44 replies to this topic

#1 squally

squally

I am a flying squall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:45 PM

I have gotten mixed reviews about sly profits. I was wondering what you guys think. I'm thinking of getting some. Please tell me what you think

#2 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

It's really personal preference. For me, they're tied for my favorite alongside the Flex. I love how they fit my face and they feel and breathe great. Other folks think they get way too hot and/or don't breathe well, but having used el cheapo masks for a good while, I can say they breathe fine.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#3 Superman

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:52 PM

i have some SLY profits and i love them to death
they offer great protection and come stock with an awesome lens
the ones i have are the 2012s with the updated ear pieces
the pieces use to pinch or something idk
but the only complaints i have is that the venting isn't the greatest (sound and breathing) and i can see it getting warm on hot days
other wise i love mine
any questions?

#4 81794mn

81794mn

wow i have a custom member title

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:53 PM

I personally have owned almost everymask made in the 50$ or more range and I personally can not stand the prophits maybe its the fact that last summer I didn't have a singal person throw up in a rental mask but had 3people wearing prophits overheat so much and start puking. I just don't like them I like the way they look and feel I don't like the breathing or the hearing ability though
Team-Texas Roughnecks, www.TexasRoughnecks.org

#5 Superman

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:00 PM

i would like to point out that i've owned i4s, Flex's, Profits, Grillz, Events, and Profilers
the only two that are around are my flex's and profits (theres a reason)
venting and hearing aren't bad at ALL
i can still hear, yell, and talk fine with the mask on
the heat issue will also depend on where you play
they don't get overly hot they get warm

To the above comment that's there own fault for not taking care of themselves during a hot day

#6 KyPaintball

KyPaintball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:11 PM

A lot of the bad stories you hear about them relate to the v1 profits and not the new ones but I can tell you how it works, if someone buys them, doesn't like them, instead of being mature and deciding "okay, these are built well, but there just not built for me." they go into toddler tantrum mode of death and decide they are the worst thing ever and say "I HATE THESE I CAN'T EVEN HEAR THE AIR HORN TO SIGNAL THE START OF A GAME" get ----------- they are the best because they work particularly well for me so obviously they are the best for everyone!

Seriously though, I have profits, the v3 with the holes in the ear pads and I used them all summer here in ky and it gets pretty hot ( 80s-90s), they never fog, never moved around on my head, and I can hear and communicate well with my team, if your breathing heavy it does feel like your breathing in hot air sometimes but not enough to bother you, you ARE wearing a mask after all, you can't expect protection without any down sides, nothing is perfect, what I would really recommend would be to go to your local field and ask to try on a pair, only way to know for sure.

As far as the puking that would be from either not drinking anything, or drinking too much and then running around, not the mask.

Hope this helps!

Welcome to the site!

I feel as though my post is lacking so below I have attached a picture of a shark giving a gorilla a high five in front of an explosion.

#7 81794mn

81794mn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:48 PM

No the puking was from the fact that the breathing was terriable in them on 3 diffrent accounts from people in great shape it wasn't from not a good intake of water it was not being able to breath verywell. If your not playing in really hot water like we do in tx then you should be fine.

#8 destrega

destrega

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:37 PM

Profits are very good masks, I just don't prefer them to my grillz. They tend to be much hotter than other masks, hearing for me is a problem, but the biggest problem for me is the breathing I've more or less got used to it now; but when I first got them compared to any of the other masks I have they were horrible. Horrible, as in I pretty much understood what it was like to have asthma and play.

However, the lenses are in my opinion the best on the market. They are extremely well built, the quick change lens system is the best in the business as far as I'm concerened, and I love the dual strap system.
People need to realize that paintball is an expense, not a investment.

#9 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,051 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

First thing I want to say is that I do NOT have the v1 profits.
The profits are comfortable and the foam is soft but I find the way the mask sits on your head puts most of the pressure on your forehead where as most masks put more pressure on the foam under your eyes, I would call this a disadvantage because it feels wierd(also the foam is starting to wear out on mine) secondly it is insanely hot wayyy too hot for the summer I am using mine now but that is because it's winter. The hearing is a hot topic with the profits, yes you can hear while wearing them just not as good it isn't a deal breaker but it is enough to be a disadvantage. Also the venting is crap so I did the hebiki cutting mod on mine and it's a little better but still not good.
I do find that they fog quite a bit but not in winter

#10 626EB

626EB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:17 PM

fogs a lot

#11 squally

squally

I am a flying squall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

Thanks everyone alot I might get them nOw or flexes.

#12 Superman

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

No the puking was from the fact that the breathing was terriable in them on 3 diffrent accounts from people in great shape it wasn't from not a good intake of water it was not being able to breath verywell. If your not playing in really hot water like we do in tx then you should be fine.

you sire are full of shit and i'll be more than happy to call you out on this
you do not throw up from problems with breathing
puking is an a sign of heat exhaustion and a earlier sign of heat stroke
heat exhaustion comes from sitting in the sun for long periods of time and improper intake of water
i can a sure you i'm an EMT and i know what i'm talking about
please quit making dumb comments your only making yourself seam like an unreliable source of information

#13 Rollieelmo

Rollieelmo

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:36 PM

1. Make account on techpb.
2. Start a thread.
3. ?????
4. PROFIT
Rockin' Cocks Revolution
MCB Feedback - Techpb feedback - PBN Feedback

#14 amjam94

amjam94

TechPB's Resident Hungarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:47 PM

this is kind of on topic... what do you guys think of the flexes? i kinda have a big head
NJ Baller
I reject your reality and substitute my own

#15 squally

squally

I am a flying squall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:05 PM

2. Start a thread.
3. ?????
4. PROFIT

What are you you talking about. I have had an account for awhile now. Just haven't been putting new threads up lately

#16 Rollieelmo

Rollieelmo

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:08 PM

2. Start a thread.
3. ?????
4. PROFIT

What are you you talking about. I have had an account for awhile now. Just haven't been putting new threads up lately

South park reference.
Rockin' Cocks Revolution
MCB Feedback - Techpb feedback - PBN Feedback

#17 81794mn

81794mn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:37 PM

heat exhaustion comes from sitting in the sun for long periods of time and improper intake of water
please quit making dumb comments your only making yourself seam like an unreliable source of information

So if im full of shit then why did everyone else in our rental vforce googles not have a problem they were all exposed to the same amount of heat for the same amount of time...so your gonna tell me that all three times the three separate guys were all stupid enough to not drink water....I think not

#18 pballgiant

pballgiant

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:49 PM

I love my profits
IF YOUR UNDER 18 AND PAY FOR YOUR OWN STUFF PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE
My Setup: Luxe 2.0/Empire Axe, Dye Rotor, Ninja 68/45
Empire Trracer, 50 Round Hopper, GA 50/45

#19 Superman

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

So if im full of shit then why did everyone else in our rental vforce googles not have a problem they were all exposed to the same amount of heat for the same amount of time...so your gonna tell me that all three times the three separate guys were all stupid enough to not drink water....I think not

yes and/or they sat in the heat to long

#20 pbkid74

pbkid74

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:56 PM

How are Profits on smaller heads like size 7 heads? I wear i4's since its small but I love them and want 2 masks because why not
Set up:
Invert Mini Dust Black, Ninja 45/45 tank, Empire Magna smoke, Dye i4's black
PAINTBALLS DO HURT.....For a second so stop being such a bitch about...

#21 Superman

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:05 PM

profits are probably on the medium to big size on the spectrum
its hard to say because i dont know hat sizes
i would suggest try out a proflex

#22 NDomipolo

NDomipolo

Tier 1 is coming....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:18 PM

I like the profits i have them they are a great fit the foam on the ears isnt that big of a deal but the new masks dont have the foam so that problem is gone, they have a really nice lens and you see alot. They are easily my favorite mask over i4s and flexs

#23 pbkid74

pbkid74

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:33 PM

Maybe I can use them, It'll be a struggle at the local field haha
Set up:

#24 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:35 PM

my profits fogged on me and i couldn't hear well. i am getting proflexes now

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#25 squally

squally

I am a flying squall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

Jeez you guys are still making it hard on me too choose between proflexes and profits

#26 AJ1337

AJ1337

MEOW :3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

the build quality of the profit is above any other mask.. and IMO they make the best lenses too, i live in venezuela where its incredably humid and hot and i have not had any trouble with fogging or breathability for that matter i personally love my sly profit Posted Image

#27 Superman

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:23 PM

some people have fogging issues because they fail to remove a plastic piece thats there for a rain guard
and proflexs you better buy them in person because there foam can be hit and miss

#28 pbkid74

pbkid74

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

What is this rain guard thing you speak of?
Set up:

#29 Superman

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:53 PM

well its a little plastic piece that says Sly at the top of the lens area

#30 The Crazy Cow

The Crazy Cow

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:45 PM

I HATE THEM!!!

mine fog up in prefect wether playing recball
super warm
no breahability.

dont know if I got a bad unit

Moo.

#31 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:33 AM

i have worn every single mid-highend mask on the market and i can assure you the profit is a great mask it does not fog fits comfortably and anyone complaining about the heat is either A not focused on the game. B. ignorant. c. doesn't take their mask off all day and doesn't drink enough water. i have never had any breathing or hearing issues and i use a version 1 if your mask is hot or fogging try taking the plastic rain cover that comes with them off which covers half the venting in the mask. it is a great mask and you will not be disappointed, between my flex and my profit it is a hard choice which to use for the day.

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

#32 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:36 AM

I HATE THEM!!!

mine fog up in prefect wether playing recball
super warm
no breahability.

dont know if I got a bad unit

you probably didn't you more than likely got water in the lens, broke the seal between the 2 panes, and don't have the rain cover taken off. try a new lens if it is fogging badly. but if you hate them that bad i will pm you my address and i will rid you of it, could always use another mask for the people i bring out.

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

#33 PB2011

PB2011

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:41 AM

I sold mine, out of all the masks I have tried, they were my least favorite. They were noticeably heavier then most masks, and I had fogging and breathing issues. That said, I think they are the most comfortable mask, and would pretty nice for winterball. Masks are all 110% preference though.
It's a trap! -Admiral Ackbar, a long long time ago.

#34 TylerG10

TylerG10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:44 AM

It really all depends on the person. I hate profits. Everyone other person I know loves them. I hate the look the fell and everything about them. It depends on the person as our views won't really help you once you get into the higher quality masks. Your best bet is to go to your local store and try some on. I use E-vents and I love the I4s.

#35 OR Baller CST

OR Baller CST

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:50 AM

I think 3 people were stupid enough to not drink enough. It's not hard to find instances of people not drinking enough water at the same place. Decay of nations for one. A lot of sport tournaments in the summer.

The people probably thought they drank 'enough' but hydration starts days before the event.

#36 Superman

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:55 AM

Profits are awesome masks if you have issues you:
a. messed up the lens
b. didn't remove the rain cover
c. are stupid
d. aren't hydrating
e. never tried the mask and going off what you heard or think
i have owned every single highend mask
theses and the proflex are the only two that stayed

#37 m4ndark

m4ndark

Heart is what wins tournaments - Fraige

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:40 AM

i think any mask but i4 will fit nice on smaller or bigger heads.
i recomend profits for the double strap and nice ear protection, they are super confy. if you have the chance, try testing it before you buy.

edit: about the breathing and warm issues, i cant tell nothing since i didnt use the profits on a long game.

Edited by m4ndark, 26 January 2012 - 11:46 AM.

Gewn Owners * Rotor Syndicate * HK Army Collective
Brazil- passionate baller

#38 Kikkia

Kikkia

Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:52 PM

I have had no problems at all with my V1 profits. If you need more breathing cut out a little bit of the venting, it helps a lot.
Etek3 /Dye Rotor/GI 68/45

#39 pbkid74

pbkid74

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:20 PM

Hows the profits on smaller heads since I have i4's because it is small
Set up:

#40 The Crazy Cow

The Crazy Cow

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:28 PM

I have the v2 ones<BR><BR>comfy<BR>warm<BR>hearing is fine<BR>fog though<BR><BR>bottom line<BR><BR>events are better
Moo.

#41 AbRa KaDaBrA

AbRa KaDaBrA

came for the jugs stayed for the wubs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:42 PM

Lol why don't you just go to a local shop and try them on for yourself? Even if u gotta drive for an hour it's worth saving the $90 if you don't like them when you try them on buy something else, he'll you can do thy whial ur at said shop and
1. Suport a local paintball store
2. Save time (don't need to wait for shipping)
3. Save money by not buying gear you don't like

No one ever thinks of that

#42 Coastermaniac

Coastermaniac

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:52 PM

Problem is that breathing while at rest is not really the same as breathing hard while in-game in the heat.

In a shop the profits will feel amazingly confortable, really secure, nice field of view and great quality overall.

However I have found after playing with them that the breathability is sub-par with all the other high-end masks (haven't tried events but all the others yes.) No fogging though.

I right now use proflexes, this may be why I think the profits have such bad breathability but I prefer to sacrifice that ounce of confort for the extra breathability.

#43 pbkid74

pbkid74

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:58 PM

Lol why don't you just go to a local shop and try them on for yourself? Even if u gotta drive for an hour it's worth saving the $90 if you don't like them when you try them on buy something else, he'll you can do thy whial ur at said shop and
1. Suport a local paintball store
2. Save time (don't need to wait for shipping)
3. Save money by not buying gear you don't like

No one ever thinks of that

Because during hockey season I barley have time to play nonetheless go to the store to try a mask on....
Set up:

#44 Mocking Da Bird

Mocking Da Bird

Hold it down with the AXE!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:26 AM

To be honest, the profits look very comfortable, but breathing really hard can cause some breathing problems. I'd just get the Events. Good mask, but my opinion is kind of biased. Don't even consider the i4s. Unless you want neck/chin/jaw shots and show off how badass you are.

Fuck yeah.jpg
Empire Axe, Ninja 68/45, Rotor, Empire jersay, Proto pants, Proto 3+4, Events

#45 xmagman

xmagman

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:01 AM

I have the v1 Profits and I absolutely love them. I have had zero issues from them. No fogging issues, no breathing issues, and no hearing issues. They are super comfy and the stock lens is the best you can get. I have played in cold weather, rainy weather, at night, in sub-tropical temperatures, and on a tropical island with the Profits. And in that variety of environments I have not had one single issue with the Profit. They are a fantastic all around mask.
-X

Shooting MacDev guns since 2006!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users