Photo

Pump, the evil addiction, and questions ...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 b3yond

b3yond

OFWGKTA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:30 AM

so i don't know how to start off this thread or how to explain this but i just wanted to get back on techpb and make a thread in pump world ...

so after taking a hiatus from paintball for the past 2 years or so i have come to realize that i will never stop playing and that i will never give up pump. and basically after selling all of my gear and not playing for two years i have found myself after paintballing for the first time in a long in possession of a black superbolt. i'm not really sure what to do but i feel like i want to take this pump that was given to me today and actually keep it and make it the best mini sniper i can within my abilities/reason.for some reason i like the look of these since they resemble a brand that rhymes with fry ... plus it was given to me so i don't want to be a douche and just sell it cheap since nobody really wants to pay a lot for these guns.

but what would you first do to this pump? it's stock with the sanchez machine econo pump kit. i know from experience getting parts for these are a little different but i was looking and i have no idea if check it still makes theyre deluxe mini pump kit. should i just wait to get the kit till after i get a new lower tube ? i kind of forgot most of what i knew about snipers so i have a few questions.what psi should snipers (or cockers in general) be operating at. what would be the pros and cons of high pressure internals vs low pressure internals ... will ccm internals fit in this gun? will it be worth the money to get them before a new pump kit ? suggestions ? help ? thanks Posted Image

also will other standard parts for full sized body cockers fit a superbolt like a slide frame or ccm 86 frame if i wanted

Edited by b3yond, 29 January 2012 - 02:37 AM.

#2 hogzilla88

hogzilla88

Something about narwhals...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:51 AM

You shouldn't have to buy a new bolt. I know the sanchez duel rod kits come with a back block with threads on both sides, but I'm not sure if it would work since the superbolt has a p block. You could always just drill and tap the stock back block for the second pump arm. Unfortunately, CCM isn't making mini kits for a while, but if you really want to use the superbolt, I'd buy a cheap used mini sniper with a ccm kit, and take the pump kit and whatever other parts you want, and sell the body. CCM internals will fit just fine. The ccm internals along with a nice pump kit will give you a very smooth and light pump stroke. You'll be fine running hp or lp, ccm internals generally gun 300-350 psi.

Edit: the superbolt uses the twist lock bolts like the dye cockers they were copies of, right? I'm pretty sure Sanchez makes delrin bolts that will work.

Edited by hogzilla88, 29 January 2012 - 01:55 AM.

#3 b3yond

b3yond

OFWGKTA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:58 AM

You shouldn't have to buy a new bolt. I know the sanchez duel rod kits come with a back block with threads on both sides, but I'm not sure if it would work since the superbolt has a p block. You could always just drill and tap the stock back block for the second pump arm. Unfortunately, CCM isn't making mini kits for a while, but if you really want to use the superbolt, I'd buy a cheap used mini sniper with a ccm kit, and take the pump kit and whatever other parts you want, and sell the body. CCM internals will fit just fine. The ccm internals along with a nice pump kit will give you a very smooth and light pump stroke. You'll be fine running hp or lp, ccm internals generally gun 300-350 psi.

oh i just realized that the sanchez dual rod doesnt work with the superbolt so thanks for that. i guess im reconsidering trying to sell this and get a full sized sniper but i may just try and search the webs for a check it mini pump kit. but i am definitely going to probably buy some new internals then. but ya is there really any major difference in how the gun operates with hp or lp air

and yes sanchez makes the only delrin bolt of that style that i know of

edit: i need to be schooled Posted Image

Edited by b3yond, 29 January 2012 - 02:07 AM.

#4 hogzilla88

hogzilla88

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:25 AM

It might be hard to find someone selling just a pump kit (when I sold a ccm pump kit, it was sold within a couple hours), it would be much easier to find a complete or at least mostly complete sniper with some good parts on it. No real advantage to using an lp or hp tank reg, it will run fine on either.

#5 b3yond

b3yond

OFWGKTA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:42 AM

It might be hard to find someone selling just a pump kit (when I sold a ccm pump kit, it was sold within a couple hours), it would be much easier to find a complete or at least mostly complete sniper with some good parts on it. No real advantage to using an lp or hp tank reg, it will run fine on either.

well thanks im waiting on the pump kit then and since internals are universal somewhat i can always buy them and use them on another gun down the road too.

#6 hogzilla88

hogzilla88

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:16 AM

The only thing that will be different would be the valve, some use 11/16 valves, like the trilogy and mid block black magic.

#7 b3yond

b3yond

OFWGKTA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:07 AM

The only thing that will be different would be the valve, some use 11/16 valves, like the trilogy and mid block black magic.

oh so i was looking at this lower tube kit but it doesnt fit a factory Black Magic half/mid-block. i can maybe just call them since i have always heard they have great customer service.

http://www.ebay.com/...1#ht_500wt_1180

and what about grip frames can anyone tell me if standard ones will fit this body?

and as far as barrels go what do you guys think is the way i should go deadly wind with a .675 freak insert, a freak barrel kit, CP two piece, dye ultralight, lurker, not sure of any other barrels. ive only owned two CP two pieces

on my list of parts to buy so far i'm thinking of getting:
-ccm lower tube
-sanchez machine delrin bolt
-sanchez machine 45 hinge trigger (if it fits)
-ccm clamping feed neck
-and a barrel (still trying to decide)
-a cheap dovetail rail and nice on/off asa

#8 hogzilla88

hogzilla88

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:41 AM

CCM is great. Their products are awesome, and they have amazing customer service as well. Any frame will fit. The only frame that won't fit is the one from the new empire sniper, the holes are spaced differently. Any frame will be fine, but I'd recommend a CCM frame if you want to get a/t. But the sanchez frame would work just fine. It really depends on the size of the paint, but I'd get either the eigenbarrel or any barrel that takes freak inserts. I'd get the freak or deadlywind if you have the cash. And I'm not sure if the superbolt has a threaded feedneck, hut if it does, it takes STO/Timmy threaded feednecks. I'd also look into getting a bob long cam drive asa, they are my favorite.

#9 b3yond

b3yond

OFWGKTA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:50 AM

CCM is great. Their products are awesome, and they have amazing customer service as well. Any frame will fit. The only frame that won't fit is the one from the new empire sniper, the holes are spaced differently. Any frame will be fine, but I'd recommend a CCM frame if you want to get a/t. But the sanchez frame would work just fine. It really depends on the size of the paint, but I'd get either the eigenbarrel or any barrel that takes freak inserts. I'd get the freak or deadlywind if you have the cash. And I'm not sure if the superbolt has a threaded feedneck, hut if it does, it takes STO/Timmy threaded feednecks. I'd also look into getting a bob long cam drive asa, they are my favorite.

yep it has a threaded feedneck and im going to try and see if i can find out what threads it is for sure because i just looked and i read it was ac threaded feedneck and im not sure if sto's have the same threading. but i think im going to just spend the extra $10 for the ccm 86 frame over the sm 45 frame.

so far i have decided for sure im getting:
ccm lower tube
ccm 86 frame

i might just ccm it out if i'm positive im going to keep thisPosted Image

#10 hogzilla88

hogzilla88

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:43 PM

I love the 86* frame, but it's personal preference. The feedneck threading that most cockers have is called sto/timmy/cocker, all the same thing (the 2k2 intimidators used the same threads), although some PL cockers use angel or aka threads.

#11 b3yond

b3yond

OFWGKTA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:44 PM

so not sure what im going to do now as im starting to think about selling the superbolt and see how much i can get for it Posted Image and buy a check it v2 mini of the bst since those already come with the vendetta deluxe mini pump kit and check it internals.

decisions decisions

#12 Shamrock905

Shamrock905

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

I just bought the CCM Dust Black 86 degree frame and it is awesome. Highly recommend it Posted Image
2k6 Bob Long Intimidator-CP 14' .685 barrel, Pinokio, Ninja 68/4500
2k2 Cocker Pump-Hooptie Pump Kit, CCM Dust Black 86 degree trigger frame, CP 14' .685 barrel, CP Rail, CP Reg, Check-It Delrin Bolt, Ninja 13/3000 HPA tank, Pocket Hoppers.......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users