• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PatsPotatoVan

PatsPotatoVan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

Hey guys. So in late July, my friend and I decided to put together a team as captain and co-captain. We slowly recruited players and now we have a solid 5 man team that's been practicing together since late January every Sunday with a coach. We also have 5 backup players who are either too young or too inexperienced to be on the real team but they are learning. My friend(the one that started the team with me) also are the vice president and president of a high school paintball club at our school, which many of our players are in. The same friend and I were also accepted onto a college team in which we attended a few practices before the team stopped be as active. Him being a freshman in college later this year will try to get it back to an active state while I, a sophmore in high school, am in the process of getting my club due money back(Im pretty lazy). Our main team is composed of 3 sophomores, 1 freshman and one senior, all with a paying job. Including our alternates we have players ranging from ages 13-17. We are planning on doing tournament starting in early summer. I would like for us to apply for a sponsorship from JT/Empire/Invert, since we all use their products, but I don't know if it's too early for us to apply or not. Should we at least wait until after we play our first tournament or what? Please help.

Player
Photographer

Referee

#2 WiscoBaller

WiscoBaller

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

The application will ask for previous tournaments/placings, but it is not required. Honestly, if you all have your gear, sponsorships arent a huge deal. Sponsorships are a way for a company to give discounts on gear in return for advertising on your jersey. The only sponsorships I would go for are paint, if your field isnt FPO. Otherwise, I would ask your field if you can ref in return for paint/entry, and just practice more.

University of Wisconsin Whitewater Paintball Club
Sponsored by KEE, H2 Paintball, Empire
The Hooligans Paintball Team
Bob Long Victory Ripper Dye Rotor Dye Throttle 70/4500
Bob Long Ripper FST

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users