• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OneManArmy

OneManArmy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

I am looking for a good project marker. I like to tinker and these seemed to be the best bet. What will be the better buy? If you choose the SM-1 what size screws will I need for the grips and asa? Please help me.
She likes her ponies? Fuck ponies. Turn that shit into a unicorn.

#2 Shamrock905

Shamrock905

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:26 PM

you can pop over to Pump World ya know, we don't bite Posted Image I mainly say this cuz I think you might get some better feedback.......

anyways, to the question at hand......the SM-1 is great if you want to choose your own parts and leave it at that. the 2k4 Prostock is gonna give you tons of options with frames, barrels, pump kits, bodies, custom mods, you name it.

I vote 2k4 prostock.

Especially if you want to tinker and invest a bit of money lol. you can make a sweet one of a kind marker if you start with a 2k4 prostock
2k6 Bob Long Intimidator-CP 14' .685 barrel, Pinokio, Ninja 68/4500
2k2 Cocker Pump-Hooptie Pump Kit, CCM Dust Black 86 degree trigger frame, CP 14' .685 barrel, CP Rail, CP Reg, Check-It Delrin Bolt, Ninja 13/3000 HPA tank, Pocket Hoppers.......

#3 hogzilla88

hogzilla88

Something about narwhals...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:22 PM

Pick the one you think looks better..,an SM1 and a prostock with a nice pump kit will be about equal.

#4 NotaSniper

NotaSniper

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:43 PM

If you are looking to build a unique project i'd pick up a cocker body off paintballgateway and build one.

http://www.paintball.../wgpauboki.html

That 2K5 BM or mini orracle would make a sweet pump. You could short cut it buy picking up a cheap mech cocker and swapping the parts over and selling what you don't use. Then add pump kit. Not the cheapeast way to go, but when I do I project and spend the time I build it how I absolutly want it.

#5 gospeedgo1

gospeedgo1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

Out of the two listed, 2004 prostock. There is more you can do to it.

#6 OneManArmy

OneManArmy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

Bump, I still can't decide, I want a really sexy marker
She likes her ponies? Fuck ponies. Turn that shit into a unicorn.

#7 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

I own an SM-1 and think it is a very good marker. It is a good design, has a lot of features, is made well and still leaves you with a lot of options.

I am a half-block guy, they are lighter, more compact and the bolt or beaver tail is no scratching up you mask. I know there are some die-hard full block guys, when I asked them why the usual answer is, "it's what I'm used to". Since that is not the case for you, start with the better design. I also know you can half-block a cocker, why not start with a marker made to be what you want?

The SM-1 has a lot of great feature like dual pump arms, hit-man mod, optional auto-trigger, toolless velocity adjustment. It also has a a good deal of cocker built into it as well, barrel treads, 45 grip panels and the same tools and layout for cleaning and assembly.

The SM-1 is made well, as a matter of fact, when I took mine apart I was pleased to see the insides look better than the outside. Everything is polished, fits well and works great.

Since the SM-1 comes as more of a kit, you have some options: from the factory you can get stainless pump arm and an auto-trigger. Then you get to choose your barrel, regulator and ASA. For mine I have a 12" Deadlywinds Fibur barrel, CP gen 3 regulator, CP on/off ASA and Empire Star Wars grips.

At this point the SM-1 is a great marker, more compatible to an Empire Sniper or CCM T2 than an heap of cobbled together old parts. So my vote is for the SM-1, unless you want to step up the the T2.

Good Luck!

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users