7 replies to this topic

#1 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

Ok so I have a bunch of music on my laptop that I want on my desktop. So I put the music on a USB and when I'm on my laptop it says it's all there, but when I plug it into my desktop it only shows 171 items are in the folder when there should be 900.

I've tried this with my USB, then tried it by mounting 2 of my phones as USB and they all have the same problem.

what do?
It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#2 aresfiend

aresfiend

Noob Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

What OS do you have? I don't mean just a generic response like "Windows 7" but "Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit". I also need to know the file format of your sytem, you can find this by right clicking on your C: drive in My Computer and hitting properties then somewhere near being just below the tabs it should say either Fat32 or NTFS.

#3 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

Did you make sure your USB capacity is large enought? You could buy a male USB to make and plug them together.
I think you cando that

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#4 aresfiend

aresfiend

Noob Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:23 PM

Did you make sure your USB capacity is large enought? You could buy a male USB to make and plug them together.
I think you cando that

Da fuck?

I don't think you get what his problem is. His problem is that his computer only detects certain data on his USB stick.

#5 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:33 PM

What OS do you have? I don't mean just a generic response like "Windows 7" but "Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit". I also need to know the file format of your sytem, you can find this by right clicking on your C: drive in My Computer and hitting properties then somewhere near being just below the tabs it should say either Fat32 or NTFS.

Win7 professional 64bit, NTFS
It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#6 aresfiend

aresfiend

Noob Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:14 PM

Hmmm..... try turning off hidden folders on the machine that won't show them? Sometimes they may not be shown as hidden on one machine but they might actually be.

#7 blckninja

blckninja

Computer Tech

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

Hmmm..... try turning off hidden folders on the machine that won't show them? Sometimes they may not be shown as hidden on one machine but they might actually be.

Haha its weird but this is the only thing i could think of either.

etek.jpg

#8 Brunsy

Brunsy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

If this doesn't work you can try formatting the flash drive as a last resort, just make sure you can access all the data you want on it so you can put it back on
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users