Photo

SMOOTHEST TUNING METHOD! Axe/Mini owners come in.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 98Pro

98Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:37 PM

Ok I've noticed a lot of people go to method in the sticky which is the opposite of this method. Now yes it will improve your marker but a lot more in the efficiency department. This will create the smoothest possible shot AND increase efficiency by UP TO 2 pods on a 68/45. I've tuned my friends markers with this methods which they were hesitant to let me do at first however after I did it he was definitely surprised to find it shot better than his old luxe (3 of us on our team HAD luxes and now have axes because they shoot money one is being stubborn because his luxe has sentimental value... Posted Image lol) Anyways enough chatter onto the method.

1. Turn your pressure to 180 and turn your back cap ALL the way in.

2. Go to a chrono.

3.Back your back cap out by 1/8-1/4 turn and chrono 5 shots.

4. Repeat step 3 until your FPS stops going up (Usually around 3/4-1.5 turns out on an Axe so I'd imagine it'd be around this on a mini)

5.Now if your FPS is above 300 (it should be if you did this correctly) lower your pressure and chrono 5 shots each pressure drop to make sure the pressure is set in.

6. (Optional) Lower your dwell until it affects chrono speed (go down by 2 blinks on a stock board or .5 MS and rechrono) then bump your dwell up by 1 (One) MS (Millisecond)

Step 6 is purely for efficiency and is probably the most time consuming part of the process but is optional because you've already gained all your shot quality gains and some of your efficiency.

#2 cali penguin

cali penguin

Sophomore baller (EHS)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

Step 1: Lurker Bolt

Step 2: 3ms dwell

Step 3: velocity cap flush

Step 4: adjust velocity with pressure

Step 5: (optional) get upgraded barrel ( cp 2 piece with a lower bore size)

You will Posted Image your axe.
If you've never been on PBN and NEVER will, put this on your sig! TECHPB 4 LIFE.
Posted Image
GOTTA have balls to rock a pinokio! It doesn't hurt to have a barrel too.
Empire Axe Owner

#3 Hyrinmaru

Hyrinmaru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

Ok I've noticed a lot of people go to method in the sticky which is the opposite of this method. Now yes it will improve your marker but a lot more in the efficiency department. This will create the smoothest possible shot AND increase efficiency by UP TO 2 pods on a 68/45. I've tuned my friends markers with this methods which they were hesitant to let me do at first however after I did it he was definitely surprised to find it shot better than his old luxe (3 of us on our team HAD luxes and now have axes because they shoot money one is being stubborn because his luxe has sentimental value... Posted Image lol) Anyways enough chatter onto the method.

2. Go to a chrono.

4. Repeat step 3 until your FPS stops going up (Usually around 3/4-1.5 turns out on an Axe so I'd imagine it'd be around this on a mini)

5.Now if your FPS is above 300 (it should be if you did this correctly) lower your pressure and chrono 5 shots each pressure drop to make sure the pressure is set in.

6. (Optional) Lower your dwell until it affects chrono speed (go down by 2 blinks on a stock board or .5 MS and rechrono) then bump your dwell up by 1 (One) MS (Millisecond)

Step 6 is purely for efficiency and is probably the most time consuming part of the process but is optional because you've already gained all your shot quality gains and some of your efficiency.

By lower the pressure what do you mean by "Pressure is set in"? And by lowering the pressure is the fps going to go down? Because my field allow 285 fps and not 300 and step 6 what do you mean by step 6 "when it affects the speed? Ex. When its at 300 fps and then it starts going down around 270-280?

#4 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

Step 5 pretty much says to lower pressure until you reach your desired velocity.

#5 SirMiniPB

SirMiniPB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

Pretty sure Mr. Mike-Tech has already said the exact same thing in his how to tune the Axe LEPDD youtube video. But good info though!
webkit-fake-url://24995738-CEF8-4BA3-A925-248B72384E5E/2s8pbw5.gif

#6 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

I think this way of tuning is not the best because you can still get your Axe more efficient and just as smooth the other way.

#7 SirMiniPB

SirMiniPB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

2. Go to a chrono.

For turning the velocity ajuster all the way in that is turning right...right.
webkit-fake-url://24995738-CEF8-4BA3-A925-248B72384E5E/2s8pbw5.gif

#8 CrowsFeast1

CrowsFeast1

Still a noob, but seems like a veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

2. Go to a chrono.

For turning the velocity ajuster all the way in that is turning right...right.

Should be. I had the same problem as you with my TM-7. I backed the bolt all the way out twice in the same day (cold morning and warm afternoon at a big game, followed by cold evening prior to night game). I engraved an arrow under the battery door to show me the safe direction to turn it, though I don't think I will ever forget again. You get a lot of funny looks when you carry a TM-7 into MacDonalds and rebuild it on the table while eating breakfast.

Edited by CrowsFeast1, 25 April 2013 - 09:13 AM.

Canadasmilie.gifFeedback
Current: Ego7, Milsig mk3, TiPX, Hammer 7, Oracle pump
Previous: TM-7, Stryker
Eventually: CCI Phantom, other pumps, spoolie, PGP, DSG, DRV...

#9 G.prime

G.prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

What sticky

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users