• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 sands24

sands24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:59 PM

So I'm new to both scenario play and LL and plan on going this year! I will be driving from 8 hours away and staying in a hotel Friday and Saturday night. So my question is if i drive to LL each day, where do you store gear that you don't use (paintballs, markers, tools, etc.)? Would I just leave my spare stuff in my truck ( and if so, If i have a locking tailgate with a soft topper, would that be secure enough to store stuff in?)?

I know this seems like noob stuff but I don't wanna be that person who isn't prepared and end up delaying other people.

#2 K-Mac

K-Mac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

This will be my third LL and I have yet to hear of a security issue and to illustrate that, last year I flew in from Phoenix, AZ and someone from the forums offered up space in their tent to me. I am normally cautious however we are there for one thing, to have a good time and meet new friends and I was not uncomfortable at all. The only thing was that I have some back issues and the second night I slept in the Jeep I borrowed from my parents and again, I did not have any concerns.

While on the fields, my gear was stored at the TechPB staging area and there was always someone around from this group.

If you take anything away from this, everyone you will meet on these forums and everyone you meet at LL are fantastic and although we see each other once a year, we all respect each other.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.c...105,-111.850641
Bring IT!

#3 The_Economist

The_Economist

It's business time.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:01 AM

You could keep it in your truck. It will probably be a long walk from the staging area.

What I have done, and what most of the TechPB people do, is put your gearbag in the TechPB area, but leave anything that you absolutely cannot risk being stolen locked in your vehicle. So far, it has worked for me. I mean, I wouldn't leave a few guns just sitting out in the open, but I haven't heard of anybody having anything stolen in the past two years. You could lock your bag and chain it to a tree, if you are so inclined.

#4 sands24

sands24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:53 AM

Well, I'm glad to hear that security isn't a big issue!

So if I were to bring a cooler, my gearbag and some paintballs i should be ok leaving it in the TechPB area once i make some friends then =P

#5 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:37 AM

Well, I'm glad to hear that security isn't a big issue!

So if I were to bring a cooler, my gearbag and some paintballs i should be ok leaving it in the TechPB area once i make some friends then =P

Remember this: Out of sight, out of mind.

I personally wouldn't worry about things like paint, or soft goods being stolen, or people rifling through your gearbag. Especially in the TechPB area. But things do get stolen, and at an event like Living Legends, theres a very small chance of getting them back.

If you're bringing multiple markers, keep the ones you arent using in your car.

Posted Image

#6 sands24

sands24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:52 AM

Actually I plan on bringing a phantom and leaving my other markers in my truck.

I have yet to have anything go wrong with my phantom but i'll be bringing spare parts along just in case :)

#7 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:09 AM

I have only heard of 1 story of a gun going "missing" during an LL event (not NPPL), and that was returned to them actually 2 weeks later. The guy had found it by his truck, must have fallen out of a gear bag, and he posted up on PbN and ended up finding the right owner. Other then that, I have yet to hear a story of a gun going missing at LL, but I would bring a lock just to be safe.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#8 Sean Scott

Sean Scott

Director of Awesomeness for Living Legends

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:58 AM

Thankfully, LL has always been attended by some of the most stand up people that I have ever seen in paintball. Theft has never been a huge issue, but you can never be to safe...
Sean Scott

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
www.cpxsports.com

#9 jake t

jake t

"Intimidate, Dominate, Celebrate"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

this is going to be my first LL and i am glad to hear that theft is not an issue

#10 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

Been here since the beginning!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:36 PM

If I were you, I would always carry my setup with me at all times! Put locks on everything. Even though it's Tech Pb, some people you trust, might not be on your side.

I know it's unlikely, but never take the risk of losing a bag of paint. Those 500 rounds could have been used to suppress and hold an enemy for another 5 or 10 minutes.

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#11 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

i cannot speak for LL events or other viper events, as this will be my first for both. but i have been to plenty of others. too many times i see people or know people get their stuff stolen. it doesnt matter what, where, or when. things get stolen. if people are going to steal something, they will steal it. locks only stop honest people. what you can do to prevent theft is do not make yourself a big target. drive the crappiest car you can find that will get you to the event. do not boast if you have tons of markers and other gear. only bring what you need and a back up. an extremely well kept gun is better than 20 crappy ones. i say 2, maybe 3 guns at most. if you plan on staging with techpb, keep everything there that you dont want stolen. most people make the assumption that your car is the safest place to keep things. wrong, the car will be the most likely place for things to be stolen. one, its easy to break into the, two, there arent 2000+ people in the parking lot, theyre in the staging area and in the game. and alarms do not help. how many times have you heard a car alarm and your first and only thought was turn off your damn alarm. people know that this will be a huge event and this means opportunity. i do not remember if it was ll4 or ll3, but one team participating in the nppl tournament was out getting drinks and someone broke into their hotel room and stole all the gear in the room. this is all i can think of right now, but im sure ill think of more.
my advice, keep your phone, wallet, keys, anything you can on you. if you dont need it, dont bring it to the field. lock your gear bag, locks dont stop thieves but they sure as hell slow them down and its pretty obvious if someone is trying to get in without the combination or key. make sure you let everyone at the staging area around you know that no one except yourself should be using that gear bag, so if they do see someone else going into it, they know they shouldnt be. make friends :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users