12 replies to this topic

#1 Sixxxer

Sixxxer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

Hi all,

So I have sold all my guns except one and now I'm going through my gear. I play mostly scenario/rec-ball, usually once or twice a month, however I'm looking to play league at a local field this summer. That is planned to be twice a month, 3-man NPPL-based rules. Also, I may play a tourney or two this summer as well.

My question: Are backup loaders/tanks really needed?

Right now I have 2 Ninja 68/4500's, Ninja 50/4500, Rotor and Prophecy. Is it really necessary to have backups for loaders/tanks or would fields have spares readily available? I'm just looking for general advice or input on this. I know the field where I'd be playing league at would have tanks/loaders available if one of mine were to go down, but would a scenario event?

I used to carry enough for two setups, but my dad doesn't play much anymore, and my wife doesn't have much interest. So the days of me loaning out another setup I think are pretty much over. If the stuff isn't needed, then I'd rather sell it so someone else can get use out of it.

Thanks all.

#2 JKDR28

JKDR28

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

Hi all,

So I have sold all my guns except one and now I'm going through my gear. I play mostly scenario/rec-ball, usually once or twice a month, however I'm looking to play league at a local field this summer. That is planned to be twice a month, 3-man NPPL-based rules. Also, I may play a tourney or two this summer as well.

My question: Are backup loaders/tanks really needed?

Right now I have 2 Ninja 68/4500's, Ninja 50/4500, Rotor and Prophecy. Is it really necessary to have backups for loaders/tanks or would fields have spares readily available? I'm just looking for general advice or input on this. I know the field where I'd be playing league at would have tanks/loaders available if one of mine were to go down, but would a scenario event?

I used to carry enough for two setups, but my dad doesn't play much anymore, and my wife doesn't have much interest. So the days of me loaning out another setup I think are pretty much over. If the stuff isn't needed, then I'd rather sell it so someone else can get use out of it.

Thanks all.

i think if you go often then maybe an extra loader is needed. feed necks might break sliding into the snake but i don't think tanks are needed that much. take care of your gear and you'll be set

#3 Patar

Patar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:38 PM

I always bring my gun and ask one of my friends to bring a backup too.

I'm kinda new to paintball so I can't always figure out whats wrong with my stuff the moment it takes a crap on me. I tried using my friend's DP FX and the asa was leaking and the eyes weren't and i didnt have an allen key to chrono it in at the right velocity. Good thing I had my mini in the car c:

If you've got a oring kit, you may not need a backup gun, but a backup tank or loader is always nice. It would suck to have to go home early just cuz you don't have an extra loader and don't feel like renting one.

#4 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

Id say a second loader would be good to throw in the car. As for everything else, not really needed. I keep a small parts kit that I made with a cheap tackle box consisting of origns, macroline fittings & macroline, an extra of each size burst disk, lube, allen keys, extra batteries, and any marker specific tools I would need (pressure tester, snap ring pliers, etc.). With those, you should be able to take care of any problem your gun should give you at the field. But it is always a good idea to make sure it is up and running like it should the day before. That's how I have done it and almost every time I have had to dig into my parts kit was to fix someone else's gun between games.

#5 Justin265

Justin265

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:27 PM

I would keep a backup loader and i dont see a reason for having a backup tank, i would just sell 2 of them, and get this for your gun-
-o-ring kit
-detents
-extra eyes mabey?
-lube/oil/greese depending on gun
-allen key set (exalt's is my favorite)
-batteries
-extra hoses and fittings
-squeegees

and anything else that you may need

"I don't always throw my gun in the dirt, but when I do, I prefer virtue crowns."

Every time I clean my marker, I put it next to a dead bird on the ground and proceeds to dance while I sing a Meredith Monk song.

#6 JGARRIGUES0001

JGARRIGUES0001

idk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:35 PM

spare tank and spare gun is my philosophy... burst disks go out on tanks so it's nice to have a second tank... plus they're good for loaning guns to friends which im always trying to bring people out to play paintball. you should be fine with 1 tank though... if u already have an extra keep it... but i wouldn't go buy a new one just to have a spare if that makes sense. the only reason i have two is cause my stubby tank was giving me bicep cramps during long games, switch to a 68 fixed that. a spare gun is good for rainy weather if you have an electric gun you don't wanna take any chances with. when it rains my Geo 2.1 goes in it's case and my TM-7 comes out
as far as a loader.. i own a rotor so i like to think im just fine in that regard

#7 epic meal time

epic meal time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:57 PM

sell two of the tanks, keep the loaders, you never know when one could go down, you could take a nasty dive, drop your gun, all that, just keep the 68/45 and the loaders

spend the money made on the tanks on other paintball stuff, such as practice and all that, or maybe on updated gear

Edited by epic meal time, 30 January 2012 - 05:58 PM.

if you lubes tank barrel and hopper you can shoot gooder

VICE F/S/T

EPIC MEAL TIME BABAAYYYY

#8 Sixxxer

Sixxxer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

Awesome thanks for all the replies. Forgot to "Watch" my own topic. I will sell the loaders and then see about the Prophecy. Can't get much for them anyways now, so might as well keep it.

#9 Duke Scrotum

Duke Scrotum

Fuck Anticipation guy...Right in the Butt!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:28 AM

I prefer to have a second EVERYTHING! gun tank and loader. along with spare parts, tools, lube, loctite, 0-rings, everything. when I go play paintball i do not want to be sitting out for any reason all day.

I have had markers spring a leak, or detents wear out, or they break paint (spools aren't quick enough to clean at the field) so I put it back in the gearbag and just grab the other gun.

I have had a fill nipple blow (the field had some but for 10$ and they didnt come with sealant preinstalled so I would have had to wait for the loctite to dry) instead i just swapped tanks.

I have broken a ball in my hopper (actually I got shot through the speed feed) so i just switched hoppers.

Most important for me is that I bring extra lenses for my mask. (these 4 things are the only gear that is REQUIRED to play so I always bring extras)

Note: You dont sound like you really need the money so I would say keep it.

PS. where do you play in MN?

baby3.png
Gearbag Sale

Because, I have a problem.
And the only way it will be better is if I have more guns.

#10 Sixxxer

Sixxxer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:59 AM

I prefer to have a second EVERYTHING! gun tank and loader. along with spare parts, tools, lube, loctite, 0-rings, everything. when I go play paintball i do not want to be sitting out for any reason all day.

I have had markers spring a leak, or detents wear out, or they break paint (spools aren't quick enough to clean at the field) so I put it back in the gearbag and just grab the other gun.

I have had a fill nipple blow (the field had some but for 10$ and they didnt come with sealant preinstalled so I would have had to wait for the loctite to dry) instead i just swapped tanks.

I have broken a ball in my hopper (actually I got shot through the speed feed) so i just switched hoppers.

Most important for me is that I bring extra lenses for my mask. (these 4 things are the only gear that is REQUIRED to play so I always bring extras)

Note: You dont sound like you really need the money so I would say keep it.

PS. where do you play in MN?

Thanks for the input. I was kind of the same mind-set, but with the amount of playing I actually do, I don't think I'll need the backups. I live up in Moorhead, play mostly local or scenario. I've been thinking of trying an Air Assault tourney or maybe the woodsball tourneys at Splat Tag. Long drives though.

#11 OR Baller CST

OR Baller CST

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:15 PM

As of right now I have 2 masks, 2 packs, and 2 loaders. I'm looking to add another tank and gun. I will soon enough, especially with me playing more tournaments.

#12 Sixxxer

Sixxxer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

As of right now I have 2 masks, 2 packs, and 2 loaders. I'm looking to add another tank and gun. I will soon enough, especially with me playing more tournaments.

Yeah see, I'm not really a tournament player. The league I plan on playing in is going to be more fun, just get out and play for something. I will maybe play one speedball tournament a summer. That's why I was wondering if a spare is really needed when I'm usually stalking around a woods and not diving into bunkers all day.

#13 Rollieelmo

Rollieelmo

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

I would say no. I'm trying to minimize the amount of gear I have to 1 complete setup if I can.
Rockin' Cocks Revolution
MCB Feedback - Techpb feedback - PBN Feedback

#14 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:56 PM

I bring a bunch of gear with me every time i play simply cause i shoot different guns depending on the crowed thats there (mostly play walk on days). So if its mostly kid and renters i play pump. &nbsp;I its a more advanced crowed i probably gone shoot my electro. &nbsp;If its a nice mix i usually break out either the Tippmann or my Automag.<div><br></div><div><br></div><div>But in the 11 or 12 years i been playing i have NEVER had an issue with a gun, hopper OR tank. &nbsp;I keep my stuff well maintained and it never lets me down. &nbsp;In fact the only thing id think you really NEED to have a spare of is lenses for your goggles.</div>
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#15 IPWNU

IPWNU

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

Just make sure you have maybe backups for something that is significantly exposed to breakage/problems while playing Rec-ball. Especially some of the more important gear. (Goggles,tanks, hoppers) Just whatever you feel absolutely insecure about breaking I guess,
Posted Image

R.I.P. Danijel 'BORG' Jagodic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users