• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 anticastropgeon

anticastropgeon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

I've had my Axe for two months now. Out of the box it was fine, but recently I've had trouble getting it to fire when pressurized. It's not a temperature problem, either - I've experienced this issue both out on the field and then again inside after it's been sitting in my house for a week. If I turn the marker on, eyes off, and disconnected from the air tank, the marker triggers without problem. As soon as the air source is introduced, things go south. There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to why it won't trigger, but when it doesn't, I held the marker up to my ear and noticed the microswitch wasn't triggering. If I depressurize the marker, the switch will begin to trigger again.

Everything is stock - I haven't upgraded anything. Yes, I tried lubing it/cleaning it/etc, but this had no effect (again, because the problem isn't with the bolt - it operates just fine when degassed).

If this is a known problem, I'd like a solution, and if not, I'd like to know exactly what I should tell the gun tech at my local shop so that he'll know what needs to be fixed instead of him just throwing a new battery in, lubing it, and shrugging.

#2 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,814 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

I'm going to assume that what you hear clicking is the solenoid. Chances are, if the noid is inconsistently clicking/activating that it's either not getting enough power, or it's gunked up with dirt/lube.

#3 anticastropgeon

anticastropgeon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:41 PM

I'm going to assume that what you hear clicking is the solenoid. Chances are, if the noid is inconsistently clicking/activating that it's either not getting enough power, or it's gunked up with dirt/lube.

Turns out the transfer plate screw above the trigger guard was loose. Quarter turn later, everything was fine.

#4 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,814 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

Your trigger settings must be pretty tight then. The slight change in tolerances when the plate shifts due to air is pretty minuscule.

Somewhat interesting problem.

#5 JBiz227

JBiz227

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

Turns out the transfer plate screw above the trigger guard was loose. Quarter turn later, everything was fine.

Not the first time I've seen this with an Axe. Glad you figured it out.
Empire Axe w/ RF and Prophecy v2.0
University of Wisconsin - Whitewater Paintball Team Alum
2009 NCPA Class AA National Champions
APPA

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users