• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 g4techpb

g4techpb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

Hey guys ive recently got into paintball and have gotten a dangerous power g4 and equipement. so i play at madddogz in waxahachie tx and was wondering if any of yall had played in a tournament there before? if so was it good? and also guys is there a age limit for tournaments in tx cause im 13 and am trying to start playing tournaments instead of just playing around with my friends. thanks for any help you can give, if you play at a field around the metroplex just tell me about that field cause im just testing this field out as my old field closed down.

#2 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

Honestly, good luck finding a team that will take you at 13. Tournaments are expensive and being on a tournament team is a large time commitment. Teams look at 3 things when accepting players, money, commitment, and skill. Your best bet would be to figure out which fields have the most teams practice there, go play against those teams, and when they start to recognize you as being pretty good, then you talk to them about joining. You should also watch the Texas forum over on PBN as Avid will often post when their sponsored teams have tryouts. I know that there are some teams that practice at DFWAP and the Fort. As for teams, if you're good enough, the Texas Storm Young Guns team would probably be one of your better bets as it is designed for people under 18. Another suggestion is to go into the Avid Extreme Sports proshop in Plano and ask them what you should do to join a team.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#3 Strick24

Strick24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

what area do u live in i play at maddogz as well

Edited by Strick24, 07 March 2012 - 01:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users