#1 aresfiend

aresfiend

Noob Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:46 AM

So, since this is not my idea.

I almost wish instead of a "____ v. ____" forum, we have some system that allows you to find a thread full of feedback on a product (for example, you click on 'Guns' then 'Electronic Markers' and then 'GoG' and finally 'GoG eXTCy' and see opinions on it, almost like online product reviews).

I think this would be insanely simple (albeit take a while to set up) and very effective instead of fucking around with the same thread made 6 different times by 6 different people over 6 different hours in the same day.

EDIT: Cleaned up the ranty stuff being I quoted him from the rant section.

Edited by aresfiend, 19 January 2012 - 10:45 PM.

#2 PB2011

PB2011

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:12 AM

Was just about to post this. Fantastic, fantastic, idea in my opinion.
It's a trap! -Admiral Ackbar, a long long time ago.

#3 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:59 AM

How 2006ish. :).

PB review forums and sites get very little use today. People seem to like video review more. How many review threads do you see here since 2008 versus "my new marker" videos. If you wish to do a review there's the manufacturers's forums.

#4 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:15 AM

I understand what you're saying slinky, but I think since this forum is frequently used by a lot of people it would be nice for people to be able to just post up their review instead of having to make a video.

#5 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,954 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:16 PM

I understand what you're saying slinky, but I think since this forum is frequently used by a lot of people it would be nice for people to be able to just post up their review instead of having to make a video.

you dont have to make a review, if you go down to manufacturers the you can find just about exactly what is being described and then just put a post there

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#6 aresfiend

aresfiend

Noob Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:44 PM

you don't have to make a review, if you go down to manufacturers the you can find just about exactly what is being described and then just put a post there

But you see, the problem with that is the reviews get mixed in with the help threads and it is just a nightmare if you want to find an actual review.

#7 blckninja

blckninja

Computer Tech

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:48 PM

you don't have to make a review, if you go down to manufacturers the you can find just about exactly what is being described and then just put a post there

But you see, the problem with that is the reviews get mixed in with the help threads and it is just a nightmare if you want to find an actual review.

Why can't you search "extcy review"? Seems like the easiest way to find a review on the extcy to me.

etek.jpg

#8 PB2011

PB2011

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:29 PM

Just put extcy review in the search bar. The only thing that appeared was this thread lol. If you guys did decide to implement this (which appears not) what if we made it that if you reviewed a marker you would be required to put a picture ala BST? That way we increase the accuracy of the reviews and we can get opinions from many different people. I'm sick of looking up guns and seeing PBreview come up where somebody says "This gun suxs lol it gets liek 1 pod on teh 110/4500 lol" who obviously has never even shot the gun in question before. I could see this becoming a seriously helpful asset to the paintball community.

#9 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:07 PM

You got to ask yourself how active is preview now? Years ago it was huge.

#10 PB2011

PB2011

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:42 PM

You got to ask yourself how active is pbreview now? Years ago it was huge.

Fixed =)

That is a valid point. I still think that text reviews are pretty popular though. I try to help out my buddy's that are interested in paintball, and when they decided to get a gun, one of the first things I hear are "Is X gun good? I went to this one website, and all the reviews said it was super good". If we can establish a reputation as site that has the views of various people and is RELIBLE above all else, we will become a much more popular site. Build it, and they will come.

On a unrelated note, slinky, what does your name mean?

Edited by PB2011, 21 January 2012 - 04:00 PM.

#11 aresfiend

aresfiend

Noob Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:47 PM

I guess that I am just an odd person then.

When I buy a gun in person the first thing I do is type in "____ paintball marker review" and look for something reputable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users