25 replies to this topic

#1 spisla

spisla

I made Mr. Rogers eat paint

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,192 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

Hey guys, I've noticed that doing lots of sit-ups works out my abs fairly well, along with other things. But, I've noticed that's it's mostly my "upper abs" That are getting the most work out, and I want to get my lower ones. I'm working on a six pack, and when I flex you can see the top 4, but that's it really. How do I get the bottom two to come in?
Posted Image

If you see someone pulling that here hit the report button and I'll teabag them =)

NorthWest Ballers club. TechPB feedback

#2 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

Flutter kicks are my personal favorite lower ab exercise/hip exercise. Also, ab's are made in the kitchen not the gym.

Edited by drexler, 24 February 2012 - 10:23 PM.

#3 spisla

spisla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,192 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:33 PM

Flutter kicks are my personal favorite lower ab exercise/hip exercise. Also, ab's are made in the kitchen not the gym.

I have a reasonably balanced diet. Lately I've been slacking to be honest, but I'm trying to get back on track. So flutter kicks work lower abs huh?
Posted Image

If you see someone pulling that here hit the report button and I'll teabag them =)

#4 pbkid74

pbkid74

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

I was lucky enough to have been born with killer ab's.. :D
Set up:
Invert Mini Dust Black, Ninja 45/45 tank, Empire Magna smoke, Dye i4's black
PAINTBALLS DO HURT.....For a second so stop being such a bitch about...

#5 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

I have a six pack, not from working out, just because I'm naturally so skinny there is almost no body fat to hide my abs. :P

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#6 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

I have a reasonably balanced diet. Lately I've been slacking to be honest, but I'm trying to get back on track. So flutter kicks work lower abs huh?

I've found that those work your lower body the best, but that's just my opinion. You can make them harder by wearing a pair of scuba fins while you do them.

#7 spisla

spisla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,192 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

I've found that those work your lower body the best, but that's just my opinion. You can make them harder by wearing a pair of scuba fins while you do them.

I'll start doing these a LOT more often, thanks
Posted Image

#8 Myrkul

Myrkul

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:16 PM

Abs are 100% diet. you could do as little as 100 sit ups a day and if you diet right, you'll have a six pack.
Sadly I'm having the opposite problem you are, I'm having trouble getting the top two to show off on my 8 pack, but at the moment my diet has been piss poor... :P

I do but jest...kind of...

Edited by Myrkul, 25 February 2012 - 11:20 PM.

"I only drink the blood of my enemies! oh, and occasionally one of those strawberry Slurpee thingies"

#9 vballer23

vballer23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

Hey guys, I've noticed that doing lots of sit-ups works out my abs fairly well, along with other things. But, I've noticed that's it's mostly my "upper abs" That are getting the most work out, and I want to get my lower ones. I'm working on a six pack, and when I flex you can see the top 4, but that's it really. How do I get the bottom two to come in?

Make sure you are eating healthy whole foods with no junk. It could just be that a thin layer of fat is covering your lower abs causing them not to show. My favorite exercise to work the lower abs is leg raises. Also, some people are born with different numbers of abs. It is uncommon, however you could only have 4 abs. I only have 5. No joke.

#10 drunkenpriest

drunkenpriest

I relax 8 days a week.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

if your gym has a roman chair, those work out your lower abs
Posted Image

#11 SavageSnipes

SavageSnipes

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

lower your body fat.

being able to see your abs is a matter of how much body fat is covering them up, not how conditioned they are. the abdominals are one muscle and contract as one muscle. however, crunches, because of the limited range of motion, usually work the top abs more so than the lower. leg raises and hip rotations will hit the lower abs harder

abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym.

#12 btu shortie

btu shortie

im a BAMF thats BTU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:13 PM

do full body crunches were you bring your feet off the ground straight then bring them into your chest where your knees and chest will touch in the middle also some leg lifts and if you really wunt to get some badass abs try doing bicyle pull ups. do pull ups but kick your legs out like your riding a bike. and also do planks they help alot
Posted Image

#13 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

leg lifts

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#14 bigfoot

bigfoot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

lower your body fat.

being able to see your abs is a matter of how much body fat is covering them up, not how conditioned they are. the abdominals are one muscle and contract as one muscle. however, crunches, because of the limited range of motion, usually work the top abs more so than the lower. leg raises and hip rotations will hit the lower abs harder

abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym.

what this guy and Myrkul said. AB's are 100% done in the kitchen. you could do 10,000 flutterkicks, crunches, leg lifts, and still not have a 6 pack.

#15 DarkSide

DarkSide

I want that Purple stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

Don't do situps and crunches. Technically you already have a 6 pack, you just have a layer of fat over it. Do workouts to burn fat and eat healthier.

Situps and crunches are terrible for your back
"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

#16 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

what this guy and Myrkul said. AB's are 100% done in the kitchen. you could do 10,000 flutterkicks, crunches, leg lifts, and still not have a 6 pack.

I am 6'2, 145 pounds.
My diet is basically for the Marathon Runners. Breads and sugars are out. its veggies as a primary food (actually I dont eat meat alot. usually chicken at best once every week. like on a saturday when I can cook it) Zero Dark meats.
a bit of fish.

My kitchen, is well in the good standings. however I still dont have abs. I guess I'm abs intolerant. lmao.

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#17 Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

Flutter kicks are legit...
Super Nintendo, Sega Gensis, when I was dead broke man I couldn't picture this.
-Biggie Smalls
Learned the hard way not to use a speedfeed when its raining. 8/6/11

#18 Zorozeenee

Zorozeenee

Maximum Carnage PBTeam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

Play a contact sport like rugby or football, after a while you notice tone in your pecs and abs, im dead fuckin serious
Proudly Sponsored by ZEPHYR PAINTBALL, ANSGEAR, & AGGRESSIVE SPORT SHOP
My Feedback +1/0/0 ------> http://www.techpb.co...0
Spyder vs1 for sale ------> http://www.techpb.co...2

#19 Solowing

Solowing

THESE SCALLOPS ARE RAW!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

I am 6'2, 145 pounds.
My diet is basically for the Marathon Runners. Breads and sugars are out. its veggies as a primary food (actually I dont eat meat alot. usually chicken at best once every week. like on a saturday when I can cook it) Zero Dark meats.
a bit of fish.

My kitchen, is well in the good standings. however I still dont have abs. I guess I'm abs intolerant. lmao.

you seem to be very lean due to ur height and weight. you need to do weighted ab crunches. normal sit ups wont help increase your ab muscles.
When I'm sad, I stop being sad and become awesome.... true story

#20 Solowing

Solowing

THESE SCALLOPS ARE RAW!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

you need to cut down on your body fat by doing cardio and weights. i bike for an hour at 18 mph then do weights every other day. i have a break once ever 3-4 days. I also do weighted ab crunches. these will make ur abs pop. regular crunches wont do this.

#21 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

sprints

believe it or not, springs work your abs harder than almost anything else you can do

Sprint 100 yards, walk back to start, do it again 5 to 10 times

#22 Solowing

Solowing

THESE SCALLOPS ARE RAW!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

sprints

believe it or not, springs work your abs harder than almost anything else you can do

Sprint 100 yards, walk back to start, do it again 5 to 10 times

Do this with interval training will also help burn fat faster which will lower your body fat.

#23 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

also remember that the lower part of your stomach is where you might be still storing fat

doing ab work, won't give you abs

Need to lower your body fat, look at a "cutting diet", might get you to lose those last few pounds of fat to expose your lower abs

#24 Soldier of Fortune

Soldier of Fortune

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

Or eat a crap ton of cheese. Push that out of you and Walah!!! instant washboard abs :P

I still suck and barely know positions.

thats what my wife said when I first met her...

#25 zchrit23

zchrit23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:24 AM

Personally. I always do holy crosses (high school football coach called them that) for my lower abs. Lay on your back with your arms spread (as if on a cross, imagine the concept). Raise your legs in the air and do the following for one rep:

Bring heels with in six inches of the ground while keeping legs straight in the following places. A lot of this will require rotating your hips, that's fine, just remember to keep your legs straight and don't touch the ground.
Left hand
Left hip (yes i know you can't keep legs straight and touch your left hip, just go perpendicular to it)
Halfway between hip and straight down (straight down refers to when laying flat with feet directly below you)
Straight down
Right hand
Right hip
45 degree right (same as the halfway)
Straight down

That's one rep. Do 5 of these and you should feel the burn. If you can't put hands to the side, then put them under your butt.

#26 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:09 AM

Im workin on getting rid of my 6 pack flab....

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users