30 replies to this topic

#1 Spartan040

Spartan040

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

Trying to decide which one to get? I want something that will never break yet has a smaller profile than my pinokio. Also, I have the seventh element pathfinder OLED board which can link to a rotor board through bluetooth, so that's kind of a plus for the rotor. I can get a used rotor for a good price, but I don't know about the Z2. Also, how many paintballs do they each hold? I also heard some rumors that the Z2 doesn't work as well in humidity. If that's true than that's an issue because I live in freaking Florida. Help?

Edited by Spartan040, 24 February 2012 - 11:37 PM.

#2 Arjay

Arjay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:32 PM

The rotor will definitely never break, it never jams on me in game.
I can't speak for the z2, but i did have a v2 prophecy. Loved the thing also, but i like my rotor better.
The z2 has a more durable shell and is almost similar to the rotor, you can't go wrong with either

#3 sameagol26

sameagol26

I am BTDeltafan101

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:34 PM

Loved my Z2 and loved my Rotor! In all honesty, you can't go wrong with either loader. They will both perform outstandingly.
Posted Image
My Youtube Channel --> BTDeltafan101

#4 epic meal time

epic meal time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:11 AM

love both my rotors and i love my z2, the z2 is noticeably smaller, but does hold less, but the unjam feature on it is AMAZING

if you lubes tank barrel and hopper you can shoot gooder

VICE F/S/T

EPIC MEAL TIME BABAAYYYY

#5 abooth2

abooth2

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:46 AM

I live in Louisiana and I have never had a problem with the humidity and my z2, it works great all the time. It only holds about 170 or so paintballs.

#6 The Crazy Cow

The Crazy Cow

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:48 AM

I would get the z2 for a couple of reason. I was talking to empires customer service and they said they were going to come out with smoke shells and large nose cones. Also cheaper if buying new.

Edited by The Crazy Cow, 25 February 2012 - 12:50 AM.

Moo.

#7 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:25 AM

Both seem to be top notch hoppers, and I had the same question when I was purchasing a hopper. I went with a Rotor; I liked he ease of disassembly and cleaning, the toughness of the shell material, the simplicity of the mechanism and the stellar reputation. While the Z2 may be good as well, it does not have the track record yet.

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

#8 xincognitopbx

xincognitopbx

Ripper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:33 AM

Don't touch a z2 until they come out with the bigger noses. Capacity with a speedfeed is just aweful :(

But the Ego 11 is shiny. :(

Dosent the Ego 11 only come in dust colours?

Feedback 2/0/0

#9 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

Don't touch a z2 until they come out with the bigger noses. Capacity with a speedfeed is just aweful :(

It's not that bad. It fits an entire pod with room to spare for me...

#10 xincognitopbx

xincognitopbx

Ripper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

It's not that bad. It fits an entire pod with room to spare for me...

Realistically it is bad. I use empire pods too. But actually playing on the field, say you have 20-25 shots left and its time to reload, you're not fitting the full pod in there if you have a speedfeed. That to me is poor design because they tried to beat the rotor's size. Its flawed cuz of that floor housing an alienware computer ;)

Feedback 2/0/0

#11 Noreac

Noreac

In a perpetual state of confusion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

I had an original prophecy, for a while, the feedneck broke off completely so I decided to buy a rotor, I have come up with an opinion on it myself on it.

DON'T BUY A ROTOR! ITS TERRIBLE! ITS WORSE THAN YOU THINK!!! I HATE MINE!! I REGRET BUYING IT!!!!

It basically FORCES you to use a speedfeed because the lid is so horrendous. It doesn't feed any faster on gun, and its mouth is way smaller and its harder to load a rotor.

Tomarrow i'm returning my rotor and getting a prophecy Z2. Trust me the rotor is absolutely terrible, I despise it, if you pay 200 bucks for a loader then you shouldn't have to pay another 20 to make it not spill your paint everywhere when you run, I hate speedfeeds btw.
If you adjust the tension so it doesn't break very brittle paint then I can outshoot it semi. When you run out of paint it makes a very loud noise telling everybody nearby "LOL IM OUTTA PAINT AND IMA RELOAD". It profile is a mere 2 cm lower than the prophecy. Its heavier than the prophecy, now that the prophecy Z2 is so durable then it doesn't even have a durability advantage! And its more expensive!!!!! When your rotor does jam good luck unjamming it because if it jams then your anti jam trigger is jammed as well. Using the high cap shell makes the profile all screwed up, and if your the kind that forgets to replace their batteries (like me) and you run out on field then your screwed!

I can't believe its so popular taking in account how terrible it is. The only thing it has over the prophecy is it's faster to take apart. Thats it.

P.S. I don't want to start a flame war, this is my opinion on the rotor, I absolutely hate it and thats my opinion after using it. Im just pissed about how terrible it is after dropping 190 bucks on it.

Edited by Noreac, 26 February 2012 - 07:01 PM.

Real men play paintball.

#12 Riv

Riv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

I have a rotor and a Z2 and from my experience,

Durability
Rotor - Brick... I highly doubt it could break, except for the plastic windows and feedgate lid (Their made of a lower quality plastic then the rest of the product)
Z2 - Made of material that seems similar (or possibly the same as the rotor) just thinner. (The Construction is strong, but if you wanted to you could wiggle the loader but it won't break)

Capacity
Rotor - At best... I'd say 160 balls, because one proto pod (which I think holds about 150) fills it up nicely
Z2 - Same deal as the rotor. I was bummed Empire exaggerated the capacity... One proto pod fills it up nicely, but with a speedfeed I have a lot of paint sitting on top of the speedfeed.

Unjamming
Rotor - The unjamming trigger is false hope. Really, it does nothing when your rotor jams.
Z2 - It unjams itself... and it has a nice button that also unjams. They were prepared against jams! :D

Cleaning broken paint
Rotor - Easy disassembly, and can withstand water.
Z2 - Its not difficult for a basic cleaning, but it still is more time consuming.
With a basic dissassembly, there will be a bunch of nooks and cranies you wont get paint out of. I say its still a pain.

Anyways, they are both good loaders. Some people swear by the rotor and some, by the Z2.
You can't go wrong either way! That's why I kept them both :D

Also, side question will you be using a speedfeed?
The rotor is splendid with one, and the Z2 has some new and awesome speedfeeds out and soon to be released... (I can't wait to see the Spine, or pick up an exalt)

#13 xincognitopbx

xincognitopbx

Ripper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

@ noreac - Chill bro. If that was nearing truthfulness it wouldn't be the most popular loader on the market now would it.

Feedback 2/0/0

#14 Noreac

Noreac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:14 AM

@ noreac - Chill bro. If that was nearing truthfulness it wouldn't be the most popular loader on the market now would it.

Man if I got paid to use a rotor id'e use it, most pro players are sponsored by dye to use rotors.
Why wasn't it nearing truthfulness? Its my opinion on them after using them.
Real men play paintball.

#15 PB2011

PB2011

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:39 PM

He has a right to a opinion.
It's a trap! -Admiral Ackbar, a long long time ago.

#16 xincognitopbx

xincognitopbx

Ripper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:27 PM

Those weren't opinions. A lot of them sound 'like' fact. It's terrible is an opinion. "when it jams, the antijam trigger is jammed too and your screwed" That's not true. The unjammer works fine.. It also doesn't spill everywhere when you run, that is FALSE. I understand his opinion. He's just basing his opinion off of untrue facts.

At the other guy, yes teams do get them for free w/ dye sponsorships...but go to your local field. 80% of the highends and even some lowends will have a rotor on it. Walk ons aren't usually sponsored.

And I'm allowed to disagree with his opinion too :P

Feedback 2/0/0

#17 Noreac

Noreac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:56 AM

Those weren't opinions. A lot of them sound 'like' fact. It's terrible is an opinion. "when it jams, the antijam trigger is jammed too and your screwed" That's not true. The unjammer works fine.. It also doesn't spill everywhere when you run, that is FALSE. I understand his opinion. He's just basing his opinion off of untrue facts.

At the other guy, yes teams do get them for free w/ dye sponsorships...but go to your local field. 80% of the highends and even some lowends will have a rotor on it. Walk ons aren't usually sponsored.

Those two things happened to my constantly with my rotor (brand new) first day using it. Maybe I got a lemon or really bad luck with the jamming part but my buds agreed with me that the lid tends to open itself, I had to use a piece of tape on it to keep it shut.
The balls were getting stuck inside of the hoppers feedneck, therefore the unjamming trigger would have no effect.

Edited by Noreac, 01 March 2012 - 01:59 AM.

Real men play paintball.

#18 JGARRIGUES0001

JGARRIGUES0001

idk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

Those two things happened to my constantly with my rotor (brand new) first day using it. Maybe I got a lemon or really bad luck with the jamming part but my buds agreed with me that the lid tends to open itself, I had to use a piece of tape on it to keep it shut.
The balls were getting stuck inside of the hoppers feedneck, therefore the unjamming trigger would have no effect.

take a multi tool with a little saw blade on it, and slowly cut off some of the lip that the lid catches on to. my rotor lid didn't close for shit but i cut a more defined lip on there and it works great now.

#19 xincognitopbx

xincognitopbx

Ripper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

To address the lid issue. There's a difference between a 'terrible' product. And clearly a 'broken/lemon' product. Your lid doesn't apply to all cases. Your flaming 'rotors' in general when you haven't even used one that works. Hence the chill bro ;)

The second, I don't see how its getting stuck inside the feedneck. The feedneck is the same diameter as all the other hoppers, whatever is getting stuck in there, is getting stuck in all the others. Its a straight tube, you practically need to be putting glue into your hopper to get jams in a tube.

Considering that I want to say 'feedneck jams' are near impossible, the red arm is the unjammer...and therefore when you have a real jam, that WILL clear it. I say near because I have got a jam where my rotor fed a flat paintball. No paint inside of it, it looked like a blood cell and it was hard as a diamond :rolleyes:

Edited by xincognitopbx, 01 March 2012 - 03:58 PM.

Feedback 2/0/0

#20 Melendez402

Melendez402

El Dorado

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:40 AM

Z2 does not jam. Rotor jams every now and then.

#21 SNAKESNIPER

SNAKESNIPER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:07 PM

All you guys whining about the Z2 capacity with the speedfeed are either not waiting long enough to reload, or have brand new speedfeeds with stiff fingers. When it's almost empty, you kind of have to "slam" down the pod a bit, just like any other loader.

#22 xincognitopbx

xincognitopbx

Ripper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:00 AM

All you guys whining about the Z2 capacity with the speedfeed are either not waiting long enough to reload, or have brand new speedfeeds with stiff fingers. When it's almost empty, you kind of have to "slam" down the pod a bit, just like any other loader.

You shouldn't have to slam it down. I just got a new lime green exalt instead of my old black one. No slamming necessary, it goes straight in.

Speedfeed on a z2? Doesn't fit. Terrible design, yet again by empire

Feedback 2/0/0

#23 The Crazy Cow

The Crazy Cow

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:32 AM

STOP complaning about the capacity of the z2 Empire's CS said they were going to come out with larger nose cones.

So just wait.
Moo.

#24 xincognitopbx

xincognitopbx

Ripper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

STOP complaning about the capacity of the z2 Empire's CS said they were going to come out with larger nose cones.

So just wait.

Not complaining. I mentioned that you should wait in my first post. He's trying to tell me that the capacity now is fine, I disagree...completely.

Feedback 2/0/0

#25 SNAKESNIPER

SNAKESNIPER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

Do you actually own and use a Z2? No? Ok then.

#26 OR Baller CST

OR Baller CST

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

In all honesty I have no problem with the capacity of the Z2. It fills with my Proto pods and that's fine with me.

#27 xincognitopbx

xincognitopbx

Ripper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

Do you actually own and use a Z2? No? Ok then.

Do I need to own it to form an opinion about it? No. Have I used it, yeah. Do I like the capacity? No I think its garbage.

You are insanely hypocritical: http://www.techpb.co...ic=183123&st=20 Do you actually own a G4? No. Ok then.

Edited by xincognitopbx, 04 March 2012 - 06:08 PM.

Feedback 2/0/0

#28 invictus

invictus

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

you can get a liquid camo rotor for 150 now, but i don't know for how long. I like the rotor, and the unjamming trigger does work about 90% of the time.

#29 Grayson Paintball

Grayson Paintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

Both of these hopper are great. I had the same question and i havent used my hopper in a month because ive been trying out differant hoppers. The rotor is better for if your playing the snake side, the speedfeeds come undon really easy because of the magnetism. The rotor has a little bit bigger capacity which can make a differance but i could fit a pod with room in a Z2. The Z2 seemed to not jam as much and the unjamming button is way better on it. The Z2 is a little bit smaller so its a little harder to get shot in the hopper which is the trade off for not holding as much. So all and all they're both great hoppers and even i'm having a very hard time deciding which to get

#30 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:33 AM

It's a matter of what you look for in a hopper. I've used both of them and like what each have to offer. Both of them will work perfectly fine on the field.

The Rotor:
- Super simple, idiot proof design. (Less maintenance. You can take it apart in less than 30 seconds.)
- Durable as hell. (Both are very very durable but the Rotor takes a slight edge just because you don't really need to worry about a fried board.)
- Add a Speedfeed + lid attachment. This makes it the ideal choice for rainy days.
- Much more efficient on batteries.
- Customizable colors

The Z2:
- Sound-activated, more reliable feeding. (You'll notice less jams.)
- Automatic anti-jam (If it detects a jam it will un-jam itself for you.)
- Customizable settings (You can adjust the speed and sound of how it feeds.)
- Rip drive (You can manually un-jam/feed your paint in case it runs out of battery or something goes wrong. Also, the rip drive is much better at un-jamming paint than the Rotor's fin switch... If your Rotor breaks down or runs out of battery you'll have a hard time feeding it manually.)
- Easier and faster to switch lids back and forth.

#31 AT3256

AT3256

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:10 AM

Well this got rather ugly fairly quickly. OP, they're both fantastic loaders. Get whichever one you think looks better on your gun. Both loaders will do you just fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users