11 replies to this topic

#1 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:37 PM

I am looking into picking up a cheap pgp, give me some info and reccomendations on them

#2 Myrkul

Myrkul

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:03 PM

The old ones with the shorter barrel require a special valve tool to remove the valve for maintenance. The Newer 2k PGPs with the longer barrels use a cartridge valve, so you don't need the special tool. Other then that, There really isn't too much to them. Recommended upgrade would be a RVA, you can make one pretty easily yourself, or you could grab one from Palmer's: Palmer's RVA.
"I only drink the blood of my enemies! oh, and occasionally one of those strawberry Slurpee thingies"

#3 Kermit

Kermit

TechPB, sad to see the end of an era. R.I.P.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

If you plan on playing with one, I suggest a PGP 2 with the longer barrel and the cartridge valve. They are much more suitable for playing with.

#4 elvis91

elvis91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

i got the original one its sick, i love it. get one theyre to fun to play with

#5 WhatsHisFace

WhatsHisFace

You're Not Alone, Except in Real Life.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:25 AM

Search MCarterBrown's B/S/T, they're all over the place there. If you're planning on using it a lot, upgrades are definitely worth the extra cash. Getting spare orings is always good too since only a few sites carry oring kits for them, much less parts. However, my main marker was a pre 2k PGP when I started playing pump, and I had a blast playing with it.

#6 polar bear

polar bear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

I wan't one too! good luck!

#7 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

Many flush-barreled PGPs have the cartridge valve too.

#8 konner09

konner09

Another Clinically insane Canadian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:03 AM

Number one Upgrade is the RVA otherwise you have to deal with springs, God i hate shimming or changing springs

We are waiting behind every bunker, hiding around every corner, waiting for you to make a wrong move.

from MCB

WGP NIGHTKAST for sale

#9 Kanas

Kanas

684! Exit 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

I just picked one up! actually a pgp2 which I recommend getting. They have less threads to change 12 grams and also a cool back feed block. I spend $85 on mine because it looks fucking new!!! Great little toys
Posted Image
R.I.P BORG!

#10 H all day

H all day

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

necro
I pay for all my gear...Im 13.If your under 18 and pay for your gear, put this section in your sig
Proud Christian Paintballer!!

#11 ahnad ali

ahnad ali

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:10 AM

earch MCarterBrown's B/S/T, they're all over the place there. If you're planning on using it a lot, upgrades are definitely worth the extra cash. Getting spare orings is always good too since only a few sites carry oring kits for them, much less parts. However, my main marker was a pre 2k PGP when I started playing pump, and I had a blast playing wit

#12 ahnad ali

ahnad ali

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:10 AM

earch MCarterBrown's B/S/T, they're all over the place there. If you're planning on using it a lot, upgrades are definitely worth the extra cash. Getting spare orings is always good too since only a few sites carry oring kits for them, much less parts. However, my main marker was a pre 2k PGP when I started playing pump, and I had a blast playing wit

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users