2 replies to this topic

#1 ImAnExtremist

ImAnExtremist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:43 PM

Hello TechPB.

Recently, I have obtained a Ninja 68/4500 HPA tank from ANSgear.com. I had filled up my tank for the first time in about 3 months and it was roughly at 4000psi when it cooled down. As I was shooting my paintball marker, I saw the gauge's needle drop to roughly between 500-1000 PSI, and the crease where the top half of the regulator meets the bottom half of the regulator began to leak. I was certain it was my gun, until I raised it up to my ear and unscrewed my tank. The tank drained of all it's air, and had heavy condensation around the tank's regulator, as well as the carbon fibre casing. This tank has been used twice, and I never heard anything about this problem.

Notes:

Stock Ninja (Black Pearl) 68/4500 purchased from ANSgear.com.

Thank-you for reading,

Troy (ImAnExtremist)

#2 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

<br>Hello TechPB.<br><br>Recently, I have obtained a Ninja 68/4500 HPA tank from ANSgear.com. I had filled up my tank for the first time in about 3 months and it was roughly at 4000psi when it cooled down. As I was shooting my paintball marker, I saw the gauge's needle drop to roughly between 500-1000 PSI, and the crease where the top half of the regulator meets the bottom half of the regulator began to leak.&nbsp;&nbsp;I was certain it was my gun, until I raised it up to my ear and unscrewed my tank. The tank drained of all it's air, and had heavy condensation around the tank's regulator, as well as the carbon fibre casing. This tank has been used twice, and I never heard anything about this problem.<br><br>Notes:<br><br>Stock Ninja (Black Pearl) 68/4500 purchased from ANSgear.com.<br><br>Thank-you for reading,<br><br>Troy (ImAnExtremist)<br>

thank you for choosing a Ninja and what you describe usual happens at very low pressures. <br><br>when it leaks fo the bonnet and body seam it means the o-rings on the piston are not sealing. Typically this occurs when there is less then 200 psi in the reg or when the o-rings dry out or get dirty. <br><br>try and fill it again and see if it occurs again when you use it. If it does then drain the tank and pull the piston out and lube the o-rings <br>http://www.ninjapain...h=75<br><br>the videos should help you take the reg apart but if you have any questions just let me know.<br><br>Ray <br><br>

Edited by ninjapaintball, 20 January 2012 - 07:46 PM.

NINJA PAINTBALL - PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA
Ninja Paintball Factory Tech
If you have a question please post it in the NINJA/PSI GURU forum
DOT Certified Hydro Tester G777

#3 ImAnExtremist

ImAnExtremist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

Thank you very much Ray.

I'm glad I have chosen your product, since a member of the company itself is actively involved within the paintballing community. Thank you for answering.

Troy (ImAnExtremist)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users