26 replies to this topic

#1 squally

squally

I am a flying squall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:15 PM

Do you guys like the visor look sometimes. I like how the visors look on the grills

#2 626EB

626EB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:39 PM

Depends wat mask i like the visor on the profilers

#3 oldnewb

oldnewb

always playing Devil's advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

Don't really have an opinion on how they look. As for how they work, I love visors. Helps deflect rain away from the front of your goggles (and the inside of your goggles, if it's big enough to cover the goggles top vents), and offers shade against glare (which helps you see better, AND casts shadows over your eyes so that your face is harder to recognize as such... breaks up your silhouette in woodsball).

It's one of the things I dislike about Proto Pro Axis and Dye i4's... they aren't offered with visors. All my other masks have them... why not the Dye offerings? Especially since the Dye and Proto masks are every bit (often more) as expensive.
Techpb Mike doesn't use Trojan Magnum extra large condoms 'cause he doesn't believe in underboring.

Techpb Mike doesn't hide behind cover. Instead, he shoots down incoming paintballs.

#4 squally

squally

I am a flying squall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:21 PM

Don't really have an opinion on how they look. As for how they work, I love visors. Helps deflect rain away from the front of your goggles (and the inside of your goggles, if it's big enough to cover the goggles top vents), and offers shade against glare (which helps you see better, AND casts shadows over your eyes so that your face is harder to recognize as such... breaks up your silhouette in
woodsball).
It's one of the things I dislike about Proto Pro Axis and Dye i4's... they aren't offered with visors. All my other masks have them... why not the Dye offerings? Especially since the Dye and Proto masks are every bit (often more) as expensive.

Agreed that's why I'm selling my i4's for grills

#5 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,670 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:28 PM

i like the forehead protector on my profiler
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#6 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:02 PM

Iv'e never used them; but they do work well and look pretty decent if your'e into that sort of thing.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#7 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,954 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

Don't really have an opinion on how they look. As for how they work, I love visors. Helps deflect rain away from the front of your goggles (and the inside of your goggles, if it's big enough to cover the goggles top vents), and offers shade against glare (which helps you see better, AND casts shadows over your eyes so that your face is harder to recognize as such... breaks up your silhouette in woodsball).

my i4's have a visor ;)

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#8 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,653 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:41 PM

In the rain yay, anywhere else nay.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#9 estrada19

estrada19

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:27 AM

my i4's have a visor ;)

Pics or it didn't happen

R.I.P Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

Black to blue fade Angel A1, Pinokio & Dye I4's
My Feedback 5/0/0

#10 JGARRIGUES0001

JGARRIGUES0001

idk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:55 PM

my i4's have a visor ;)

Pics or it didn't happen

lmao i have a visor and forehead protector that are removable from another mask so i'll see if they can be jerry rigged on there... ill letcha know
but for rain just get a bucket/boonie hat.. they work good and look ridiculous

Edited by JGARRIGUES0001, 21 January 2012 - 05:55 PM.

#11 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:40 PM

I love the look of them but hate the feel of them in the summer, unless it's raining. And Grillz all the way.
LoNgBalLeR......................................................................................................SPLAT!!!

#12 J_DUB

J_DUB

Balls to the Walls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:01 PM

they help in rain
Posted Image

#13 blckninja

blckninja

Computer Tech

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:38 PM

Personally no, I don't like them. I only keep them around in case I would have to play when it is raining outside.

Case in point. Dynasty in NJ.

etek.jpg

#14 Loh@Pointman

Loh@Pointman

Vires et Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:31 PM

rains a lot here, so visors are win. Helps with a few bounces too, but more importantly, helps shield the top of your head from getting shot.

Vforce has got to be the best masks out there. My first one was the profilers, then i tried the profits.. that's when i learnt that i loved the vforce line,so i got a pair of grillz and i will never use anything else! Posted Image

managed to convert a buddy too, sold him my profilers, fella used to be a JT full head cover fanboy...
[size="4"]When in doubt, empty thy hopper.

Pointman, live to serve, live to lead

SP1 for dummies, by dummies

#15 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,954 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:32 PM

my i4's have a visor ;)

Pics or it didn't happen

the visor is at my parents house lol otherwise i would

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#16 Jdalty

Jdalty

Call your hit!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:38 PM

my i4's have a visor ;)

Pics or it didn't happen

I have the stickers to prove it.

Mounds, and mounds of stickers.

#17 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:38 PM

My i4s also have a visor and IT DID HAPPEN

EDIT GRR damn HTML error.

Edited by gamefreak054, 21 January 2012 - 10:39 PM.

#18 Patar

Patar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:33 AM

visor looks good on a lot of masks. Very practical in rain, gets you a few bounces here and there, and can protect some sun from shining through your lenses.. However on a tight set up it can smack against your hopper occasionally like mine did, so when I get my new mask I'll have to check it out.

#19 Tenit

Tenit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:29 AM

Also ood in a spot where you are getting a lot of spray when someone is hosing your cover. Tip your head a bit and keep your lens clear

#20 estrada19

estrada19

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:34 AM

my i4's have a visor ;)

Pics or it didn't happen

Aww I love the loOk of i3 visor mods but I can't find an i3 visor I'd be willing to strap on

R.I.P Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

Black to blue fade Angel A1, Pinokio & Dye I4's
My Feedback 5/0/0

#21 m4ndark

m4ndark

Heart is what wins tournaments - Fraige

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:26 AM

on i4s is hella ugly, geez.
but yeah like said, only on rain, and i might use electrical tape instead of the visor, lol.
Gewn Owners * Rotor Syndicate * HK Army Collective
Brazil- passionate baller

#22 m4ndark

m4ndark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:26 AM

but yeah like said, only on rain, and i might use electrical tape instead of the visor, lol.

#23 m4ndark

m4ndark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:30 AM

but yeah like said, only on rain, and i might use electrical tape instead of the visor.

#24 m4ndark

m4ndark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:59 AM

but yeah like said, only on rain, and i might use electrical tape instead of the visor.

#25 Anti_Revolution

Anti_Revolution

Underground Productz Factory Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:40 AM

no visor on the events
Underground Productz Factory Team
Feedback 17/0/0

F/S/T: Nothing ATM

#26 oldnewb

oldnewb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:53 AM

no visor on the events

Really? Mine came with a forehead protector (deflector) and a visor. Currently running with the forehead deflector, but I'd just as happily run with the visor.
Techpb Mike doesn't use Trojan Magnum extra large condoms 'cause he doesn't believe in underboring.

Techpb Mike doesn't hide behind cover. Instead, he shoots down incoming paintballs.

#27 oldnewb

oldnewb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:56 AM

visor looks good on a lot of masks. Very practical in rain, gets you a few bounces here and there, and can protect some sun from shining through your lenses.. However on a tight set up it can smack against your hopper occasionally like mine did, so when I get my new mask I'll have to check it out.

Good point. Have you ever spotted someone from the reflected glare off the front of their lenses? Visors prevent that nicely.

Only drawback I can think of is when you're crawling or lying prone. Cuts down on your upward field of vision a little bit, but only against stuff that's practically right above you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users