Photo
- - - - -

CPX Sports Living Legends V Produced by Viper: "The Dark Age" (Storyline)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Viper Scenarios

Viper Scenarios

International Scenario Productions

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:23 PM

A great 2012 apocalypse has been predicted, not only by the Mayan Calendar, but also by the Inca, the Egyptians, the Hopi Indians, Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce, the I Ching, American shaman Terrance McKenna, and also the Web Bot project (which also predicted 9-11 and Katrina's destruction of New Orleans). Additionally there is a galactic alignment on 12-21-2012 that occurs only once every 25800 years, and the normal eleven-year cycle of the sun will peak again this year. This sets the stage for our story, which takes place in the not-so-distant future...

Enormous Coronal Mass Ejections (solar flares) caused by the planetary alignment on 12-21-2012 caused massive EMPs that fried most all modern electronics with any electricity running through them, from cell phones to power plants. The only electronic devices that survived were AC devices that were unplugged, a few older vehicles, and some newer vehicles and other things that had no batteries installed. However the capability to produce many more is gone.

The disturbance also disrupted our atmosphere, plunging much of the northern hemisphere into sub-freezing temperatures. As a result most of the human race rushed for the equator. (This sets our story near the Mayan ruins, integrating CPXs Mayan temple. Bedlam becomes Guatemala City, and all of the woods become Central American jungles.)

Survivors in the region slowly gathered into societal groups for survival and protection. One of the first large, organized societies modeled itself after the ancient Romans. With a lack of most modern technology and conveniences it seemed, to the leaders, to make perfect sense. History had proven that it was a successful system that brought civilization and organization to many people and a large area, albeit much of it by conquest and slavery. They simply called themselves “The New Empire.”

Just as in Europe’s “Dark Ages,” an antithesis emerged. Much like the Visigoths, the Huns, the Vandals, and the Gaul who rose up against the invading, oppressive Romans around 400 A.D., a new society opposed The New Empire, condemning their oppression and desire for conquest. While their pageantry and society may not be as impressive, their people are free and everyone has rights. Inspired by the barbarians who fought the Romans, they are simply referred to as “The Horde.”

So, as often is the case, there are really no clear "good guys" or "bad guys." Both sides feel that they are righteous and justified, and the best hope for their people.

Guatemala City, like many urban areas, is now inhabited by savage, new-age cannibals. Half insane and well-armed they make raids into neighboring areas to steal supplies and take prisoners (meals). In the city they often fight each other for food and supplies, but will also unite to protect their territories. However they are essentially like a pack of wolves…with guns.

And so we find mankind in a future that bears a strong resemblance to his past. Welcome to “Living Legends V: The Dark Age”
Kerry "Viper" Rosenberry
Event Director: Viper Paintball
www.viperpaintball.com

Posted Image

#2 Viper Scenarios

Viper Scenarios

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:25 PM

And now...in today's news...

http://www.washingto..._washingtonpost

Sun shoots a fastball at Earth

Posted Image

A huge sunspot unleashed a blob of charged plasma Thursday that space weather watchers predict will blast past the Earth on Sunday. Satellite operators and power companies are keeping a close eye on the incoming cloud, which could distort the Earth's magnetic field and disrupt radio communications, especially at higher latitudes.

"Our simulations show potential to pack a good punch to Earth's near-space environment," said Antti Pulkkinen of the Space Weather Laboratory at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt.

Edited by Viper Scenarios, 21 January 2012 - 07:28 PM.

Kerry "Viper" Rosenberry
www.viperpaintball.com

Posted Image

#3 PackerBacker

PackerBacker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:47 PM

FIRST<br><br>
Posted Image

#4 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

Inb4 doomsday theorists. Nice looking story Viper! Can't wait for May.

#5 J_DUB

J_DUB

Balls to the Walls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

Yes very nice
Posted Image

#6 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:00 PM

That's it., we're boned lol.

just kidding, the Apocalypse better not happen before LL5 or I will be PISSED! haha

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#7 InvertMinifan

InvertMinifan

#9 The Movement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

That's it., we're boned lol.

just kidding, the Apocalypse better not happen before LL5 or I will be PISSED! haha

Me and 1 of my teams wants to go incase the apocalypse does happen. Lol
LOADOUT 1: Invert Mini, Dye Rotor, Empire barrel kit, Vforce profilers, Infamous Headband, Colts beanie, CP 3+4 pack, Empire pants and Jersey, Redz Elbow pads, Franklin Knee pads.
"Empire called, Im here to repo your gear"- Todd Martinez

#8 Viper Scenarios

Viper Scenarios

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:14 PM

Bumping this for reference and for those who missed it. If I could get it pinned that would be great.
Kerry "Viper" Rosenberry
www.viperpaintball.com

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users