No replies to this topic

#1 ImAnExtremist

ImAnExtremist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

Hello TechPB (once again)

I am having serious problems with my Dangerous Power G4 marker. When I air my gun up, I can hear a leak along the crease where the trigger frame meets the upper part of the marker (the bolt, the feedneck, etc) I have fixed the RAPS ASA leak and the bolt stick, but it seems that it still leaks at the crease. Any tips?

Notes:

Ninja 68/4500 HPA Tank used.
Stock bolt.
Hater Sauce lubricant used throughout the gun.

Thanks,

Troy (ImAnExtremist)

#2 8765

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:58 AM

Is your G4 new?

Sounds like the solenoid is leaking. If your G4 has been used a lot, it's probably time to perform solenoid maintenance. You can half-disassemble your marker, where the G4 can still be aired up, but the top and bottom half of the frame are separated. You can identify exactly where the leak is coming from on the solenoid.

Also make sure your regulator/velocity isn't turned up too high.
"Memory is cheap." -Dr. Sam Kassegne

#3 ImAnExtremist

ImAnExtremist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

Is your G4 new?

Sounds like the solenoid is leaking. If your G4 has been used a lot, it's probably time to perform solenoid maintenance. You can half-disassemble your marker, where the G4 can still be aired up, but the top and bottom half of the frame are separated. You can identify exactly where the leak is coming from on the solenoid.

Also make sure your regulator/velocity isn't turned up too high.

I just got my G4 out of the box after about a year. The moment I got it, it had MAJOR bolt stick. I fixed that, but my RAPS ASA o-ring broke when I did. I ordered my repair kit, fixed it, and now supposedly the solenoid o-ring blew out (says DP customer service). I replace all the solenoid piston o-rings, and it still leaks. I air it up just now, the RAPS ASA o-ring broke (again) and the leak still remains from the eye covers. Did I get a faulty gun? Or do I just have bad luck?

I haven't been able to use this gun due to it's problems.

Also:

I attempted to adjust the regulator adjustment screw, but nothing stopped the leaking.

Edited by ImAnExtremist, 04 February 2012 - 02:21 PM.

#4 8765

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

If you bought a repair kit, then that should have a complete spare solenoid. Try that.

You might need to replace the bolt/breech orings as well. Luckily there isn't that many orings on a G4 to change, and most problems are solved by replacing orings.

You can also try switching air tanks, but rarely a bad tank reg is a the case. Worth a shot, if you can.

I personally have no experience with hater sauce, but some people report hater sauce causing problems.

#5 ImAnExtremist

ImAnExtremist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

If you bought a repair kit, then that should have a complete spare solenoid. Try that.

You might need to replace the bolt/breech orings as well. Luckily there isn't that many orings on a G4 to change, and most problems are solved by replacing orings.

You can also try switching air tanks, but rarely a bad tank reg is a the case. Worth a shot, if you can.

I personally have no experience with hater sauce, but some people report hater sauce causing problems.

I bought an o-ring repair kit, because at the time my RAPS ASA o-ring broke. It's extremely hard to replace the o-rings in the breach, since they machined groves in for the o-rings and also made it them nearly impossible to remove even with the help of dental picks. I've tried both my air tanks: My 68/4500 Ninja tank, and my 48/3000 Pure Energy tank, so the tank isn't an issue.

#6 8765

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:26 PM

I bought an o-ring repair kit, because at the time my RAPS ASA o-ring broke. It's extremely hard to replace the o-rings in the breach, since they machined groves in for the o-rings and also made it them nearly impossible to remove even with the help of dental picks. I've tried both my air tanks: My 68/4500 Ninja tank, and my 48/3000 Pure Energy tank, so the tank isn't an issue.

Dental picks are inexpensive and a necessity for the long run.

In theory the internal orings are subject to less wear, compared to the on-bolt orings on the G3; however they still see the most wear and tear.

You can also try replacing the regulator piston oring. Or if possible, borrow a working reg from a friend and see if anything changes.

#7 BrothaFromAmotherPlanet

BrothaFromAmotherPlanet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:29 PM

I have a DP g4 and was getting super annoyed by the leaks with macroline

Here's what I did.....

1. First get rid of the stock macroline swivels.

2. Get new macroline

3. Get some Blueloctite

4. Get a macroline cutter. I tried a razor, knife, razor knife. Could not get the cut straight (bad carpenter skills)

The good news. You can order everything from one place. Go order from macrolineguy.com. This solved everything. Now I never worry about missing out on the first game of the day due to stupid leaks.

BTW - DP ASA o-rings have a tendency to blow out. Already happened once. I like the on.off ASA but looks like CP ASA is in my future.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users