using a spring kit to change velocity. I also think it's an inconvienience but only a minor one, and when I found out this promoted a more stable, consistent velocity I was all for it. So at this point the milsig didn't have anything going for it. All I seen from milsig was mags that were $10 more and the only marker I wanted (para pro) was twice the price, other than having a regulator it had far less features as well.

Edited by Blind Eye, 04 April 2013 - 10:37 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users