• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Kykytehballer

Kykytehballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

Looking for a good gun.... Was thinking an Etek 3 or a Proto reflex rail. In the price range of 400-600$.If you have any suggestions please let me know.

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:46 AM

Empire Axe if you plan on playing speedball. What type of play interests you, and do you have a close field near you?

But keep in mind, you have to buy a HPA tank, a good mask, and a hopper to keep up with your marker.

BTW a marker is also known as paintball gun.

Edited by kingJurzy, 24 February 2012 - 12:48 AM.

#3 abooth2

abooth2

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:48 AM

Can you buy used? If you can I would look into buying a used bob long vice. If you can only buy new look into the empire axe.

#4 Kykytehballer

Kykytehballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:54 AM

I'll look into Bob long... Don't really want the the Axe looking for a gun with good ergo,Just looking for a marker that will be good with speedball and some woodsball.And the field is right down the road =]

#5 Kykytehballer

Kykytehballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:05 AM

Etek 3, Dye rotor , 68/4500 tank... Sound like a good set up? Just trying to get some input to make the right decision.

#6 abooth2

abooth2

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:14 AM

If you are interested in the proto reflex rail 2012 version, I would probably get it over the etek 3 mostly because I like spools. What are you looking for in a marker, efficiency or a smooth shot. Also, look into the drone dx in the $500 range.

#7 Kykytehballer

Kykytehballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:19 AM

Efficiency is important.... It'd be nice to have a smooth shot but its not that important to me... I was looking at the reflex rail and really liked it. Would it be a better pick over the etek?

#8 xincognitopbx

xincognitopbx

Ripper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:21 AM

Bob long vice is SUPER EFFICIENT. Its also tons smoother than an etek. Reflexes aren't that efficient and not even that smooth/quiet for a spool.

I'd take a vice in a heartbeat

But the Ego 11 is shiny. :(

Dosent the Ego 11 only come in dust colours?

Feedback 2/0/0

#9 Kykytehballer

Kykytehballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:24 AM

Know anywhere where I could get a Bob long for a good price?

#10 abooth2

abooth2

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:24 AM

The etek is going to have the better efficiency out of the two, but like I said I like spools because of the smoother shot, I am not worried about efficiency. The bob long vice would be the best bang for your buck in that price range, it can get over 2000 shots off one 68/4500 fill and it has a pretty smooth shot. I know this from experience since my main marker is a vice. Look on ebay or the BST here on techpb and I am sure you will find a good deal on a vice with some ups.

Edited by abooth2, 24 February 2012 - 01:25 AM.

#11 Tenet

Tenet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:34 AM

Efficiency is important.... It'd be nice to have a smooth shot but its not that important to me... I was looking at the reflex rail and really liked it. Would it be a better pick over the etek?

Vice / Protege with ups is a good option - very efficient, decent shot with the right barrel (felt good with Warped Sportz Lucky 15 0.689 and matching paint).

Upgrades I would get
- the carry grip / adjustable ram cap (few people get these, but this is key to adjust bolt position when using a custom one).
- Juit Bolt - contact Juit on PBNation, or hunt these down. It's a venturi bolt (which is not that important) that has a cup-face (which works much better then the pillow bolt design).

G6R - I saw one go for $550 used on MCarterbrown...!!! you might be able to get one at the upper limit of your budget. No upgrades necessary. Amazing gun.

Edited by Tenet, 24 February 2012 - 01:35 AM.

NYC Brooklyn Paintball Player - Feedback TechPB MCB
Field Review: Paintball Sports Inc. NY
Bob Long Protege owner - Looking for a Driver from Brooklyn for Woodsball!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users