#1 Cheap-o

Cheap-o

THE neglected douche

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:24 PM

This is my guide to building a home made sniper 2

First, you will need a cocker body, check BST like MCB - there are tons of cockers there, and you can get many really cheap - or Pbnation

First pt 2: Replace any missing pieces, such as the cocking rod, bolt, or any missing pieces of internals, I recommend CCM or tornado valve, and CCM cocking rod and bolt.

Second, you will need a trigger frame, this is where the list splits off, so I will include a cheap set up, and a max'd out setup

Second(cheap), buy a ANS slider frame or any knock off of the 45 quick fire you can.

Second(Expenive), This covers part 3 so hang tight, Buy the CCM grip and autotrigger kit with pump.

Third(cheap), buy a low end pump kit, such as trinity, PMP, hooptie, or look on used BST's for high end kits for cheap, I recommend looking for the Vendetta kit.

Third(expensive), listed above, but will say it again, autotrigger kit comes with CCM deluxe pump kit.

Fourth, I recommend any reg, Black magic regs with do you quite well for the price

Final: TOTALS!

Cheap total:
Body = $60
Frame = $20 - $40
Pump kit = $30
Reg = $15

Total = $145

Expensive setup

Body = $60
Frame and pump = $160-180
Reg = $15 or $60

Total = $300

My setup
Psycho ballistics lightning $80
Drop forward on off $60
reg $50
CCM pump $75
Soft return spring $1

Total $266

Tell me if I missed something important

#2 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:32 PM

I happen to have a full functioning 2000 autococker i don't really know what kind it is, it's all silver and says all american, if it all works do i just need a pump kit? whats a good one

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg
Please feel free to private message me if you have a question about something I've posted!
If you show me an inch, I'll show you the dead-box.

-Brett

#3 Cheap-o

Cheap-o

THE neglected douche

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:37 PM

I happen to have a full functioning 2000 autococker i don't really know what kind it is, it's all silver and says all american, if it all works do i just need a pump kit? whats a good one

That should be the all american autococker - kinda like the Team Ironman DM8

Any 2000+ pump kit should work

The one mike showed on his video with the lightning will work (PMP)
The CCM 2000+ pump kit will work
The Trinity 2000+ pump kit wil work
The WGP kit will work

anything that is labeled 2000+ will work

#4 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:38 PM

http://www.ansgear.c...egory_s/785.htm

will that work w/ nothing else just that only

BTW STICKY

Edited by The-Phantom, 26 February 2009 - 11:39 PM.

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg
Please feel free to private message me if you have a question about something I've posted!

-Brett

#5 Cheap-o

Cheap-o

THE neglected douche

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:42 PM

Yes, however it doesnt have the stabilizer rod the CCM deluxe has. that might be better as you play in the woods, right?

#6 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:54 PM

yeah i do, it's not for me i currently have 2 phantoms, but i am trying to get some one else into it, this isn't for my gun, but what does the stabilizer rod do, sounds stupid but i have no idea i have never dealt with conversions.

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg

-Brett

#7 Cheap-o

Cheap-o

THE neglected douche

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:09 PM

with the pump kit that you linked, it only has one rod to stabilize the pump handle. The CCM has a smaller rod below the main guide rod to stabilize the pump handle to reduce kinking and breaking of the pump rod, and other linkage. It also gives you a wider variety of return springs to use.

#8 Newman513

Newman513

PaintballJesus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:46 PM

pics pwez! Ima newb and i dnt truzt myzelf 2 pot on a pump kit!

That might happen if you don't get some pics up =/

Posted Image

"Only in the Pump Forum"

#9 Cheap-o

Cheap-o

THE neglected douche

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:05 PM

CCM with stabilizer rod

http://www.horizonpa...e/pump_kits.png

CCM without stabilizer rod

http://i18.photobuck.../SplashPump.jpg

#10 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:25 PM

so the answer is yes, that is all i need and it will work, but it just won't be very durable.

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg

-Brett

#11 Cheap-o

Cheap-o

THE neglected douche

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:41 AM

It'll be durable enough, should be no problem.

#12 blackrain

blackrain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:50 PM

Well since no one bought this from me,I was forced to make a Sniper. Hope you enjoy. This gun has long been finished and sold. The big trick to a Sniper is the internal mods that no one can see. That's where your performance comes from.
Later,
Blackrain

First you need to get everything ready.
Posted Image

After that you start the assembly process.
I installed the WWA "Dead Zone" devolumizer. This is suppose to bring the chamber back to
99" specs.
Posted Image

I removed the 15* ASA. I don't like these so I substituted it with a Black Vert ASA. The front block is also eliminated. (All originol parts will be sold with this project.) The ASA screw holds the "Dead Zone" in place.
Posted Image

Next put in the valve. I'm not sure of the type I put in,but it was free so who am I to complain.
Posted Image

Time for the IVG,hammer and spring. I usually drop the hammer in and run the cocking lug down a little so it catches. Next put in the spring and run down the IVG till you get a little tension. Adjustment isn't needed at this time. Proper timing and velocity will come later.
Posted Image

Now add the Vendetta pump guide. Inspect to make sure all threads are clean of burs and you have the oring. Tighten down with a cresent wrench
Posted Image

Next adjust the cocking rod. I usually leave this much thread when starting. This will come into play when the back block is added.
Posted Image

Next put the spring inside the pump handle and slide pump onto pump guide.
Posted Image

Now put on the back block and bolt with pin. Note how much thread I left. I had to back the block off a few turns. This gave me my needed clearance for the bolt. I'll do a finer adjustment once the whole thing is together.
Posted Image

Time to install the frame and trigger group. I'll be using an OMEGA roller trigger/sear set up. The frame is a WGP chrome that I got off ebay for cheap.
Posted Image

Next is the Beaver tail. Real cheap,I think I got it for free.
Posted Image

Let's try on the barrel. Had this WGP STO barrel laying around.
Posted Image

What the HELL,let's just add an SC feed.
Posted Image

Frame grips. Had these laying around too.
Posted Image

All that is left is to adjust the trigger,time the lug,put on the grips put in the rear cocking rod and add air. Unfortunatly,I'm going to run this on 12 gram and I don't have a quick change laying around. I'm also out of air. So I will continue this build when I can find a nice QC at a decent price.
Posted Image

Oh HELL while I'm at it I might as well change out the pump. I'm just going to use the Vendetta Deluxe pump. I have it laying around so why not.
Posted Image

Alright lets add a Quick change,new style beaver tail, and Rear cocking rod.
Posted Image

Alright so here it is. Almost complete. I have adjusted the trigger to my flavor. I'm waiting on one more part. That will be an AM Illusion 10 RND feed.
Posted Image

So I'm now adding a 99" valve and stem. This should help efficiency. Bought these from All American Paintball.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Check valve from WWA. I'm getting atleast 10 stored shots after CO2 ejection.
Posted Image

Also added an ANS slider frame.
Posted Image

The final results:
I only played with this one time, but it had a few upgrades done to it. I added a CCM pump handel and had the barrel bored out for freak inserts. Added a CCM frame and an aluminum stock.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by blackrain, 01 March 2009 - 09:53 PM.

#13 oerllikon

oerllikon

Sober people R jerks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:57 PM

Well since no one bought this from me,I was forced to make a Sniper. Hope you enjoy. This gun has long been finished and sold. The big trick to a Sniper is the internal mods that no one can see. That's where your performance comes from.
Later,
Blackrain

First you need to get everything ready.
Posted Image

After that you start the assembly process.
I installed the WWA "Dead Zone" devolumizer. This is suppose to bring the chamber back to
99" specs.
Posted Image

I removed the 15* ASA. I don't like these so I substituted it with a Black Vert ASA. The front block is also eliminated. (All originol parts will be sold with this project.) The ASA screw holds the "Dead Zone" in place.
Posted Image

Next put in the valve. I'm not sure of the type I put in,but it was free so who am I to complain.
Posted Image

Time for the IVG,hammer and spring. I usually drop the hammer in and run the cocking lug down a little so it catches. Next put in the spring and run down the IVG till you get a little tension. Adjustment isn't needed at this time. Proper timing and velocity will come later.
Posted Image

Now add the Vendetta pump guide. Inspect to make sure all threads are clean of burs and you have the oring. Tighten down with a cresent wrench
Posted Image

Next adjust the cocking rod. I usually leave this much thread when starting. This will come into play when the back block is added.
Posted Image

Next put the spring inside the pump handle and slide pump onto pump guide.
Posted Image

Now put on the back block and bolt with pin. Note how much thread I left. I had to back the block off a few turns. This gave me my needed clearance for the bolt. I'll do a finer adjustment once the whole thing is together.
Posted Image

Time to install the frame and trigger group. I'll be using an OMEGA roller trigger/sear set up. The frame is a WGP chrome that I got off ebay for cheap.
Posted Image

Next is the Beaver tail. Real cheap,I think I got it for free.
Posted Image

Let's try on the barrel. Had this WGP STO barrel laying around.
Posted Image

What the HELL,let's just add an SC feed.
Posted Image

Frame grips. Had these laying around too.
Posted Image

All that is left is to adjust the trigger,time the lug,put on the grips put in the rear cocking rod and add air. Unfortunatly,I'm going to run this on 12 gram and I don't have a quick change laying around. I'm also out of air. So I will continue this build when I can find a nice QC at a decent price.
Posted Image

Oh HELL while I'm at it I might as well change out the pump. I'm just going to use the Vendetta Deluxe pump. I have it laying around so why not.
Posted Image

Alright lets add a Quick change,new style beaver tail, and Rear cocking rod.
Posted Image

Alright so here it is. Almost complete. I have adjusted the trigger to my flavor. I'm waiting on one more part. That will be an AM Illusion 10 RND feed.
Posted Image

So I'm now adding a 99" valve and stem. This should help efficiency. Bought these from All American Paintball.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Check valve from WWA. I'm getting atleast 10 stored shots after CO2 ejection.
Posted Image

Also added an ANS slider frame.
Posted Image

The final results:
I only played with this one time, but it had a few upgrades done to it. I added a CCM pump handel and had the barrel bored out for freak inserts. Added a CCM frame and an aluminum stock.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I hate you in the best possible meaning of the phrase
My new signature is better than ever

#14 Cheap-o

Cheap-o

THE neglected douche

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:19 AM

please sticky this mods, it is a good thread with a good example.

#15 Newman513

Newman513

PaintballJesus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:46 AM

I'm adding this to the Common Pump items under useful links when I get the chance on an editable computer.

Posted Image

"Only in the Pump Forum"

#16 blackrain

blackrain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:13 PM

Thanks Chepo and Newman.
I usually have that much stuff laying around for cockers. I just purchased a new frame tonight. So add another to the list lol.
Later,
Blackrain

#17 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:08 PM

rain how would you say a stock class sniper compares to a stock class phantom

is it more or less significant than the difference between an OC sniper and phantom

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg

-Brett

#18 blackrain

blackrain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:27 PM

Personally it's just weight for me. You have a Sheridan valve train and a Nelson valve train. Either gun works for me,I can adapt to either the moment it hits my hands. The again I started off with a 007 21 yrs ago. The phantom has a built in auto trigger and the cocker doesn't, which might confuse some folks. Then again how many times are you really going to use an auto trigger with SC? Very rarely.

It's really all about personal prefference to the person. If you want what everyone else has, then follow the crowd.
I like a little weight on my guns and a heavy trigger,but that's my prefference. I've never been one to follow hype.

A Phantom is a great gun. I've owned a few,but never played with them,just built and then sold them. However I have played with Phantoms way back when they came out and ran for $450.00.

Personally,give me a drop in Bushmaster kit and nelspot internals and I'm happy. I've recently purchased this little treasure package and received it yesterday.
Posted Image

However my taste does very:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The decicion is really yours. Hope this helped you.
Later,
Blackrain

Edited by blackrain, 20 March 2009 - 04:29 PM.

#19 Mark14

Mark14

Its Not a Discussion Anymore , Its a Court Order

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:00 AM

This is great Help me Alot about Pumps

Posted Image
-My Youtube
-Techpb Young Guns -The AGGZORS
-Fueled by Hatred, Driven by Love

#20 Guest_*PoPeYe*_*

Guest_*PoPeYe*_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:47 PM

i might consider makin me self a sniper

Edited by *PoPeYe*, 24 August 2010 - 06:28 PM.

#21 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:54 PM

wow rezzed to show me past noobie self... this is enlightening shit!

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg

-Brett

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users