#1 sqyire

sqyire

Maine-iac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

http://www.lvrj.com/...08.html?ref=908

A Henderson teenager who participated in a paintball shooting spree must remain in custody while awaiting his sentencing hearing, a Juvenile Court judge ruled Tuesday.

Christian Melton, 16, appeared to fight back tears as he stood in the courtroom alongside his parents and lawyer. His mother held his hand.

Defense attorney Mark Anderson described the teenager as "a really good kid who did some bad things."

"We understand that the charges and Christian's actions are definitely serious ones, but there are things to be balanced against that," the lawyer told Judge William Voy.

Anderson noted that Melton's 18-year-old co-defendant, Robert Lockwood, was released on his own recognizance last week.

"I think equity would suggest that Christian should also be given that opportunity," the lawyer argued.

Henderson police have arrested three teenagers, including Melton and Lockwood, in connection with eight incidents in late December in which people were shot with a paintball gun.

Two of the victims were shot in the eye.

Paintball is a game in which players seek to eliminate opponents by marking them with a water-soluble dye shot in capsules from air guns. Participants typically wear eye protection.

Melton and 17-year-old Aaron Briggs appeared Thursday before Juvenile Court Hearing Master Thomas Kurtz and admitted the allegations in two of the counts they faced: battery with substantial bodily harm, which is a felony, and battery, a misdemeanor. The counts involve all the victims.

Both juveniles denied firing the paintball gun at any of the victims.

Kurtz ordered both teens to remain in custody pending sentencing, which is scheduled for Jan. 31 before Voy, but Anderson requested Tuesday's detention review hearing for his client.

The attorney stressed that Melton is the youngest of the three who face charges in the case. He said common sense suggests that the youngest followed the lead of the older participants.

Anderson also said Melton has strong family support and has been in trouble with the law only once before, four years ago, when he took money from a tip jar. The lawyer said Melton was attending classes at the College of Southern Nevada before his recent arrest and has expressed remorse for his involvement in the shootings.

Deputy District Attorney Kimberly Adams told Voy the teenager was not a passive participant in an isolated incident. She said he was driving his own car during several incidents.

In separate interviews with police, Lockwood and Briggs each said Melton came up with the idea of randomly shooting people with the paintball gun.

Records show that the shooting spree began on Dec. 19, when three people were shot, and ended on Dec. 28.

Lockwood admitted being present during a Dec. 26 incident at the Walmart on Lake Mead Parkway near Boulder Highway, but he said Melton shot the employee there. In that incident, a shopping cart attendant was shot in the eye and initially lost 75 percent of his vision in the wounded eye.

Adams called the attacks "senseless and violent."

She argued that Melton poses a risk to the community and should be detained.

In denying Anderson's request for Melton's release, Voy said he might have viewed the lawyer's arguments differently had the teenager not already admitted his involvement in the crimes.

Melton's parents, Donald and Susan, declined to comment after the hearing.

Lockwood appeared Thursday before Henderson Justice of the Peace Stephen George, who released him on his own recognizance with intensive supervision pending a preliminary hearing, which is scheduled for Feb. 13.

A Clark County School District spokesman said Lockwood is enrolled at Foothill High School in Henderson. The spokesman said records show that Briggs and Melton attended Foothill until October, when they were withdrawn.

Contact reporter Carri Geer Thevenot at cgeer@reviewjournal.com or 702-384-8710.

#2 Rotozip2

Rotozip2

BRO do you even autococker?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:27 PM

Thats stupid that they let one kid go.

I never get wipers, blood is hard to wipe off.

Do it with style ~ Total Grief

I like autocockers and autococker accessories.

#3 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:50 PM

fuckin idiots i hope the prosecute them to the fullest extent possible. and typical "i bought it a few days before" fucking retards i swear...:tdn:

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

#4 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,675 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

haha dumbass why does he play with them in the first place. id rather egg a venue than paintball it because its cheaper and quieter.
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#5 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,919 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:53 PM

I really do hope the people with eye injuries will recover fully, and the people responsible are charged and convicted with the most serious crime they can be.

#6 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,653 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:55 PM

5 years.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#7 Shortbuscrew

Shortbuscrew

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,120 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:13 AM

Sigh, i hope the shopping cart dude gets a nice lawyer and sues the fuck outta them and the parents. Vision loss of 75% in 1 eye, if not recovered fully that guys life will be handicaped forever.
my first job was what he has, and trust me, it sucks, but to get shot in the eye while working. yeah. payday bitches.

The guy has a good case, the one kid basically pleaded guilty and gave up the others.
My My Feedback 7/0/0

#8 Red Infinity

Red Infinity

sugar berzerk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

Kids need to be in jail.

Edited by Red Infinity, 22 January 2012 - 11:25 AM.

RAWR?

#9 Dominerva210

Dominerva210

Out of the Way, Jerks.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

"a really good kid who did some bad things."

This is one of the most bullshit arguments you could ever use. If they did some bad things then they're a bad kid. This over-protective "Oh he really is a good kid." attitude shows a lack of discipline. I'm Glad they're holding him. I hope this ordeal fucks up the rest of his life. Blatant violence like this should not be tolerated in any way, even if he is 16. He's fully aware of his actions and SHOULD know it's wrong, but apparently his parents failed him.

Edited by Dominerva210, 22 January 2012 - 02:33 PM.

Posted Image

"the traccer is all plasticy and feels like an old BE gun when you pump it. yuck!"- cockerpunk May 31, 2011 11:47 am

I wouldn't trust someone who makes an ad like that to fill a cup of water.

#10 Red Infinity

Red Infinity

sugar berzerk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:38 PM

HIs parents shouldn't be trying to defending him. I wouldn't let my child do anything that I didn't see for the next 2 years.
RAWR?

#11 atlpaintball24

atlpaintball24

Do you even lift?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

Just throw the kid in the slammer, he's a dumbass.

#12 SNAKESNIPER

SNAKESNIPER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:47 PM

This is one of the most bullshit arguments you could ever use. If they did some bad things then they're a bad kid. This over-protective "Oh he really is a good kid." attitude shows a lack of discipline. I'm Glad they're holding him. I hope this ordeal fucks up the rest of his life. Blatant violence like this should not be tolerated in any way, even if he is 16. He's fully aware of his actions and SHOULD know it's wrong, but apparently his parents failed him.

Agreed. Both of those kids should be locked up for a while, probably teach them some lessons they obviously need that their parents aren't teaching.

#13 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:51 PM

You steal a Tip jar?

A damn tip jar? REALLY?
The people who have to deal with total douchbags ALL DAY LONG and you steal the one thing they actually look forward to, when the logical sensible people toss them some extra coin so they can pick up that coffee on the way home, or get that rose for his/her girlfriend boyfriend just to make them smile. and you stole that?

BRO.

I say you empty his bank account to the wal-mart employee.

I have Zero sympathy for his tears. None.
Common Sense doesn't mean Following the leader who's shooting people with a paintball gun.
Common sense says, "Yea I'll pass"

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#14 Superman

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:13 PM

if he just shot up house slap him on the rist and move on
but
for shooting people he needs jail time

#15 PeanutWing

PeanutWing

Sleepy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:19 PM

Another park bites the dust, HEY! I'm gunna get you too! Another park bites the dust!

All the soccer moms stop letting kids have Birthday parties in that area, parks die. I want to shit down this kids neck while reading the Sunday morning funnies.

Edited by PeanutWing, 25 January 2012 - 07:19 PM.

#16 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:01 PM

Why would you hope that? It helps nobody. The guy doesnt get his sight back, the kid becomes another burden of society, or someone who is in and out of jail their entire life costing the rest of the country money.
I hope the kid gets a moderately strong sentence, comes to the realization that its all HIS fault, lives up to what hes done, and moves on to lead a productive life.

Edited by IhasAcellular, 25 January 2012 - 08:02 PM.

Posted Image

#17 Dominerva210

Dominerva210

Out of the Way, Jerks.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:55 AM

Why would you hope that? It helps nobody. The guy doesnt get his sight back, the kid becomes another burden of society, or someone who is in and out of jail their entire life costing the rest of the country money.
I hope the kid gets a moderately strong sentence, comes to the realization that its all HIS fault, lives up to what hes done, and moves on to lead a productive life.

He should have known that in the first place. I'm actually sure he knows it's his fault and is more so crying over the fact that he is being punished for it. Again, Blatant violence like this shouldn't be take as lightly as it is in this country. A man could have lost his vision because some little shit thought it would be funny to shoot him with a paintball gun. He's already a menace to society. And it wasn't just one day, it was over a week of just going out and doing this for shits a giggles. You think someone with this behavior is going to move on and lead a productive life? Hell no. I'd be willing to bet that those classes he's taking are continued education courses to get his GED.

Posted Image

"the traccer is all plasticy and feels like an old BE gun when you pump it. yuck!"- cockerpunk May 31, 2011 11:47 am

#18 Vincenzo

Vincenzo

Teach Me How To Dougie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:02 AM

Ok I belive that was a mess up choose :dodgy: but kids if not the world need to understand what mike said "I play a game of tag that people shoot eachotheres with balls of paint.to get each other out." Paintball needs to stop being treated like a way kids can hurt eachother and brake other peoples property. I feel like only texhpb is full of the only teenagers(and adults) who don't treat this sport like shit and techpb need to be known for that not pbnation

TECHPB TO THE FRONT!!!!!

Edited by Vincenzo, 29 January 2012 - 06:04 AM.

#19 Noreac

Noreac

In a perpetual state of confusion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:47 AM

At first I thought he was shooting some houses then running off and was like, naah jail time is too much.

But then I read on....shot a man in the eye.

Throw him in and lose the keys.

Reminds me of this video.

Real men play paintball.

#20 JGARRIGUES0001

JGARRIGUES0001

idk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

i say he runs a gauntlet without a mask... and every techpb member gets to lay ropes at uncapped ramp with those hard ass walmart paintballs i keep hearing about

and he has to buy all the paint we shoot him with

Edited by JGARRIGUES0001, 01 February 2012 - 11:37 AM.

#21 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:06 PM

5 years.

Death

#22 blckninja

blckninja

Computer Tech

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:19 PM

How old is he? 16. How much dumb shit did everyone else do when they were young. Yes, you might not have shot a paintball gun at someone, but that doesnt mean you didn't do anything. He has the rest of his life to ruin, let him go now. He is a kid for christ sakes.

etek.jpg

#23 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

ninja i don't know about you but for all the shenanigans i have done and will do. i never drove up to someone and shot them in the face with a weapon. stop being a dumbass and falling for his "oh he just made a few mistakes" and "boys will be boys" defense. he openly committed to doing this there is no "oh i just missed" they pulled up, STOPPED asked for directions and shot him. blatantly obvious they had time to aim the thing and shoot him. and from about 3 feet away there is no way in hell they missed what they were aiming for.

Edited by Demon, 07 February 2012 - 03:47 PM.

UNL Husker Paintball

My Feedback

#24 blckninja

blckninja

Computer Tech

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:55 PM

ninja i don't know about you but for all the shenanigans i have done and will do. i never drove up to someone and shot them in the face with a weapon. stop being a dumbass and falling for his "oh he just made a few mistakes" and "boys will be boys" defense. he openly committed to doing this there is no "oh i just missed" they pulled up, STOPPED asked for directions and shot him. blatantly obvious they had time to aim the thing and shoot him. and from about 3 feet away there is no way in hell they missed what they were aiming for.

A ) Don't insult me or use derogatory words. I don't care that this is on the internet and you can say whatever you want, that kind talking is not necessary.

B ) Where in the article did it say they stopped, asked for directions, and shot people. I read through it and could not find where that was mentioned. If you do find it please tell me where it was at.

C ) I think that he should be let go, but be on a very tight leash. Yes, the DDA said he posed a risk to the community, but that doesnt mean he is a risk. Let him try and mend for his mistakes, everyone deserves a second chance.

etek.jpg

#25 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

it was in the earlier news report. previous to the sentencing. i read it back when this first came out i can see if i can find it. it was when the news company first interviewed the walmart employee.

he is definitely a risk. it has been known that he has committed petty theft. been expelled from school and yet still the parents sit here going "little jimmy is a good boy, he could never hurt a fly" he should be incarcerated and shown some real discipline because his parents obviously are not up to the task.

if you fall for them saying that he is just a kid, then you are a dumbass. it is that kind of lackadaisical attitude that lets little fuckers like this continue to ruin other law abiding citizens lives.

UNL Husker Paintball

My Feedback

#26 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:06 PM

Aw mommy held his hand now throw his ass in jail
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#27 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

here it is, now try to tell me this little fuck doesn't deserve the worst the court can dish out?

http://www.lvrj.com/...-137266463.html

UNL Husker Paintball

My Feedback

#28 blckninja

blckninja

Computer Tech

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

here it is, now try to tell me this little fuck doesn't deserve the worst the court can dish out?

http://www.lvrj.com/...-137266463.html

You have your opinion I have mine.

etek.jpg

#29 Josh13

Josh13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

Oh shit things just got real.

#30 Shortbuscrew

Shortbuscrew

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,120 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:13 AM

A ) Don't insult me or use derogatory words. I don't care that this is on the internet and you can say whatever you want, that kind talking is not necessary.

B ) Where in the article did it say they stopped, asked for directions, and shot people. I read through it and could not find where that was mentioned. If you do find it please tell me where it was at.

C ) I think that he should be let go, but be on a very tight leash. Yes, the DDA said he posed a risk to the community, but that doesnt mean he is a risk. Let him try and mend for his mistakes, everyone deserves a second chance.

Well.. A) im with demon this, you have to be a dumbass to even think that these kids should get a pass. They are lucky to have 3 of each charge, rather than the 8 people they shot for 8 charges on each account. to begin with they are getting a slap on the wrist.

B) here, let me qoute it for you. The very first sentence, very hard to miss.
Walmart employee Andrew Janisky was collecting shopping carts at a Henderson store on Dec. 26 when a passenger in a vehicle asked him how to get to U.S. Highway 95.

As the 22-year-old employee began to give directions, another person in the vehicle shot him in the right eye with a paintball gun.

C) He was actually posed a risk and not let go, the adult was let go on a tight leash.. .Not a risk? seriously, he was part of a very cruel, malicious crime involving 8 victims... Second chance my ass, the judge should throw the book right at him in a court hearing and smoke the kid in the eye. Feeling bad? after 7 people on the 8th, he surely didnt feel anything as he continued to do so.

Should i shoot you in the eye after asking directions, point blank? And then in court, look at you and say i should be let go and have a second chance. Would you be satisfied with that ruling of a judge? Boys will be boys right?

Edited by Shortbuscrew, 08 February 2012 - 12:14 AM.

My My Feedback 7/0/0

#31 Chance

Chance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:35 AM

in my opinion kids shooting people could also give paintball a bad name

#32 Kikkia

Kikkia

Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

I also agree with demon. That is ASSAULT with a weapon. Also did anyome notice is said "paintball is TYPICALLY played wearing masks"
Etek3 /Dye Rotor/GI 68/45

#33 IPWNU

IPWNU

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

If or when he gets charged, his life is basically over. With a criminal record like that?? Like, com'on man. Hes screwed Posted Image
Posted Image

R.I.P. Danijel 'BORG' Jagodic

#34 Shortbuscrew

Shortbuscrew

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,120 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

If or when he gets charged, his life is basically over. With a criminal record like that?? Like, com'on man. Hes screwed Posted Image

Good, make a statement with this kid for anyone else thinking of pulling bullshit stunts like this in the future. Give this kid a get out of jail free card, and garauntee it he'll be back out doing more shit thats worse and idiots will just keep going "oh but he'll get a record and his life will be screwed up. Guess what buddy, his life and his thought process is already FUCKED up.
My My Feedback 7/0/0

#35 Dominerva210

Dominerva210

Out of the Way, Jerks.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:57 AM

How old is he? 16. How much dumb shit did everyone else do when they were young. Yes, you might not have shot a paintball gun at someone, but that doesnt mean you didn't do anything. He has the rest of his life to ruin, let him go now. He is a kid for christ sakes.

By legal terms, yes that is true. But from a biological standpoint, at the age of 8 children are fully aware of what's right and what's wrong; and understand that there are consequences for their actions. By 16 you are an adult. There is no sudden change in your behavior from 17 to 18, you've already experienced all that change long before then.

Posted Image

#36 imawsome!

imawsome!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:44 AM

some people are just stupid and ruin the game for us actual playrers

#37 V8Special

V8Special

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

When i was younger i was shot at by two kids in my neighborhood, the parents did nothing to them, luckily I was not shot in the eye and no real harm was done although in retrospect I should have called the cops and brought up charges against them. Years later I found out that one of the kids robbed a restaurant that his friend was working at, cops couldnt prove it but i found out because the kids was so stupid he told his girlfriend and she told my sister. It was about five grand I think. My point is that kids that are stupid enough to shoot people up with paintballs, without mask, need to be punished because these are the kids who grow up to do even worse things. I'm sorry that the parents have to come to terms that either they are bad parents or their kids are evil. This kid is now 26 years old, lazy, lives at home, takes drugs, and is one fuck up away from real jail time. Maybe if I had pressed charges he would have learned. Now I'm only talking about one of the two kids who shot me because they were brothers and the younger brother was being influenced by his older evil brother, which does not justify his actions but you could tell he wasn't the bad seed. We lived in the same neihborhood so i was friends with the family for a little bit and I saw first hand how fucked up the family was. I have even more stories of shit he used to do. The younger brother has graduated from college and is probably living a healthy life away from his older brother. My wife is currently pregnant and I hope that I will be wise enough to punish my kid when he deserves it.

#38 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

You steal a Tip jar?

A damn tip jar? REALLY?
The people who have to deal with total douchbags ALL DAY LONG and you steal the one thing they actually look forward to, when the logical sensible people toss them some extra coin so they can pick up that coffee on the way home, or get that rose for his/her girlfriend boyfriend just to make them smile. and you stole that?

BRO.

I say you empty his bank account to the wal-mart employee.

I have Zero sympathy for his tears. None.
Common Sense doesn't mean Following the leader who's shooting people with a paintball gun.
Common sense says, "Yea I'll pass"

THIS
FUCKING THIS
I work a tipped position, and tips are a godsend, this kids a loser
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users