Photo

New Field! Holland Paintball Adventure Park in Buffalo/WNY Area!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 HollandPaintballRep

HollandPaintballRep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

Posted Image

Hey guys just want to let everyone know there will be a new field opening this summer in Holland, NY. It is a partnership with Holland International Speedway. I will be serving as the rep so please direct any questions you have to me and I will get back to you as soon as I can!

The purpose of this post is to announce the opening and to get any ideas from you guys that will be coming to play. We want to hear your suggestions on field type/game type/paint or anything you can think of. We are currently working on a field or two in the woods. We have some creative ideas with some old cars and tires from the speedway as well.

We are hoping to have a website for the field so I will post the link here when it is available.

Thanks guys

#2 AbRa KaDaBrA

AbRa KaDaBrA

came for the jugs stayed for the wubs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

Suggestions, have hpa that can fill a 4500psi tank not just half way. Keep paint cheap as possible (whial still making a few bucks) have a speedball field, don't use any brass eagle T storms as rentals.

#3 Paintball414

Paintball414

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

I agree with abra kadabra. The 4500 psi refill is the main important thing. The second suggestion would be quality paint that isn't over $55. That way people can afford paint, which will allow people to come more often. A speedball field would be awesome. I prefer speedball over woodsball. Also, have a practice range so we can chronograph are guns.

#4 HollandPaintballRep

HollandPaintballRep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will talk to the GM and make sure to post updates whenever I get them. Keep em coming guys!

#5 Jelly Sammich

Jelly Sammich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

Having 1 hyperball or airball field and 1 woods ball setup would be better than 2 woods ball fields in my opinion. I heard of a few more places opening up around Rochester/Buffalo area as well once the summer hits so some variety would be a good way of attracting customers to the field. Some major things I feel are always overlooked would be reffing staff, safe environment to leave gear, and clean fields. Make sure you have a fair reffing staff that will make the calls as they see them instead of looking the other way when its a buddy getting hit. Have an area meant for staging and have someone on staff keeping an eye over bags and equipment so nothing is stolen (this has happened too many times). Finally if you do decide to go with an outdoor airball field make sure the surface is cleaned off as best as possible so players aren't sliding around on rocks, metal objects, or anything sharp. I know with a woods ball field there is less control over that but just keep an eye out for things that could potentially cause injury. As for paint, you can't expect the most amazing paint for dirt cheap because the field needs to make money somehow, but making sure you get quality paint from quality companies is the key and make sure its stored and taken care of properly. I would also get a variety of paintballs (practice/field paint and tournament grade) and let people choose whether they want the more high end stuff or more of a mid range product.

#6 AbRa KaDaBrA

AbRa KaDaBrA

came for the jugs stayed for the wubs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:39 AM

absolutely a good reffing group would give you guys an upper hand, and a nice staging area is also a good thing, you dont want everyone cramped up if somone has to maintain a gun or fix a problem (this WILL happen) and make shure you keep on people for not wearing masks on the field etc etc safty first, then teamwork. makes everyone have a better time, and make sure all guns are chrono'd with a ref standing by. and keep a cupple hand held chronographs on hand to (if you have enough in the budget) making shure everyone is on a semi even playing field helps keep the guys who like to shoot hot, its not fun to get hit by hot shots, and it will discourage new players.

#7 Drunken Monkey

Drunken Monkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

When is the approximate opening day?

#8 eightcoheed

eightcoheed

Amanda Bynes' lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

Im going to the ref thing today, so ill see how the field is. Im hoping they will get a speedball field of some sort so i can stop driving an hour away to play

Proud member of the United States Air Force

#9 Sean B.

Sean B.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

I would also be interested in hearing what the official opening date is.

#10 Senior SL8R

Senior SL8R

World Domination.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

Oh thank you. You made my day.

Hpa fills are a must. A few places near here only fill co2.
A nice speedball field would be great.

Byop days once a week maybe?

Keep me updated, I'm looking forward to this.
- Crew 343 - D5 -
Posted Image

#11 Senior SL8R

Senior SL8R

World Domination.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

Any updates as of yet? I'm pretty excited about thIs.
- Crew 343 - D5 -
Posted Image

#12 Senior SL8R

Senior SL8R

World Domination.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

Since there hasn't been any updates, I figured I'd show you what I found.

http://www.hollandpa...enturepark.com/ Their website.

May 27th 2012 is the scheduled opening date.

"On Tuesday April 10th we started to set up barricades and obstacles on both of our courses. Shipwrecked is our course that will feature boats left from our CRASH-A-RAMA boat and trailer races. The second field is located within our pines, they are being trimmed 8 feet up and a name is pending!"

One Woods field for sure, And the Shipwrecked sounds like a scenario/woods field as well. I'm not seeing anything about a speedball field. But It might just not be announced yet. Either way, It's what I'm hoping for, Otherwise I'm going to move closer to GRC or NVP.

Edited by Senior SL8R, 16 April 2012 - 12:26 AM.

- Crew 343 - D5 -
Posted Image

#13 Sean B.

Sean B.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

Nice update senior!!!! Just what most of us were looking for. I am really looking forward to playing here

#14 Senior SL8R

Senior SL8R

World Domination.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

It's definitely a great move towards making WNY paintball big again, And great for all you woodsballers, however I really hope they put up at least ONE airball field. I will be so disappointed if they don't. :(
- Crew 343 - D5 -
Posted Image

#15 eightcoheed

eightcoheed

Amanda Bynes' lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:13 AM

They are not getting an airball field until next year at the earliest.

Proud member of the United States Air Force

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users